Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:09:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:46:43 PM

Generating a paper wallet would be pretty simple (since you are just generating a random password/id). The thing is, according to the NXT devs you really need to spend from an account/id to secure it (I guess that creates the public key?). Although, I do admit I'm not 100% sure how doing the spend really secures the account.

Your account number is 64 bits. So there could be many passwords (infinite actually) that result in the same 64 bit account ID. When you send an outgoing transaction, the account is no longer is protected just by 64 bit account ID, but by the 256 bit public key as the network now knows the public key for that account ID.

That's why it's required to send at least one outgoing transaction.

We don't need paper wallet. Just an app that does off line signing would make it close to 100% secure as the user is safe from keyloggers and malware. One outgoing transcation will still be needed, but that transaction can be signed on an offline computer that will never have internet connection. 

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. So if in the extreme instance that you chose a password that creates the same ID as an existing ID what happens? Does the wallet reject that password because the ID already exists in the block chain? Or, does it just assume that is your id?

I will see if I can put together an offline signing app this weekend. I assume the NRS api is documented somewhere?
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:57:51 PM

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. So if in the extreme instance that you chose a password that creates the same ID as an existing ID what happens? Does the wallet reject that password because the ID already exists in the block chain? Or, does it just assume that is your id?

The person who sent first outgoing transaction will control the account as his public key is linked to it. The second person will have to use a different password.

I will see if I can put together an offline signing app this weekend. I assume the NRS api is documented somewhere?

If your server is running,

try http://localhost:7876/test

there is also  https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_API

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:36:46 PM

Be a man a mine something thats fucking real not this scam shit.

You ARE aware that "mining" is a metaphor, right? That "mining" is only figurative language to describe running complex programs on very expensive, specialized (soon-to-be obsolete) computers to discover obscure numbers and verify other computers' numbers, right?

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:12:40 PM

Words relating to pay expo

sending an ounce of silver to say thankyou for the hard work.

How does this work? I saw you have silver listed on NXT somehow from a giveaway thread you posted(I think it was you anyway). When you say you're sending him an ounce of silver, does that mean you're sending him coloured coins or something at represent 1 oz of silver? How does one redeem them for real silver?

Yes i am sending a colored coin. For the lower 48 in the US, inorder to redeam one must send an amount of tokens divisible by ten to the issuing address with an adjoined message containing the mailing address that you would like the coins to be delivered to. Shipping to anywhere else should pm me to discuss specific arrangements.

Send me some silver plz
U ship to Russia?

Yes I can do that but shipping will be about 50 dollars according to usps.com

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:13:13 PM

How does this work? I saw you have silver listed on NXT somehow from a giveaway thread you posted(I think it was you anyway). When you say you're sending him an ounce of silver, does that mean you're sending him coloured coins or something at represent 1 oz of silver? How does one redeem them for real silver?

Yes i am sending a colored coin. For the lower 48 in the US, inorder to redeam one must send an amount of tokens divisible by ten to the issuing address with an adjoined message containing the mailing address that you would like the coins to be delivered to. Shipping to anywhere else should pm me to discuss specific arrangements.

Send me some silver plz
U ship to Russia?

Yes I can do that but shipping will be about 50 dollars according to usps.com

ok. will pm u soon Anon

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:14:39 PM

Any idea if anyone is working on a wallet like Armory that lets you create/sign transactions on a warm storage device and then transmit them from a hot wallet?

It's totally possible (and should be really easy) to create a small app (not fully featured client) that signs transactions on offline computer and then you broadcast it on online machine.

Maybe we can set a bounty on it?

I'm going to have to write code to do this for the anonymizer I am working on. So, I could probably put something together from that. A bounty would motivate me. Wink

You should ask Anon136 for bounty as he is on  community funds Smiley

I don't think bounty should be large, as this should be really easy task as you just save the transaction to USB drive, sign it on offline machine, then back to online machine to broadcast it. All the API and error checking is already done by NRS

You mean the tech dev committee?

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:16:43 PM

This is really cool to see a real world application of coloured coins! Someone could even trade that silver token for some coffee beans or something if someone sold coffee tokens as well. I wonder what sort of commodities trading we'll see. It's an exciting prospect in my opinion.

Im excited also! i really think this tool that is the asset exchange allows me to create a never before seen business model that will allow me to sell the cheapest silver on the market. Atleast if i can get out of the bootstrapping phase. If you would like to help support the project i'm always looking for more people to help source silver for me.

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:45:51 PM

POS NXT is a scam
1000 million nxt scam coin reasons why it will never happen.

Invented out of thin air , price depends on the pump and dump
buy buy buy

Be a man a mine something thats fucking real not this scam shit.

Get a clue or at least some new material or fuck entirely off.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
jonesT

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:20:48 AM

Are the gateways ready?

When will they be launched?

Tai Zen

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:41:07 AM

I received no interest, feedback or PM from people involved with NXT about those 2 paintings or anything
else. I have posted on this thread at least 3 times by now and not received even 1 reply. Complete silence.

What is the copyright of the NXT logo? Integrating that into your picture depending on the license of the logo may require a certain license for your art work.

I'm not saying that's the case, but you are including the NXT logo in your pics. Do you own the copyright of the NXT logo?

My understanding is that no one owns the copyright to the nxt logo because the orginal logo design was paid for by the community for the community so no one can claim copyright on it.

Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:08:55 AM

So, given zachamo's experience, is this a security issue that the devs need to address
or is this an individual wallet holder issue with regards to strength of password ??

Triff ..  

It was an individual issue, he said his password had over 10000 matches on google.

If you do make a long password (with multiple words), make sure the sentence makes nearly zero sense, and the words have as little connective with each other as possible. If you borrow a long phrase from any known material (books, poetry, articles online,etc.), you NXT will be stolen as your passphrase will be almost as easy to guess as "password".

NXT: 13095091276527367030
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:46:51 AM

I received no interest, feedback or PM from people involved with NXT about those 2 paintings or anything
else. I have posted on this thread at least 3 times by now and not received even 1 reply. Complete silence.

What is the copyright of the NXT logo? Integrating that into your picture depending on the license of the logo may require a certain license for your art work.

I'm not saying that's the case, but you are including the NXT logo in your pics. Do you own the copyright of the NXT logo?

My understanding is that no one owns the copyright to the nxt logo because the orginal logo design was paid for by the community for the community so no one can claim copyright on it.

Tai Zen

Hmmmm, what if somebody outside of the community uses the symbol then?  Like I can use the NXT symbol on my Jabo38 coin? (not going to, just wondering)

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:54:00 AM

Hmmmm, what if somebody outside of the community uses the symbol then?  Like I can use the NXT symbol on my Jabo38 coin? (not going to, just wondering)

NXT is not a corporation, no trade marks, the logo can be used by anyone. If a company operating inside the NXT economy designs their own logo, based on NXT logo or not, and copyrights it, then that particular one cannot be used.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:21:43 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 07:34:18 AM by tokeweed

Hello,

We will be doing a little test giveaway. Smiley

Just introduce yourself in the Go Nxt! Campaign thread and some words telling everyone why you love Nxt:  https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/go-nxt-campaign-an-asset-(and-proactive-giveaway)/

First 33 people get 10 Nxt.

And please do not forget to post your Nxt wallet address.  

Thanks.  Smiley

edit:  I stress that you really tell us what you love about Nxt or how you can contribute to the Nxt community. All 'hi can I has Nxt?' posts will be ignored.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:47:23 AM

1000 million coins invented out of thin air, thats a shit heap . How the fuck can you sleep noing this shit is a scam............

why not use 1 billion? Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:09 AM

this should be the first NXT<>USD.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

Great news indeed

Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:53:59 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 10:37:22 AM by Damelon

Early supporters of Lith have an hour left to reserve their assets Smiley

After noon today, your application will be processed with everyone else's.

https://nxtforum.org/lith-the-nxt-mmo/dorcs-games-asset-purchase-structure/

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:01:54 AM

Reservation of Lith Assets open NOW: https://nxtforum.org/lith-the-nxt-mmo/dorcs-games-asset-purchase-starts-now!/

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Msut

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:15:00 AM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD ACTUAL NXT ANDROID WALLET. IT TAKES YOUR FUNDS AND THEN CANNOT MOVE THEM
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: