Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:40:37 AM

Yep, I noticed the omission. TBH i dont understand the above enough to understand its value and priority, up against all the other stuff going on. I guess AT will be going to a clone now.  Undecided

AT hasn't been tested yet according to this:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-hierarchy-at-discussion/msg59637/#msg59637

As far as I understand it may be implemented in the future, but it's not considered a priority right now. And because it requires extensive testing by AT devs before it can go live, it conveniently falls in line with it not being a priority.
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:37:46 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 11:50:42 AM by josephliton

Alternate CryptoCurrencies news

OLD NEWS

A man donates 1 Million NXT coins ($43,000) to Brain Preservation Foundation

Ireport  Cnn.com  : http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1097582

First cafe in the world to accept crypto currency Nxt Coin

theboltonnews.co.uk    : http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11268661.First_cafe_in_the_world_to_accept_crypto_currency_Nxt_Coin/

Bitcoin Faces Regulatory Backlash as EU Tells Banks to Stay Away

The price has since dropped to about $631 on Bitstamp, an online exchange based in Slovenia. It would cost around $8.4 billion to buy all the Bitcoins in existence, according to Bitstamp.

The EBA’s announcement is “not very helpful” and may only deter individual users of virtual currencies, according to Simon Dixon, a director of the U.K. Digital Currency Association, a group representing the country’s virtual currency industry.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-04/bitcoin-faces-regulatory-backlash-as-eu-tells-banks-to-stay-away.html

EU Banks Must Shun Bitcoin Until Rules in Place, EBA Says

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-04/eu-banks-must-shun-bitcoin-until-rules-in-place-eba-says.html

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:54:31 PM

Yep, I noticed the omission. TBH i dont understand the above enough to understand its value and priority, up against all the other stuff going on. I guess AT will be going to a clone now.  Undecided

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-hierarchy-at-discussion/msg59637/#msg59637

As far as I understand it may be implemented in the future, but it's not considered a priority right now. And because it requires extensive testing by AT devs before it can go live, it conveniently falls in line with it not being a priority.

If AT is not a priority I think it is a shame. To me it seems like AT could be the most important feature for NXT to take over the bulk of the crypto market.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

If AT is not a priority I think it is a shame. To me it seems like AT could be the most important feature for NXT to take over the bulk of the crypto market.

First, AT is not everything that is developed in Nxt.

Second, AT needs first to be integrated and can then be tested. Community has approved of that. We are waiting for the AT team.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:28:13 PM

I am thinking of issuing an asset, is this thread an appropriate place to ask some questions I have about the notion?
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

I am thinking of issuing an asset, is this thread an appropriate place to ask some questions I have about the notion?

Sure, but it would be best to head over to https://nxtforum.org Wink
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:13:11 PM

Sure, but it would be best to head over to https://nxtforum.org Wink

OK I tried to register there but was defeated by the captcha 7 times and got bored of it, so here goes:

I would like to issue an asset and have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

The asset would comprise shares in the profits of one of my Darkcoin Masternodes.
ie. no. of DRK the Masternode earns minus the server costs.

So: issue asset 'tlcMN' or whatever with say 100 tokens. 1 tlcMNT = TBC amount of NXT, representing
1% of expected Masternode profits.

Initially, since this is an experiment as much as anything, I want the asset to have
a lifetime of 1 month from date of issue. Can I do this just by stating that's the deal
in the asset description?

Question: Having issued the asset, by default I own the 1000 tlcMNT, and can then set an
ask price on the exchange?

So: people hopefully buy, trade etc. the asset, and at the end of the month I check the
blockchain, and send proprtional amounts of my Masternode profits out to whoever owns what
quantity of tlcMNT at that time, minus proprtional share of server expenses.

Question: is there some way of then delisting/destroying the asset? Or is it just assumed
to be defunct as that was the deal stated in the asset description? Should I call the asset
'tlcMNTJULY14' to make that clear, as I don't want people selling on now worthless asset
shares and having the new owners bug me about not getting paid.

Question: the 1000NXT fee to list the asset - who/where does that money go to?

Am I basically on the right lines here or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I'm principally a Darkcoin investor at this point but like the idea of the NXT platform
and this seems like a neat way of combining the two, allowing DRK holders who don't have
enough to run their own Masternode to buy a share in one while utilising NXT and hopefully,
if I get my numbers right, making me a little more profit than my MN alone would.

Apologies if these are all really stupid questions! I'm dense on occasion. Wink

Answers/critiques/suggestions/invitations-to-bugger-off-all welcome, thank you.  Smiley
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Initially, since this is an experiment as much as anything, I want the asset to have
a lifetime of 1 month from date of issue. Can I do this just by stating that's the deal

You can do it, but you have to make it very clear to everyone, and set the price accordingly. (You could in theory buy back the asset shares at the end of the month, but it's not a good solution.) I don't think there were an asset so far that had a time limit.
There is no way to destroy an asset. Especially shares that you sold to others.

Question: Having issued the asset, by default I own the 1000 tlcMNT, and can then set an

Yes. All issued asset will be in your account and you can post ask orders, at any price.

As any fees: to forgers. Whoever forges the block after you issued the asset gets the fee.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:20:08 AM

Is Pinarello also back??  Grin
he sold and will never look back:
http://trollboxarchive.com/search/username/pinarello/
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:17:39 AM

You can do it, but you have to make it very clear to everyone, and set the price accordingly. (You could in theory buy back the asset shares at the end of the month, but it's not a good solution.) I don't think there were an asset so far that had a time limit.
There is no way to destroy an asset. Especially shares that you sold to others.

Yes. All issued asset will be in your account and you can post ask orders, at any price.

As any fees: to forgers. Whoever forges the block after you issued the asset gets the fee.

Thanks Vega. Smiley

Maybe start dates and finish dates could be added to the platform at some point, they are quite common in financial 'products' I believe...

In the meantime I am going to go ahead and give it a try, if bloody cryptsy ever send me my NXT so I can pay the asset issue fee. It will be an interesting (to me anyway!) experiment I think.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:36:56 AM

"The difference between the Nxt Brain Wallet and Bitcoin is there is no automated generation of your passphrase/private key and there is no wallet.dat-like file. A Bitcoin private key still can be bruteforced without access to created wallet.dat file."

extract from = http://www.nxtcommunity.org/ under brain wallets.

is that a true statement? as far as i know you cant brute force a wallet.dat? or atleast there is no known hardware/software that can do it?

If anyone had the ability to crack a wallet.dat with a strong password, they wouldn't be wasting it on a wallet.dat... Wink

edit: if anyone (joint NXT/DRK holders maybe?) would like to participate in my masternode asset experiment, some details are here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-profit-shares-for-sale-via-nxt-asset-exchange-initial-1-month-experiment.1725/  -  if this is considered spamming or otherwise some kind of faux pas, let me know and I'll happily remove it, the nxtforum captcha gatekeeper is still barring my registration there, I have no clue why.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:37:06 AM

"The difference between the Nxt Brain Wallet and Bitcoin is there is no automated generation of your passphrase/private key and there is no wallet.dat-like file. A Bitcoin private key still can be bruteforced without access to created wallet.dat file."

is that a true statement? as far as i know you cant brute force a wallet.dat? or atleast there is no known hardware/software that can do it?

In theory, no hardware can currently *sucessfully* bruteforced bitcoin private key (or Nxt brainwallet account, also).

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:57:54 AM

Hello,all of NXTers
Welcome all of you start your running store journey on NxtStore,it is free now.
Simple instruction as following:
http://www.nxtstore.com/index.php?app=article&code=help

More info:
https://nxtforum.org/nxtstore/
And help to promote to all related ppl.
Thanks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:33:52 AM

One of the main differences between Nxt and Bitcoin is the momentum of innovation Nxt has. That is a true advantage, the small userbase and low market capitalization makes it possible to try new things, which Bitcoin wouldn't dare to.
IMHO we haven't reached the point in development where we can rest on our oars! We must carry on and keep ahead of the crowd. If we do not implement AT this year, then next year we could lag far behind ethereum!

I recommend to be as careful as possible and to have a very long and thorough test phase. Jean-Luc's security concerns are reasonable and we should take them seriously, but to not implement this exciting feature into Nxt would be an unduly harsh measure.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
devphp

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:40:23 AM

I recommend to be as careful as possible and to have a very long and thorough test phase. Jean-Luc's security concerns are reasonable and we should take them seriously, but to not implement this exciting feature into Nxt would be an unduly harsh measure.

I am sure JL stands on the same ground, but it can't be faster than it is, especially if AT devs haven't integrated it into the core and haven't run it on the testnet yet in that capacity.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:29:37 AM

In theory, no hardware can currently *sucessfully* bruteforced bitcoin private key (or Nxt brainwallet account, also).

do you know who runs this site so this false information can be removed as it can only be used as ammo againts nxt as "spreading fud". not good to have false info on a nxt site. doesnt exactly add to nxts credibility.

QBTC I think
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:31:17 AM

If anyone had the ability to crack a wallet.dat with a strong password, they wouldn't be wasting it on a wallet.dat... Wink

edit: if anyone (joint NXT/DRK holders maybe?) would like to participate in my masternode asset experiment, some details are here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-profit-shares-for-sale-via-nxt-asset-exchange-initial-1-month-experiment.1725/  -  if this is considered spamming or otherwise some kind of faux pas, let me know and I'll happily remove it, the nxtforum captcha gatekeeper is still barring my registration there, I have no clue why.

I know jl777 has held a fair amount of DRK since december but I think he sold 80% recently. He still plans to add DRK to the multigateway and he may have other ideas on how you can issue your asset.
Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:06:53 AM

I am sure JL stands on the same ground, but it can't be faster than it is, especially if AT devs haven't integrated it into the core and haven't run it on the testnet yet in that capacity.

Yes but instead of welcoming CIYAM team and their hard work, he drives them away.

I'm sorry but that's not the way you handle a project. JL should find some time to sit and talk with them rather than wait for a perfect solution.

I know I would have been pissed as well if I was at CIYAM position
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:11:30 AM

Max Keiser tweeting about Nxt, thanks to our friend, Lee from Txt Coins Now:
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser
devphp

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:15:56 AM

Max Keiser tweeting about Nxt, thanks to our friend, Lee from Txt Coins Now:
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser

Is it just my computer? my browser freezes for 20-30 seconds on his twitter page.
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: