Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:34:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:21:44 PM

It's all in here: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/general-security-and-klee-theft-situation/

Holy Crap on a Cracker !!

I agree with the comments posted by "Uniqueorn" and "BitVenturerr" in the above referenced thread ..

I'm not familiar with KeepPass but Coinbase uses the "SMS one time pass" feature
prior to enabling a withdrawal from one's account .. Adds 20 seconds to a withdrawal ..

Security features designed to foil 'access' to one's wallet are clearly not enough ..
I vote for the "SMS one time pass" feature as an add on to the NXT client ASAP ..  
"klee" may have had sloppy security practices, but you have to admit that the
addition of "SMS  one time pass" would have prevented the coin heist ..

You guys are the security experts here and maybe a more 'elegant' security solution
can be developed at a later date ..

Mass adoption of crypto ?? You've got to be kidding ..

Fail safe wallet security should be priority  # 1

Triff ..  

Do you store your coinbase password or anyother password somewhere in plain text .txt file??

Not even my tech-unsavy girlfriend does that. That heist is 100% on klee and not the software, so please don't try to blame that one the provided software...

====

No, I don't store any passwords on my PC that I'm aware of ..
But, I'd assume ( correctly? ) that if I had a keylogger on my PC that I'd be in trouble ..
I'm not stating that the NXT client is at fault here ..
Just observing that once a wallet ( NXT's or any other coin's wallet ) has been accessed that the 'deed is done'
Would "SMS one time pass" have foiled this heist ?? Yes or No ??

Triff ..

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

How do you find out about assets on the exchange? Is there an official exchange list? Is there any oversight to what gets listed?

Brand new:

http://www.secureae.com/

Just click Login on the bottom left, it lists all the available assets.

But most of them are announced on nxtformum.org.

Wow, SecureAE is awesome, love the chart layout.  Also, it's really easy to tell which Assets are scam by the trading chart alone, it's a flat line!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:23:36 PM

It's all in here: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/general-security-and-klee-theft-situation/

I agree with the comments posted by "Uniqueorn" and "BitVenturerr" in the above referenced thread ..

I'm not familiar with KeepPass but Coinbase uses the "SMS one time pass" feature
prior to enabling a withdrawal from one's account .. Adds 20 seconds to a withdrawal ..

Security features designed to foil 'access' to one's wallet are clearly not enough ..
I vote for the "SMS one time pass" feature as an add on to the NXT client ASAP .. 
addition of "SMS  one time pass" would have prevented the coin heist ..

You guys are the security experts here and maybe a more 'elegant' security solution

Fail safe wallet security should be priority  # 1

Triff .. 

Do you store your coinbase password or anyother password somewhere in plain text .txt file??

Not even my tech-unsavy girlfriend does that. That heist is 100% on klee and not the software, so please don't try to blame that one the provided software...

====

But, I'd assume ( correctly? ) that if I had a keylogger on my PC that I'd be in trouble ..
Just observing that once a wallet ( NXT's or any other coin's wallet ) has been accessed that the 'deed is done'
Would "SMS one time pass" have foiled this heist ?? YES or NO ??

Triff ..

Using proper software WOULD HAVE safed Klee. Keepass 2 has multiple ways of preventing keyloggers from spying Wink

nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

nxtexplorer update

added a qrc and pdf generator to the personal account view and some additional account statistics like in/out distribution.
example view: http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=4747512364439223888

full list here: https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/nxtexplorer-update/msg62835/#msg62835
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

Triff ..  

====

Triff ..

Yes. But there really is no way to enforce that in a client. You don't have access to the private keys for your Coinbase coin. It is a shared wallet. So, the auth and security is layered on top of the BTC wallet there.

Anyone can create a client that doesn't send an SMS. Some type of 2FA or Multi-signature feature would have to be built into the core of NXT. If the auth or sig isn't valid it would be up to the network to reject the spend, not a single client.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:27:44 PM

Triff ..  

====

Triff ..

Multisig is what's required here. The fact that the much btc was available to steal with a single key on an online computer is completely inexcusable. As for the nxt... we need a greenaddress.it style wallet immediately. Or a 2 factor multisig app for your phone.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:29:27 PM

addition of "SMS  one time pass" would have prevented the coin heist ..

Fail safe wallet security should be priority  # 1

Triff .. 

====

Would "SMS one time pass" have foiled this heist ?? YES or NO ??

Triff ..

Using proper software WOULD HAVE safed Klee. Keepass 2 has multiple ways of preventing keyloggers from spying Wink

Yep, as does lastpass, as does 1password. But, we don't know if this was a keylogger or something else that got on his system and gained access to his text file. Was he really typing all his passwords in every day? I know I don't.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:35:07 PM

The Race 'To the Moon': Blackcoin and NXT Compete For Crypto 2.0 Crown

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112052/the-race-to-the-moon-blackcoin-and-nxt-compete-for-crypto-20-crown

I got to the fifth paragraph before closing the tab

"...using technology built from the ground up to be more effective than bitcoin..." referring to Nxt and Blackcoin.

Blackcoin is a clone of Novacoin which is a clone of Peercoin. They might have tweaked it but it can't be put in the same category as Nxt.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:42:28 PM

nxtexplorer update

added a qrc and pdf generator to the personal account view and some additional account statistics like in/out distribution.
example view: http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=4747512364439223888

full list here: https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/nxtexplorer-update/msg62835/#msg62835

Thanks Nexern, great work.
raleit2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:45:47 PM

NXT has been rated BUY!

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/
1GJ6MocSnEih1tjPstsCKBxgH2PRpdBnVB
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:51:05 PM

How much more NXT is left to cash out by the hacker? I heard that Bter froze his account, though I suspect he will have other accounts and other balances. One who takes the trouble of getting hold of all these will not be stupid enough to just dump them all at once through 1 account.
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

How much more NXT is left to cash out by the hacker? I heard that Bter froze his account, though I suspect he will have other accounts and other balances. One who takes the trouble of getting hold of all these will not be stupid enough to just dump them all at once through 1 account.

take a look at this, BTERs trading for the last 24 hours:

Looks like around 3 million got dumped.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
xBTC_Gateway

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:18:35 AM

I have just released xBTC, the BTC<>NXT gateway. You can find further infos here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=685379.msg7778687#msg7778687

For the start of this project, I will send 0.0005 xBTC to everyone interested. Just send me your NXT ID per message here!
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

I have just released xBTC, the BTC<>NXT gateway. You can find further infos here:

For the start of this project, I will send 0.0005 xBTC to everyone interested. Just send me your NXT ID per message here!

Thanks - send away. My address is in my sig  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
xBTC_Gateway

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:40:38 AM

I have sent the asset.
xBTC_Gateway

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:47:27 AM

is this not a bit pointless with multigateway coming out? Your business plan isn't very future proof lol

A backup plan won't hurt Wink Anything can happen in crypto world, so I think it is good to have alternatives.
cryptobanks

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:16:55 AM

Use a safer OS such as Linux.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:20:14 AM

OS X is Unix based and basically the same as Linux. Being secure is not really OS dependent.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:33:43 AM

OS X is Unix based and basically the same as Linux. Being secure is not really OS dependent.

Unless it comes bundled with the holes like Wondows Wink. Ah the good old days of the windows sharing service overflow packet when I used to give my friends a bluescreen whenever they brag about their brand new windows 7.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:02:20 AM

i cant believe some people are still using windows in the 21 century.

how can u seriously be that god damn stupid?

~CfA~

Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: