Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490181 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

I bought some SYS, but have not received a confirmation in 43 hours, support @ moolah is telling me to wait a week???  Yes I did it in two transactions, but seriously, a week?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 05:54:52 PM

Just a heads up, I'm not too familiar with IRC lingo...but it looks like the channel is moderated (+m flag) and therefore those without a voice can't talk (get a "Cannot send to channel" error).  Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong...but I don't see anyone else really talking in there, either, so I'm thinking I'm not the only one.

Anyway, excellent work guys, keep it up! I personally am not too worried about the dev portion of the premine, especially since the plan seems to be to make the team's addresses public. These guys are in it for the long haul.

I would hope it's moderated. This is cryptos, and lots of immature kids running around spreading FUD and spam. If it's fud i really, really hope for our sake of investment that this thread is moderated, and spam/FUD is deleted here too.

Nothing can kill a good investment faster than the trolls coming on here once things pick up and FUDDING. Its ruined good coins before. Investors run away. Look at blackcoins old thread and tell me you'd invest in that coin reading that stuff?

Don't get me wrong, if it's constructive criticism, or real disagreements or concerns, thats not FUD. If presented in a way that is not trolling or FUD or being a clever troll, voices should not be moderated. But for sake of all of us invested is surely hope IRC and bitcointalk thread all purposeful FUD or immature stuff is deleted.

Please consider this development so that this coin reaches it's full potential. It's nice to think we can all play nicely in sandbox but there are group of people out there that attach threads just to drive prices down when a coin is hot. So in perfect world no moderation is ideal, but that's not how cryptos work. 

We are always watching for FUD but really try to address it directly rather than delete it. Sometimes we are forced to delete things because people use crazy formatting but we do our best to keep the question/FUD, remove the crazy formatting, and then directly address the FUD to stop it. We've found deleting items silently is not the best (nor the most transparent) way to go about dealing with people who spread FUD.

Now in IRC this will be a different type of thing to deal with since its chat and not a forum. That being said I have removed moderation from IRC for the time being. People who had issues before should be all good now Smiley If it becomes a problem it looks like I can re-instate moderation + assign auto-voice to everyone; voice will be removed form people spreading FUD for the sake of FUD if such users appear on the channel (per my understanding of IRC moderation this is how it and "voice" work without full-out banning a user from a channel).

I didn't read entire OP
but, what are you going to do with the coins which are not sold at the pre-sale ?

You should read it, that's why we took the time to write it  Smiley this question is answered directly in the OP (in the presale FAQ to be specific).

I bought some SYS, but have not received a confirmation in 43 hours, support @ moolah is telling me to wait a week???  Yes I did it in two transactions, but seriously, a week?

That is wrong and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Reaching out to you via PM, will help get this resolved... not sure why they said that.  Huh

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
newguy12

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:28:46 PM

Don't worry dude, things are probably crazy @ moolah atm.

Same thing happened to me, Dano took care of it lickity split.

Make sure to give him all the info he asks for in the PM when he contacts you and all will be right as rain soon enough. Smiley
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:04:28 AM

Interesting approach to the fees. As long as its not so high that people decide to just wait till later on when its cheaper I think this will be a good idea.
TheMilkman

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:46:28 AM

Can we use some of the fees/funding to support the price, like Synccoin does? Building buy walls etc.
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

danosphere, anything on the smart contract query I had? or did it get buried somewhere Smiley

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
vaudvaud

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:43:27 PM

Maybe have an "early adopter" window where the fees are set lower for a limited amount of time at the start to encourage use and development at the beginning?
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

: When will I get my Syscoin? Do I get them now!?
A: Syscoin purchased via presale will be delivered when the coin launches. It is impossible to deliver it sooner. The coin launch is scheduled for August 16th but may happen sooner; plan on August 16th.

Is it still Aug 16 or likely to be delayed?
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:16:42 PM

danosphere, anything on the smart contract query I had? or did it get buried somewhere Smiley

I do apologize but it did get buried somewhere in the pages, mind restating it for me please?

Maybe have an "early adopter" window where the fees are set lower for a limited amount of time at the start to encourage use and development at the beginning?
Here's what I heard from you last:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.msg7910346#msg7910346

Yet to put in money before I actually buy a piece of the initial pie.

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:06:40 PM

: When will I get my Syscoin? Do I get them now!?
A: Syscoin purchased via presale will be delivered when the coin launches. It is impossible to deliver it sooner. The coin launch is scheduled for August 16th but may happen sooner; plan on August 16th.

Is it still Aug 16 or likely to be delayed?

Still aug16 by all indicators. Team is working hard to maintain that date!

I do apologize but it did get buried somewhere in the pages, mind restating it for me please?

Here's what I heard from you last:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.msg7910346#msg7910346

Yet to put in money before I actually buy a piece of the initial pie.

Thanks- will reply to you later tonight, appreciate the patience and the reminder Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Tam222

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:28:32 PM

I think I'm blind  Huh

''PLUS the service fees''

I cannot for the life of me find how much the fees are... so I've missed paying them Doh!

Can some please embarrass me or humour me and show me where that information is please? So I can send them in a separate transaction if that's possible?

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:32:25 PM

I think I'm blind  Huh

I cannot for the life of me find how much the fees are... so I've missed paying them Doh!

Can some please embarrass me or humour me and show me where that information is please? So I can send them in a separate transaction if that's possible?

I don't know why they called it that, never heard that language before - they mean the Bitcoin transaction fee I think, so they are just saying they need to receive the full amount in case you have a wallet which deducts the transaction fee from what you are sending.
Tam222

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:34:24 PM

I think I'm blind  Huh

I don't know why they called it that, never heard that language before - they mean the Bitcoin transaction fee I think, so they are just saying they need to receive the full amount in case you have a wallet which deducts the transaction fee from what you are sending.

Ah..ok... Got it, many thanks. I had done that so I have paid them

Cheers  Grin

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:12:37 AM

We labeled it the "service fee" because a generic name for what it is- different sites/exchanges charge different fees for withdrawing BTC. Because we can't predict where the BTC may be coming from or what that provider may charge to withdraw BTC, we can't provide a fixed price to reference. If there is a better/more standardized name for this fee please let me know, the labels for it seem to vary from site to site or its just referenced as a "withdrawal fee". Maybe that's a better term?

:reaches back to page 24:
I might have missed it but danosphere, how are you guys enabling smart contracts on your blockchain? Cause the whole certificate thing looks more like asset on next and not really a smart contract. Another query I had was, how do you stop people from issuing worthless certificate to bloat the blockchain?

I'm going to take a crack at this but I'm also going to have @coderboo reply to this as well. Syscoin doesn't implement "smart contracts" as defined by Ethereum aka a turing complete smart contract solution (er.. vision atm). Looking at this doc on NXT asset exchange Syscoin certificates do not behave like assets either, at least not as defined by that page. To be honest I don't fully understand NXT assets but Syscoin certificates I can explain.

First you register as a cert issuer on the Syscoin blockchain and this costs a set fee that isn't pennies. This enables you to issue certs, and these certs can be linked back to your wallet address through the blockchain to be provably issued by you to the reciever- even if transferred (transfers are all logged as well). So you have a cert, lets say its the digital title for a car (you're a car dealership, I'm buying a car from you). You issue the certificate to my Syscoin address via the blockchain and it proves I purchased the car from you and I own it. If in a year I want to transfer the certificate to a new owner I can do that myself- but it can always be tracked down via the blockchain to see who the current owner is (if its not encrypted).

Certificates do not inherently cost anything outside of Syscoin service fees related to the various commands. I could create an offer using the Syscoin marketplace service to sell the car and after selling transfer the cert to the new owner. The certificate system doesn't have concepts that NXT asset exchange has- there aren't bids and asks, there is no interest or expiry.

In order to prevent abuse/issuing of garbage certificates the fees for this service will be set appropriately to discourage such activity. Of course we can't ban it or anything as this is all decentralized. I'm sure there will be some level of garbage just from people wanting to try out the features not even knowing what they do and that's fine- but it will cost them, and eventually they won't have enough Syscoin to continue.

We'll be working to outline a number of use cases for the various services to people understand them better and don't waste Syscoin unintentionally Smiley

TheMilkman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:10:33 AM

I might be shooting my own leg here but
Isn't the ICO priced too low?

I've compared it with VIA, took into consideration number of coins available instantly on the market, looked at the things in the pipeline. Should the initial price be more like 3000 satoshi?
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:18:46 AM

I've compared it with VIA, took into consideration number of coins available instantly on the market, looked at the things in the pipeline. Should the initial price be more like 3000 satoshi?

There are plenty coins left for you to buy.Go grab them all.
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:24:12 AM

There are plenty coins left for you to buy.Go grab them all.

well thats a first.  complaining that ipo coins are too cheap.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:34:28 AM

well thats a first.  complaining that ipo coins are too cheap.

I guess he wanted to know if price will explode after launch, but tried to mask it.   Grin

realestmofo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:55:58 AM

It very well may be. We will know when it hits the exchanges. When marketing to business (think venture capitalist) they tend to buy and hold. Depending on how many are interested there may not be enough offered in the presale. Then they jack the price up to get people to sell so they have more coins for their long term investment. This keeps it out of the hands of pump and dump whales so in the end the price goes up and stays up like VIA is doing.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
TheMilkman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:58:47 AM

No, seriously. There were like 100 000 000 VIA available after launch. There will be about 200 000 000 SYS. Both coins have innovative features. VIA jumped to almost 40 000 satoshi and is stable. If VIA was priced 6000, shouldn't SYS be priced 3000?
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: