Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
realestmofo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:01:29 PM

Again, his numbers are flawed..

What's the total number of coins outstanding expected to be by the end of Year 1 (12 months from launch)?

Sorry not ignoring you, just busy. will revert back later.

8 months in 165,888,000 mined + 60,000,000 devs, bounties + 300,000,000 (if presale sells out)

4 more months / 120 days and we have 552,960 a day. 66,355,200 coins

in 12 months coins = 292,243,200 + presale amount.

So 592,243,200 syscoins max in 12 months.

At 518 sat that is 3067 btc. $1,932,210 in 12 months from launch at presale price.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:49:56 PM

since the devs are an award winning crew...what awards have they won?

In the OP it is mentioned that this project is being launched by Award winning team
May you be so kind and elaborate on this. Please present some proof Smiley

Certainly Smiley We were the KittehCoin team (Took over after it was abandoned). We won "best dev of March 2014" at the Crypto Awards (www.cryptoawards.com); it was determined by popular vote. Unfortunately, at the moment, it appears that that site is down. Here is their twitter feed however(see march 31st):

https://twitter.com/CryptoAwards
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:34:39 PM

Guys keep getting the word out about Syscoin.  The devs can't do it alone no matter how accomplished they are, it takes community support to make a coin successful.  This is the first true 2nd generation coin like Ethereum, but it's here NOW - so get the word out and let everyone you can know about it.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

I'm really going back and forth on whether to invest in this or not. On the one hand the feature-set doesn't strike me as anything particularly different to what other projects are doing, but on the other hand in the world of open source crypto where features can be cloned and there's so much competition, its probably the front end stuff and being able to get merchants and customers on board that will really determine success, so the association with Moolah is a definite positive.

Can anyone provide me with more information about what this association with Moolah will bring to the table exactly, such as - how many merchants and wallet accounts does Moolah already have? In what ways is Moolah planning to package the capabilities of Syscoin into plugins or modules for use by their merchants and wallet holders? Anything else that will give me the confidence that businesses will actually use Syscoin's features?
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:59:59 PM

I'm really going back and forth on whether to invest in this or not. On the one hand the feature-set doesn't strike me as anything particularly different to what other projects are doing, but on the other hand in the world of open source crypto where features can be cloned and there's so much competition, its probably the front end stuff and being able to get merchants and customers on board that will really determine success, so the association with Moolah is a definite positive.

Can anyone provide me with more information about what this association with Moolah will bring to the table exactly, such as - how many merchants and wallet accounts does Moolah already have? In what ways is Moolah planning to package the capabilities of Syscoin into plugins or modules for use by their merchants and wallet holders? Anything else that will give me the confidence that businesses will actually use Syscoin's features?

Going to let Dan answer this one. Should not be too long. But good question, we like those.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Is there any way I can get a refund for my presale?  I've changed my mind and would rather wait until release to invest.
kirivas_s

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:07:37 PM

Is there any way I can get a refund for my presale?  I've changed my mind and would rather wait until release to invest.

Nope. You have to wait for the coin release
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Nope. You have to wait for the coin release

Well I want a refund.  I'm not prepared to have my BTC locked up for 3+ weeks.  If I get it back I can trade it and try  and make it larger so I can buy more when it is actually released.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:19:17 PM

Just to remind people.

We have a number of Bounties.
All bounties will be managed directly on Altcoingiveaways at THIS THREAD

Details in OP
slex

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:22:17 PM

90,000 registered user accounts. Majority consumer, a few thousand merchant accounts. We'll be building a number of easy to use "do it yourself" overlays on top of the Syscoin platform.

Founder // CEO - moolah.io
michaelb87

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

A few observations:

The general consensus around here appears to be that the IPO is overpriced. I personally feel the price is decent, but could definitely use a bit more room for growth one way or another (by reducing max coins is an interesting idea). However, the appearance of the IPO being overpriced is not good; it means investors are scared to take a chance with Syscoin and the momentum is instantly killed from all the pricing FUD (see how the IPO investments have slowed). Because of this, I think it's imperative the devs make a change to something in regards to the coin to make investors feel a bit more comfortable in giving Syscoin a shot, or else the coin will come flopping out the gate at launch day with zero momentum due to the general negative air surrounding the price. If there's one thing a new coin needs to succeed right off the bat, it's a happy and enthusiastic community but unfortunately I'm not seeing much positive talk around here at all since the price was released.

Well I am not sure I agree about momentum. 190BTC in less than 48 hours is pretty good in my book.
As for the actual pre-sale price, I dont think its priced too high at all. Again looking at the figures with the existing feature set in mind, it is priced just about right..
Again I want to be clear, we have NOT priced this for a quick P/D, if that is what you want there are plenty of ****coins around.

Also we ARE still looking at the mining data on our own testnet and we will be coming out with some news on that shortly.

What do you call ****coins? VIA? CRYPTI? All good coins with a way better IPO.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:27:46 PM

Well I'll put in a ticket with Moolah for a refund and see what they say.  This is hardly reassuring from a PR/customer relations standpoint for SYScoin.  If I was looking to invest in this coin and found out that the developers had so little confidence in it that they refused refunds I would not be impressed.
fastminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:36:16 PM

A few observations:

The general consensus around here appears to be that the IPO is overpriced. I personally feel the price is decent, but could definitely use a bit more room for growth one way or another (by reducing max coins is an interesting idea). However, the appearance of the IPO being overpriced is not good; it means investors are scared to take a chance with Syscoin and the momentum is instantly killed from all the pricing FUD (see how the IPO investments have slowed). Because of this, I think it's imperative the devs make a change to something in regards to the coin to make investors feel a bit more comfortable in giving Syscoin a shot, or else the coin will come flopping out the gate at launch day with zero momentum due to the general negative air surrounding the price. If there's one thing a new coin needs to succeed right off the bat, it's a happy and enthusiastic community but unfortunately I'm not seeing much positive talk around here at all since the price was released.

Well I am not sure I agree about momentum. 190BTC in less than 48 hours is pretty good in my book.
As for the actual pre-sale price, I dont think its priced too high at all. Again looking at the figures with the existing feature set in mind, it is priced just about right..
Again I want to be clear, we have NOT priced this for a quick P/D, if that is what you want there are plenty of ****coins around.

Also we ARE still looking at the mining data on our own testnet and we will be coming out with some news on that shortly.

What do you call ****coins? VIA? CRYPTI? All good coins with a way better IPO.

most of the investors are cool with the price. the price can stay the same. no need to listen to these investors who want to make a quick buck. if they think $944k is too high they can go invest elsewhere. this coin is something new and refreshing to the crypto community. i see this having a market cap of $10million once features are launched. we have got 185btc already so we definitly have the interest. the only reason why its not more is because launch date is further down the line yet. people will invest as it comes to that date, so people can whine all they want about the price, but the fact is on launch our cap will be $944k with the features so that will shoot up. i would prefer a 1 billion cap, same price same amount of max coins in ipo.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:36:36 PM

I'm sorry but you did not make it clear at launch that anyone buying into the presale will have no real advantage over anyone buying later.  If anything buying into it in the presale means that you take on the risk of failure with insufficient payoff to compensate for that.  I will see if Moolah have better customer service. Had you made this clear at the start of the presale I wouldn't have bought in.  Also deleting my messages and your defensive response is pretty much making it clear that this is not a coin to invest in.
fastminer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:39:52 PM

I'm sorry but you did not make it clear at launch that anyone buying into the presale will have no real advantage over anyone buying later.  If anything buying into it in the presale means that you take on the risk of failure with insufficient payoff to compensate for that.  I will see if Moolah have better customer service. Had you made this clear at the start of the presale I wouldn't have bought in.  Also deleting my messages and your defensive response is pretty much making it clear that this is not a coin to invest in.

how is it not a advantage, features have not yet been released. what do you think will happen when they are. its not a whitepaper its actual working features. there are many type of investors some take risk some wait for the real stuff to come out, they are whales, whales will eat this up once coins are out. look at drk, xc. even though it rose from 1700 to 100k, you saw the size of buys there right, why because it had the features working. this will be similar situation here. i would recommend for dev to release features once ipo is closed, also how is it risk, if dev does not deliver we get coins back. btc is by moolah not dev
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

I deleted ONE message because you didn't read the OP. I'm not going to get into a childish argument with you. You just reposted what i deleted and I let it stand so do whatever you'd like. What you posted is still here for all to see via your reposting of it.

My responses are only defending the fact that all of this information is very clearly stated in the first page, and then again on the actual presale purchase page, and you didn't read.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:41:51 PM

how is it not a advantage, features have not yet been released. what do you think will happen when they are. its not a whitepaper its actual working features. there are many type of investors some take risk some wait for the real stuff to come out, they are whales, whales will eat this up once coins are out. look at drk, xc. even though it rose from 1700 to 100k, you saw the size of buys there right, why because it had the features working. this will be similar situation here. i would recommend for dev to release features once ipo is closed, also how is it risk, if dev does not deliver we get coins back. btc is by moolah not dev

Actually I've just spoken to Moolah.  They say it is completely out of their control and Syscoin have control of all the wallets etc - so only they can issue refunds.  It just gets WORSE.
jibble

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:44:57 PM

they have no access to the funds. You are asking them to do something impossible, issue a refund of BTC that they don't and wont have a single ounce of control over till the release of the coin.

You might as well say they are giving bad customer service because they ran out of unicorn soup. both impossible things

Edit : lol just seen last post, any proof of that claim ?
fastminer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

Actually I've just spoken to Moolah.  They say it is completely out of their control and Syscoin have control of all the wallets etc - so only they can issue refunds.  It just gets WORSE.

now that is FUD, how are you saying wallets are in syscoin control, when wallets are generated by moolah on their exchange also, moolah has confirmed by posting here that coins are with them. dev needs to talk to them if they want access to BTC. you do know what a escrow is right?

you might as well leave now, you lose all credibility with that post. you are here to fud
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

they have no access to the funds. You are asking them to do something impossible, issue a refund of BTC that they don't and wont have a single ounce of control over till the release of the coin.

You might as well say they are giving bad customer service because they ran out of unicorn soup. both impossible things

Exactly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: