Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:09:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490181 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:43:01 PM

Oh dont worry, his posts wont stay up for long..

Look we don't mind constructive criticism at all, but strait up FUD for the sake of FUD we cant allow.
Its really as simple as that

It's fact.Not FUD!!!!!!!!!  So greedy dev!

Mate, what you are doing now is FUD. nothing else..
You said it once, no problem with that.. You then continued into FUD land and it will be moderated.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:37:36 PM

its expensive but i will give it a try Smiley its just bits ... not real money  Roll Eyes
rycon87

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:44:58 PM

Honestly guys, something's going to need to change here. Regardless of how fairly priced you may think the IPO is, and regardless how fairly priced the IPO may actually be, investors clearly don't feel the same way. How can a coin like this succeed without happy, supportive investors rallying behind it and building hype? Currently all the FUD is drowning out the positive talk about Syscoin and its innovative features, and that's a shame to see. If something isn't done to quell investors' fears then I'm afraid the negative stigma will continue through the coin's launch, resulting both in less raised during the IPO phase and zero momentum at launch.
vaudvaud

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

Honestly guys, something's going to need to change here. Regardless of how fairly priced you may think the IPO is, and regardless how fairly priced the IPO may actually be, investors clearly don't feel the same way. How can a coin like this succeed without happy, supportive investors rallying behind it and building hype? Currently all the FUD is drowning out the positive talk about Syscoin and its innovative features, and that's a shame to see. If something isn't done to quell investors' fears then I'm afraid the negative stigma will continue through the coin's launch, resulting both in less raised during the IPO phase and zero momentum at launch.

huh.. I'm an happy supportive investor and I"m fine with it... and I don't know what fears you are talking about..?  Grin  If you don't like it, don't invest..
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:52:44 PM

Honestly guys, something's going to need to change here. Regardless of how fairly priced you may think the IPO is, and regardless how fairly priced the IPO may actually be, investors clearly don't feel the same way. How can a coin like this succeed without happy, supportive investors rallying behind it and building hype? Currently all the FUD is drowning out all the positive talk about Syscoin and its innovative features, and that's a shame to see. If something isn't done to quell investors' fears then I'm afraid the negative stigma will continue through the coin's launch, resulting both in less raised during the IPO phase and zero momentum at launch.

Easy now, we are less than 3 days into the pre-sale. We have lots more info and videos etc coming out.
Most of the FUD was about people screaming murder over wrongly calculated market cap numbers (Not by us mind you) and the likes.

We are still looking at the mining numbers and should have new about this over the next 12 hours or so.

But yes, I do agree. We would also prefer to talk about the innovative features.

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

its expensive but i will give it a try Smiley its just bits ... not real money  Roll Eyes

Thanks Bruce Smiley
rycon87

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

Honestly guys, something's going to need to change here. Regardless of how fairly priced you may think the IPO is, and regardless how fairly priced the IPO may actually be, investors clearly don't feel the same way. How can a coin like this succeed without happy, supportive investors rallying behind it and building hype? Currently all the FUD is drowning out all the positive talk about Syscoin and its innovative features, and that's a shame to see. If something isn't done to quell investors' fears then I'm afraid the negative stigma will continue through the coin's launch, resulting both in less raised during the IPO phase and zero momentum at launch.

Easy now, we are less than 3 days into the pre-sale. We have lots more info and videos etc coming out.
Most of the FUD was about people screaming murder over wrongly calculated market cap numbers (Not by us mind you) and the likes.

We are still looking at the mining numbers and should have new about this over the next 12 hours or so.

But yes, I do agree. We would also prefer to talk about the innovative features.

I see what you mean and appreciate the honest response. I just hate to see a coin with so much potential get caught up in FUD like this. I feel like you guys know what you're doing and I hope you're able to make the right decisions; it must be hard as hell to manage all this while at the same time preparing for the actual launch, and for that I salute you.

BTW I did invest 1 BTC into the presale, so I do have a vested interest. I'm curious to see exactly what else you guys have up your sleeves for the launch -- I've noted a few occasions where you've mentioned you're holding some cards close to your chest. Any idea when you will be playing these cards?   Smiley
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

People who invested in Bitcoin when it was pretty much worthless were told they were insane.  I wonder where those people are now?  Probably saying the same thing about every altcoin.  This coin is bringing Ethereum type innovation to the blockchain and it is doing it NOW, not some time in the future.  It is natural to have concerns and doubts, all altcoins are a risk.  The fact is if any altcoin is going to succeed it's going to be one with innovations that help real world adoption and SYScoin has that.  It is unlikely to make you rich - investments generally don't do that and that is what this is.  This is a chance to be part of Altcoin 2.0 - the first real developments since LTC.  I think it's worth taking a risk on.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:45:11 PM

No, what I am saying is that some investors just want to pump/dump and in this process kill the coin.
We don't want to participate in that with syscoin as this is not the purpose. Simples

Yep and as further evidence of that we have min/max caps for presale purchases. We don't want a centralization of wealth even via presale. It would be completely backwards if we let someone purchase say 75btc+ of Syscoin presale. They could crash the market single handedly... or pump/dump single handedly. This doesn't align with our team values nor our long term goals/vision for Syscoin. Coins that encourage this kind of thing are dead from day one; soon as that holder dumps their value crashes to the ground.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
zhangdu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:29:04 PM

you guys talking about everything based on the investor are greedy, and they want dump and pump coins then kill the coins. but i think you are the biggest pumper, and if you are not greedy, why you make presale, don't tell me you want engage the charity but short of money. this is all of your shit excuse。 this is open thread, everyone can say anything here they want, don't put your fuck big mouth on those who give you money.    

Ganrom

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

I have a dumb question.... oh and yes I am an investor of the Pre Sale.

WHAT THE HECK DOES      FUD      stand for?Huh
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:42:21 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 03:59:33 PM by snipsnoop

Ok, I'll engage knowing that your post will be deleted as soon Dan is back..
Big red letters, cursing and nothing constructive.
But you do in a strange way ask a valid enough question.

The reason for the pre-sale is raise funds for the further development of syscoin and all the features we have already implemented and will implement in the future.
We know from experience that this is not cheap and that everybody wants a slice of the cake.
We also know that in some circles they dont give a flying toss about bitcoins/altcoins and want fiat to do any work.
Syscoin has a lot of potential, but in order to really give it a proper boost and rise above the fold sort of speak we need funds. This should over time also increase the value to the people who got a portion of the pre-sale.
This is what the pre-sale is for.
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

WHAT THE HECK DOES      FUD      stand for?Huh

it means some one said something a 'pumper' didn't like.

they claim it stands for fear, uncertainty, doubt but its overused for everything.

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:43:47 PM

WHAT THE HECK DOES      FUD      stand for?Huh

lol.. Dont worry, I had to ask the same question at some point as well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:10:03 PM

I don't understand why my posts were deleted.
I just say why 15% pre-mine for 1500BTC.It's too expensive.
Syscoin is APP based on LTC. I cann't see more.
Am I wrong?
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:14:04 PM

Am I wrong?
Yes, but the problem was you said it multiple times and was basically spamming.

I would suggest you read the OP, there is a lot of info about what Syscoin is. We have a lot more features than LTC and is not just another clone.
Happy to answer any questions you have.
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:18:04 PM

Am I wrong?
Yes, but the problem was you said it multiple times and was basically spamming.

I would suggest you read the OP, there is a lot of info about what Syscoin is. We have a lot more features than LTC and is not just another clone.
Happy to answer any questions you have.

Of course,I have read the OP. I think the syscoin is APP based on LTC. Not LTC clone.Someone can correct me if wrong.
rycon87

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:53:23 PM

zhangdu give it up, you were spamming (and are continuing to spam). The devs have been completely transparent in regards to deleted postings, and I agree with them 100%.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

Encypted secure transfer of data or messages, right?

No. That's a use-case where I would apply more structure - something like a 'sendmessage' command with the ability to encrypt the message with the receivers public syscoin key - e.g. address - so that only the recipient can read it, via decrypting through their private key. (ps I know you know how this works, just expanding out for everyone else's sake)

Oh, I think I just revealed one of my planned 1.1 features Wink

Seriously though, your arguments are the same ones i've been playing out for a while now. Frankly, this exchange may be the thing that gets me to take it out, as I am not convinced of its inherent utility and concerned about its possible vectors for abuse.

I'll PM you once we make up our mind and then publicly announce afterwards.  Thanks a ton for your thoughts on this, some super valuable feedback here!
Cool,

Well I was imagining setdata to be arbitrary, 256k of data, either a message or some other data, maybe an encoded image or something who knows... just like an email with html attachments. SendMessage assumes text interaction but if you do a setdata api/parser then you can add in the text stuff into the same command as data... but maybe that doesn't make sense from a utility (tool) perspective.

The easier you make it to use, while keeping API flexibility, the bigger benefits it will provide its users.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:41:06 PM

Transparency: I have deleted additional posts from user 'zhangdu'. I will continue deleting this user's posts until the content comes back into the realm of productive discussion. I am doing this for the benefit of everyone here who is looking for real information and not banter/name calling. This thread is not the place for name calling or other childish comments.

----

Encypted secure transfer of data or messages, right?

No. That's a use-case where I would apply more structure - something like a 'sendmessage' command with the ability to encrypt the message with the receivers public syscoin key - e.g. address - so that only the recipient can read it, via decrypting through their private key. (ps I know you know how this works, just expanding out for everyone else's sake)

Oh, I think I just revealed one of my planned 1.1 features Wink

Seriously though, your arguments are the same ones i've been playing out for a while now. Frankly, this exchange may be the thing that gets me to take it out, as I am not convinced of its inherent utility and concerned about its possible vectors for abuse.

I'll PM you once we make up our mind and then publicly announce afterwards.  Thanks a ton for your thoughts on this, some super valuable feedback here!
Cool,

Well I was imagining setdata to be arbitrary, 256k of data, either a message or some other data, maybe an encoded image or something who knows... just like an email with html attachments. SendMessage assumes text interaction but if you do a setdata api/parser then you can add in the text stuff into the same command as data... but maybe that doesn't make sense from a utility (tool) perspective.

The easier you make it to use, while keeping API flexibility, the bigger benefits it will provide its users.

This is a great point and something we're really trying to make easy for people to use. We want to keep the API very flexible, and then build abstracted front-ends on top of this API (like a simple web front end or something of that nature) to make it very easy to interact with these features.

Solid developers will still jump down to the pure-api level and see what potential it presents and start building business and services on top of it in the vein that @Coderboo was speaking to, which will be huge; but at the same time we as a dev team are looking to make this easier for users who are not developers to interact with and leverage these innovative features as well.

Want to thank you @sidhujag for your patience with some of the replies to your more technical questions, and for asking such relevant and "deep" technical questions  Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: