Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex -  (Read 334544 times)
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 06:19:03 PM

I don't like this idea... it basically means there's no reason to hold coins anymore. Just open empty wallets on each device you have and you get the maximum number of coins allowed. Since it isn't based on how many you hold, there's no reason not to continually dump them at that point.
Thank you Ranlo you are a wise man. I see now that just give away coins for only suporting the netork is not the right way. Maybe better then to take into account the number of coins you hold with an maximum reward. Also a minimum of cons you have to keep to take part of the reward program and some luck factor.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:33:22 PM

I don't like this idea... it basically means there's no reason to hold coins anymore. Just open empty wallets on each device you have and you get the maximum number of coins allowed. Since it isn't based on how many you hold, there's no reason not to continually dump them at that point.
Thank you Ranlo you are a wise man. I see now that just give away coins for only suporting the netork is not the right way. Maybe better then to take into account the number of coins you hold with an maximum reward. Also a minimum of cons you have to keep to take part of the reward program and some luck factor.

Technically we already have a min/max with the current stake... with the maximum being however much you can earn in 30 days. Setting a cap on overall coins has a negative effect. Let's say I'd stake 800 if the system would let me, but it's capped at 300 coins. I'd just load two more wallets (pi or elsewhere) and split my coins into 1/3s. Now I can still get all I'm entitled to. Basically the change would only hurt legitimate people that want to run a single wallet.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
curT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:37:51 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 07:42:06 AM by curT

But paying ENRG from my own funds to other people when they are online I have no intention.

You don't have to pay with your funds.

Change this:

EnergyCoin Specifications

Algorithm: Scrypt POS/PoW Hybrid (No PoW Reward)
Max Coins: 110 Million and yearly interests.
Year 1: 10% interest 11 000 000 ENRG created here
Year 2: 8%
Year 3: 6%
Year 4: 4%
Year 5: 2%
Next : 1%

to this:

I don't know  whether it is technically possible ,
maybe something like this?

Algorithm: the most energysaving
Money Supply now: 110 000 000
Max money Supply: unlimited
Each hour 1000 ENRG  will be sent out to wallets that have been online for the past hour. (if 10 wallets are online, every wallet will receive 100 ENRG)
ENRG supply year: 1000*24*365=8 760 000

Clear! I think it is also more fair . Reward is limited to 1000 ENRG regardless of how many coins you have.
If this is posible I vote for this.
It is good for the network .

Holding coins only for getting more?
What if you have more coins with less value?
The value is important not the quantity?
As I said:
The idea behind this distribution is to involve more people in Energycoin --> more ideas, more help to devlope the coin/project.
The more people involved, more likely to succeed your project --> possibly more value.

More opinions about this?
curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:45:16 AM

Very bad idea

Pos network need coins to stake to be secure

If you dont pay the stake, even if I keep my coins, why would I let them on hot wallet if there's no reward

So security of the network will tend to reach 0, you don't want that

Is it technically not possible  to do something like this?

Algorithm: most energysaving
Money Supply now: 110 000 000
Max money Supply: unlimited
Block reward: Each hour 1000 ENRG  will be sent out to wallets that have been online for the past hour. (if 10 wallets are online, every wallet will receive 100 ENRG)
ENRG supply year: 1000*24*365=8 760 000
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:15:22 PM

Very bad idea

Pos network need coins to stake to be secure

If you dont pay the stake, even if I keep my coins, why would I let them on hot wallet if there's no reward

So security of the network will tend to reach 0, you don't want that

Technically we already have a min/max with the current stake... with the maximum being however much you can earn in 30 days. Setting a cap on overall coins has a negative effect. Let's say I'd stake 800 if the system would let me, but it's capped at 300 coins. I'd just load two more wallets (pi or elsewhere) and split my coins into 1/3s. Now I can still get all I'm entitled to. Basically the change would only hurt legitimate people that want to run a single wallet.

I think I have to follow the senior members into this discussion.
Some extra reward for keep your wallet online I support but in combination with POS as we have now.
Is it maybe posible to introduce in lottery and each day we give 1000 ENRG to random online wallet?

Harcon

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:55:36 PM

I don't want to get in the way of the current topic but would it not also enhance the value and usability of the coin to try and get some circulation going? I mean buying them from an exchange is ok, but i would welcome an easier way to earn some Energy as well. any idea that has the potential for people to actually do something constructive to earn the coin would enhance it's value and get it into more people's hands.

Energy: eKVg45HYAJub6A363RqamsGJC33eeqAgyb
Nubits:  BGizWdeqr3UEcfficsFnwY9DZu2kLBNVVS
Bitcoin: 1KZcY8hLv1F2Rpgo3QYSpYwd3hhXCwZzBN
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:31:32 PM

I don't want to get in the way of the current topic but would it not also enhance the value and usability of the coin to try and get some circulation going? I mean buying them from an exchange is ok, but i would welcome an easier way to earn some Energy as well. any idea that has the potential for people to actually do something constructive to earn the coin would enhance it's value and get it into more people's hands.

I'd like to see a tipbot on twitter... It is always good for coins if I can hand them out Smiley

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:06:52 PM

I'd like to see a tipbot on twitter... It is always good for coins if I can hand them out Smiley
Or tipbot on our IRC. Now it a desert there.
I had also an offer of the human pouches
Check: http://energycoin.pw/forum/index.php/topic/280-las-vegas-crypto-coin-and-business-promotion/
Then people visiting Las Vegas get paper wallets and can spent them and maybe go use our coin.
I think the exchange rate is now to low for such promotion but we can consider.

I work also on citizen participation projects but it takes time to find the right opportunity.

I like the idea of a kind of lottery application for wallet online.
But then you have to buy tickets and each hour or daily random payout if your wallet is online.
Who can build that?

I have so many idea's but I need people and technical support to implement.
I can also support with ENRG donation if needed.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:29:57 AM

Check: http://energycoin.pw/forum/index.php/topic/280-las-vegas-crypto-coin-and-business-promotion/
Then people visiting Las Vegas get paper wallets and can spent them and maybe go use our coin.

I work also on citizen participation projects but it takes time to find the right opportunity.

But then you have to buy tickets and each hour or daily random payout if your wallet is online.
Who can build that?

I like the idea of a lottery-type system. I think it would be a great implementation, as long as it doesn't kill the current PoS system.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 07:13:31 AM

Who can build that?

I like the idea of a lottery-type system. I think it would be a great implementation, as long as it doesn't kill the current PoS system.

Ok thank you Ranlo! I go see how we can build that. Maybe we need external expertise.
If others who read this and can offer help or sugestion how to build then feel free to post.

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:06:50 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 10:54:09 PM by vegasguy

You guys might want to take a hard look at goldpieces coin, and use it as a model. Its BRILLIANT. Its kind of hard to explain, but Ill do my best. See, the hot trend now is ultra high pos coins. Its all the rage. The problem with it, is inflation. A coin that has 500% pos and a min stake age of 24 hour min, will, in a very short time self implode due to inflation, and become worthless. Goldpieces coin found a VERY clever way around promoting and giving 500% apr stake reward per year, and it truly is 500%, but in a strange kind of way , and it has single digit inflation. Coins retain their value when there are less of them, and vice versa. What goldpieces coin did was put the max reward of 2.5 coins per 100 coin block using coin cointrol. So 2.5 was the cap. The dev promoted this as 500% apr reward, and this was true. The catch was to get this rate, you had to put your coins in blocks of 100. The wallet would actually pay LESS if large blocks were made. For example blocks of 1000 would create .6 coin, and split, then the two blocks of 500 would split and reward .8 coin each, and the reward would go up to a max of 2.5 when blocks of 100 were split. The dev knew 90% of people were not going to sit every 24 hours and break up a massive wallet of 100,000 coins into blocks of 100, so inflation is minimal and value remains high, and new investors are flocking daily. So the goldpiecescoin is very valuable at around 4500-5000 sat each, and price is stable, and has not gone down, and inflation is probably less than  10%, at the same time attracting new investors, and if you read goldpieces coin, everyone loves it, I know, Im at the top of the richlist. So, just some ideas, you could look at the source code and use this as a model. There needs to be a reason to attract new investors, and high pos is all the rage right now. Im heavily invested in all of them. The biggest issue I see, is this coin is horribly inflated, and Im affraid to say that with 110 Million coins, its near impossible to raise the price. Perhaps create Energycoin 2 , and do a 1000:1 swap to reduce inflation and coin count, thus raising the value of the coin as Energy2 is released. I do like energy, I picked it 600k of them cheap at 24 sat. Everything works very well, it just needs some good pr work, and marketing, and an inflation fix.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
energycr (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:07:25 PM

You guys might want to take a hard look at goldpieces coin, and use it as a model. Its BRILLIANT. Its kind of hard to explain, but Ill do my best. See, the hot trend now is ultra high pos coins. Its all the rage. The problem with it, is inflation. A coin that has 500% pos and a----------------------------------------------------------------

Vegas

Honestly, 10% stake is not a lot. Number of coins is quite irrelevant. e.g Doge. Which has much higher inflation rate. What are we giving for POS is just 10%. Even that will decrease with each passing year. And the total amount of coins has no affect on coin's price other than it being in satoshis.

Even if there is only one coin per block, and max 100 coins. Price would have reach $500 each. then it would change nothing as to how coin works, and how valuable it is.
I would like to hear more of ideas. However this is not a good idea.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:21:17 PM

You guys might want to take a hard look at goldpieces coin, and use it as a model. Its BRILLIANT. Its kind of hard to explain, but Ill do my best. See, the hot trend now is ultra high pos coins. Its all the rage. The problem with it, is inflation. A coin that has 500% pos and a----------------------------------------------------------------

Vegas

Honestly, 10% stake is not a lot. Number of coins is quite irrelevant. e.g Doge. Which has much higher inflation rate. What are we giving for POS is just 10%. Even that will decrease with each passing year. And the total amount of coins has no affect on coin's price other than it being in satoshis.

Even if there is only one coin per block, and max 100 coins. Price would have reach $500 each. then it would change nothing as to how coin works, and how valuable it is.

This. People need to quit trying to push the idea that the number of coins matters. It doesn't. Utility and intrinsic value are what matter. No more and no less.

Lovethecoins

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:44:40 PM

Vegas

This. People need to quit trying to push the idea that the number of coins matters. It doesn't. Utility and intrinsic value are what matter. No more and no less.

I agree here look at digibyte 80satoshi or dogecoin 60satoshi.. BILLIONS of coins... We will never see that many! Also look at coins like 42.. They have under 1 coin available and it is doing them no favors Smiley

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 08:22:54 AM

Hi all,

Since today I have only 3 connections, usealy I have 6-7 connections on my Windows 1.2 wallet.
On my PI I have 11 connections and I post the peerinfo now:
Code:
getpeerinfo

07:48:07

[
{
"addr" : "178.62.243.146:22706",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1423640815,
"lastrecv" : 1423640838,
"conntime" : 1423166202,
"version" : 70002,
"subver" : "/EnergyCoin:1.1.3/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 888253,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "5.250.177.28:56998",
"lastsend" : 1423640836,
"lastrecv" : 1423640840,
"conntime" : 1423166232,
"inbound" : true,
"startingheight" : 888253,
},
{
"addr" : "212.47.228.217:22706",
"lastsend" : 1423640840,
"conntime" : 1423166260,
"startingheight" : 888255,
},
{
"addr" : "95.92.92.237:57799",
"lastsend" : 1423640841,
"conntime" : 1423174634,
"startingheight" : 888580,
},
{
"addr" : "213.155.254.2:7265",
"lastsend" : 1423640842,
"lastrecv" : 1423640839,
"conntime" : 1423192000,
"startingheight" : 889187,
},
{
"addr" : "59.147.36.164:54387",
"lastsend" : 1423640843,
"lastrecv" : 1423640839,
"conntime" : 1423197402,
"startingheight" : 889367,
},
{
"addr" : "66.131.233.101:42800",
"lastsend" : 1423640843,
"conntime" : 1423527297,
"startingheight" : 901077,
},
{
"addr" : "68.96.191.5:51995",
"lastsend" : 1423640844,
"conntime" : 1423591582,
"startingheight" : 903399,
},
{
"addr" : "75.159.65.202:64490",
"lastsend" : 1423640845,
"conntime" : 1423626786,
"startingheight" : 841936,
},
{
"addr" : "104.245.145.122:54970",
"lastsend" : 1423640846,
"conntime" : 1423630665,
"startingheight" : 904775,
},
{
"addr" : "70.65.153.178:60771",
"lastsend" : 1423640847,
"conntime" : 1423636437,
"startingheight" : 904996,
}
]

What is strange all the peers are EnergyCoin:1.1.3 and the newest version is EnergyCoin:1.2 so it seems that the new wallet has problems to connect to peers or is not very populair. The first 3 nodes are the nodes of my EnergyCoin Windows wallet.

Question: I need an update of Energycoin.conf with fresh nodes from windows EnergyCoin:1.2 wallet and can someone post peerinfo if you have much more connections then I have now?

Thanks and other sugestions are welcome.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 02:36:16 PM

Hello, I d'ont have hands on my PI now, but will try to post peers sometime

Can you check that your port is still forwarded to the pi and nothing have changed ? (dynamic IP of the pi or things like that)
The number of connections for the PI is ok but for windows wallet it is very minimum number.

waecrum

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:49:54 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 03:05:34 PM by waecrum

Hi, my Pi wallet have 23 connections.
here is the list:
Code:
energycoind getpeerinfo
[
    {
        "lastsend" : 1423665622,
        "lastrecv" : 1423665623,
        "conntime" : 1422998474,
        "startingheight" : 882295,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "5.250.177.28:22706",
        "lastsend" : 1423665623,
        "conntime" : 1422998498,
        "startingheight" : 882296,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "213.155.254.2:27095",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665622,
        "conntime" : 1422999215,
        "startingheight" : 882319,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "59.147.36.164:63630",
        "conntime" : 1422999666,
        "startingheight" : 882336,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "95.92.92.237:54427",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665614,
        "conntime" : 1423005957,
        "startingheight" : 882555,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "90.182.204.175:49316",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665609,
        "conntime" : 1423046337,
        "startingheight" : 883982,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "213.46.197.237:55791",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665434,
        "subver" : "/EnergyCoin:1.1.2/",
        "startingheight" : 886839,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "66.131.233.101:46292",
        "conntime" : 1423527146,
        "startingheight" : 901052,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "76.186.62.198:50095",
        "conntime" : 1423593965,
        "startingheight" : 903485,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "93.106.233.254:49552",
        "conntime" : 1423596412,
        "startingheight" : 827731,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "178.251.182.139:49818",
        "conntime" : 1423598911,
        "startingheight" : 903667,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "93.211.226.54:49429",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665600,
        "conntime" : 1423612555,
        "startingheight" : 904145,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "104.245.146.190:54978",
        "conntime" : 1423630666,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "172.56.7.122:44760",
        "conntime" : 1423635543,
        "startingheight" : 904157,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "79.168.36.237:58837",
        "conntime" : 1423636294,
        "startingheight" : 904600,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "82.66.55.40:57275",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665613,
        "conntime" : 1423638113,
        "startingheight" : 905055,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "137.224.252.10:19095",
        "conntime" : 1423643491,
        "startingheight" : 905135,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "125.25.143.84:13779",
        "lastsend" : 1423665621,
        "conntime" : 1423656947,
        "startingheight" : 900053,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "80.101.29.96:50509",
        "conntime" : 1423660987,
        "startingheight" : 905455,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "213.46.197.237:50242",
        "conntime" : 1423662354,
        "startingheight" : 905560,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "70.65.153.178:58408",
        "conntime" : 1423662483,
        "startingheight" : 905945,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "94.174.0.228:54139",
        "lastrecv" : 1423665620,
        "conntime" : 1423663663,
        "startingheight" : 905910,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "83.82.194.31:52140",
        "conntime" : 1423664440,
        "startingheight" : 27,
    }
]

+my address: 212.47.228.217

If you have a low number of connection and you see your address in this list with inbound = true, then it means you haven't open your firewall.
Hope this help.

Edit: I use the last source on github and it says "subver : /EnergyCoin:1.1.3/" in my getinfo. So i think EnergyCoin:1.1.3 is in fact EnergyCoin:1.2. It's just one line in the code who is not updated.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 04:26:52 PM

here is the list:
Code:
energycoind getpeerinfo
[
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    }
]

If you have a low number of connection and you see your address in this list with inbound = true, then it means you haven't open your firewall.
Hope this help.

Edit: I use the last source on github and it says "subver : /EnergyCoin:1.1.3/" in my getinfo. So i think EnergyCoin:1.1.3 is in fact EnergyCoin:1.2. It's just one line in the code who is not updated.

Thx it is " inbound = true" so have to figure out how to open.

waecrum

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:06:10 PM

here is the list:
Code:
energycoind getpeerinfo
[
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    },
    {
    }
]

Hope this help.

Thx it is " inbound = true" so have to figure out how to open.

It's pretty simple, you just need to create a file EnergyCoin.conf in your wallet directory and add these lines in it :
port=22706 #(you can use another port if you want)
rpcport=22700
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

Then open port 22706 in your computer firewall (if you have one) and most important make a port forwarding from your ISP modem port 22706 to your computer port 22706.

Lovethecoins

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

very few sellers left... I see a jump coming  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: