Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:01:11 AM

What myself and others are saying is we understand that the devs don't want to promote NODE just yet, but why are the hundreds of millions of NODE that the devs own not being put to use to help with other things, including business development, coding, website improvements, etc?  Why are those that volunteered not being replied to?  I gave some Twitter tips and volunteered to help 5-10 hours a week with social media...no response!  Even if the answer is "no", why not give some kind of response?  Is 520 hours a year of free labor not important to you? Someone else offered to redo the website, since it is riddled with broken links and has sub-par design and navigation.  No response. There was also another guy some pages back that offered to give them a brand new logo 100% free of charge.  No response.

Go take a look at the FRESHcoin thread.  The dev did the exact same thing there; ignored those trying to help.  He got offers to have the entire business and marketing plan done for him, professional new logo, promotional materials, and professionally done promotional video.  By ignoring them, he got NOTHING.  These services cost thousands of dollars.  Where is the logic in this?  For what reason would you not want to answer an email from someone giving you everything on a silver platter?  You're busy, I understand.  But do you expect those people to just wait around for a month until you're ready to talk to them?  Guess what, they're busy too, and before long they will move on themselves.

I still own a lot of NODE and believe that it has a chance in the long term, but the devs need BALANCE in their efforts.  It can't be 99% working on code, .5% marketing, .5% business development.  That is a recipe for disaster.  If you do not stay relevant, the best product in the world can't save you because by the time it is finished everyone has forgotten about you.

the dev may also have discouraged
so,if the dev wan't to manage this coin anymore ,just sell to the people who want to manage and develop
TheRealSilk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:44:44 AM

What myself and others are saying is we understand that the devs don't want to promote NODE just yet, but why are the hundreds of millions of NODE that the devs own not being put to use to help with other things, including business development, coding, website improvements, etc?  Why are those that volunteered not being replied to?  I gave some Twitter tips and volunteered to help 5-10 hours a week with social media...no response!  Even if the answer is "no", why not give some kind of response?  Is 520 hours a year of free labor not important to you? Someone else offered to redo the website, since it is riddled with broken links and has sub-par design and navigation.  No response. There was also another guy some pages back that offered to give them a brand new logo 100% free of charge.  No response.

Go take a look at the FRESHcoin thread.  The dev did the exact same thing there; ignored those trying to help.  He got offers to have the entire business and marketing plan done for him, professional new logo, promotional materials, and professionally done promotional video.  By ignoring them, he got NOTHING.  These services cost thousands of dollars.  Where is the logic in this?  For what reason would you not want to answer an email from someone giving you everything on a silver platter?  You're busy, I understand.  But do you expect those people to just wait around for a month until you're ready to talk to them?  Guess what, they're busy too, and before long they will move on themselves.

I still own a lot of NODE and believe that it has a chance in the long term, but the devs need BALANCE in their efforts.  It can't be 99% working on code, .5% marketing, .5% business development.  That is a recipe for disaster.  If you do not stay relevant, the best product in the world can't save you because by the time it is finished everyone has forgotten about you.

Yes, we want to start marketing and are ready to provide users give the initiative, if most of You agree the promotion of coins before we're finished POA, then we can start soon

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇
    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

Look at NxT - that had so many problems in the beginning (much more than NODE) and it hit a peak capitalization around $80 million a few months after launch.

Easy, node will be bigger than NXT don't worry. If devs need time to do it properly let's give them time. No rush. This is long term investment not a quick money.
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:05:15 AM

Look at NxT - that had so many problems in the beginning (much more than NODE) and it hit a peak capitalization around $80 million a few months after launch.

Easy, node will be bigger than NXT don't worry. If devs need time to do it properly let's give them time. No rush. This is long term investment not a quick money.

LOL, are u guys high or what? Those days are gone and there is no way that NODE could reach a 80$ million marketcap in just a few weeks like NXT did.

NODE could be pumped up to the couple of million marketcap, but thats a very unlikely scenario. More realistic version would be small surge upwards and then slow decline like almost all the other coins.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
dawj20

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:06:48 AM

LOL, are u guys high or what? Those days are gone and there is no way that NODE could reach a 80$ million market at just few weeks like NXT did.

NODE could be pumped to the couple of million marketcap, but thats a unlikely scenario. More realistic version would be small surge upwards and then slow decline like almost all the other coins.

And what is your prediction for NEM?
Simakki

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:10:30 AM

LOL, are u guys high or what? Those days are gone and there is no way that NODE could reach a 80$ million market at just few weeks like NXT did.

NODE could be pumped to the couple of million marketcap, but thats a unlikely scenario. More realistic version would be small surge upwards and then slow decline like almost all the other coins.

And what is your prediction for NEM?

NEM has way bigger community than NODE. I have stake in both, but NEM seems to be far more seriously developed project than NODE. I believe that NEM has more changes to achieve 5-15 place in cmc at the launch.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:11:28 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 09:31:33 AM by TaunSew

LOL, are u guys high or what? Those days are gone and there is no way that NODE could reach a 80$ million marketcap in just a few weeks like NXT did.

NODE could be pumped up to the couple of million marketcap, but thats a very unlikely scenario. More realistic version would be small surge upwards and then slow decline like almost all the other coins.

Yet they seem to think that if NODE falls to a five digit capitalization then they can somehow pull themselves out of that grave.  

Reality is nobody wants to buy a coin they perceive is losing value.  Nobody wants to be the loser / bagholder, they want to buy something they perceive will go up in value and make them rich - you may not like that truth but that is what it is

Really releasing NODE this soon was a mistake.  No mechanism (foraging is random), half the buttons on the website don't work and zero promotion.  This PoA crap probably won't be out until 2015.  Just stick to the pure PoS that you promised for months, fix the frigging website and promote - that easy.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
pawlo74

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:35:07 AM

Sorry guys but all of those who rushing are not real supporters of Node. They are traders looking for easy profit than dump and jump on other project.
I've seen that scenario many times.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:38:14 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 10:14:05 AM by TaunSew

Sorry guys but all of those who rushing are not real supporters of Node. They are traders looking for easy profit than dump and jump on other project.

Ad hominem logical fallacy - attack the critics, not their criticisms.   With that attitude then yes people will dump and jump onto other projects but not because they are traders but rather because the NODE community is full of delirious fan boys defending what are amateur developers who can't prioritize the necessities.

Stop screwing with this PoA rip off on NEM and Crypti, deliver on what you promised (pure PoS), fix the website and promote - that's an easy list of things to do, afterwards you can work on integrating BTC / USD / EUR.  If you want to do PoA then it can come in 2015 or 2016, not right now when NODE could fall to a 5 digit capitalization due to neglect.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:40:55 AM

node devs are doing well. keep up the good work.  NODE is unique due to payment network support and USD and BTC integration.  This will give NODE similar growth spurt like NXT.

NFD also has quite good devs, client is solid and up to date with NXT.  Just now lacks innovations ATM.  however very cheap to acquire right now, and I can see new dev come along make new features and then price exploded. thesis: accumulate leverage cheap when projects are in infancy.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:47:05 AM

sometimes i wonder if people like a slow, steady and solid dev team or someone who claims to deliver the impossible and doesnt do so in the end.

what do you guys think how long development takes, let alone testing, bug fixes etc. ?

how should a dev team pump out new features every 2 days? get real, seriously...
TaunSew

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:52:50 AM

sometimes i wonder if people like a slow, steady and solid dev team or someone who claims to deliver the impossible and doesnt do so in the end.

what do you guys think how long development takes, let alone testing, bug fixes etc. ?

how should a dev team pump out new features every 2 days? get real, seriously...

Pure PoS is a lot quicker to implement than PoA.  NEM and Crypti has been tweaking their algorithms for many months.

I would rather see priority placed on fixing the website, the payment processor aspects like integrating BTC / USD / EUR and promotion.

pawlo74

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:21:18 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 10:34:58 AM by pawlo74

Ad hominem logical fallacy - attack the critics, not their criticisms.   With that attitude then yes people will dump and jump onto other projects but not because they are traders but rather because the NODE community is full of delirious fan boys defending what are amateur developers who can't prioritize the necessities.

Stop screwing with this PoA rip off on NEM and Crypti, deliver on what you promised (pure PoS), fix the website and promote - that's an easy list of things to do, afterwards you can work on integrating BTC / USD / EUR.  If you want to do PoA then it can come in 2015 or 2016, not right now when NODE could fall to a 5 digit capitalization due to neglect.

OK. If for any reason you don't want or can't wait, please do me a favour and sell your coins and stop nagging. I'll be happy to buy cheap coins. Thank you. I'm done.
whitecloud

Activity: 450

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:24:33 AM

So there are things that we must have patience (core development) and there are things that can be done fast and free, whithout money (a type of marketing, site, logo, etc).
For this second type of things: required a certain organization and a specific type of collaboration with developers.
It's not the pump and dump. I personally have patience. Smiley
dawj20

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:41:12 PM

Yes, we want to start marketing and are ready to provide users give the initiative, if most of You agree the promotion of coins before we're finished POA, then we can start soon

If people are offering to promote NODE, it certainly won't hurt anything to let them. Use the community to your advantage.

P.S. But I'd still continue on with developing the coin as you are currently doing. I think you're doing a good job thus far.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1698
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:53:48 PM

PLZ, do not feed the whales!!

You have no power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
Simakki

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 01:56:11 PM

Someone just messin with NODE, buying his on stakes etc.

Check out Betsikingi
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1698
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:10:12 PM

Someone just messin with NODE, buying his on stakes etc.
Today and yesterday were bought more than 30M thereby

You have no power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
GreenDude

Activity: 531

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:21:56 PM

TheRealSilk, I think you should take all the opportunities and offers you get privately. IF this Poa is gonna take longer than 2 weeks then you could just release the linux client, add another exchange and give an estimation of when poa will be implemented. This would create expectation.. And time to time give an update about how is progress going. Meanwhile marketing should be done and we could start playing with the good idea fund and maybe we should make a contest about logos, websites, forum, etc.. I could make a forum for spanish speakers, italian speakers. This project needs to have a dynamic where everyday people can check what is happening with logo, website, forum, small giveaways, etc.. I'm the same like you.. I don't want to deliver anything until is completely done and working like a charm.. but in this cases u need to keep people's expectations on all the time. They need to feel like they are part of this.. otherwise enthusiasm wont be the same. To feel like we ONLY wait without participating is not cool.
In hands of someone expert in marketing/seo this time could have been creating expectations and interest and make people actively participate and not making people lose patience, become angry and complain.
BestofSR

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

Hey, Greendude, wouldnt you take on positon of marketer, seems like you care about NODE alot, motivated people from community, is just what NODE needs. If you would become something like ambasador, than you could actively help materialize all your ideas... I dont feel like devs are gonna change their behaviour anytime soon. They have their style of communication and it is not optimal.

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VqdA2ZZWSTn6UCfCHyDjmTuA3WeToPPa9k
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: