Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901801 times)
BTCrawl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:04:59 PM

This issue has been raised in the past few days, but not really addressed in detail.  There are two major events going right now, the POS and the fight.  One event is important to the altcoin enthusiasts who have a deep understanding of how these systems work, the other event is an attempt to introduce NAUT to a group of people who probably don't know the first thing about BTC, let alone altcoins. 

For me, these events are completely unrelated and should be treated as such.  The POS will strengthen our hand with altcoin savvy people, and will hopefully lead to some buying of NAUT from within the altcoin community. 

However, MMA fans who will be watching the fight have no interest in the technical aspects of NAUT, and we would be wasting our breath trying to explain why POS is a big deal.  The issues must remain separate.  The exposure we will get from the fight will be relatively useless unless we can develop a mechanism for bringing those people into the fold (i.e. having them purchase NAUT).  I would argue that the overwhelming majority of them would not be willing/able to take all the steps currently needed to purchase NAUT (I can only assume the police station idea was made in jest).  This needs to be a major focus.  If NAUT can be the coin that becomes readily available to the masses, it becomes a real winner.  It was brought up in a previous post - it needs to be a few clicks and a credit card away.

People seem very certain that the exposure from this fight will have a huge and immediate effect on the price of the coin.  While I own a bunch of NAUT and will be a long term holder, I do not necessarily buy this line of thinking.  We need to make it easy for some guy sitting on his couch to own NAUT - directing him to a website that focuses on technical issues like POS, Digishield, etc., and making him go through multiple steps over the course of 4-5 days makes it extremely unlikely that this person will ever own NAUT. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic, as I am new to the altcoin community and am trying to approach this in a practical, business-centric sense.  The more people that pour money into NAUT, the more the currency appreciates, let's make it easier for this to happen!

BK - I would love to get your take on this issue

How about verified ebay sellers as an option for these people. It can be done quite easily with minimal extra cost if customers are directed to sellers.

The ebay idea is thinking about it on the right scale.  Bartering may be the easiest and fastest solution for some people, but it's not scalable.  We're trying to get NAUT to hundreds of thousands of people.  The new people that we need to attract to NAUT don't have friends they can barter with.  They aren't going to setup a craiglist deal in a parking lot.  IMO, we'd be better off telling people to give us their email and we'll let them know when NAUT is available to be purchased easily than turning them off completely by sending them on some 10 step journey.  If people get to the site with the intent to buy and leave thinking it's way too complicated, we're worse off than we started. 

Moolah.io has been talking about a direct to fiat platform, that will work similar to Coinbase. That will probably be the easiest way by far, especially if they can include the option to pay with a credit\debitcard.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:14:02 PM

Good luck with your coin!

I removed your link from your post. Spamming the thread is not cool.
kimosabe79

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:16:50 PM

This issue has been raised in the past few days, but not really addressed in detail.  There are two major events going right now, the POS and the fight.  One event is important to the altcoin enthusiasts who have a deep understanding of how these systems work, the other event is an attempt to introduce NAUT to a group of people who probably don't know the first thing about BTC, let alone altcoins. 

For me, these events are completely unrelated and should be treated as such.  The POS will strengthen our hand with altcoin savvy people, and will hopefully lead to some buying of NAUT from within the altcoin community. 

However, MMA fans who will be watching the fight have no interest in the technical aspects of NAUT, and we would be wasting our breath trying to explain why POS is a big deal.  The issues must remain separate.  The exposure we will get from the fight will be relatively useless unless we can develop a mechanism for bringing those people into the fold (i.e. having them purchase NAUT).  I would argue that the overwhelming majority of them would not be willing/able to take all the steps currently needed to purchase NAUT (I can only assume the police station idea was made in jest).  This needs to be a major focus.  If NAUT can be the coin that becomes readily available to the masses, it becomes a real winner.  It was brought up in a previous post - it needs to be a few clicks and a credit card away.

People seem very certain that the exposure from this fight will have a huge and immediate effect on the price of the coin.  While I own a bunch of NAUT and will be a long term holder, I do not necessarily buy this line of thinking.  We need to make it easy for some guy sitting on his couch to own NAUT - directing him to a website that focuses on technical issues like POS, Digishield, etc., and making him go through multiple steps over the course of 4-5 days makes it extremely unlikely that this person will ever own NAUT. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic, as I am new to the altcoin community and am trying to approach this in a practical, business-centric sense.  The more people that pour money into NAUT, the more the currency appreciates, let's make it easier for this to happen!

How about verified ebay sellers as an option for these people. It can be done quite easily with minimal extra cost if customers are directed to sellers.

The ebay idea is thinking about it on the right scale.  Bartering may be the easiest and fastest solution for some people, but it's not scalable.  We're trying to get NAUT to hundreds of thousands of people.  The new people that we need to attract to NAUT don't have friends they can barter with.  They aren't going to setup a craiglist deal in a parking lot.  IMO, we'd be better off telling people to give us their email and we'll let them know when NAUT is available to be purchased easily than turning them off completely by sending them on some 10 step journey.  If people get to the site with the intent to buy and leave thinking it's way too complicated, we're worse off than we started. 

Thinkin outside the box here...would it be too crazy to have people come to the site, see a "get your Naut-y now" button.  They click it and it takes them to a page where they purchase a Nautilus t-shirt.  With the Nautilus shirt purchase they get, say, 50 "free" NAUT coins.  Now, I know you techy guys are thinking I'm a G-D moron.  Patience.  Im new to this shite! 
Wouldn't this eliminate the rule/law/infrastructure limiting people from buying NAUT direct with money?  If so, would a voucher for said "free" coins upon tshirt purchase make sense or be allowed?  Maybe, upon purchase of the tshirt the buyer has to register an account with MintPal, etc.  So the steps would be...
They buy their shirt and get a voucher.  Then, register an account at an exchange and type in their voucher (basically the voucher is a public wallet receive address) which "pings" Nautilus who then sends them the coins.
Too crazy?  Too complicated?  I like that it's scalable, provides additional exposure to the brand/product with t-shirt sales, and gets some "average-joes" (like my boy mjh712) easy access to the coin and alt-coin universe.     
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:20:14 PM

Thinkin outside the box here...would it be too crazy to have people come to the site, see a "get your Naut-y now" button.  They click it and it takes them to a page where they purchase a Nautilus t-shirt.  With the Nautilus shirt purchase they get, say, 50 "free" NAUT coins.  Now, I know you techy guys are thinking I'm a G-D moron.  Patience.  Im new to this shite! 
Wouldn't this eliminate the rule/law/infrastructure limiting people from buying NAUT direct with money?  If so, would a voucher for said "free" coins upon tshirt purchase make sense or be allowed?  Maybe, upon purchase of the tshirt the buyer has to register an account with MintPal, etc.  So the steps would be...
They buy their shirt and get a voucher.  Then, register an account at an exchange and type in their voucher (basically the voucher is a public wallet receive address) which "pings" Nautilus who then sends them the coins.
Too crazy?  Too complicated?  I like that it's scalable, provides additional exposure to the brand/product with t-shirt sales, and gets some "average-joes" (like my boy mjh712) easy access to the coin and alt-coin universe.     

It's perfectly doable. As long as there is a wallet with the coins available. I could be something built into a faucet, "enter voucher number" which sends them X NAUT based on the voucher.

This is similar to what I suggested previously, where rather than getting vendors to "take" NAUT get them to use it as a marketing tool. Giving away naut for purchases, sort of like a "cash back" thing.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

That's a brilliant idea:)
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:23:29 PM

Moolah.io has been talking about a direct to fiat platform, that will work similar to Coinbase. That will probably be the easiest way by far, especially if they can include the option to pay with a credit\debitcard.

I hope moolah registration takes a day or so and not weeks.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:36:42 PM

Has anybody finished the due diligence (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence) at Moolah.io to see if you can buy NAUT for Fiat directly there yet?

Their due diligence makes sense from a business stand point trying to cover it's own liability.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:37:01 PM

I like how you think! Smiley Maybe it will even be possible to set it up so that you can purchase the Nautiluscoin shirts either with Naut or with fiat. If you pay with fiat you will also get say 50 Naut sent to an address of your choice? That would be extremely easy to implement. I get that BK and his company can't sell Naut directly just yet as it has to be registered as an exchange and so on, but including a small amount of Naut in every purchase shouldn't pose any legal issues as far as I understand it.
Doging

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:40:51 PM

Has anybody finished the due diligence (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence) at Moolah.io to see if you can buy NAUT for Fiat directly there yet?

Their due diligence makes sense from a business stand point trying to cover it's own liability.

Someone should try. I would but I can't until my passport arrives.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

This issue has been raised in the past few days, but not really addressed in detail.  There are two major events going right now, the POS and the fight.  One event is important to the altcoin enthusiasts who have a deep understanding of how these systems work, the other event is an attempt to introduce NAUT to a group of people who probably don't know the first thing about BTC, let alone altcoins.  

For me, these events are completely unrelated and should be treated as such.  The POS will strengthen our hand with altcoin savvy people, and will hopefully lead to some buying of NAUT from within the altcoin community.  

However, MMA fans who will be watching the fight have no interest in the technical aspects of NAUT, and we would be wasting our breath trying to explain why POS is a big deal.  The issues must remain separate.  The exposure we will get from the fight will be relatively useless unless we can develop a mechanism for bringing those people into the fold (i.e. having them purchase NAUT).  I would argue that the overwhelming majority of them would not be willing/able to take all the steps currently needed to purchase NAUT (I can only assume the police station idea was made in jest).  This needs to be a major focus.  If NAUT can be the coin that becomes readily available to the masses, it becomes a real winner.  It was brought up in a previous post - it needs to be a few clicks and a credit card away.

People seem very certain that the exposure from this fight will have a huge and immediate effect on the price of the coin.  While I own a bunch of NAUT and will be a long term holder, I do not necessarily buy this line of thinking.  We need to make it easy for some guy sitting on his couch to own NAUT - directing him to a website that focuses on technical issues like POS, Digishield, etc., and making him go through multiple steps over the course of 4-5 days makes it extremely unlikely that this person will ever own NAUT.  

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic, as I am new to the altcoin community and am trying to approach this in a practical, business-centric sense.  The more people that pour money into NAUT, the more the currency appreciates, let's make it easier for this to happen!

The ebay idea is thinking about it on the right scale.  Bartering may be the easiest and fastest solution for some people, but it's not scalable.  We're trying to get NAUT to hundreds of thousands of people.  The new people that we need to attract to NAUT don't have friends they can barter with.  They aren't going to setup a craiglist deal in a parking lot.  IMO, we'd be better off telling people to give us their email and we'll let them know when NAUT is available to be purchased easily than turning them off completely by sending them on some 10 step journey.  If people get to the site with the intent to buy and leave thinking it's way too complicated, we're worse off than we started.  

Someone should try. I would but I can't until my passport arrives.

I recently moved so I don't have any new address mailings.

Don't forget to vote!
www.coinwarz.com/voting

jh83

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:48:09 PM

I like how you think! Smiley Maybe it will even be possible to set it up so that you can purchase the Nautiluscoin shirts either with Naut or with fiat. If you pay with fiat you will also get say 50 Naut sent to an address of your choice? That would be extremely easy to implement. I get that BK and his company can't sell Naut directly just yet as it has to be registered as an exchange and so on, but including a small amount of Naut in every purchase shouldn't pose any legal issues as far as I understand it.

Great idea!  I wonder if Jon Fitch has any gear he wants to sell this way too.  Not sure if there's licensing issues with MMA but could be a big opportunity.
mjh712

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

That is a great idea, and more importantly, thinking about the problem in the right way
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:40:19 PM

Nautiluscoin has moved up from #6 to #5 on coinwarz :-)

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

By the time it gets to 1, POW will be over, so they won't be able to add it.
Doging

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

My thoughts exactly.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
cypz

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:19:44 PM

while i agree naut needs to be easier to get from fiat somehow i think you guys are losing site of the fact that naut is not the next bitcoin. ( i dont mean that in a negative sense ).

we need to carve our own niche in this crypto space with Brian kelly capital catering to high net worth individuals and nautilus coin being pitched to wall street investors.

Maybe a good idea is marketing this coin to everyday people as the opportunity to get in before the big money moves into crypto which will eventually happen and getting dividends(staking coins).

we just need more exposure in social media, video sites like youtube, blog posts and articles,How to instructions that are easily read and received also how to videos.

Think Big my fellow nauts

BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

This is a very interesting idea -- I am going to see if we can implement it before the fight, no promises, but I will try.
newra

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:47:21 AM

My thoughts exactly.

I was wondering the same .. if this coin is going POS soon, what is the point of this voting ?
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

My thoughts exactly.

I was wondering the same .. if this coin is going POS soon, what is the point of this voting ?

Recognition. Free advertising, and so on. There's a number of reasons. The more exposure the better.

kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:44:47 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Recognition. Free advertising, and so on. There's a number of reasons. The more exposure the better.

Also, just because you can't mine something, doesn't mean we don't need exchanges to trade on.

The next 24 hours are critical!
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: