Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:23:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209275 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:43:36 PM

Holy Moly! Can you please disable the "Caps lock on" message? It boots me out of video games when I put my caps on and I am running this program on another screen. I was searching for days trying to figure out what program was doing it and it turn out to be this one.

I'm not sure I can do that.  It must be the web browser control that's doing it.

A future version will use the API, perhaps optionally, which I'd imagine will fix your issue.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
sciack

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

Maybe that was a bit harsh Tongue but the cgminer api is readable by default although it is restricted to read only(it initializes using "--api-network"). Using this for management is fine but I would be very careful about the refresh rate especially with S1. I would suggest using the cgminer API for monitoring instead of the html pages it will be much faster.

Speed isn't an issue.  As noted above, the UI to the S1s is slow as well. 

I'm also doubtful the cgminer shows everything the UI shows, such as the status of the Ant chains.

M

It does show that information. The UI simply reads the cgminer API actually so everything you see there can be pulled directly off the cgminer API.

I had a look at the cgminer API.  I also googled antminer API.  The only thing I found is S1s default to 127.0.0.1 only, so you have to change it before you can reach it on the network.  I found zero info on the API that the S1s and S2s use in cgminer.  However I did find lots of people saying they were unable to get the cgminer APIs to provide what they needed, for one reason or another.

do not worry about that, look at CGREMOTE (another nice application for monitoring miners) it works with no problem, just query the miner with IP address and port 4028. Example 192.168.1.99:4028 you can access it by API in read-only.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

Maybe that was a bit harsh Tongue but the cgminer api is readable by default although it is restricted to read only(it initializes using "--api-network"). Using this for management is fine but I would be very careful about the refresh rate especially with S1. I would suggest using the cgminer API for monitoring instead of the html pages it will be much faster.

I'm also doubtful the cgminer shows everything the UI shows, such as the status of the Ant chains.

M

It does show that information. The UI simply reads the cgminer API actually so everything you see there can be pulled directly off the cgminer API.

I had a look at the cgminer API.  I also googled antminer API.  The only thing I found is S1s default to 127.0.0.1 only, so you have to change it before you can reach it on the network.  I found zero info on the API that the S1s and S2s use in cgminer.  However I did find lots of people saying they were unable to get the cgminer APIs to provide what they needed, for one reason or another.

do not worry about that, look at CGREMOTE (another nice application for monitoring miners) it works with no problem, just query the miner with IP address and port 4028. Example 192.168.1.99:4028 you can access it by API in read-only.

Check the code for MultiMiner...it has built-in monitoring for S1 and other devices via API (127.0.0.1:4028)
www.multiminerapp.com

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
sciack

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:36:58 PM

M

Check the code for MultiMiner...it has built-in monitoring for S1 and other devices via API (127.0.0.1:4028)
www.multiminerapp.com

Sorry but I can't find any way to monitor my S1's through the windows application nor the app on my phone...
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:48:04 PM

Speed isn't an issue.  As noted above, the UI to the S1s is slow as well.  

M

I had a look at the cgminer API.  I also googled antminer API.  The only thing I found is S1s default to 127.0.0.1 only, so you have to change it before you can reach it on the network.  I found zero info on the API that the S1s and S2s use in cgminer.  However I did find lots of people saying they were unable to get the cgminer APIs to provide what they needed, for one reason or another.

www.multiminerapp.com

Sorry but I can't find any way to monitor my S1's through the windows application nor the app on my phone...

Gotta setup MultiMiner to run on a PC on your local network. Check the box to "auto detect" network devices...then create an account for a key so the mobile app can sync with the PC running MultiMiner on your miners network.
Here's the thread link on Bitcointalk...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.new;topicseen#new

Just so you all know, I do use M's Ant monitor in conjunction with MultiMiner, I just wanted mdude77 to know that MultiMiner is capable of monitoring the S1's etc. and maybe he could borrow some code from MultiMiner to improve the Ant Monitor Cheesy

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
sciack

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

Speed isn't an issue.  As noted above, the UI to the S1s is slow as well.  

M

I had a look at the cgminer API.  I also googled antminer API.  The only thing I found is S1s default to 127.0.0.1 only, so you have to change it before you can reach it on the network.  I found zero info on the API that the S1s and S2s use in cgminer.  However I did find lots of people saying they were unable to get the cgminer APIs to provide what they needed, for one reason or another.

www.multiminerapp.com

Gotta setup MultiMiner to run on a PC on your local network. Check the box to "auto detect" network devices...then create an account for a key so the mobile app can sync with the PC running MultiMiner on your miners network.
Here's the thread link on Bitcointalk...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.new;topicseen#new

Just so you all know, I do use M's Ant monitor in conjunction with MultiMiner, I just wanted mdude77 to know that MultiMiner is capable of monitoring the S1's etc. and maybe he could borrow some code from MultiMiner to improve the Ant Monitor Cheesy

I did all that, but no AntMiner's detected so far...anyway I will look at the forum thanks..
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

Thanks, I'm aware of it already, and I've started on the code.  It's a matter of having the time to be able to finish it.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:06:10 AM

Thanks, I'm aware of it already, and I've started on the code.  It's a matter of having the time to be able to finish it.

M

Indeed. No rush yo, 1.5 works great. If you need help testing, lemme know, I'd be happy to beta test.

*Got LootCrate?*
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:39:57 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 01:58:48 AM by mdude77

I just published version 1.6.

v1.6
- Added the ability to use the cgminer API instead of the webbrowser control.  Notes:
   - This option is now default for new users.  
   - By default this will only work if your Ants are on the same subnet (eg 192.168.0.x) as your machine, or if you're reconfigured your Ants to allow API access outside of your subnet.
   - Rebooting your Ants doesn't work when using the API.  At some point in the future I may add SSH support to be able to reboot via SSH.
   - Web browser fuctionality is still there and can be used if desired.  At the moment the only reason why I see you'd want to do this is to access Ants outside of your internal network.
   - Scanning for Ants still uses browser logic.  I intend to change that in a future version.
- Added a Reject % and Stale % column.  This is only visible when using the API.
- Added a HFan (high fan) column.  Shows only the highest fan speed.
- Added a HTemp (high temp) column.  Shows only the highest temp.
- Added an XCount column.  This is the total number of Xs or dashes you have across all your chains.
- Removed the browser tabs.
- Added the ability to abort the scan for Ants.

Hopefully now that it's using the cgminer API it'll work for all users.  

Next version I intend to start adding the notification functionality if a specified value passes a specified threshold.

Download link:
http://www.mdude.org/MAntMonitor18.zip

M

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 06:12:58 PM by mstrongbow

Awesome! Thanks mate. Installing momentarily.

I will report back any issues asap

Edit: Looks great so far! Only things I noticed that might could use changing were the Fans and Temps columns were a little too wide. Otherwise awesome!

*Got LootCrate?*
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

Edit: Looks great so far! Only things I noticed that might could use changing were the Fans and Temps columns were a little too wide. Otherwise awesome!

It'll allow you to resize them, and it should remember the sizes.  I start with defaults to use minimal space.

However I see I missed something as it's not remembering the sizes you set the columns to.

M

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

It'll allow you to resize them, and it should remember the sizes.  I start with defaults to use minimal space.

However I see I missed something as it's not remembering the sizes you set the columns to.

M

Gotcha and yeah, it did not remember the the size of the columns I changed after a restart. Also, is the monitor supposed to install or just run everytime? It remembers my info so all good, just wondering is all.

*Got LootCrate?*
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

M

Gotcha and yeah, it did not remember the the size of the columns I changed after a restart. Also, is the monitor supposed to install or just run everytime? It remembers my info so all good, just wondering is all.

There shouldn't be any installing.  Just run..

M

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:32:42 PM

I will be donating some BTC very soon mate, awesome utility you have given the community.
Thanks!

Might I suggest a PayPal donation link in your thread?  Grin

*Got LootCrate?*
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:56:48 PM

I will be donating some BTC very soon mate, awesome utility you have given the community.
Thanks!

Neat idea, except I don't like Paypal! Smiley

M

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:16:08 PM

Thanks!

M

I am not fond of PayPal either but when running a business as I do, one must think twice about how to accept payments, especially donations. Sadly, I manage at least 5 different payment types, not including crypto-currencies. PayPal is one of my biggest payment source generators compared to the other payment types.

Using PayPal for donations is much different than accepting payments for selling items/services etc. as they are donations and just that. Wink
Either way, I will be donating in the near future to help support the hard work and dedication you have put into the awesome product!

~m

*Got LootCrate?*
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:36:59 PM

Thanks!

M

I am not fond of PayPal either but when running a business as I do, one must think twice about how to accept payments, especially donations. Sadly, I manage at least 5 different payment types, not including crypto-currencies. PayPal is one of my biggest payment source generators compared to the other payment types.

Using PayPal for donations is much different than accepting payments for selling items/services etc. as they are donations and just that. Wink
Either way, I will be donating in the near future to help support the hard work and dedication you have put into the awesome product!

Thanks for the support!  I also know Paypal hates Bitcoin as well... if they got wind, that'd be the end of it.

M

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

Thanks!

M

Thanks for the support!  I also know Paypal hates Bitcoin as well... if they got wind, that'd be the end of it.

M

Actually, eBay announced they will be accepting crypto-currency payments in the future! PayPal is an eBay company, so who knows right!

*Got LootCrate?*
rhj12345

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:28:15 AM

I like the updates in 1.7, runs much faster. But the right sidebar is now gone in a short window with a long list of miners.

Can you please bring that back?

Thanks for the good work.

Rob Cool
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:57:18 AM

I like the updates in 1.7, runs much faster. But the right sidebar is now gone in a short window with a long list of miners.

Can you please bring that back?

Thanks for the good work.

Rob Cool

Oops!  Not sure how that happened.  It's supposed to be locked in size to the form.

Here's 1.8..

Download link: MAntMonitor18.zip

Thanks. Smiley

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: