Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 09:37:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209379 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:27:55 AM

opening a file in notepad is easier than using regedit and finding the right registry entries. A lot if the time when a ant fails to respond it hangs the UI, I can't remove it from the config screen.

Writing to an INI file isn't as easy as it used to be.  See point #1 .. using the registry is easy for me.

Ants shouldn't be regularly failing to respond.  Again, that's out of the ordinary processing. 

also when the ant fails to respond it has an uncaught exception, I can hit continue and it'll keep running until the next uncaught exception.

you can add something to catch all exceptions at the application level, so you won't have any uncaught exceptions that crash the app.

I thought I did have everything wrapped in try/catch routines, especially when an Ant fails to respond.  Are you using v3.1?  I think it was 2.9 or so that I found I had broken the exception handling around unresponsive Ants and fixed it.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
wlz2011

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:09:59 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 07:23:29 PM by wlz2011

Hello Mr. M

May I ask how many support the mining machine?

I tried a bit,

P2POOL first operator force,

1000 mining machine,  Grin

OMG, the software is very slow reaction, there is no way to work properly.  Grin

If you can solve this problem, the boss is willing to donate.  Wink

Your wallet address? 1PA1sji28iztspKxDquwFrNjp5SksjkCHE

Registry

Really a lot of trouble

Minerals can not be deleted after an error

Sorry

Google Translation
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

Hello Mr. M

I tried a bit,

OMG, the software is very slow reaction, there is no way to work properly.  Grin

1000?  Okay, timing is everything, I was just told I might want to multithread it.  Now it's obvious I do.

I'll see what I can do.

You can only get 250 or so per subnet.  How many subnets are you using?

Registry

Really a lot of trouble

Can you post a screenshot?  A picture is worth 1000 words.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:20:02 AM

Hello Mr. M

I tried a bit,

1000?  Okay, timing is everything, I was just told I might want to multithread it.  Now it's obvious I do.

I'll see what I can do.

You can only get 250 or so per subnet.  How many subnets are you using?

Registry

Really a lot of trouble

Can you post a screenshot?  A picture is worth 1000 words.

M

IT people want to see this network!

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
wlz2011

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:35:32 AM

1000?  Okay, timing is everything, I was just told I might want to multithread it.  Now it's obvious I do.

I'll see what I can do.

You can only get 250 or so per subnet.  How many subnets are you using?

Registry

Really a lot of trouble

Can you post a screenshot?  A picture is worth 1000 words.

M

Hello, M

M's Ant Monitor It’s very good software, for thanks your and support your hard working, my boss (Mr. Wu, P2POOL first count force 1PGwNprChx745u6XdbcHttf7Y2MAaqXhsF) has sent 1BTC to 1PA1sji28iztspKxDquwFrNjp5SksjkCHE, please check.  Smiley

Currently, we have 1,000 ants S3, core switches do VLAN (currently four network segments), each network segment 253 mining machine.

Automatic search does not support multi-VLAN network segment, there is a little pain, can only add IP manually, if you add 1,000 mining machine, the software  refresh rate takes about 20 minutes,it is very slow…. Sad
At present our solution: use a computer to do the monitoring, using VMware made 4 XP virtual machine, a virtual machine a network monitoring. 253 machine default 300 seconds to refresh once, one second countdown began refresh mining machine working condition, this process takes four minutes to complete, after which the software restore 300 seconds countdown.
We hope that the software refresh rate can be faster, and VLAN support multi-segment search.
Another registry problems, such as adding a 1000 mining machine, then after I deleted 750 mining machine.but monitoring page still shows 1000, Delete is displayed as “? ? ?”. I must remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ software \ mantmonitor in the registry, and then re-add the IP. A little painful. Angry
After the restart monitoring software MAntMonitor this IP order is chaos, can we order like 192.168.1.2 - 253? Sad

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:38:19 AM

Maybe it's a web scraping thing but it shows the full link crap.

I don't get it.  It works properly for me.  Can you PM me a screen shot?

M

See what I'm talking about now ?

It shows the full URL stuff that's used when say visiting the miner in a browser.

So instead of S3:IP:PORT you get what you see in the pic.

That's what I get wen scraping, I assume it's different with the API which last you said you were working on for my unique situation ;-)

To be decided...
wlz2011

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:44:34 AM

IT people want to see this network!

Currently, we have 1,000 ants S3, core switches do VLAN (currently four network segments), each network segment 253 mining machine.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:10:47 AM

Hello, M

M's Ant Monitor It’s very good software, for thanks your and support your hard working, my boss (Mr. Wu, P2POOL first count force 1PGwNprChx745u6XdbcHttf7Y2MAaqXhsF) has sent 1BTC to 1PA1sji28iztspKxDquwFrNjp5SksjkCHE, please check.  Smiley

I got it, tyvm!

Automatic search does not support multi-VLAN network segment, there is a little pain, can only add IP manually, if you add 1,000 mining machine, the software  refresh rate takes about 20 minutes,it is very slow…. Sad
At present our solution: use a computer to do the monitoring, using VMware made 4 XP virtual machine, a virtual machine a network monitoring. 253 machine default 300 seconds to refresh once, one second countdown began refresh mining machine working condition, this process takes four minutes to complete, after which the software restore 300 seconds countdown.
We hope that the software refresh rate can be faster, and VLAN support multi-segment search.

I'm working on recoding the refresh algorithm to be multi-threaded.  That should speed it up quite a bit.  

I'll also work on revising the search routine to see if it can help you.

Another registry problems, such as adding a 1000 mining machine, then after I deleted 750 mining machine.but monitoring page still shows 1000, Delete is displayed as “? ? ?”. I must remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ software \ mantmonitor in the registry, and then re-add the IP. A little painful. Angry

Removing the machines from the config doesn't currently remove them from the output grid.  I'll add that to the todo list.

Someone also suggested having a way of removing/disabling from the output grid.  I'll be adding that as well, it should make it easier to remove/disable Ants from the output.

After the restart monitoring software MAntMonitor this IP order is chaos, can we order like 192.168.1.2 - 253? Sad

I see what you mean about the sorting.  I'll have to think about that.  Right now it's a string value, and .6 comes before .61 in strings.

Thank you for your support, I'll be getting these changes out as soon as I can.  It may take a few days.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:13:13 AM

It shows the full URL stuff that's used when say visiting the miner in a browser.

That's what I get wen scraping, I assume it's different with the API which last you said you were working on for my unique situation ;-)

Thanks.  That's not what I get when I scrape or use the API.  I'll have to look at this closer.

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:45:22 AM

Thanks.  That's not what I get when I scrape or use the API.  I'll have to look at this closer.

M
It probably has to do with my unique setup to which I suspect is not the same as yours.

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

M
It probably has to do with my unique setup to which I suspect is not the same as yours.

I have a plan that I think will address your remaining issues and the issues with having 1000 of them.

M

wlz2011

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:19:28 AM

Hello, M

I got it, tyvm!

I'm working on recoding the refresh algorithm to be multi-threaded.  That should speed it up quite a bit.  

I'll also work on revising the search routine to see if it can help you.

Removing the machines from the config doesn't currently remove them from the output grid.  I'll add that to the todo list.

Someone also suggested having a way of removing/disabling from the output grid.  I'll be adding that as well, it should make it easier to remove/disable Ants from the output.

I see what you mean about the sorting.  I'll have to think about that.  Right now it's a string value, and .6 comes before .61 in strings.

Thank you for your support, I'll be getting these changes out as soon as I can.  It may take a few days.

M

I believe you

Have a nice weekend! Smiley
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:55:04 AM

Here's a beta version of 3.2.  The huge change to this was it was restructured to do multi-threaded polling of your Ants via the API.

Things to note:

- This is a beta version.  Chances are good I broke something. 
- That said, you should be able to revert back to the prior version simply by running the older version.
- This is for API users only.  I'm pretty sure the web scraping piece is broken, simply because I haven't taken the time yet to redo it to work with the new code.
- It has 5 threads running behind the scenes: 1 dispatch thread, and 4 worker threads.  I intend to have the worker threadcount controllable in the final version.
- You'll see in the Log which worker thread is checking which Ant.
- My main PC is an i7.  That means have 4 CPU cores with hyperthreading, so the OS sees 8 cores available.  I don't know how this will respond on CPUs with less cores available. 
- I only have 3 Ants: 1 S1, 1 S2, and 1 S3.  I can't really test how this will work with more than 3 Ants, especially not 1000.

As always, feedback is most welcome.

Thanks!

Download link: MAntMonitor32b.zip

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:04:40 AM

I was thinking about this.  I think you can fix this by entering all the ips as 3 digit ips, so 192.168.1.2 would be 192.168.001.002.  Then I think it'll sort properly.

M

spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:32:00 AM

I was thinking about this.  I think you can fix this by entering all the ips as 3 digit ips, so 192.168.1.2 would be 192.168.001.002.  Then I think it'll sort properly.

M

try sorting the IPs as a version object using linq sort. Should work
kgb2mining

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:19:30 AM

Here's a beta version of 3.2.  The huge change to this was it was restructured to do multi-threaded polling of your Ants via the API.

Things to note:

- This is a beta version.  Chances are good I broke something.  
- That said, you should be able to revert back to the prior version simply by running the older version.
- This is for API users only.  I'm pretty sure the web scraping piece is broken, simply because I haven't taken the time yet to redo it to work with the new code.
- It has 5 threads running behind the scenes: 1 dispatch thread, and 4 worker threads.  I intend to have the worker threadcount controllable in the final version.
- You'll see in the Log which worker thread is checking which Ant.
- My main PC is an i7.  That means have 4 CPU cores with hyperthreading, so the OS sees 8 cores available.  I don't know how this will respond on CPUs with less cores available.  
- I only have 3 Ants: 1 S1, 1 S2, and 1 S3.  I can't really test how this will work with more than 3 Ants, especially not 1000.

As always, feedback is most welcome.

Thanks!

Download link: MAntMonitor32b.zip

M
Just downloaded and tried it out.  I'm using the most simplest functions of just getting status so I'm not a good measure of whether any other functionality is broken, but I am using the API and not web scraping.  It definitely seems faster so far, and you can tell the refresh is working on multiples as they used to fill in one by one, now it's in groups of 4 or so just like you mentioned.

We've got 50+ Ants being monitored, and it takes about 10 seconds now to go through all of them, whereas it used to be more than double that, close to 30 seconds for a full refresh.  This is on a Win7 VM with 2 vCPU's.  I can bump the vCPU to 4 and see if it makes any difference as well.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:20:32 AM

M

try sorting the IPs as a version object using linq sort. Should work

I'm not doing the sort, the control is.  It's not a numeric value, as it contains periods.  It's a string value.

If I was sorting it myself I wouldn't have a problem.  I may go there; for now I was posting a quick work around.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Just downloaded and tried it out.  I'm using the most simplest functions of just getting status so I'm not a good measure of whether any other functionality is broken, but I am using the API and not web scraping.  It definitely seems faster so far, and you can tell the refresh is working on multiples as they used to fill in one by one, now it's in groups of 4 or so just like you mentioned.

We've got 50+ Ants being monitored, and it takes about 10 seconds now to go through all of them, whereas it used to be more than double that, close to 30 seconds for a full refresh.  This is on a Win7 VM with 2 vCPU's.  I can bump the vCPU to 4 and see if it makes any difference as well.

Thank you.  I think I've worked out all the multi-threaded issues in this version.  Now I need to clean up the code, get the web scraping working, make sure everything works,  and add the ability to control the number of worker threads, and this will become the next stable version.  I may include revising the scanning in this version too, depends on how much time I have.

After that I intend to completely revise the Ant configuration methodology.  That should address the rest of the outstanding issues and requests.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

Here's another beta of 3.2.

This version adds a slider bar on the config screen where you can configure how many threads you want to use (2 to 64).  It defaults to 5 (1 dispatch, 4 worker).  You can change it midstream, however it'll abort the existing threads regardless of what they're doing.  For best results you shouldn't do it while it's rescanning, but I think it'll continue to work either way.  Of course you can save your thread setting so next time it'll start out at your new value

It also tweaks a few more spots that could cause some data corruption because they weren't synchronized across threads.

Download link: MAntMonitor32b1.zip

You're going to have to experiment with whatever threadcount works best for your configuration.  Please keep me posted on your findings.

Thanks!

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:57:23 PM

Here's another beta of 3.2.

This version adds a slider bar on the config screen where you can configure how many threads you want to use (2 to 64).  It defaults to 5 (1 dispatch, 4 worker).  You can change it midstream, however it'll abort the existing threads regardless of what they're doing.  For best results you shouldn't do it while it's rescanning, but I think it'll continue to work either way.  Of course you can save your thread setting so next time it'll start out at your new value

It also tweaks a few more spots that could cause some data corruption because they weren't synchronized across threads.

Download link: MAntMonitor32b1.zip

You're going to have to experiment with whatever threadcount works best for your configuration.  Please keep me posted on your findings.

Thanks!

M
Here's hoping the next release is geared towards me ;-p

To be decided...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: