Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850315 times)
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:32:24 AM

I did the upgrade using the command line you provided Smiley

I have the same error

The problem was an ad-block extension. You should disable it for your Minera websites.
I tried Minera again.  Same issue here with me.  Got the dialog box with no way out.  Enough for me, I'll go back to a base pi image with cgminer installed.

If you do want to do that Ad thing, why not look into integrating with brave ads?  Otherwise, just do an add free version and force a payment after 7 days.

You are free to do what you want, as I'm free to do what I want. To solve your issue just remove any ad block for your Minera IP and you are done. Or pay 4 bucks. Or use your PI manually with your cgminer.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:41:12 PM

I was having trouble with my RaspberryPie connecting and running Gridseed Blades, and my Zues miner Blizzards with latest update 0.7.0   The display was not refreshing, the miners were not showing hash, and adds were driving me nutts.  I reinstalled minera several times.  updated my os in the raspberry pie, and some good results but nothing like i was seeing in the forum from other people.

I did a wipe of the sd card, and did a fresh install of RASPBIAN JESSIE, then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0.   Then updated my settings for wifi on my pie.  All works great and i hope this helps people that are having trouble with there Raspberry pie.  

Look for raspian jesse at the raspberry pie website and of course you can download the Minera software from the Minera site.

The software has been running now for 48 hours nonstop and solid as a rock.  Thank you for your work.  I just wish the adds were not so aggressive its a real turn off.  I already have a hashflare account, a coinbase account.  and i run donation time from my miners.  It would be hard for me to pay to kill the adds on all of my Pie's Cry

I'm glad you solved the issues, I can't understand what you mean with "then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0" Do you mean you did a "manual" install via install script instead using the image file? Did you try to download the image file again? I changed it a couple of time (once yesterday) due to latest fixes.

I'm sorry for the boring ads but trust me every single satoshi earned will be invested in time dedicated at the project.
I don't know how many systems you have but if you drop me a line in pm we can discuss for discounts for large environment (if interested).

I down loaded the 0.7.0 image couple days ago, but could not get it all to work right..  then did a whole new manual install with image of raspian jesse and minera 0.7.0  i have been using minera since the beginning I think lol,  when coinbase came out it was an answer to most of my bitcoin trouble, im probably one of your first people to join from your add from minera, and I always donate time.

if you happen to get get or use rpi 2 or 3 later try  Ubuntu 15 or 16 server standard version it much much better then Jesse . just a tip . but it only works on the rpi 2 and 3 and other pi types if you have them.

i use it with my ginseed g-balde zeus cyclone and  Alcheminer 256 Smiley.and minera

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:48:16 PM

I was having trouble with my RaspberryPie connecting and running Gridseed Blades, and my Zues miner Blizzards with latest update 0.7.0   The display was not refreshing, the miners were not showing hash, and adds were driving me nutts.  I reinstalled minera several times.  updated my os in the raspberry pie, and some good results but nothing like i was seeing in the forum from other people.

I did a wipe of the sd card, and did a fresh install of RASPBIAN JESSIE, then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0.   Then updated my settings for wifi on my pie.  All works great and i hope this helps people that are having trouble with there Raspberry pie.  

Look for raspian jesse at the raspberry pie website and of course you can download the Minera software from the Minera site.

The software has been running now for 48 hours nonstop and solid as a rock.  Thank you for your work.  I just wish the adds were not so aggressive its a real turn off.  I already have a hashflare account, a coinbase account.  and i run donation time from my miners.  It would be hard for me to pay to kill the adds on all of my Pie's Cry

I'm glad you solved the issues, I can't understand what you mean with "then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0" Do you mean you did a "manual" install via install script instead using the image file? Did you try to download the image file again? I changed it a couple of time (once yesterday) due to latest fixes.

I'm sorry for the boring ads but trust me every single satoshi earned will be invested in time dedicated at the project.
I don't know how many systems you have but if you drop me a line in pm we can discuss for discounts for large environment (if interested).

I down loaded the 0.7.0 image couple days ago, but could not get it all to work right..  then did a whole new manual install with image of raspian jesse and minera 0.7.0  i have been using minera since the beginning I think lol,  when coinbase came out it was an answer to most of my bitcoin trouble, im probably one of your first people to join from your add from minera, and I always donate time.

if you happen to get get or use rpi 2 or 3 later try  Ubuntu 15 or 16 server standard version it much much better then Jesse . just a tip . but it only works on the rpi 2 and 3 and other pi types if you have them.

i use it with my ginseed g-balde zeus cyclone and  Alcheminer 256 Smiley.and minera

I have been using the setup that i describe earlier since that post, and all my miners are running solid as a rock, as a matter of fact,  they have "never" ran as well as they are now so I am very impressed, especially with a multi pool.    I have always tried to stay with the basic raspberry pi since most developers for the pie  try to use a standard at least that would be my thoughts that way your not running around building a new patch for every os on the block lol

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:56:31 PM

cool kind of why i said try it's becoming the standard for RPI 2 and 3 is now or heading into the Ubuntu area but it only works on RPI 2 and 3 or higher unless you want to do it your self which from what i see might a be a real pain to do .

but if your fine with how it is go for it . that was just a tip i discovered one day by mistake I was having issue even with RASPBIAN JESSIE and try to Use Ubuntu server version now don't care much for the desktop version and yes also use windows 10 on my PCs and not ten for PI's don't care much for it  Smiley .the server version is pretty basic there is two version of it one is watered down even more etc .

U 16 is due out tomorrow so I'll  be redoing all my PI types im able to install it on just for the fun of doing it .

Zacudis

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:23:48 PM

cool kind of why i said try it's becoming the standard for RPI 2 and 3 is now or heading into the Ubuntu area but it only works on RPI 2 and 3 or higher unless you want to do it your self which from what i see might a be a real pain to do .

but if your fine with how it is go for it . that was just a tip i discovered one day by mistake I was having issue even with RASPBIAN JESSIE and try to Use Ubuntu server version now don't care much for the desktop version and yes also use windows 10 on my PCs and not ten for PI's don't care much for it  Smiley .the server version is pretty basic there is two version of it one is watered down even more etc .

U 16 is due out tomorrow so I'll  be redoing all my PI types im able to install it on just for the fun of doing it .

ahh interesting, I will look into it, i have many RPI 3 that i can play around with, beats having a crap load of computers Smiley   I run windows 10, and on 2 laptop, and 1 with win 7 just to keep things in perspective that way if i have a problem i can move it to the w7 system, or ubuntu, and see if its an os issue.  I like minera hand have been using it since it came out.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:46:22 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 01:23:12 PM by toptek

heads up if you use ubuntu 15 it offer u to upgrade ubuntu 16 think first it removes a few thing with a more up to date version that minera needs to work like php5 to php7.0 minera stops anyone got a fix for that yet. or how to replace that .

Reading state information... Done
Package php5-cli is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  php7.0-cli

Package php5-curl is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5-cli' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5-curl' has no installation candidate
Changing permissions on Minera dir

nm fixed it ").

like this remove
Code:
sudo apt-get remove -y lighttpd php5-cgi 
sudo apt-get purge -y lighttpd php5-cgi
sudo dpkg --configure -a --force-all
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove
then install
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y lighttpd php7.0-cgi --allow-unauthenticated
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php
sudo service lighttpd force-reload
then remove
Code:
sudo apt-get remove -y redis-server git screen php5-cli php5-curl
sudo apt-get purge -y redis-server git screen php5-cli php5-curl
sudo dpkg --configure -a --force-all
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove

then install
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y redis-server git screen php7.0-cli php7.0-curl --allow-unauthenticated

worked for me Smiley im now running ubuntu 16 LTS with minera

BorgDog

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:42:02 PM

Please, minera still don´t support "extranonce subscription" function from Nicehash?

Thanks
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 05:45:08 AM

Please, minera still don´t support "extranonce subscription" function from Nicehash?

Thanks

Bfgminer version installed should support it. Otherwise you can always add your custom miner.

splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:42:34 AM

Toptek@

Much appreciate leading me here from bfgminer thread.

I managed installing as shown on manual install instead using image and everything is there.

I have few questions:
To install everything, this was done via putty (SSH), without accessing raspberry GUI,
Before receiving url leading to my device, I came with a blue screen showing list of configurations.

Since I didn't know which ones to use, I just things as it is by pressing OK
what this right step and if not what should have been changed?

Now I terminated putty and accessed raspberry GUI via windows desktop remote connection.
While being on raspberry GUI, Was I suppose seeing minera icon?
I surely don't see it.

I see minera.json file under minera directory!
How to copy desktop shortcut of that file?

I see bfgminer under minera-bin directory.
Is this already to be execute and without building or compiling?
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

There is a wiki page to get started with Minera: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Getting-started

For help and setup please look at the Help page at http://getminera.com/help

Feedbacks are very welcome!

Please refer to Github page for all the info and support (found a bug? open an issue on github!)

just point your browser to your raspberry IP followed by /minera.

http://***.***.***.***/minera

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:52:30 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 10:15:17 AM by toptek

til you understand it better I would download the ready made image it has everything in it's usually up to date in one package but sense you pretty much have most of it down . look at the per made image first . if you manual install it you more then  likely will have to install all the software miners etc and know how to deal with software errors which everyone here will help but the software miners  don't all ways install on a manual install.

cheek this out it explains a lot . https://getminera.com/help by all means look at the links for help ZOu said something about .minera is very user friendly or the GUI part is.

To install everything, this was done via putty (SSH), without accessing raspberry GUI,
If you do a manual install yes

not sure what you mean was it a manual install ?

no icon i know of or do like zOU said

http://***.***.***.***/minera ..

you to make more clear

http://192.168.1.whatever the the rasp pi berry IP is /minera

no short cut  im a ware of .

https://github.com/michelem09/minera

Building miner software

Since version 0.3.6 Minera comes with a script to build updated version of every single miner software.

If you are in trouble with your binary file of Bfgminer for example, you can simply connect in SSH and run this:

Cd /var/www/minera
./build_miner.sh <miner-name>  

or like this

Cd /var/www/minera
 ./build_miner.sh bfgminer

The script will do everything you need to have the binary file in the correct place and updated.

If you need a list of miner available just run the command without any argument.

splat44

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:52:36 AM

Ya ZOu, explained pretty well!

Yes, I am able access that url without any problems!

While being inside minera:
I do wish to focus on folowing for now (dashboard and settings)

I know inside dashboard we see local miner and pool also

Settings: My mining pool including url port, user and password is set

Why would there be add pool in dashboard if something is already set in setting?
Does this mean to re-enter same as in settings?

Once I this clear I'll be dealing with bfgminer

til you understand it better I would download the ready made image it has everything in it's usually up to date in one package but sense you pretty much have most of it down . look at the per made image first . if you manual install it you more then  likely will have to install all the software miners etc and know how to deal with software errors which everyone here will help but the software miners  don't all ways install on a manual install.

cheek this out it explains a lot . https://getminera.com/help by all means look at the links for help ZOu said something about .minera is very user friendly or the GUI part is.

If you do a manual install yes

not sure what you mean was it a manual install ?

no icon i know of or do like zOU said

http://***.***.***.***/minera ..

you to make more clear

http://192.168.1.whatever the the rasp pi berry IP is /minera

no short cut  im a ware of .

https://github.com/michelem09/minera

Building miner software

Since version 0.3.6 Minera comes with a script to build updated version of every single miner software.

If you are in trouble with your binary file of Bfgminer for example, you can simply connect in SSH and run this:

Cd /var/www/minera
./build_miner.sh <miner-name>  

or like this

Cd /var/www/minera
 ./build_miner.sh bfgminer

The script will do everything you need to have the binary file in the correct place and updated.

If you need a list of miner available just run the command without any argument.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:59:43 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 02:12:02 PM by toptek

Why would there be add pool in dashboard if something is already set in setting?
Does this mean to re-enter same as in settings?

yup ,the only way i know of is use setting to set  all most all the setting in minera.

Just looked never notice you could add pools with out going into setting learn some thing  new every day > thanks

and yea it's the same as setting just a faster way of doing it.

also you can set a lot of pools for fast pool switching .

Fail over what that means is if your main pool goes down and your not there to fix it , it should auto over to the next pool in the list then once your main pool comes back on line it should go back to it.

I have minera controlling one of these http://holybitcoin.com/product/avalon-4-1-1-0-1-3-ths-sha256-bitcoin-miner/   i like using minera over the openwrt gui type miner it comes with.

splat44

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:29:51 PM

Would bfgminer and minera run on PI 3?

About the image since is mention boot up controler,
So that minera img has to contain raspbian OS I hope! Correct?

While using RASPBIAN JESSIE, I done the following:

Via putty I ran the following:
sudo raspi-config (by doing the rest:
1) Enable SSH
2( enlarge file system
3) overclock PI as high
reboot

So I have access to GUI using destop remote connection(DRC) in windows, I download and install 'xrdp' via putty:
sudo apt-get install xrdp

I know there a way using startx to access GUI there some error message as:
'user x has no control or cannot access GUI but this can only be dong using (DRC) to my knowledge.

All the rest were still connected via putty

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

The following came from manuual install:

sudo apt-get install -y lighttpd php5-cgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
sudo lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php
sudo service lighttpd force-reload

after web server minera is ready to be install:

sudo apt-get install -y redis-server git screen php5-cli php5-curl
cd /var/www
sudo git clone https://github.com/michelem09/minera
cd minera
sudo ./install_minera.sh

Is this all I need doing for masnual instal?

During at some some point during last statement I came across the following screen:

Since I didn't know if should have change a thing, I selected no configurion (frst option) from next screen
But I saw few item on that screen dealing with email and ect...
local only was last option on that screen

Can you explain what should I be doing with the above screens?
This might have cause problems as to why minera couldn't locate run bfgminer including statements similar to windows!

Don't know but it might have easier download and install bfgmner instead of minera!

Until I get another PI, I am using both units on windows!

When I get that new PI and if I should experience then, I'll simply will go back to bfgminer tread and go from there!
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:33:32 AM

mine is running perfectly on a PI2 Smiley

PinkLlama

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:37:45 AM

If I'm mining on 20 raspberries how would I install Minera to actually look over all of them?

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 10:04:16 AM

If I'm mining on 20 raspberries how would I install Minera to actually look over all of them?

In each Minera setup the --api-allow setting (Api Allow) for your Raspberry Network LAN address like "W:192.168.1.0/24"

Then elect one of your Minera as the "master" one and add from it each of the other Minera instances as Network miners (you can use also the Scan Network button)

From the master one you should be able to monitor the others as network miners. (you can only monitor not manage)

PinkLlama

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:06:41 AM

In each Minera setup the --api-allow setting (Api Allow) for your Raspberry Network LAN address like "W:192.168.1.0/24"

Then elect one of your Minera as the "master" one and add from it each of the other Minera instances as Network miners (you can use also the Scan Network button)

From the master one you should be able to monitor the others as network miners. (you can only monitor not manage)

Is it possible to master my PC instead of one of my rapberries?

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 10:07:51 AM

Would bfgminer and minera run on PI 3?

About the image since is mention boot up controler,
So that minera img has to contain raspbian OS I hope! Correct?

Yes Minera runs Raspbian as default OS, but why do you install it manually? Get the minera-latest.img file put it in your SD Card and put your SD Card into your RPI3.
It should work without doing anything else.

Follow this steps https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Getting-started#standard-install

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 10:09:49 AM

Is it possible to master my PC instead of one of my rapberries?

If your PC's OS is Linux you can install Minera there and elect it as "master". If you run Windows, no you can't. From your PC you can control any Minera but you can't install it if it's Windows.

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: