Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
declensions

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:08:21 AM

hahaha the real whale has been spotted. Did you just buy up to 3950 past your own sell orders at 3700?

damn you're a patient sonofabitch. respect

Pm me if you read this

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:11:29 AM

Some logic for everyone...

We are on the eve of the white paper and the verge of more updates to the wallet in the coming days.  The price of Silk coin is a concern to everyone who has invested in the coin from the larger whales to the people who throw in their small investment stash.

When you buy Silk coin what are you buying?  Can you spend it anywhere?  At the moment it has no more of that type utility than many other coins.  What you are investing on is a belief that the team is going places.  Do they have a vision?  Have they already delivered on promises?

Heck if the coin could be spent everywhere and the eco system was done and marketplace was up the coin would be worth MORE than bitcoin.  So if you invest now you are taking a risk.  If the risk doesn't pan out you lose your investment.  If it pays off what are your possible returns?  The typical investor does a risk to reward comparison.  To me the reward is potentially quite substantial and having worked with the team the risk is low as I believe in them.  No one can tell you there is no risk.  There is always risk.

But one thing I can tell you having watched crypto for a while is quality does not come often.  People who innovate don't come often.  Take a look at what the silk coin dev team has done.  Are other people copying it?   Look at the announcement threads for other coins... you will see them using Silk Coins design.  

Some people will FUD to bring down a coin to buy it cheaper.  Sometimes they are angry because they missed out on an early buy in and are just angry people.  Ask yourself do these people really care about you?  What are their motivations?

I am looking forward to the white paper.  But remember, the whitepaper is not the END it is the BEGINNING.

We are developing on the of strongest communities in crypto.  Combine that with an innovative and talented dev team and this coin has an unlimited future.

It may sound cliche to say Silk coin is the next Bitcoin, but it just might be.  You have more control over that than you think!

Stick together and be strong! Smiley

Judge Crypto

Nice post.
I agree.

To me the white paper is much less important than the actual wallet updates and dev interaction.
In life you get people who build and innovate and make things better for everyone. I believe silkcoin devs are in that group.
You need the early followers who support and help to get the word out. Thanks Judge.
Unfortunately you also have the administrators who you sometimes need but often just cause hurdles.
On the worst part of the spectrum, you have the cancer of society, selfish and shortsighted people who can not see the possibilities of working together and think that winning means someone else needs to lose. (We have had a lot of examples of that thanks to fudding in this thread recently, but that will stop in the near future.)

Looking forward to the white paper but looking even more forward to the updates coming in the next wallet.
And hell... I just like watching the camel amble on.
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:14:08 AM

hahaha the real whale has been spotted. Did you just buy up to 3950 past your own sell orders at 3700?

damn you're a patient sonofabitch. respect

Pm me if you read this

Lol. This has been entertaining market to watch so far.
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:20:38 AM

What is the WhitePaper everyone keeps talking about? Something new coming to SC?
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:30:38 AM

What is the WhitePaper everyone keeps talking about? Something new coming to SC?

Sorry for repeating myself but it is easiest with repeated questions.

As I understand it the white paper is just a document that outlines the vision for Silkcoin in detail.
It is often used in business as a proposal.
Effectively it is a marketing tool.

It is famous in crypto world because of Satoshi's use of the white paper to explain Bitcoin.
This was needed because it was new and foreign to people.
My impression is that most coins now are forced to deliver a "whitepaper" since it has become standard in promotion of a coin.

For me the white paper is not that important.
What I like to see is active development and the effects of innovation in action.

So far the devs here have delivered a new and innovative wallet that keeps getting better.
It is obvious that they did not get lucky in doing this, it is because of ability and hence I expect that it will continue.
This is how crypto will grow and get to be used by the masses.
They have also handled the malice and extortion attempts quite well. Satoshi luckily never had to deal with that kind of nonsense or I am sure Bitcoin would have struggled even more.

The community has been great (I'm looking at you Wulf, Judge, Quantum) very positive and managing to stay calm. It shows adults are involved and this makes me happy.

All of this means that even if the devs publish a whitepaper that says:
1. plan to make the best wallet and keep it up to date
2. integrate useful features from other working coins

I will be all on board the camel.

What I expect it will probably say apart from those 2 things is.
3. work on creating an ecosystem accessible through the wallet
4. some integration of a marketplace possibly
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:37:33 AM

We are on the eve of the white paper and the verge of more updates to the wallet in the coming days.  The price of Silk coin is a concern to everyone who has invested in the coin from the larger whales to the people who throw in their small investment stash.

When you buy Silk coin what are you buying?  Can you spend it anywhere?  At the moment it has no more of that type utility than many other coins.  What you are investing on is a belief that the team is going places.  Do they have a vision?  Have they already delivered on promises?

Heck if the coin could be spent everywhere and the eco system was done and marketplace was up the coin would be worth MORE than bitcoin.  So if you invest now you are taking a risk.  If the risk doesn't pan out you lose your investment.  If it pays off what are your possible returns?  The typical investor does a risk to reward comparison.  To me the reward is potentially quite substantial and having worked with the team the risk is low as I believe in them.  No one can tell you there is no risk.  There is always risk.

But one thing I can tell you having watched crypto for a while is quality does not come often.  People who innovate don't come often.  Take a look at what the silk coin dev team has done.  Are other people copying it?   Look at the announcement threads for other coins... you will see them using Silk Coins design.  

Some people will FUD to bring down a coin to buy it cheaper.  Sometimes they are angry because they missed out on an early buy in and are just angry people.  Ask yourself do these people really care about you?  What are their motivations?

I am looking forward to the white paper.  But remember, the whitepaper is not the END it is the BEGINNING.

We are developing on the of strongest communities in crypto.  Combine that with an innovative and talented dev team and this coin has an unlimited future.

It may sound cliche to say Silk coin is the next Bitcoin, but it just might be.  You have more control over that than you think!

Judge Crypto

Good post.

But for cleaning up any doubt, could you give us the identity and background of those Devs please ?  That would be nice who is working on what.

Thanks
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:39:15 AM

Judge Crypto

Good post.

But for cleaning up any doubt, could you give us the identity and background of those Devs please ?  That would be nice who is working on what.

Thanks

I will happily tell you who the devs are as soon as you can confirm the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto please.
Wink
brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

But the devs are here, pseudonymously, right?  Who are they, and what have they worked on before?  I assume this isn't secret.
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:43:08 AM

Silk is still very cheap.   I just love buying it at this price.  

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:48:30 AM

But the devs are here, pseudonymously, right?  Who are they, and what have they worked on before?  I assume this isn't secret.

I prefer a world where you are known by the product you deliver.
Names are too susceptible to something I like to call "bullshit baffles brains".
Knowing anything about dev apart from what they are delivering is unnecessary information.
With the amount of attempted extortion  that has happened in this thread so far, I would strongly urge NOT to know the dev identity since all that would do is open them up for character assassination.
Senth

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:53:55 AM

Names are too susceptible to something I like to call "bullshit baffles brains".
Knowing anything about dev apart from what they are delivering is unnecessary information.
With the amount of attempted extortion  that has happened in this thread so far, I would strongly urge NOT to know the dev identity since all that would do is open them up for character assassination.
+1
whole point of cryptoland is kinda being anonymous.
soltantgris

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:55:43 AM

Judge Crypto

Good post.

Thanks

I will happily tell you who the devs are as soon as you can confirm the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto please.
Wink

Haha N1 !  But I meant, how many devs working on what now ?  Not a Top Secret question !  Just out of curiosity.
soltantgris

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

I'm Soltantgris here.  I'm Soltantgris on Twitter.  I'm Soltantgris on Skype.   I'm Soltantgris on each single board I register (per exemple see www.pokercollectif.com.  I'm Soltantgris in MSN.  I'm Soltantgris in each game I play(ed).  And so on.

I assume my "character", I assume each single thing i've done (including a lot of $ transfer, escrow, buying-group, etc).

In a "business" like crypto, before to invest a lot of K, in a premine coin, it is just normal that many people want to know the background of those leading the show.  It's not an attack, it's just a normal step if we want to succeed big time and shut down those FUDers.

Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:06:18 AM

+1
whole point of cryptoland is kinda being anonymous.

I see anonymity as being a nice by-product.

For me the fundamental point of cryptographic currency is not the anonymity but the cryptographic principles that allow a no-trust system of cloud ledger which is the blockchain. The cryptography allows us to have a system that enables managing money over the internet in a decentralized fashion.
I think people get a bit confused because of the word cryptography. Obviously the whole thing was born in an environment of secrecy and paranoia (which is home to leaders in cryptography) and the creator is anonymous for obvious and good reasons, but we have never had an anonymous money system and bitcoin is not anonymous.

Anonymity is needed in a world with hypocrisy and tyranny.
If you need anonymity to buy drugs because it is illegal, maybe the laws need to change instead of you having to hide your identity. If the laws are there to protect you then we need to design better drugs or teach people how to protect themselves.
If you need anonymity to talk about your government, then your government is tyrannical and needs to be changed, you should not need to hide.
If nobody could be anonymous when buying porn or using the internet, everyone would see that they are just doing what everyone else is doing and the taboo and social backlash will evaporate leaving us with a more enlightened, educated and open world.

A reason to support anonymity is because hopefully it will enable to free market and democracy to triumph. Unfortunately it also comes with negative side effects. The internet troll problem being an example.
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:08:59 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 04:20:32 AM by bluepixie

For a coin to skyrocket you need to get rid of all weak hands.  I am sure that is why the price has clung at 3.5k-4.5k all week long. Now we have a chance to really fly.  The FUD does serve a purpose beyond just annoying chatter and forcing the price down. It gets rid of the folks that don't have faith in the coin.  If you are holding Silk coin right now. Its not because your waiting for a Pump and Dump. It is because you think it is a wise investment for the long term. I am not selling at 3500 satoshi or 35000 satoshi. I am looking for $10 or better. I like SILK better then DRK, LTC, or BTC. It will only go up in the long run. The white paper is just the first step. SILKCOIN is GREAT!!

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:13:25 AM

I'm Soltantgris here.  I'm Soltantgris on Twitter.  I'm Soltantgris on Skype.   I'm Soltantgris on each single board I register (per exemple see www.pokercollectif.com.  I'm Soltantgris in MSN.  I'm Soltantgris in each game I play(ed).  And so on.

I assume my "character", I assume each single thing i've done (including a lot of $ transfer, escrow, buying-group, etc).

In a "business" like crypto, before to invest a lot of K, in a premine coin, it is just normal that many people want to know the background of those leading the show.  It's not an attack, it's just a normal step if we want to succeed big time and shut down those FUDers.

First point:
Identity will just cause unnecessary distraction from the actual development.
It is like describing what a camel ride feels like and who raised the camel and who the camel's parents were when you are trying to convince someone to try and ride a camel.
If you want to actually know what the camel ride feels like, just get on the camel and experience it for yourself.

Second point:
This is not a premine coin. This is not an IPO coin. There were 2 POW phases. At the start, for 15 BTC you could buy more % than the devs fund.

WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

For a coin to skyrocket you need to get rid of all weak hands.  I am sure that is why the price has clung at 3.5k-4.5k all week long. Now we have a chance to really fly.  The FUD does serve a purpose beyond just annoying chatter and forcing the price down. It gets rid of the folks that don't have faith in the coin.  If you are holding white coin right now. Its not because your waiting for a Pump and Dump. It is because you think it is a wise investment for the long term. I am not selling at 3500 satoshi or 35000 satoshi. I am looking for $10 or better. I like SILK better then DRK LTC or BTC. It will only go up in the long run. The white paper is just the first step. SILKCOIN is  GREAT!!

Although I do agree with your sentiment about the coin being a viable currency and much more, all coin is currently a commodity and thus traded on the exchange as a commodity, meaning there is a fair amount of speculation and thus (unfortunately right now) instability This is how the exchange makes money and keeps the coin listed and you and me happy to have a home. You are not going to want a coin that is just sitting there having things being built in the background, but agree there is so much more to look forward to with this coin. Good or bad, I think we are going to have that influx of volume real soon, and a fair amount of market shift and correction around this coin. This is trading and frankly an opportunity to make additional coins (in addition to staking). All these trading event increase the worth of the coin and thus folks like me and you whom hold dear ultimately have more than we started with, but never less than we need. The best thing about this coin right now are the lack of idiots trying to promote it across all exchanges. This is actually a breath of fresh aire.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
BitTome

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:13:09 AM

Remember
Coinmart that I tried to tell you was an old scam that Silkcoin completely denied was him.

But wait, this account has never tried to tell me that in the past! Only megaman and gorillajam have been spreading those lies...
Soo thanks for admitting that you are a megaman or gorilla sockpuppet account haha.. further evidence that YOU are a scammer.

Can you please give it up now?
All of your attempts to show that this coin is a scam have been disproved...
You have been shown to lie and photoshop messages from the silkcoin dev in an attempt to discredit him.
You have been shown to try and extort BTC from the silkcoin dev in order for you to stop spreading your spam lies.
It is clear that YOU are a scammer. That is one thing we all know now. It still waits to be seen how silkcoin plays out, but one thing is for sure- you cannot be trusted.
Your behavior is illegal (or would be, if law had any jurisdiction here) and abusive. If this continues I ask everybody to please give megaman a negative trust rating, citing his attempts to extort btc from the devs and his fraudulent photoshopped personal message.

The amount of time and effort you are spending on here, to your own demise, is astounding! You must really be desperate for that 0.5 btc extortion money.

Wow, this is probably one of the best hook, line, and, sinker arguments ever.  Nice.
soltantgris

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:21:03 AM

Too bad we wish "anon" because this kind of behavior would not happen that often.  Tricky spot !  Look now at CRYPT collapse.  Thousand of BTC has been lost - in a drama dev against dev.  Transpacrency is a key element in crypto in my opinion.

That being said, I do hope that the White Paper tomorrow will be worth the wait ! 

arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:37:52 AM

Finally this thread is getting all cleaned up. I Love watching an exceptionally intelligent community grow in battle.  (-:

Silkcoin is the first community I have felt comfortable in and look forward to staying long term.

In theory the whitepaper is the first step in the making of cryptocurrency.  So really ya'll haven't seen nothin yet.   Cool

And the Camel Marches On.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: