Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

I am a little bit worry about dev's identify.
I see most of scam coin keep identify anon.
If this coin is really transparent, why dev not reveal their identify?

Ok, go and find Satoshi Nakamoto for us.
Good luck

Do you know what you ask?

I know you will ask me like that.
You don't know what you are talking about, you are comparing apple with orange.

Ya, satoshi is the origin dev and keep anon, but he is not the only dev of bitcoin.
Most of other devs who contribute to bitcoin reveal their identify.
What about silkcoin?? I see nobody reveal their identify.

I keep some silkcoin, so don't think I wanna silkcoin die, I am just asking something that I should ask, and I have right to know.

If you pretty sure silkcoin won't be scam, and you will refund me when it happen, I can just shut up.

Listen someone before pointed out that Satoshi still holds a huge amount of BTC.
So that's a premine scam too, isn't it?
That's not the point.
For me what's important is that BTC now exists. I'm investing in it, I believe in it as a way to make people aware of what money is. And not just that.

Coming back to our point I bought SC when it was around 1000 Satoshi. I'm supporting the network by leaving my wallet open and staking since the 9th of June. I think this can be a good altcoin. I like the way devs are dealing with us.
And I really don't care if they will make huge profits with it as long as they continue working on the project.

So, about you, I don't owe you anything. I think you know where to invest, what to do and whatever it takes.
I don't see why do I have to refund your errors.

Finally, I really don't care about anonimity in here, actually I kind of like it! That's why I'm here on Bitcoin Talk and not on facebook or twitter or whatever else.

See, I'm an old fashioned guy: I miss mailing lists, nice irc chats and so on when you're reputation was builded upon your actions and not who you were.
I really don't like this facebooking, google plussing, twitting oversocializing world.
I want the old internet back. That's why I like BTC.
Because I'm grateful to Satoshi Nakamoto even though  I really don't know anything about him.

That's it. Sorry for being long
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dark0ne

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:40:02 PM

People if you dont like the coin or what it will be, leave it alone and regret later. Or do you also walk into any store in real-life and scream stuff you dont like without any reason.....?

Perfect.

Beware of those who urge you to sell. They seem to care about you, but not about those who would buy from you, as member @a3tje mentioned earlier. Wink

another VERY important point.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:49:51 PM

Waiting game lol - some traders try to sell but nobody whant to buy - and some want to buy but nobody want to sell.  The gap is huge, my best guess is the white paper will push the price up - hopefully enought to create a fun rally.

I pulled out all my sell orders (was the one playing with 50k or 100k orders).

No more resistance folks - pull out your sell orders too, lets help me creating a huuuuuuuuge green candle, to attract new traders in the game !

a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:51:07 PM

Good luck

Ya, satoshi is the origin dev and keep anon, but he is not the only dev of bitcoin.

I keep some silkcoin, so don't think I wanna silkcoin die, I am just asking something that I should ask, and I have right to know.

If you pretty sure silkcoin won't be scam, and you will refund me when it happen, I can just shut up.

Listen someone before pointed out that Satoshi still holds a huge amount of BTC.
So that's a premine scam too, isn't it?
That's not the point.
For me what's important is that BTC now exists. I'm investing in it, I believe in it as a way to make people aware of what money is. And not just that.

Coming back to our point I bought SC when it was around 1000 Satoshi. I'm supporting the network by leaving my wallet open and staking since the 9th of June. I think this can be a good altcoin. I like the way devs are dealing with us.
And I really don't care if they will make huge profits with it as long as they continue working on the project.

So, about you, I don't owe you anything. I think you know where to invest, what to do and whatever it takes.
I don't see why do I have to refund your errors.

Finally, I really don't care about anonimity in here, actually I kind of like it! That's why I'm here on Bitcoin Talk and not on facebook or twitter or whatever else.

See, I'm an old fashioned guy: I miss mailing lists, nice irc chats and so on when you're reputation was builded upon your actions and not who you were.
I really don't like this facebooking, google plussing, twitting oversocializing world.
I want the old internet back. That's why I like BTC.
Because I'm grateful to Satoshi Nakamoto even though  I really don't know anything about him.

That's it. Sorry for being long
Im in the 30 's and really understand what you are saying.  Honestly have never thought about it like this but some sort of anon does help to remove status issues or people screaming their status.  Its all about your vision, how you think and the things you can contribute.

Meaning to Say, I don't think It is oldfashion but more about people who have something to tell instead of something to give (money/goods)!

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:54:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 01:16:14 PM by Jacqul

Don't make the man important. Actually, I am really greatfull to megaman. Because of him the price is depressed under 4000 sat for a couple of days and I already managed to accumulate over 600k SC now. When we see 10 k in a couple of days, I might reward him. What do you guys think, would 0.5 btc be an appriopriate reward for him when SC reaches 10K?

SC will never exceed 6000 again which is actually lower than where I told you all to sell at. It will almost certainly be under 2000 by this time next week. If the dev sees the writing on the wall and dumps before then it will be even lower. You guys just make up prices while I tell it like it is.

I think so too, volume is drying up, only some believers holding on, they will panic sell soon. The premine % is shocking

please rethink your investment and don't be the new bagholder here!

So... who should we sell to?
Say I am a massive bag holder. Say I mined and bought 3 mil SC. Rhetorically of course.
Now you have so nicely warned me of this "scam" from the goodness of your heart.
So now I will sell.. who should I sell to?
You want other people to buy and become bag holders? That doesn't make sense.
If this is a scam then I guess I will just have to put up with my loss. I shouldn't pass it on to other folk who are poorer than me.
But you suggest I do that. Like a ponzi scheme eh?
That is not very nice of you.

One option is that you are actually the scammer. Either trying to extort money from the dev like our friend MEGAtroll.
Or you are trying to buy up cheap coins. Either way, you are a liar and a fraud.

No - by selling you are hurting the dev. The dev still has some premined coins he wants to unload otherwise he'd already be gone. A lot of those buy orders are either from the devs trying to prop the price back up (too late) or from really stupid people that will just lose their money regardless. It's one thing to be holding a bag of coins and holding out hope - it's hard to cut your losses and walk away even if you know it's the right move. It's another level of stupidity entirely when you're actually still out there buying Silkcoins. My primary motivation is for people to stop buying and cut the head off this scam. Buying coins just means you are supporting criminal activity. This eco-system will never amount to shit whitepaper or not. The dev is here for one reason - to string you along long enough to unload all of their premined coins. This guy would much rather start a new scam than try to nurture this one much longer. This isn't his first scam and isn't his last.

You seem to miss the point of the person you quoted.
For anyone to "sell" someone else needs to "buy".
That is how it works.

Go read his post again. (I highlighted it for you.)
I found it quite entertaining but maybe too complex for you to understand. Especially if your only motivation is FUD.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:06:00 PM

Waiting game lol - some traders try to sell but nobody whant to buy - and some want to buy but nobody want to sell.  The gap is huge, my best guess is the white paper will push the price up - hopefully enought to create a fun rally.

I pulled out all my sell orders (was the one playing with 50k or 100k orders).

No more resistance folks - pull out your sell orders too, lets help me creating a huuuuuuuuge green candle, to attract new traders in the game !

Agree.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
dark0ne

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:08:16 PM

Good luck

you sir, are quite very dense.

the very nature of silkcoin is that the devs should never have their identity known, ever.

i guess some of the people here do not truly see the "big picture" of silk coin..

a lot of people jump on board when they see a coin rising in a short period of time,

the smart pump and dump riders sold off all their SC weeks ago,
and they are buying back in now.

as for those with some patience, and those who know what's coming.... those in the know.. they don't worry at what price they have paid for SC at this point .. because the future-SC's floor hasn't even been touched yet.
acquafredda
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:12:52 PM

Im in the 30 's and really understand what you are saying.  Honestly have never thought about it like this but some sort of anon does help to remove status issues or people screaming their status.  Its all about your vision, how you think and the things you can contribute.

Meaning to Say, I don't think It is oldfashion but more about people who have something to tell instead of something to give (money/goods)!
[/quote]

We share the same age more or less.

I remember in 2001 I downloaded my first song with Napster: 45 minutes with an old 56K modem! Smiley
And even if it was really expensive to use Internet at that time I didn't care to leave the client open to share it with someone else.
That's the beauty behind eMule too. You give and take in a loop that involves someone who you'll never know anything about!
That's sharing.
And, maybe I'm too idealist, but that's what I like about this BTC World right now. And I'm conscious that everything has pros and cons.
I'm feeling like a Dogecoin supporter right now but it's nice to give something to someone who helped us even if it's over the internet.

Of course, my idealistic view is mitigated by the awareness of the trading world.
People here just care about prices and gettin' rich as soon as possible.

We're living in this enormous experiment called Bitcoin and no one knows where it's going to end.
As in the early days of the Internet I want to be here to feel part of it.
And then whatever happens it's okay.

Coming back on topic I hope that Silkcoin devs will really work hard on the ecosystem because that might be the key to the next altcoin world revolution.

So keep on staking and let's grow this community.

thanks

dark0ne

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:16:47 PM

Don't make the man important. Actually, I am really greatfull to megaman. Because of him the price is depressed under 4000 sat for a couple of days and I already managed to accumulate over 600k SC now. When we see 10 k in a couple of days, I might reward him. What do you guys think, would 0.5 btc be an appriopriate reward for him when SC reaches 10K?

SC will never exceed 6000 again which is actually lower than where I told you all to sell at. It will almost certainly be under 2000 by this time next week. If the dev sees the writing on the wall and dumps before then it will be even lower. You guys just make up prices while I tell it like it is.

I think so too, volume is drying up, only some believers holding on, they will panic sell soon. The premine % is shocking

Say I am a massive bag holder. Say I mined and bought 3 mil SC. Rhetorically of course.
Now you have so nicely warned me of this "scam" from the goodness of your heart.
If this is a scam then I guess I will just have to put up with my loss. I shouldn't pass it on to other folk who are poorer than me.

One option is that you are actually the scammer. Either trying to extort money from the dev like our friend MEGAtroll.
Or you are trying to buy up cheap coins. Either way, you are a liar and a fraud.

No - by selling you are hurting the dev. The dev still has some premined coins he wants to unload otherwise he'd already be gone. A lot of those buy orders are either from the devs trying to prop the price back up (too late) or from really stupid people that will just lose their money regardless. It's one thing to be holding a bag of coins and holding out hope - it's hard to cut your losses and walk away even if you know it's the right move. It's another level of stupidity entirely when you're actually still out there buying Silkcoins. My primary motivation is for people to stop buying and cut the head off this scam. Buying coins just means you are supporting criminal activity. This eco-system will never amount to shit whitepaper or not. The dev is here for one reason - to string you along long enough to unload all of their premined coins. This guy would much rather start a new scam than try to nurture this one much longer. This isn't his first scam and isn't his last.

You seem to miss the point of the person you quoted.
For anyone to "sell" someone else needs to "buy".
That is how it works.

Go read his post again.
I found it quite entertaining but maybe too complex for you to understand. Especially if your only motivation is FUD.

i think you missed the point of the person you are quoting .. his only motivation is to lower the price of SC to buy as much as he can at a low price.

MEGAman probably has a huge SC stash by this time, that he bought for the lowest price possible.

I bet he posts FUD until his buy order fills, and then sets a new even lower buy, etc etc.
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:21:53 PM

I remember in 2001 I downloaded my first song with Napster: 45 minutes with an old 56K modem! Smiley
And even if it was really expensive to use Internet at that time I didn't care to leave the client open to share it with someone else.
That's the beauty behind eMule too. You give and take in a loop that involves someone who you'll never know anything about!
That's sharing.
And, maybe I'm too idealist, but that's what I like about this BTC World right now. And I'm conscious that everything has pros and cons.
I'm feeling like a Dogecoin supporter right now but it's nice to give something to someone who helped us even if it's over the internet.

Of course, my idealistic view is mitigated by the awareness of the trading world.

We're living in this enormous experiment called Bitcoin and no one knows where it's going to end.

Coming back on topic I hope that Silkcoin devs will really work hard on the ecosystem because that might be the key to the next altcoin world revolution.

thanks

I see your post that resonates with me and raise you 3 camels and 1 moon.

To the guy above from me. You are right too.
vcoinminer0938

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:22:40 PM

you sir, are quite very dense.

the very nature of silkcoin is that the devs should never have their identity known, ever.

i guess some of the people here do not truly see the "big picture" of silk coin..

a lot of people jump on board when they see a coin rising in a short period of time,

the smart pump and dump riders sold off all their SC weeks ago,
and they are buying back in now.

as for those with some patience, and those who know what's coming.... those in the know.. they don't worry at what price they have paid for SC at this point .. because the future-SC's floor hasn't even been touched yet.

I didn't insult any one, just asking questions, did I insult anyone?
If yes, I say sorry to him.

Why you insult me?

I am here from day one, and still holding enough of silkcoin.
People like you always think everybody are stupid and for those who has question should suck themselves.

You know sharecoin is a big scam?
They not only create a coin, also created an exchange and collect money form everybody.
They just disappeared, nobody can find them, no clue, no identify from dev.
I was trying to give some suggestions to coin, and there was a guy attacking everybody who has questions there, You act just like him.

If you think you are smart enough and I am dense, why don't you promise everybody here if Silkcoin is a scam, you will refund everybody's money?
I bet you won't, because you can keep anon, so you say whatever you want.
You don't respect to others.

I still didn't look back to that guy nor sharecoin, but I think he is crying somewhere losing his money.
Perhaps you will just like him ??

Things happen just like sharecoin, and I am start thinking about to sell all my silkcoin.
fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

back on topic and more about improving the crypto experience...  Grin Grin

very simple, when you are wanting to clear out your wallet and bring balance to 0, it would be handy for it to auto work out the net amount after fees.

(if there is already an automatic way. then do knock some sense into me!)  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
vcoinminer0938

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

That's sharing.

thanks

You are much older than I am, perhaps you are right.
Just, I see too many scam in crypto world.
Sharecoin was one I really looked in, but it was a scam too.
Because I got free distribution, so I didn't invest to that too much.
But I am quite sad about that, it had good plan, good distribution, good reputation.
After that, I only invest coins are transparency, popular enough, or dev reveal identify.
Silkcoin is the only one that I am holding but not qualify as upon.

Still, if this coin isn't scam, it can be big. Smiley
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:37:24 PM

back on topic and more about improving the crypto experience...  Grin Grin

very simple, when you are wanting to clear out your wallet and bring balance to 0, it would be handy for it to auto work out the net amount after fees.

(if there is already an automatic way. then do knock some sense into me!)  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Couldn't you just send everything minus 0.01 or whatever you set your transaction fee?
If you are doing this so that you stake in one go, I am not sure if it really matters.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

What I see from your messages is:

Either you're too stupid to be alive and using the internet, or you're just average smart and bored. ( Hope you wont get offended. )

You're calling SC a scam, for what reason? Because of the premine? Haven't been watching this topic a lot, but now I'm getting more and more interested.
I'm about to invest 15BTC if I see it dipping more.
We're on the same boat, just, there's one difference between us. You're doing damage to this "eco-system", as you call it.
That's not bad tho. You're working for me in other words. I don't have to spread FUD, I got other people to do that for me and others.

So, I guess.. Thanks?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
vcoinminer0938

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

I don't have to spread FUD, I got other people to do that for me and others.
So, I guess.. Thanks?

Haha. We shouldn't blame him, we all need to thanks him, because of him, we can bagholder silk in low price.
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:49:33 PM

As promised, the White paper is ready for its first release. This is the first public version, consider it as a pre-release.

A few details were ommited and a few sections aren't fully detailed/completed but the main core is here, by reading this paper you will be able to understand how we can achieve to do this decentralized eco-system, you may need a few reads before understanding everything.

- A revision of the white paper will come next Friday the 27th June, adding more details and completing some incomplete parts.
- A new release fixing a few issues in the wallet with Mac compile is coming on Monday 23rd.
- And the Beta of the eco-system is still planned to come out in 2 weeks.

Enough typing, time for reading !

Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:52:38 PM

As promised, the White paper is ready for its first release. This is the first public version, consider it as a pre-release.

A few details were ommited and a few sections aren't fully detailed/completed but the main core is here, by reading this paper you will be able to understand how we can achieve to do this decentralized eco-system, you may need a few reads before understanding everything.

- A revision of the white paper will come next Friday the 27th June, adding more details and completing some incomplete parts.
- A new release fixing a few issues in the wallet with Mac compile is coming on Monday 23rd.

Woot  ( puts reading glasses on )

Q
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:53:39 PM

Woot  ( puts reading glasses on )

Q

Reading too! :-)
acquafredda
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:53:44 PM

You are much older than I am, perhaps you are right.
Just, I see too many scam in crypto world.
Sharecoin was one I really looked in, but it was a scam too.
Because I got free distribution, so I didn't invest to that too much.
But I am quite sad about that, it had good plan, good distribution, good reputation.
After that, I only invest coins are transparency, popular enough, or dev reveal identify.
Silkcoin is the only one that I am holding but not qualify as upon.
Still, if this coin isn't scam, it can be big. Smiley
[/quote]

This does not have anything to do with age. Don't worry.
Of course you see scam even in the cryptoworld. That's how it works. Here on the internet and outside.
And that's why I told that maybe 15 years ago for us a nickname was good enough. The anonimity was a good way to relate with people even though now it sounds crazy.

I can't give any advice to you. If you feel like selling SC no one is going to hold you.
But if you feel like this coin can still say something open the wallet and stake. And let's see what happens.

I just want to point out that SC, before Mintpal, had a very healthy growing path
https://coinmarketcap.com/sc_90.html
you can see the top is related to Mintpal's adding. Of course it happened, there are so many profit guys (and God knows what else) on it.

I can't say anything about sharecoin because I did not follow it.

See for yourself it's the only rule to be followed. No one is going to give you anything for free.

Sounds clear?
Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: