Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
fusi0n

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

back on topic and more about improving the crypto experience...  Grin Grin

very simple, when you are wanting to clear out your wallet and bring balance to 0, it would be handy for it to auto work out the net amount after fees.

(if there is already an automatic way. then do knock some sense into me!)  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Couldn't you just send everything minus 0.01 or whatever you set your transaction fee?
If you are doing this so that you stake in one go, I am not sure if it really matters.

Agree this auto 'send balance' functionality would be great.
Especially when the fees keep changing due to transaction size.

Though the priority should be the eco-system. This can be a nice to have in the backlog  Grin
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trezi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:53:33 PM

Some people may just be a little bit familiar with scientific publications... and even if this is only a whitepaper... it doesn't meet the scientific standards. Considering the fact that the scientific standard is relatively easy to obtain if one is used to it... the conclusion would be that the devs are not familiar in the scientific world...

I don't know which word processing system the dev used... it looks like Word... brrrrr... standard would be TeX. So I can understand if people panic sell...

Thanks for your impression of the format. Could you comment on the content?
Regarding familiarity with convention, do you believe this is important in the world in crypto currencies?

White paper is not a scientific document, it originated in government and law and is more commonly used in marketing in current times.

Well just look at the indents of the headlines or at the empty lines beneath it... there is no system at all. I believe that trust in the dev is important. This whitepaper looks a little sloppy - that's all what I wanted to say. I did not want to create FUD ... I hope it will be regarded as constructive criticism. Maybe there was time pressure - well nobody cares about that - that's life.

Whitepaper is no scientific document that's right... but on the other hand informatics is teached at universities. And I think a high standard would help crypto to gain reputation in general. As it is now I never know if there is a professional being behind a paper or some highschool kids. Although highschool kids may be the most creative people... difficult to judge. Notable exception would be XC.

Regarding the content: I'm not competent enough to judge this  Smiley
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:53:44 PM

someone put up a 16BTC sell wall just to scoop up some cheaper coins i think
You know what's funny? I'm tempted to buy.
If he holds it there for a longer period, I'll be able to buy cheaper. I'm about to buy 15BTC worth of SC.

Eat up his wall  Grin Do it!
Okay, I'll do so.
Just because someone on the internet told me to do it.
Hope it'll make you happy ;p

Decide for yourself but in the tide of shitcoins this is the safe harbour I hold LOT of SC too and I just hold and dont daytride and try to dump etc. If you can promise to do the same I would be glad there is another guy like me in the club Smiley
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:57:42 PM

If he holds it there for a longer period, I'll be able to buy cheaper. I'm about to buy 15BTC worth of SC.

Okay, I'll do so.

Decide for yourself but in the tide of shitcoins this is the safe harbour I hold LOT of SC too and I just hold and dont daytride and try to dump etc. If you can promise to do the same I would be glad there is another guy like me in the club Smiley
I'm just going to hold for one reason.
I've seen that those guys are dedicated to the coin.

SC wallet is just awesome.

https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin/status/479266983259942912

It's time to move the price up.
Got enough cheap coins.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
networkcoinage

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:01:20 PM

Here's Coins Source's Review of Silkcoin:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/silkcoin/

ps. We are still very interested in doing an email interview with the Silkcoin Dev and are awaiting your response.

arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:01:36 PM

Okay, I'll do so.

Holding 250k on cold storage.  Aint goin anywhere.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:04:55 PM

ps. We are still very interested in doing an email interview with the Silkcoin Dev and are awaiting your response.

We're still interested, just didn't get the time yet Smiley.
Thanks for your blog post, will send you a bounty.

Regarding the white paper this is a pre-release so everyone may have a look at the theory and concept it's not at ALL the final version, that's why it may appear incomplete or not well presented in some of its parts. Next revision will be released friday.
Also it's a.doc because we handed it over to some of the team members for proof-reading (don't want to have grammatical mistakes in the paper  Wink)
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:05:50 PM

Hi Community,

I have to be honest with you guys.  I was not immediately happy with the white paper.  After a brief skim I put up the 500k sell wall on Mintpal @ 3400 sat.  I had asked to review the paper ahead of time but was not afforded the opportunity.  I would have suggested a delay to polish it up.

After getting over being slightly annoyed at not getting to review the document ahead of time I gave the document another review.

It is painfully obvious that writing white papers is not the devs strong suit.  Why would you quote wikipedia as a reference ever?

That aside what make me take down the sell wall is that I do believe that the dev has vision.  I don't think expression of that vision is his strong suit, but I did see and share the vision from the first posts I read.

If the team can deliver on this paper Silk Coin will be worth more than bitcoin.  If they can't the coin will be worthless.

I am going to hold... I think they have a shot at this.

This may sound harsh, but I am just giving it straight as I see it.

Judge Crypto
arteleis

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:06:33 PM

Nice review!

Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Some people may just be a little bit familiar with scientific publications... and even if this is only a whitepaper... it doesn't meet the scientific standards. Considering the fact that the scientific standard is relatively easy to obtain if one is used to it... the conclusion would be that the devs are not familiar in the scientific world...

I don't know which word processing system the dev used... it looks like Word... brrrrr... standard would be TeX. So I can understand if people panic sell...

Thanks for your impression of the format. Could you comment on the content?
Regarding familiarity with convention, do you believe this is important in the world in crypto currencies?

White paper is not a scientific document, it originated in government and law and is more commonly used in marketing in current times.

Well just look at the indents of the headlines or at the empty lines beneath it... there is no system at all. I believe that trust in the dev is important. This whitepaper looks a little sloppy - that's all what I wanted to say. I did not want to create FUD ... I hope it will be regarded as constructive criticism. Maybe there was time pressure - well nobody cares about that - that's life.

Whitepaper is no scientific document that's right... but on the other hand informatics is teached at universities. And I think a high standard would help crypto to gain reputation in general. As it is now I never know if there is a professional being behind a paper or some highschool kids. Although highschool kids may be the most creative people... difficult to judge. Notable exception would be XC.

Regarding the content: I'm not competent enough to judge this  Smiley

I actually completely agree with you. I also feel prefer a professional looking format and attention to detail (spelling etc).
I suspect you have academic background and that you are familiar with the difficulties of academic publishing.

On the other hand, I don't really want my silkcoin devs to spend their time trying to live up to the expectations of the academic establishment. It seems to me they have a vision and that their talent lies in coding and seeing the possibilities and power of the blockchain.
If they can actually find a way to build a social network on the blockchain in a usable format, that would be immense.

I suspect there was time pressure. They have been working hard to get everything out as they promised and for me personally it inspires great trust.
Even having half a document today is much better than having no document today.

On the other hand, I also don't think they need to rush this. The market creates false expectations but what people need to remember is that there are quite a few people playing games with the exchanges. They might feel under pressure to try and keep the price buoyed up with new releases, but the price will follow the invention. If they keep calm and steady and carry on with their plan, Silkcoin will be successful.

(Also devs thanks for getting it proofread, as you can see there are harsh critics out there!)
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

Judge I understand your point of view, as I said this is to expose the theory to the community, the paper will be polished.
I think it was time the community knew what we planned for the future, could not wait another week with all that FUD going on.

Also yes, we are not used to academic publishing, and we tried to explain our vision the best way we could with the little time we had available. Development of the system is already quite advanced, this paper was mainly to explain to the community what we were doing since beta phase will come soon.

Next revision on friday will be way more polished as we are already getting inputs from the community.
Leesminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:09:39 PM

Hi Community,

I have to be honest with you guys.  I was not immediately happy with the white paper.  After a brief skim I put up the 500k sell wall on Mintpal @ 3400 sat.  I had asked to review the paper ahead of time but was not afforded the opportunity.  I would have suggested a delay to polish it up.

After getting over being slightly annoyed at not getting to review the document ahead of time I gave the document another review.

It is painfully obvious that writing white papers is not the devs strong suit.  Why would you quote wikipedia as a reference ever?

That aside what make me take down the sell wall is that I do believe that the dev has vision.  I don't think expression of that vision is his strong suit, but I did see and share the vision from the first posts I read.

If the team can deliver on this paper Silk Coin will be worth more than bitcoin.  If they can't the coin will be worthless.

Judge Crypto
How much more SC did you buy?
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:12:02 PM

Hi Community,

Judge Crypto

I have not bought anymore.  At this point I have slightly more than 1% of all coins.  Like I said this could be bigger than Bitcoin.  At that rate 500k would be enough for me. Wink
arteleis

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:12:10 PM

onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

Hi Community,

Judge Crypto

er...quote wikipedia did sound unprofessional..but the vision is great
sala2001

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:16:33 PM

So do you think we'll get a little pump tonight?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:17:31 PM

I don't want a pump...i want a stable uprising...a pump results in a dump
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:18:54 PM

I don't want a pump...i want a stable uprising...a pump results in a dump
It really depends. Pumps can be good as well, if you know why you shouldn't dump.
DRK has been pumped so many times, but it's still there. Even there are 50% of existing coins premined or instamined.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
arteleis

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:19:02 PM

Waiting game lol - some traders try to sell but nobody whant to buy - and some want to buy but nobody want to sell.  The gap is huge, my best guess is the white paper will push the price up - hopefully enought to create a fun rally.

I pulled out all my sell orders (was the one playing with 50k or 100k orders).

No more resistance folks - pull out your sell orders too, lets help me creating a huuuuuuuuge green candle, to attract new traders in the game !

Agree.  Pull all sell orders.  Unite as community.

Leesminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:20:32 PM

Hi Community,

Judge Crypto

I have not bought anymore.  At this point I have slightly more than 1% of all coins.  Like I said this could be bigger than Bitcoin.  At that rate 500k would be enough for me. Wink
Thanks was not trying to make it seem like a snippy question, but understand that most people who try to move a coin one way or another seem to do so for a short term personal gain, your thoughts on the white paper are valued, but I would say its always better to contact the source and ask questions rather then knee jerk reactions, you seem like a smart guy/gal.  I wont complain I made this a buying opp because I like many see a vision here, but I agree with the Dev with all the FUD that was going around, a quick injection of future plans polished or not added credit and value to the over all project.
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: