Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:37:21 AM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

Thats not bad idea actually. Lets see what the dev says Smiley

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I will happily donate.
But can you explain to me why the dev fund needs to be destroyed and recreated?
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

Very well said. I also think, it's not in favor of Silkcoin that we start another discussion about destroying some premine and replacing it by a new wallet with coins. all investors here believe in the dev and this coin, no matter if the premine is 1% or 5%. let the dev do his work, he never disappointed us. Don't forget that we ( bagholders) were really happy that the second POW delivered only 50% more coins instead of 100%. So the rise in price for our own coin we liked. And now some people don't like the rise in percentage of the premine...

+1 - Exactly - You beg for a reduction in coins then a few complain it bumps the pre-mine percent up??  Devs have done zero to disappoint and everything to earn our praise thus far and in my mind deserve every bit of the current pre-mine %.  

I run a couple of free coin giveaway threads on another forum and the one I was running a couple of weeks back for Zimstake was the most popular, that was until SC came on and was giving away 15 SC for one vote on MintPal, blew my free giveaway out of the water.  Those pre-mine funds are going to very good use and being distributed fairly to the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitTome

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:10:53 AM

For sake of GOD, don't destroy premine, you need money for your good work, use them for the future development. Every work must be paid if somebody think other way, than after reading this post you must work for free, eat grass and live in a box.

+1
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:20:31 AM

Ok, so, I been on vacation this past week and a half with no internet access and I don't feel like reading a bazillion pages to find out what happend.  So, what's the TLDR version of why SC price is so low?  Undecided
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:36:36 AM

FFS, if they get rid of the premine the trolls win, and it'll make the dev's look like they had bad intentions all along and only did it to save face. A better proposal is to use some of it to hire a professional writer to proof-read the final release of the white paper as we all know it's going to be scrutinized for every typo and run on sentence by said FUD'ers.

<Insert favorite coin here>
fat mike

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:37:57 AM

The camel is slowly sinking in quick sand, dump now before the bitcoin you invested in this shit coin evaporates before your eyes. .
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:40:07 AM

Ok, so, I been on vacation this past week and a half with no internet access and I don't feel like reading a bazillion pages to find out what happend.  So, what's the TLDR version of why SC price is so low?  Undecided

It's a premined scamcoin and people are starting to figure it out. 4.5% premine, a dev with zero reputation  pre-silkcoin, potential links to multiple previous scams, people realizing the code base is extremely outdated for a new coin. Basically everyone is starting to realize it's just another hyped up Yellowcoin or Whitecoin. It will just keep getting dumped down to nothing. Nothing left to create a rise in value.
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:43:19 AM

Ok, so, I been on vacation this past week and a half with no internet access and I don't feel like reading a bazillion pages to find out what happend.  So, what's the TLDR version of why SC price is so low?  Undecided

Lots of FUD on the thread with a rather inexplicable drop in price apparently has people worried that SC is a scam. While there is really zero evidence to indicate that it is. I haven't really heard any legitimate reason for the drop in price. So I'm just still buying.

So essentially there is no real reason at all.
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:43:52 AM

Ok, so, I been on vacation this past week and a half with no internet access and I don't feel like reading a bazillion pages to find out what happend.  So, what's the TLDR version of why SC price is so low?  Undecided

BLAH BLAH BLAH

You are just a moron, go play in traffic.  Roll Eyes
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:46:03 AM

So now there's this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.0
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:47:50 AM

Coin is dead..let it die.

We dont need ecosystem we need tor anon

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
fat mike

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:01:59 AM

lol the funny thing is the bag holders trying to bring it to life instead of cutting their losses and moving on, it's so stupid i can hardly believe it.
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:09:25 AM

As promised the new wallet version is out today. And as always I'll update you with the latest news from the devs.

--Update is not mandatory--

-- Mac will be released later tonight, I'm going to get the mac right now to build the compile--

Let's start by talking about this update.

We listened to all you had to say and tried our best to improve the current wallet and solve all the current bugs and glitches.

*Lot's of UI improvements, fonts more readable, visual glitches solved ui parts finished. Also a few network bugs were solved.
*An unlock button right in your Dashboard, just beside the stacking tutorial for new comers.
*A whole new Market Data tab with MintPal, Bittrex and Cryptsy integrated. You asked for Mintpal and an overview panel, you got it Smiley. This is in prevision of the next update built-in exchanger, I'll talk about that later in this post.
*A few IRC bugs solved, as you may have noticed the client was still in construction. No more points instead of spaces and a much better response time.
*And yes we also integrated the "Minimize to taskbar" button on top of the "Minimize to tray" since a lot of you complained about missing it.

Now let's talk about the roadmap.. Most of the time as you have seen in the past we prefer releasing than talking about it for days because announcing great features always bring haters, fudders, impatients and pumpers. But this time I'll let you know a bit more what the current plans are and what the future holds for Silkcoin.

Next Update :

Will be in ~10 days, we will integrate the exchange feature into the market tab and a trading bot is coming but it's not 100% sure it will be included in the next release with trading.
Due to a big community demand games will be integrated in the wallet, at first it will be a simple betting game but we plan to expand this area in the future.
Also a big rework is being done on the IRC tab. After the next update we'll start to have a decent wallet  Wink.

The eco-system :

The release of the white paper is still planned for the end of the week so I will not talk a lot about it this time. If everything goes well we will start the beta phase about 2 weeks after the white paper, the beta should not last for long as the system is already very solid and we're constantly running tests.

For those of you who were criticizing the lack of information, I will still give you the same arguments : we started Silkcoin without talking about the eco-system and did not want to unveil it so soon because we knew without a white paper it would attract fudders & paranoïa. Also a lot of "secrets" are present in this white paper, we want to make sure we're advanced enough on the development side before making it public. But I reassure you, it's not quite finished I'm not making you wait Wink.

Anyway it's been 1 month and 8 days, judge by what you seen. We're at the 5th update and our community is growing stronger everyday, the wallet is now far away from the others and even if you look at our clones they can't even hold the speed of our updates or worse can't even copy our existing features.

Dev Roadmap:

Here is the order of priority and how the most important events of silkcoin are supposed to happen in the next 30 days:

- First the release of the White Paper Friday.
- Followed by a big update including the built-in exchanger and first game
- Private beta for the eco-system will begin
- Then we'll launch the Multi-pool, we're already talking with a few pool managers who are interested in working with us, but we haven't decided yet; We may build it ourself.
- The launch of the Eco-system with social features and decentralized exchanger. For now this is planned in ~1 month, it can be faster but it can also be delayed.
- The launch of the decentralized marketplace, yes we reconsidered it and we will launch the marketplace with a trust system we'll explain later.

The rest of the roadmap is still uncertain regarding timeframes but will include for sure :

- 2FA authentification, our devs have already started the work on double signatures this is not going to be a very long dev so it may come as a surprise feature Wink.
- Blockchain games in the wallet, followed by network games (all betting games, first game will be introduced next release).
- Anon, I would prefer not to talk a lot about it but we've been working for quite a long time now on Zerocoin implementation, it's not finished at all but yet shows promise since we thought it would've been impossible to integrate but we got back on it and found some interesting solutions.. We find most of the other alternatives (the one we can apply like darksend) not interesting.
Once again most of the time I prefer avoiding the subject because it atracts and feeds fudders and also because this is not the main feature, the eco-system is.
- A few other functions for the eco-system we currently looking what we could do without bloating the blockchain. You'll understand soon why we have endless possibilities when you read the white paper Smiley.

Well now you know what to expect.

Enjoy the new version, enjoy Silkcoin and good trades to you !

See you Friday for the white paper  Cool

Ps : I'm updating all links with the new wallet

Another update to the wallet on Monday I believe.
These guys move fast.
fat mike

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:10:56 AM

Good for holding thousands of worthless silk coins. .
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:27:25 AM

Best working and looking wallet in crypto world at the moment.
Being copied far and wide, always a testament to success.

Exciting that with 3 BTC you can buy 100 000 SC at the moment. POS means 2% return: > 2000 SC because of accumulative returns.
I expect as soon as wallet built-in tradingbot and games emerge we will see this in many other coins as well.

This is the deeper plan:

The proposed model of Crypto-currency will provide an Eco-System with security,
scalability, privacy features and censorship free features
. The key of this system is the
registration handled by the blockchain, such P2P networks may already exist but all
via centralized registration and no incentives for users to support the network.
The whole system is based on Bitcoin and P2P, those two networks have proved in
the past to be resistant to attacks. In order to be able to trade on a data-based
system, a reputation algorithm will be enforced stored on the blockchain and pool
voting will be used to solve disputes.

The communication between users is secured and easily encrypted while data is
served almost instantly via the distribute hash table. With such a system, not a lot of
data needs to be included in the blockchain since it is handled by the P2P network.
This opens the door to many different uses, we can decentralize any existing system
(Marketplace, Wikipedia…), but too much data would hurt scalability/memory usage
of the network and go against the main decentralization idea, so the solution to this
would be better to spread services over different currencies.
yaga

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:51:05 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 07:08:25 AM by yaga

Best working and looking wallet in crypto world at the moment.
Being copied far and wide, always a testament to success.

Exciting that with 3 BTC you can buy 100 000 SC at the moment. POS means 2% return: > 2000 SC because of accumulative returns.
I expect as soon as wallet built-in tradingbot and games emerge we will see this in many other coins as well.

This is the deeper plan:

The proposed model of Crypto-currency will provide an Eco-System with security,
scalability, privacy features and censorship free features
. The key of this system is the
registration handled by the blockchain, such P2P networks may already exist but all
via centralized registration and no incentives for users to support the network.
The whole system is based on Bitcoin and P2P, those two networks have proved in
the past to be resistant to attacks. In order to be able to trade on a data-based
system, a reputation algorithm will be enforced stored on the blockchain and pool
voting will be used to solve disputes.

The communication between users is secured and easily encrypted while data is
served almost instantly via the distribute hash table. With such a system, not a lot of
data needs to be included in the blockchain since it is handled by the P2P network.
This opens the door to many different uses, we can decentralize any existing system
(Marketplace, Wikipedia…), but too much data would hurt scalability/memory usage
of the network and go against the main decentralization idea, so the solution to this
would be better to spread services over different currencies.
This is even more interesting than I expected, really wait for beta. It can be future of social networks.
PS: we have 3k wallets above 0 before 2 PoW, now we have 3150 :/ still no demand, unfortunately. All rising of prices without increasing in adopters - perfectly clean speculative bubbles. The price reflects the number of users. The more people need infrastructure SC - higher the price. That's it. Really can't understand what you talking about here last 100 (one hundred) pages.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:02:06 AM

lol the funny thing is the bag holders trying to bring it to life instead of cutting their losses and moving on, it's so stupid i can hardly believe it.

lol the funny thing is megaman made a new account, has nothing to win to stay around here and spread noinsense, but he isn't moving on. It's so stupid i can hardly believe it.
fat mike

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:07:46 AM

I am not megaman, i had 80 000 silk coins and decided to dump them before they were completely worthless, you can too, before it's too late . .
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:29:42 AM

I am not megaman, i had 80 000 silk coins and decided to dump them before they were completely worthless, you can too, before it's too late . .
Haha Thanks you for the fact based posts and constructive feedback. Really done well how you explain why this coin is dead.
SARCASM MODE OFF

We know this is all the same group/guy who only wants to buy cheap. Why would anybody write stuff about their tradestyle or whatever when they are not going to benefit from it. Or do I suddenly have made a lot of new friends who try to help me?

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
fat mike

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:04:12 AM

HAHA ok but wait a few days for when the price is .000015 that way you can get twice as many!!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:21:43 AM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

Thats not bad idea actually. Lets see what the dev says Smiley

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I will happily donate.
But can you explain to me why the dev fund needs to be destroyed and recreated?
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

Very well said. I also think, it's not in favor of Silkcoin that we start another discussion about destroying some premine and replacing it by a new wallet with coins. all investors here believe in the dev and this coin, no matter if the premine is 1% or 5%. let the dev do his work, he never disappointed us. Don't forget that we ( bagholders) were really happy that the second POW delivered only 50% more coins instead of 100%. So the rise in price for our own coin we liked. And now some people don't like the rise in percentage of the premine...

+1 - Exactly - You beg for a reduction in coins then a few complain it bumps the pre-mine percent up??  Devs have done zero to disappoint and everything to earn our praise thus far and in my mind deserve every bit of the current pre-mine %.  

I run a couple of free coin giveaway threads on another forum and the one I was running a couple of weeks back for Zimstake was the most popular, that was until SC came on and was giving away 15 SC for one vote on MintPal, blew my free giveaway out of the water.  Those pre-mine funds are going to very good use and being distributed fairly to the community.

Completley agree.
I think most of these trolls are people who are latecomers and want to buy in cheap!
HODL!!!!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: