Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:08:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dreamcoin [DRM] - X11 - PoW/PoS - Poloniex - Bittrex ~ 15% PoS!  (Read 100358 times)
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:37:47 PM

If the Zerocoin devs work with the dreamcoin devs on this project then i'm sure they would want to keep the original name. However, since I believe it is unfinished and open source I think DRM dev could technically call it whatever he likes if i'm not mistaken. Obviously, this I think depends on the original creators and whether they get involved or not.

As a "bagholder" of DRM my only worry is that the outside work dreamcoin dev has could impede the progress of this project, which is why it is basically essential that multiple devs who know what they are doing coding wise lend their help to this.  (In other words, if you are an outsider reading this thread, and you know you have the skills to help...now is a great time to build your reputation to new heights! Smiley )

Yeah. The issue with keeping the original name "zerocoin" is if the original dev's decide to trademark it, we're SOL. If DRM dev tries to trademark it. It'll get rejected once the zerocoin devs file for it since they are the first to use that term.  I think we should have our own term like how darkcoin has darksend.  Dreamworks sounds good to me. It doesn't mean we can't advertise that DW is the completed version of zerocoin.  This is gonna be sick when it's completed. Just thinking about it will lead to wet dreams!  lol!!!

Its best if it stays Zerocoin lol, why go thru making a new code just for the sake of having a name? And this code name does not change anything really.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

This all sounds real great, can't wait. But the name could be something like Dreamsend, or similar since Dreamworks is film company. I will begin to work on the Promotional animation tomorrow, great things coming up

- Tomi

Yes, Dreamworks is a film company but we are in a different TM category so their trademark doesn't affect us.  I really don't like "send" at the end because it could be read as "Dreams End" which is not a good thing. HaHa. There's no end for us, we're just starting!
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

If the Zerocoin devs work with the dreamcoin devs on this project then i'm sure they would want to keep the original name. However, since I believe it is unfinished and open source I think DRM dev could technically call it whatever he likes if i'm not mistaken. Obviously, this I think depends on the original creators and whether they get involved or not.

As a "bagholder" of DRM my only worry is that the outside work dreamcoin dev has could impede the progress of this project, which is why it is basically essential that multiple devs who know what they are doing coding wise lend their help to this.  (In other words, if you are an outsider reading this thread, and you know you have the skills to help...now is a great time to build your reputation to new heights! Smiley )

Yeah. The issue with keeping the original name "zerocoin" is if the original dev's decide to trademark it, we're SOL. If DRM dev tries to trademark it. It'll get rejected once the zerocoin devs file for it since they are the first to use that term.  I think we should have our own term like how darkcoin has darksend.  Dreamworks sounds good to me. It doesn't mean we can't advertise that DW is the completed version of zerocoin.  This is gonna be sick when it's completed. Just thinking about it will lead to wet dreams!  lol!!!

Its best if it stays Zerocoin lol, why go thru making a new code just for the sake of having a name? And this code name does not change anything really.

Can't we just keep same code and everything but now that it's complete. We rename it.  No harm, no foul.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:41:51 PM

Can't we just keep same code and everything but now that it's complete. We rename it.  No harm, no foul.

Dont discuss this for now, control ur emotions look for proffesional coders to suggest to the dev. A name change wont do anything useful while ths suggestion will
Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:45:17 PM

This all sounds real great, can't wait. But the name could be something like Dreamsend, or similar since Dreamworks is film company. I will begin to work on the Promotional animation tomorrow, great things coming up

- Tomi

Loistavaa!
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

Dont discuss this for now, control ur emotions look for proffesional coders to suggest to the dev. A name change wont do anything useful while ths suggestion will

Yeah. Name can come later or what not. What's up with DREAMBiG? Is this something he is qualified and interested in?
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:50:07 PM

My question is...If Evan releases the source to darksend(rumors said he has or will soon), do we just incorporate that into dream coin or attempt the zerocoin route?

This is something that should definitely be discussed.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:53:32 PM

My question is...If Evan releases the source to darksend(rumors said he has or will soon), do we just incorporate that into dream coin or attempt the zerocoin route?

This is something that should definitely be discussed.

It is possible to merge both Zerocoin code and Darksend to create a new much effieicint code, but the question is when he does it. Until then its better to just hire more coders and work on coding zerocoin. Calculations suggest 2 weeks with another coder fully finished
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:01:12 PM

Last pages of this topic is getting interesting!  Cheesy

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:45:53 PM

DRK is on fire! Hope DRM is next!  Grin
DREAMBiG

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

The last meaningful commit on libzerocoin was Feb 21st.  That's nearly 3 months ago.  I don't think the assumption that the dreamcoin dev will "continue" libzerocoin or "fix" it is all that rational or realistic if he is working for free and has other coins to worry about.  The original libzerocoin team had 4 members, and dozens of contributors on github, yet they were forced to abandon ship.  Unless there is a huge bounty pool for the dev and any additional devs to be brought on, the best we could hope for would be the dreamcoin dev to fully integrate DRM with the current 3 month old libzerocoin and hope for the best.

SYNC: SYNCBiGc2HqfkLRJ4QqY85Gf3ZeqeD4xZS
DREAM: DREAMBiGdxQw7EkVzrZoZqN5QtoKTE2jqH
coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:53:23 PM

The last meaningful commit on libzerocoin was Feb 21st.  That's nearly 3 months ago.  I don't think the assumption that the dreamcoin dev will "continue" libzerocoin or "fix" it is all that rational or realistic if he is working for free and has other coins to worry about.  The original libzerocoin team had 4 members, and dozens of contributors on github, yet they were forced to abandon ship.  Unless there is a huge bounty pool for the dev and any additional devs to be brought on, the best we could hope for would be the dreamcoin dev to fully integrate DRM with the current 3 month old libzerocoin and hope for the best.

Doesn't that just mean most of the work was done already? It's not like he's trying to reproduce everything they ever did, he's just implementing their work.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:02:24 PM

Thats exactly what im saying, donate all u can to his private addy and Dadon's idea of hiring a 3rd dev is an excellent idea
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:05:40 PM

Doesn't that just mean most of the work was done already? It's not like he's trying to reproduce everything they ever did, he's just implementing their work.

Reason old dev left was because noone was paying them for their work. However in DRM's case Carsen is going to get paid very well in fact that he can maybe even buy his own house at some point
DREAMBiG

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:10:51 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 07:22:24 PM by DREAMBiG

If you read some of the previous posts, there are people here that think he's going beyond implementing, suggesting that he is "continuing" development on libzerocoin to "complete" it.  I am merely stating my opinion that those assumptions are unrealistic given that the difficulty of the task was such that the original team gave up.  I am not doubting that the dreamcoin dev isn't capable, only that the economics are not in his favor.

coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:13:56 PM

If you read some of the previous posts, there people here that think he's going beyond implementing, suggesting that he is "continuing" development on libzerocoin to "complete" it.  I am merely stating my opinion that those assumptions are unrealistic given that the difficulty of the task was such that the original team gave up.  I am not doubting that the dreamcoin dev isn't capable, only that the economics are not in his favor.

I didn't personally follow the Zerocoin development that much. Isn't the primary reason they abandoned the project that it was never going to be added to Bitcoin, not that it was too difficult?
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:15:41 PM

In my opinion the moment darksend source is released we will see a flood of new coins using it, unless there is time to implement zerocoin, it may be in the coins best interest to be the first coin outside DRK to implement it. I'm saying this mostly due to the work and time constraints DRM dev may be facing. Plus Dreamcoin already has a growing community and would have an initial advantage over competition, which we all know is getting ridiculous these days.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

In my opinion the moment darksend source is released we will see a flood of new coins using it, unless there is time to implement zerocoin, it may be in the coins best interest to be the first coin outside DRK to implement it. I'm saying this mostly due to the work and time constraints DRM dev may be facing. Plus Dreamcoin already has a growing community and would have an initial advantage over competition, which we all know is getting ridiculous these days.

It doesnt matter if zerocoin is 2nd, the worlds best innovation wasnt the one that came first but the better one. Btw Zerocoin is decentralized while Darksend encourages massive holders benifiting their 2mill DRKs lol.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:21:41 PM

It doesnt matter if zerocoin is 2nd, the worlds best innovation wasnt the one that came first but the better one. Btw Zerocoin is decentralized while Darksend encourages massive holders benifiting their 2mill DRKs lol.

True this is the other side of the issue I didn't even think about. I guess only time will tell since I cannot code myself, it's out of our hands until a more official statement is made. Dreamcoin, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Edit: On a completely different note, it would be extremely helpful to continue pushing DRM awareness to the masses everyone, even trollboxes have a few supporters of this coin. It would be a great idea to explain the value of DRM in the poloniex trollbox so more people come to grow the community and thus the value of this coin.
DREAMBiG

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

I didn't personally follow the Zerocoin development that much. Isn't the primary reason they abandoned the project that it was never going to be added to Bitcoin, not that it was too difficult?

I would say both circumstances played a role.  The difficulty was enough where not being included in Bitcoin meant the effort was no longer worthwhile.  For one part time coin developer to pickup where 4 left off, with the sole incentive being to boost his own coin, it has to be a labor of love.  

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: