Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

OFFICIAL LOGO/GRAPHICS/THEME CONTEST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683256.msg7749504#msg7749504

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noucome008

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:07:11 AM

if someone buys 12500 uro instant 0.4 per uro coin
whymine

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:21:28 AM

I'm think it will be difficult to accumulate to 12500 URO now because of two reasons which are price (is on the raise) and available coin to buy from sell order less 10,000 URO.

If they are lot of trader going to get FULL 12500 URO, how are they going to get it right away?
Grinderman

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:35:55 AM

Hi True Asset,

I have been following URO since it was launched.

I am looking at importing UREA, I am in the import business and have spoken to my clearing agent and he is able to provide this service for me. I just need to find out, is there any way of getting a smaller shipment then 12500MT in the early days. If not, can you give me info on the volumetric weight of a 12500MT shipment, I have a connection with big farmers in South Africa and am very keen to prove your service.

Can you contact me so we can discuss this further.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:50:52 AM

I think the price would rise even faster if there were more coins on sale (for once).  Nobody wants to sell so the exchange prices don't change and the whales are able to do their trick where they sell a tiny amount to themselves at a stupidly low price and make the "official" price lower for longer.  If exchanges would only change their "official" price from the last sale price to a 1 hr average or something this wouldn't happen.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:44:44 AM

I think the price would rise even faster if there were more coins on sale (for once).  Nobody wants to sell so the exchange prices don't change and the whales are able to do their trick where they sell a tiny amount to themselves at a stupidly low price and make the "official" price lower for longer.  If exchanges would only change their "official" price from the last sale price to a 1 hr average or something this wouldn't happen.

Possible, but it won't happen yet, we've yet to see how these commodity backed crypto's are accepted by the markets. In the future there may be a way to peg the coin to the current market price of urea, and have this rate displayed at exchanges.

For now though, this coin is very cheap. In fact it's stupidly cheap. If the minimum order is 12,500 tonnes, and urea is $300 a tonne, then even if you had to pay $200 per URO, this would save you $1,250,000 on the whole shipment.

When people see proof of the first order, URO will be bought off the book so fast it will be a blur of numbers. 
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:51:28 AM

I think the price would rise even faster if there were more coins on sale (for once).  Nobody wants to sell so the exchange prices don't change and the whales are able to do their trick where they sell a tiny amount to themselves at a stupidly low price and make the "official" price lower for longer.  If exchanges would only change their "official" price from the last sale price to a 1 hr average or something this wouldn't happen.

Possible, but it won't happen yet, we've yet to see how these commodity backed crypto's are accepted by the markets. In the future there may be a way to peg the coin to the current market price of urea, and have this rate displayed at exchanges.

For now though, this coin is very cheap. In fact it's stupidly cheap. If the minimum order is 12,500 tonnes, and urea is $300 a tonne, then even if you had to pay $200 per URO, this would save you $1,250,000 on the whole shipment.

When people see proof of the first order, URO will be bought off the book so fast it will be a blur of numbers.  

Is a reason urea is $350 a metric ton and uro is 3.00 a coin. People are not trading 350 worth of value for a 3.00 coin.

I can make a gold coin, say someone gonna back it with gold, each coin would not = 1,300+ USD.

I love the idea. But people saying its undervalued cause urea is x per ton really need to rethink the argument a bit more.

Urea to create takes x amount of energy / effort. If the coin value does not even equal that, How many people will continue to sell real urea for a loss to support the idea? I dunno. The market needs to prove demand first.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:56:19 AM

I think the price would rise even faster if there were more coins on sale (for once).  Nobody wants to sell so the exchange prices don't change and the whales are able to do their trick where they sell a tiny amount to themselves at a stupidly low price and make the "official" price lower for longer.  If exchanges would only change their "official" price from the last sale price to a 1 hr average or something this wouldn't happen.

If 1 order of urea is bought for 350 usd 1:1 It should justifiably move the market valuation up how much? I am not trying to be a holder of the coin, bashing people to get cheap shares. I just see a lot of bubble type mentality in this thread. Once the hype comes out, people get hurt.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
coinpirate

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:05:20 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 12:15:56 PM by coinpirate

Guys, it's not a complicated concept.....

All it takes is one wealthy investor to buy 12,500 uro coins, use them to purchase 12,500 tons of urea and then sell that urea for a multi-million dollar profit.

What's the next thing that investor would do? Well obviously they would go rush to buy another 12,500 coins so that they could buy more urea and make another killing. But as they rush to buy coins, what happens to the price?

Then more investors become interested, and on and on....

It's not wishful thinking, it's economics 101.
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:18:12 PM

All it takes is one wealthy investor to buy 12,500 uro coins, use them to purchase 12,500 tons of urea and then sell that urea for a multi-million dollar profit.

What's the next thing that investor would do? Well obviously they would go rush to buy another 12,500 coins so that they could buy more urea and make another killing. But as they rush to buy coins, what happens to the price?

It's not wishful thinking, economics 101.

But making this successful initially need 2-sides mass contribution, I mean at least seller have to invest its first portion (some one have to arrange 12500 URO too). If just one successful shipment is completed then price will be BTC:URO 1:1 a simple matter just imagine demand VS supply.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
davisgreen

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:19:27 PM

Once things are established - i think 1 uro can go higher than the urea/ usd price as using uro will save in thousands of bank fee (which of course will get you more urea) and will reduce the time delay in clearance of funds internationally and stuff. Time=money

But for all this to happen, there need to be all the infrastructure and uro eco system in place where the actual users of urea have started purchasing urea with their uro certificates for their next season urea supply.

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:40:10 PM

Once things are established - i think 1 uro can go higher than the urea/ usd price as using uro will save in thousands of bank fee (which of course will get you more urea) and will reduce the time delay in clearance of funds internationally and stuff. Time=money

But for all this to happen, there need to be all the infrastructure and uro eco system in place where the actual users of urea have started purchasing urea with their uro certificates for their next season urea supply.

Where will the incentive be to produce the Urea itself? If you can create urea from a computer algo the benefit to party A has to be the same as party B.

Are any economics people in the house that realize you are creating a fiat currency in crypto. The thing crypto wanted to avoid? Your centralizing the market to a group of urea investors. Who, in the pump of this all are supposed to take a 99% loss selling it for the "ease" of uro coins, rather than the open market price, which has no problem being accepted. The margins are already in urea pricing, so that business can make profit at the current price points.

Margins on urea are not greater than 99%. So ask yourself. If you are a business selling a product with a large market, where liquidity is NOT an issue. Would you take a 99% loss to use a coin like uro? What are the benefits of URO over say bitcoin? Name? A centralized organization? I really love the idea of a commodity backed crypto. But im sorry, this one doesn't look to be it.

This is a great read about the mentality of investors who do well and others who don't. Everything revolves around your reward mechanism. Seems like a lot of bubble sounding talk goin on. How this coin will go up 100x in value to meet urea price. But simply put.. It doesn't add up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-brains-of-great-traders-2014-7?utm_source=mobilesrepublic&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=mobilesrepublic

I do wish you all the best. A commodity backed crypto done the right way could be a exciting.

NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:44:52 PM

If 1 order of urea is bought for 350 usd 1:1 It should justifiably move the market valuation up how much? I am not trying to be a holder of the coin, bashing people to get cheap shares. I just see a lot of bubble type mentality in this thread. Once the hype comes out, people get hurt.

Well, similar schemes, not with coins however, have been tried before in poorer nations where the cost of subsidised farming isn't the real issue, it's how to get the farmers to use it. There is a high level of bureaucracy involved with getting these types of subsidies, and not all of these farmers have literacy skills. Some schemes haven't been very successful because of this, faced with a mass of paperwork, these farmers wouldn't even bother trying to claim what is rightfully theirs. The last scheme I heard about was where farmers were given a pin number in order to receive their grain subsidy. This was a few years ago.

Also, as I understand it 4 companies have signed a contract binding them to accept URO as payment for urea for the next 10 years, at a rate of 1 URO per metric tonne. Apparently talks were taking place for the first order, so we won't have long to wait to see if it's legitimate or not. If it's not, then I lose a couple of BTC. No worries. If it's real, well... see my previous post. Any crypto is risky, I'm fine with it. No risk, no reward.
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:48:01 PM

Hi True Asset,

I have been following URO since it was launched.

I am looking at importing UREA, I am in the import business and have spoken to my clearing agent and he is able to provide this service for me. I just need to find out, is there any way of getting a smaller shipment then 12500MT in the early days. If not, can you give me info on the volumetric weight of a 12500MT shipment, I have a connection with big farmers in South Africa and am very keen to prove your service.

Can you contact me so we can discuss this further.

PM sent.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:53:31 PM

here is updated miner what is getting like 25-30 % more hashrate with 14.6 driver https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=666252.0

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:57:03 PM

Guys this is an eventual outcome.  Nobody is saying 1URO will be worth 1 metric tonne of Urea in the real world any time soon.  This is the eventual aim but it will take time.  If it happened overnight it would be a scam.  There's no guarantee it will work but there are no guarantees in crypto.  Did anyone think BTC would ever be worth anything when it was used to buy a pizza for 10,000 BTC - URO is in the same position at the moment.  Anyone expecting to suddenly become rich should use their money to buy lottery tickets instead.  If you want to invest in something for the long term then look at this.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:08:12 PM

+100 i think its hundreds thousands dollars of fees and weeks of delay
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

Guys this is an eventual outcome.  Nobody is saying 1URO will be worth 1 metric tonne of Urea in the real world any time soon.  This is the eventual aim but it will take time.  If it happened overnight it would be a scam.  There's no guarantee it will work but there are no guarantees in crypto.  Did anyone think BTC would ever be worth anything when it was used to buy a pizza for 10,000 BTC - URO is in the same position at the moment.  Anyone expecting to suddenly become rich should use their money to buy lottery tickets instead.  If you want to invest in something for the long term then look at this.

Wtf are you rambling about? It's either backed or not.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:46:53 PM

So when does the truth (or lie) of all this get settled? When is the definitive proof (or lack of proof) scheduled to come out?
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:47:12 PM

Sooooo, i bought 1 URO....where can I trade it in for a metric tonne of fertilizer plz? kthx..me no need to buy lawn fertilizer eveer again kkkkkkkkkk

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: