Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:06:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:08:58 PM

You guys have any videos of Mr. Nilesh Nair? I would love to hear him speak. There must be about 100s of people interested to hear from him speak about his company's part in the URO Foundation.

I'm sure he would be able to grace his loyal investors some face time, even just a teeny weeny bit.

Don't forget your not investing in his company so your not his investor.  You are speculating in a currency that he has made an agreement to trade for....big difference
do provide video of Mr Satoshi speaking or i can never believe my hard earned money will be wother anything in these "Bitcorns" please thanks bye

Brilliant.  Although I'm sure scambust is probably calling Bitcoin a scam too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FoeRest

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:20:56 PM

just getting back to truthfuls comment on my email picture

the reason they need this information name/company/etc etc,  is because urea cannot be sold just to anyone, you know it can be used to make bombs? They asked me for the information and I had no problem releasing it, no more information then I would need to give when changing my btc into fiat, but anyways guys when I get this first shipment well I am not sure If I am first, but when I get my shipment I will gladly show you video evidence of it on my property but before I do that I will buy buying the whole market without telling you, keep thinking it is a scam and selling 4$ bills for 200$ bills thanks miners  Kiss Kiss Kiss
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:27:39 PM

You guys have any videos of Mr. Nilesh Nair? I would love to hear him speak. There must be about 100s of people interested to hear from him speak about his company's part in the URO Foundation.

I'm sure he would be able to grace his loyal investors some face time, even just a teeny weeny bit.

I believe the signatories to the URO protocol will stay away from this forum or for that matter any other activity that makes it appear like they are promoting URO in any way. Their job is simply to accept 1 URO as payment for 1 ton of urea. As soon as they start promoting the coin, people start assuming that they own a ton of URO and it starts looking kind of fishy.

They have nothing to do with URO the same way Pepsi has nothing to do with dollars. Their job is to simply accept 1 URO as payment for 1 ton of urea and that's it.

Exactly! And just like Pepsi pays their workers who produce Pepsi with the dollars they made selling it, the producers of Urea will get paid in URO. It's simple economic  Undecided

I think the producers will sit on the Uro they are paid with till the price is equivalent to the Urea they sold. These companies are in a multibillion dollar industry and sitting on some coins for a while is not a hardship. They all signed the Uro Protocol knowing they would be paid in Uro. They are not getting cheated out of the value of their Urea like you seem to imply. Additionally Uro-Urea transactions will probably account for a very small percentage of their total Urea sales.

commodity producers have huge  Shocked margins   Roll Eyes, so I guess if you believe that it's plausible for them to sell Urea at a huge loss in the hopes of recouping that money at a later date.
But even under that scenario once they sell the Uro on the exchange for a fair market value they owe more Urea to the buyer of the Uro so they don't recoup the losses.
So no matter what they are losing millions of dollars since the minimum order is 12,500 tons and there is no way to recoup that money if they accept Uro and don't currently own Uro to profit from the price appreciation..in which case it's more likely to be a pump and dump anyway.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

I believe the signatories to the URO protocol will stay away from this forum or for that matter any other activity that makes it appear like they are promoting URO in any way. Their job is simply to accept 1 URO as payment for 1 ton of urea. As soon as they start promoting the coin, people start assuming that they own a ton of URO and it starts looking kind of fishy.

They have nothing to do with URO the same way Pepsi has nothing to do with dollars. Their job is to simply accept 1 URO as payment for 1 ton of urea and that's it.

Exactly! And just like Pepsi pays their workers who produce Pepsi with the dollars they made selling it, the producers of Urea will get paid in URO. It's simple economic  Undecided

I think the producers will sit on the Uro they are paid with till the price is equivalent to the Urea they sold. These companies are in a multibillion dollar industry and sitting on some coins for a while is not a hardship. They all signed the Uro Protocol knowing they would be paid in Uro. They are not getting cheated out of the value of their Urea like you seem to imply. Additionally Uro-Urea transactions will probably account for a very small percentage of their total Urea sales.

commodity producers have huge  Shocked margins   Roll Eyes, so I guess if you believe that it's plausible for them to sell Urea at a huge loss in the hopes of recouping that money at a later date.
But even under that scenario once they sell the Uro on the exchange for a fair market value they owe more Urea to the buyer of the Uro so they don't recoup the losses.
So no matter what they are losing millions of dollars since the minimum order is 12,500 tons and there is no way to recoup that money if they accept Uro and don't currently own Uro to profit from the price appreciation..in which case it's more likely to be a pump and dump anyway.

The 10,000 Bitcorn pizza was also a risk. And it turned out it was a scam.

kuchini

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:44:35 PM

the reason they need this information name/company/etc etc,  is because urea cannot be sold just to anyone, you know it can be used to make bombs? They asked me for the information and I had no problem releasing it, no more information then I would need to give when changing my btc into fiat, but anyways guys when I get this first shipment well I am not sure If I am first, but when I get my shipment I will gladly show you video evidence of it on my property but before I do that I will buy buying the whole market without telling you, keep thinking it is a scam and selling 4$ bills for 200$ bills thanks miners  Kiss Kiss Kiss

I like this, we need more buyers like you. I figure people who really know this is legit from first hand experience will buy first and then share. This is the reason why I will not play with the swings in this market. 12500 can suddenly be purchased by people who really are using it.
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:57:08 PM

I'm waiting to see 12,500URO change wallets and everyone and their mother panic buying lol.

-Pickle
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:04:54 PM

I'm waiting to see 12,500URO change wallets and everyone and their mother panic buying lol.

-Pickle

Actually I never thought about that, that would be our semi-definitive proof, watching the blockchain!
SerMeric

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:15:15 PM

lol i tought its a trash at the beginning and now bittrex is almost offline :d
dijclarwin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

Your response seems to suggest you haven't read this thread or any of the sites the dev has linked to. The following is on the uro foundation site:

Policies in Philanthropy: For the NIERs – Uro is not a sale, Uro is not something that fits the metrics of what that the Urea trading firms will pay for as an expense or an investment. for the NIERs – the best category for Uro to fit in is as part of the philanthropic and R&D activities these companies get involved in. Over the years – the NIERs have learned that handing out cash usually ends up with corrupt officials and middlemen absorbing the majority of the donations or funding – so the NIERs now have a policy: No cash handouts. This policy is the result of tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars in hard lessons learned from past charitable and R&D activities. The NIERs are fine with providing millions of tonnes of Urea knowing that it will go towards planting something that will help feed people in need, but not okay with providing funds so that Uro can be temporarily and artificially inflated in value on a currency exchange just so that a few early adopters can cash out.

So all your arguments mean nothing. The Urea set aside for this project go under the charitable and R&D heading. If this experiment works 1 Uro = price of 1 MT Urea and there is no losing of millions of dollars leading to company bankruptcy.
GIBZORS

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

Your response seems to suggest you haven't read this thread or any of the sites the dev has linked to. The following is on the uro foundation site:

Policies in Philanthropy: For the NIERs – Uro is not a sale, Uro is not something that fits the metrics of what that the Urea trading firms will pay for as an expense or an investment. for the NIERs – the best category for Uro to fit in is as part of the philanthropic and R&D activities these companies get involved in. Over the years – the NIERs have learned that handing out cash usually ends up with corrupt officials and middlemen absorbing the majority of the donations or funding – so the NIERs now have a policy: No cash handouts. This policy is the result of tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars in hard lessons learned from past charitable and R&D activities. The NIERs are fine with providing millions of tonnes of Urea knowing that it will go towards planting something that will help feed people in need, but not okay with providing funds so that Uro can be temporarily and artificially inflated in value on a currency exchange just so that a few early adopters can cash out.

So all your arguments mean nothing. The Urea set aside for this project go under the charitable and R&D heading. If this experiment works 1 Uro = price of 1 MT Urea and there is no losing of millions of dollars leading to company bankruptcy.

Just aside from that a lot depends on what will be the URO price by the time they get their first minimum order size in. And even then by just holding the URO they received they can convert it to whatever other currency they want according to URO market price. So basically there would not need to be any loss for the NIERs Smiley

AsiaCoin: Af4Yixiz9qn76HocgCoBAt7rUpRQaUrZ7z
mistersushi

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:30:03 PM

Blahahahahhaahh!!!  Grin
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:31:41 PM

What would happen if a processor puts in a BUY order for 12,500 URO for .3 BTC each. Guess where the price goes. How fast will people dump? Doesn't matter, the producer wants the URO to purchase Urea. If they get it at a discount, that's better for them.

All of a sudden the market becomes viable.

DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:39:05 PM

This is possibly the dumbest thread I have ever read in my life.  I literally can't even.  People with valuable commodities are not going to give that value to you in exchange for made up internet currency just because you would like them to. 

I mean yikes.  I have no idea as to the authenticity of various "proof of backing" in this thread but assume it is low or meaningless.  I feel like we are watching auroracoin v2.  You guys are nuts.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:43:05 PM

This is possibly the dumbest thread I have ever read in my life.  I literally can't even.  People with valuable commodities are not going to give that value to you in exchange for made up internet currency just because you would like them to. 

I mean yikes.  I have no idea as to the authenticity of various "proof of backing" in this thread but assume it is low or meaningless.  I feel like we are watching auroracoin v2.  You guys are nuts.

About as dumb as people giving you actual products for Bitcoin which is nothing but 0's and 1's?

It's funny how the crypto community is now becoming as skeptical of new market ideas and tech as the mainstream world is of Bitcoin.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

Don't know what you mean?Huh?? URO is backed by Urea. Bitcoin is backed by FUD.

Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

It's funny how the crypto community is now becoming as skeptical of new market ideas and tech as the mainstream world is of Bitcoin.

Indeed, it is Smiley But then most of the crypto community would not have believed in bitcoin 3 years ago either. They only believe when it has become mainstream.

solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:02:12 PM

Indeed, it is Smiley But then most of the crypto community would not have believed in bitcoin 3 years ago either. They only believe when it has become mainstream.

The thing is anyone who has read any serious financial publications, i.e Wallstreet Journal, Forbes, etc., not the rantings of a few teenagers on bitcointalk, know that Blockchain 2.0 technology and the application of it towards new methods of information and wealth transfer is the next direction for crypto.

I can't think of a "better" way to start the process of backing a commodity on a crypto coin, if GES had 100% premined and IPO'ed it at 1:1 Urea prices, no one would have bought it, end of story. If you are skeptical of URO working then you should be skeptical of ALL future commodity coins. It's no skin on the back of these companies for a few people to make a fortune being early adopters, that goes for any company or technology. If it does turn out legit though you are running out of time to hope to make any money unless you are a millionaire whale daytrader.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:06:56 PM

About as dumb as people giving you actual products for Bitcoin which is nothing but 0's and 1's?

So is there a specific date/event at which point all the uncertainty will be addressed and the debate'll be over?
mistersushi

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:12:12 PM

So is there a specific date/event at which point all the uncertainty will be addressed and the debate'll be over?

Yeah, the same date that people stop disputing that the US landed on the moon.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

Children I'm only going to write this once.

How commodity markets exchange goods:

There are 3 players in commodity markets.

The producers, those who produce a commodity like frozen concentrated orange juice, soy beans, pork bellies, Urea.

The Processors, those who purchase the raw commodity and turn it into something useful like bacon. Who doesn't like bacon. Mmm, bacon.

The Traders, those are the ones who bear the risk in the market. And their reward is a profit if successful.

Obviously people understand the producers and the processors, but why do we need traders? The reason we need traders is to provide liquidity. Say farmer A wants to sell his crop and make sure he doesn't lose money in the case the price of his goods goes down. He sells a commodity contract that states he'll SELL his crop for a certain price and it's guaranteed he'll get that price. If the price goes up or down, he's covered. Now who does he sell his contract to? Generally it's sold to the producers who want to lock in a lower price and guarantee operating capital isn't compromised. The producers are afraid the price will go up, so they sell a contract stating they want to BUY some goods at a given price. If the price rises or falls, they still buy their goods at the contracted price.

Now what's the roll of the commodity speculators, the traders on the floor who make their living on the price changes? They bear risk. If they succeed at bearing risk, they are rewarded and this is how it works. A trader will go in and bet the price on a good will go up, so he'll buy say a march pork bellies contract at a given price from farmer A at a given price hoping to turn around and sell it on a price rise to producer 12 and make a profit. The farmer and producer DON'T CARE who buys or sell them their contract, they just simply want to lock in a price. The trader provides liquidity and risk to move the goods. They are simply the go between to provide fast cash for the producer and a quick contract for the processor. If they are successful they get rewarded, if not, well that's why the chicago board of trade and the new york mercantile exchange has a high turnover rate. It's a very stressful way to make a living.

Now explain to me why URO is a bad idea, or a scam.

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: