Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133337 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

necessitating a snapshot of the extant BEE2 chain with UTXO balances programmatically transferred to the new chain

Fortunately, sfultong has been making the running for me ...

treat snapshot balances as genesis block transactions

Cheers

Graham
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:53:21 PM

Look what I saw today?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=158610

Name:  soopy452000
Activity: 1134
Position:  Legendary
Date Registered:  November 08, 2013, 05:02:09 AM
Last Active:  Today at 06:33:11 AM

Hey All,

Haha the news has spread wide and far I guess.

I'm back peeps.

Let's BEEgin.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

NO CHANCE

you had your chance and you blew it several times over. Beecoin is a wreck with no exchange and no community almost due to your neglect.

We have someone reliable to help beecoin now. Please do not attempt to sabotage this project again.

You are no longer the dev of beecoin due to being far too unreliable. I find it VERY suspicious indeed that you show up after months of being gone each time beecoin has someone new interested in helping only to put them off then vanish again.

I am 100% behind graham assisting beecoin from here on. Anyone else who is a valid member of this community that has post history in the beecoin threads of course can voice their own opinions but I hope you will 100% realise that soopy although not entirely bad has been very unreliable and shows up at the worst times possible to only then vanish again.

If graham wants you to assist him in anyway then that is for him to decide but NO WAY will I support you being lead dev here again.

The best thing you can do is return the 288LTC (well 1/3 was yours actually) and leave beecoin alone.

You helped beecoin to a degree so we are grateful for what you did do. But no way can you be allowed to keep beecoin down by constantly vanishing and neglecting it for months and months at a time.

We need to build a reliable solid community and we need a reliable solid leader - you have proven you do not fit this description many times over.

I used to believe you were just busy and over worked and neglected beecoin for good reason. I have since started to suspect almost mal intent towards the project and do not wish to give any opportunity for beecoin to suffer further.

Also you have the dev tax collecting wallet so are you going to turn that over to graham now? since you took your 1BN actually 3BN and dumped them so you surely do not deserve to keep the tax collecting wallet do you?

I totally agree with cryptohunter on this one.

graham should be in charge.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:16:26 PM

It doesn't work like that. I've spent some time reading and thinking about it, came up with this articulation, still needs a lot of sharpening up ...

A different perspective on cryptocurrency

(a standalone not-yet-a-blog self-contained page of HTML+JS+CSS, pace a coupla std cdn js libs, which I'm using as test material for on-the-block publishing trials)

Cheers

Graham
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:32:52 PM

Nice to have you around  Wink

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:01:57 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 10:40:38 PM by yacare

It doesn't work like that. I've spent some time reading and thinking about it, came up with this articulation, still needs a lot of sharpening up ...

A different perspective on cryptocurrency

(a standalone not-yet-a-blog self-contained page of HTML+JS+CSS, pace a coupla std cdn js libs, which I'm using as test material for on-the-block publishing trials)

Cheers

Graham

You have just created a paradox.
You have became the perfect starting point for a possible virtuous spiral, and if we aim to go in that direction, yo are definitely the perfect leader until the network efect kik's it's magic towards a true Teal.

So .... at this point in present time, you are by far the best coding-capable "contributor" around.
You should be (temporally) in charge to push this thing towards the self-directed self-regulated leader-less direction ....

Graham, you have my support.

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:37:37 PM

Let's BEEgin.

Actually, it's already BEEgun and has reached stage 1, just yesterday evening I finished a rebranded clone of PIVX (as suggested by cryptohunter and whipped on by GREEDYJOHN):

It's not so much a hard fork as a complete change of vehicle, necessitating a snapshot of the extant BEE2 chain with UTXO balances programmatically transferred to the new chain. You'll get to keep the same addresses, same keys, same balance except that Beecoin is now running off've a Core 0.12 PoS + masternode coin.

Time to drop the "2"

Cheers

Graham

Cheers to that Graham and I support you guys and everyone with anything that's there to work on regards to BEE, BeeCoin is in good hands I see. My Salute.

I will start doing the necessary steps to ensure the transfer of the tax wallet and other necessary aspects related to the same.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:41:03 PM

Let's BEEgin.

Actually, it's already BEEgun and has reached stage 1, just yesterday evening I finished a rebranded clone of PIVX (as suggested by cryptohunter and whipped on by GREEDYJOHN):

It's not so much a hard fork as a complete change of vehicle, necessitating a snapshot of the extant BEE2 chain with UTXO balances programmatically transferred to the new chain. You'll get to keep the same addresses, same keys, same balance except that Beecoin is now running off've a Core 0.12 PoS + masternode coin.

Time to drop the "2"

Cheers

Graham

Cheers to that Graham and I support you guys and everyone with anything that's there to work on regards to BEE, BeeCoin is in good hands I see. My Salute.

I will start doing the necessary steps to ensure the transfer of the tax wallet and other necessary aspects related to the same.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

~SoopY~ , where have you been all this time?

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:41:56 PM

Nice to have you around  Wink

Thank you.

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:13:44 PM

Why do you always play this game of HIDE AND SEEK?

TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

SoopY appeared again, like a ghostly wind. He was probably sick again and solved many world problems. This is ridiculous. If some users trust him again, i will be shocked.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:55:24 PM

Great to see more and more old beecoiners returning.

I wonder how many here were on the launch and remember how it was the finest most perfectly executed launch of any pow coin period.
no premine.
annouced well ahead of time
annoucement details all correct
it was released bang on time
it was released with password rars - eradicated advantage for fast broadband users.
pass released on time
dif scaling was so fast nobody got to rape the chain at all.

I have been on the launch of maybe 80-100 POW coins and none were close to being as perfect and how a pow coins should be released as beecoin.

beecoiners are resilient folks too.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

A couple of persons have asked me about rebranding of beecoin to something more appropriate for its new functions.

I have a few ideas for names myself but I invite others to either post them here or send them to me or graham.

If we did rebrand it would be far better to do now than after we go to exchange due to the nature of exchanges charging for things like that.

I like beecoin but I can see that a rebrand to a good name could be something to consider if enough people thought it a good idea.

What do others think?

Also does anyone have a copy of an allcoin address they sent beecoins too?

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:59:59 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 12:20:55 PM by gjhiggins

A couple of persons have asked me about rebranding of beecoin to something more appropriate for its new functions.

Can I suggest that strand of thought be scheduled for Phase II, after the migration? I can pretty much guarantee that it will also involve changes to the coin's monetary dynamics to make it “better suited to its new role”.

Also, I'd prefer not to have to allocate time to do re-re-branding at this stage.

And there is the not-insignificant issue that a globally-distributed peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency has no legal standing in any national legal jurisdiction so is unable to defend any intellectual property rights such as a brand name.

The clot from jp who launched VCoin failed even to do local due diligence. There was already a VCoin fintech outfit in sg and their trademark application in the US for VCoin couldn't be challenged and that put an end to using the name VCoin commercially in the US. Any business in any legal jurisdiction can make an application for their exclusive use of a name and, in the absence of a challenge, the legal authorities will be obliged to grant it. Example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg16333557#msg16333557

I pondered on this for a while and noted a parallel with the Bene Gesserit - they have this place inside where they cannot see, as do all the geo-jurisdiction registration authorities. Hence VCoin became “V”. Let's see the buggers try and register that and it's a good name for a collective intelligence to be known by, I reckon.

Cheers

Graham

edit added example
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:06:50 PM

Can I suggest that strand of thought be scheduled for Phase II, after the migration? I can pretty much guarantee that it will also involve changes to the coin's monetary dynamics to make it “better suited to its new role”.

Also, I'd prefer not to have to allocate time to do re-re-branding at this stage.

And there is the not-insignificant issue that a globally-distributed peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency has no legal standing in any national legal jurisdiction so is unable to defend any intellectual property rights such as a brand name.

The clot from jp who launched VCoin failed even to do local due diligence. There was already a VCoin fintech outfit in sg and their trademark application in the US for VCoin couldn't be challenged and that put an end to using the name VCoin commercially in the US. Any business in any legal jurisdiction can make an application for their exclusive use of a name and, in the absence of a challenge, the legal authorities will be obliged to grant it.

I pondered on this for a while and noted a parallel with the Bene Gesserit - they have this place inside where they cannot see, as do all the geo-jurisdiction registration authorities. Hence VCoin became “V”. Let's see the buggers try and register that and it's a good name for a collective intelligence to be known by, I reckon.

Cheers

Graham

Hi graham, Yes of course that is a very sensible course of action. We shall forget about that until you say it is a good time.

halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:03:33 AM

Let's BEEgin.

Time to drop the "2"

Cheers

Graham

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Hi,Graham.

I see you have post this new wallet screenshot,so could we swap the old BEECOIN V2 to your new BEECOIN V3 now?

I  am a old beecoiner, long time away from community,the main reason is the difficulty to access to Bitcointalk...for some reason.

Regards,

Halorose
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:35:01 PM

Let's BEEgin.

Time to drop the "2"

Cheers

Graham

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Hi,Graham.

I see you have post this new wallet screenshot,so could we swap the old BEECOIN V2 to your new BEECOIN V3 now?

I  am a old beecoiner, long time away from community,the main reason is the difficulty to access to Bitcointalk...for some reason.

Regards,

Halorose

I don't think the new chain is 100% ready yet... still under testing. So for sure everyone will be able to swap their bee2 to bee (i think we are going back to just being called beecoin)

Graham is probably away from the board for the weekend but will clarify when he gets back next week.

halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:58:18 PM

I don't think the new chain is 100% ready yet... still under testing. So for sure everyone will be able to swap their bee2 to bee (i think we are going back to just being called beecoin)

Graham is probably away from the board for the weekend but will clarify when he gets back next week.

@cryptohunter   I 'd like to call it beecoin too,I really love it.It's the first coin I met on bitcointalk.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:55:21 PM

@cryptohunter   I 'd like to call it beecoin too,I really love it.It's the first coin I met on bitcointalk.

Me too. Well, the first totally fairly mined POW coin i ever mined on. Would LOVE to see this little coin make a come back.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:33:08 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 09:07:41 AM by gjhiggins

not so much a hard fork as a complete change of vehicle, necessitating a snapshot of the extant BEE2 chain with UTXO balances programmatically transferred to the new chain. You'll get to keep the same addresses, same keys, same balance except that Beecoin is now running off've a Core 0.12 PoS + masternode coin.

That is the general idea but there is more preliminary work to do. The widely-used term “snapshot” is, unfortunately, quite misleading ...

This will require some thinking.  Perhaps for m-of-n support, the "claim to" string could be signed by m of n addresses and the string + all the signatures could be wrapped and broadcast to the spin-off network.  The nodes would look up the address, read the redeem rules from the snapshot.bin file, and ensure that a sufficient number of correct signatures was present.  

With P2SH the redeem script is not known to the network until the output is redeemed so the user would need to supply the redeemscript in the claim message.  It could then be signed by as many keys as necessary.

But are there other common redeem scripts besides the standard single-address script and m-of-n multisig (native and P2SH)?  I realize we could implement the full bitcoin transaction verification procedure to handle arbitrary scripts, but I was hoping to avoid this if possible.  

A P2SH address is just the hash of a script.  The script can be anything that the Bitcoin scripting language allows. I would guess most redeem scripts are probably fairly straightforward multisig but the redeemer supplies the redeem script so using just the blockchain there is no way to know what the scripts for the X unspent outputs to P2SH addresses are.

It probably would be a good idea to develop an UXTO parser to categorize what portion of the outputs belong to the following defined templates

1) PayToPubKey (obsolete but was used in early coinbase txs)
2) PayToPubKeyHash
4) PayToScriptHash
5) Native Multisig (not P2SH, multiple PubKeys specified directly in the tx output)
6) Non-standard *

* Note it is possible that some P2SH scripts are also non-standard but we can't categorize them as we don't know what the script is.  For this "template" we mean all outputs which don't conform to any other known template.

The first step is to sync from the published blockchain. I have a client locally loading the blockchain. After 16 hours, it's reporting:

ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
SetBestChain: new best=9164a1489a36fb2566e2  height=889032  trust=11575611798889848  blocktrust=630696890  date=07/11/14 01:43:22

should be finished later this afternoon, sometime this evening. There are over 2 million blocks in the BeecoinV2 blockchain, it's not a trivial exercise.

And the next step after syncing is to create an address ->tx index (the client only maintains a tx->address index) which will then give us a working set of UTXOs that people can then argue about discuss. I am reviewing two possible approaches: i) re-use of existing open source s/w advertised as suitable for this purpose or ii) temporarily hack the BeecoinV2 client to use the engine to create a UTXO set. I can't see any obvious easy solution for ii), so I'm starting with i)

edited to add this paste from blockparser docs: “At this point, blockparser uses a *lot* of memory (20+ Gig is typical).“

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 01:21:21 PM

... blockparser ...

Looks the biz. Modded for use with the Beecoin blockchain to support initial scoping ...

https://github.com/gjhiggins/blockparser/commit/1612753696909c0cbdec5f847922c9cb0020e499

Compiles but I haven't had a chance to test it yet, still waiting for client to finish loading blk0001.dat

The actual transfer is/will be completely transparent and will follow the model detailed here:

https://github.com/sfultong/bitcoin/commit/bbc60f099c5ace1530d1acb0e019abdbf745bc5b#diff-64cbe1ad5465e13bc59ee8bb6f3de2e7R106

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: