Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:03:58 AM

So you mine whatever is easy and profitable, and it is converted to BTC if you want?

The site is not 100% clear, but are you limited to the handful of coins mentioned?

Why don't you offer a 3 month contract?

1) we mine the most profitable altcoin portfolio. Please see "What is a multipool? How does the Genesis Mining Multipool work?" in our FAQ https://www.genesis-mining.com/faq
2) we are not limited anymore to these coins, but these are actually the most important ones
3) pricing of "short term" contracts is more complex, but we will offer something going forward (though I cannot give you an estimation when this will be ready)

Cheers,
  Marco

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:23:43 AM

Met with Genesis Mining at HK Inside Bitcoin.

Enjoyed the talk and I am keen to learn more about your expansion plans for mining in 2014/15.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Illutian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 06:10:19 AM

I do feel you have a valid point about the testimonial page. I don't think the picture is fake though, just badly cut around, but it is quite small, so they probably thought, well nobody is going to take our pic and zoom in to it and discuss it, Maybe the original had a curtain in the background or a strange pattern, like what you get from a Passport Photo booth, and so they thought it would look better to crop around it.

Their own photos?? Well they were probably done especially for promotional material and their own website. The other guy would have just probably emailed them a picture.

Anyway, going back to that testimonial, It is old and has been there a while, so I have an idea.

Put some more testimonials up. You have more customers now. I have read reviews, listened to your interviews, add some more!
[...]

The image is 664x664, as is all the other's. 'Inspect Elements' is a wonderful tool Wink

And testimonials mean nothing in the digital age....unless they come from well-known and well-respected members of a community.

Hey!

The original photo is in color and our designer cropped the head (probably to get the right color scheme for the background). There is no way for a website to proof that a testimonial is real. To be honest, I do not see why cropping and changing the color to black-white is a big deal. I am willing to send the original picture to two forum members if this is helpful for anything (I have Rene's permission).

To make it very clear: Rene exist, he is a client of Genesis Mining and it is a real picture showing him. And yes, we should and will add more testimonials going forward. Thank you, Ian for the suggestion!

What annoyed me a bit is that having such a large image is actually a waste of bandwidth. I will talk to our webdesigner to reduce the image size to speed up the loading times of our webpage. So maybe a faster webpage is also the outcome of this discussion and this makes me happy Smiley

Have a good day everyone and happy mining,
  Marco

One of the things to look for in illegitimate websites is the use of 'stock photos' or oddly cut-out photos. So, me being mistrusting of even my own shadow, assume you're just another person/group wishing to take advantage of Bitcoin's....loose regulations.

That's really the only thing that made me question if your operation was legit or not.

Going forward, you might want to include the ability to click on a person's image to get a full body shot of them holding a sign reading their name (First name, last initial), location (country at least), and something directly related to Genesis Mining (ie "genesis-mining.com"; twitter handle; facebook url [excluding the "facebook.com"]). Furthermore, this full image shouldn't be touched-up or anything beyond resizing (500x500 should do nicely).
monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:00:35 AM

Enjoyed the talk and I am keen to learn more about your expansion plans for mining in 2014/15.
It is a good news for all members of Genesis Mining. Can you mention about exact date and time.
Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:23:55 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 06:07:52 AM by Nathan101

So you mine whatever is easy and profitable, and it is converted to BTC if you want?

The site is not 100% clear, but are you limited to the handful of coins mentioned?

Why don't you offer a 3 month contract?
Please go through this link https://www.genesis-mining.com/faq. I hope you will find your answers. For the third question i want to say that they are thinking about introducing short term contract.

Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

Going forward, you might want to include the ability to click on a person's image to get a full body shot of them holding a sign reading their name (First name, last initial), location (country at least), and something directly related to Genesis Mining (ie "genesis-mining.com"; twitter handle; facebook url [excluding the "facebook.com"]). Furthermore, this full image shouldn't be touched-up or anything beyond resizing (500x500 should do nicely).
Wow. I'm getting really dark visions in my head when I read that. In short, that's WAY beyond reasonable. If somebody is willing to do so, fine, but you can't ask that of people, you can't even think about asking such a thing.

It's useless as well, because those who question everything, will also question the legitimacy of a pic provided in exactly this manner, or any manner. And you, as a professional questioner, should know that, Illutian.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

[...]
It's useless as well, because those who question everything, will also question the legitimacy of a pic provided in exactly this manner, or any manner.

Correct. There is no way a company can really proof something with a picture.

You can meet us at conferences (e.g. Amsterdam, Texas, Hong Kong) and we will hopefully announce some further cooperation with other companies soon. At the end of the day it is the deeds that count.

We are working very hard each day to make our clients happy and to contribute a bit to the great crypto community. Everyone in our team is passionate about cryptos!

Have a nice weekend everyone and happy mining!
  Marco

greyfoxsylux

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

Suggestion for the website design: On the mining allocation page, perhaps it's best if you also add the option of specifying the specific hashrate you can allocate via text field. For some small hashrates like 2MH/s it might be easier to use the percentage slider. But with larger ones, it might be difficult to be 'specific' on how fast you want each one of them to go.

I myself am feeling torn between relying on Auto (BTC) due to the fluctuating values, or just sticking to a more stable currency like LTC.

GM promo code: FLASH_99 (Just got it! Hoping to get some hashrates going! Let's see how far I get from my current 2MH/s)

I might force my indecisive self to stick to 100% LTC, since LTC fluctuates the smallest. It would be easier for me to manage it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I really like how transparent you guys are. I've been having uncertainty issues with a lot of these services (like PBMining) but it seems you guys can be someone I can trust. You're active on the forum, quick and repsonsive to my emails, and really give no hassle.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:23:02 AM

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I really like how transparent you guys are. I've been having uncertainty issues with a lot of these services (like PBMining) but it seems you guys can be someone I can trust. You're active on the forum, quick and repsonsive to my emails, and really give no hassle.

I agree and I am sure I am not the only one.

Mike18feb

MΣC

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:58:50 AM

Okay, to make 1 BTC per month at this point in time you would need like 14Mhs versus 1.3Ths

14Mhs at Genesis-Mining = $2520 / 4.2BTC (but you can still get a 3% discount on this  Cheesy )
1.4Ths at PBMining (talking about food for pseudo-promises...) = $3000 / 5BTC

Well, it was late last night and those numbers are off. The Bitcoin numbers, that is.
14Mhs at Genesis-Mining = $2520 / 4.2BTC ( $2444 / 4.1 BTC with 3% discount  Cheesy )
1.3Ths at PBMining = $2580 / 4.3BTC

I've used the next Bitcoin difficulty adjustment, coming within 24 hours, and use 0.0033 BTC per Ghs at PBMining instead of the current 0.0036.

Now, if you also keep in mind that difficulty for Bitcoin is still growing way faster then difficulty for a wide array of scrypt coins, then in that sense scrypt mining will have a MUCH better return over time then Bitcoin mining at, currently, one of the cheapest Cloudhash providers (I'll not go into whether PBM is real or not, there are other threads for that). On the other hand, scryptcoins tend to lose value easier against Bitcoin and subsequently also don't benefit as much of happy investors as Bitcoin does.

And no, you're not the only one, Ian. I like GM's openness, but even more, their responses to questions and issues.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 12:51:25 PM

I agree and I am sure I am not the only one.

Thank you both for kind words. It means a lot to us!

Cheers, Marco

hexagram

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

nosce te ipsum

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

Okay, to make 1 BTC per month at this point in time you would need like 14Mhs versus 1.3Ths

14Mhs at Genesis-Mining = $2520 / 4.2BTC (but you can still get a 3% discount on this  Cheesy )
1.4Ths at PBMining (talking about food for pseudo-promises...) = $3000 / 5BTC

Well, it was late last night and those numbers are off. The Bitcoin numbers, that is.
14Mhs at Genesis-Mining = $2520 / 4.2BTC ( $2444 / 4.1 BTC with 3% discount  Cheesy )
1.3Ths at PBMining = $2580 / 4.3BTC

I've used the next Bitcoin difficulty adjustment, coming within 24 hours, and use 0.0033 BTC per Ghs at PBMining instead of the current 0.0036.

Now, if you also keep in mind that difficulty for Bitcoin is still growing way faster then difficulty for a wide array of scrypt coins, then in that sense scrypt mining will have a MUCH better return over time then Bitcoin mining at, currently, one of the cheapest Cloudhash providers (I'll not go into whether PBM is real or not, there are other threads for that). On the other hand, scryptcoins tend to lose value easier against Bitcoin and subsequently also don't benefit as much of happy investors as Bitcoin does.

And no, you're not the only one, Ian. I like GM's openness, but even more, their responses to questions and issues.

Thanks Mike18feb just what I was looking for as I too was trying to compare numbers against PBM.
martinnew

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:40:04 PM

Really good to know that someone here finally met the Genesis mining team personally.  Cool
Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:34:43 PM

Wow. I'm getting really dark visions in my head when I read that. In short, that's WAY beyond reasonable. If somebody is willing to do so, fine, but you can't ask that of people, you can't even think about asking such a thing.

It's useless as well, because those who question everything, will also question the legitimacy of a pic provided in exactly this manner, or any manner. And you, as a professional questioner, should know that, Illutian.

How is it unreasonable?

The 'Testimonials' currently show the person's image, first name, last initial, and country:

Genesis Mining is the most efficient way of altcoin mining I can think of. Fortunately I found this Website before purchasing my own equipment. I'm very satisfied with their performance and support.

Rene H., Germany

By adding that they'll be holding information about Genesis, that'll rule out 'stock photo' or Photoshopping (unless you have mad-talent for matching up shadows and such).

Also, by having the 'on click' image being completely unaltered (except for resizing if they sent in a huge, 2048x2048 shot) Genesis would back up the claim that they edited "Rene's" photo to better fit over the standardized background color.

The result, would be the to narrow down the possibilities to one (I'm sure others would think of more). That is, this 'Testimonial' was given by an employee or paid endorsement.

And that's fine, because I assume all testimonials are paid for or faked by employees. But at least I know they weren't Photoshopped Tongue

OR

Just do the live stream from the convention thing that I also mentioned.
Mike18feb

MΣC

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:20:31 PM

Are you serious? You think any company will go ask it's customers to please make a nice sign with name, and stuff on there, stand before a blank background holding up the sign and then make a picture and send an unedited full blown version so someone else can post that on the internet?! Dude, please tell me you're just kidding!

If any company would ask me such a thing the only pic they would get is the one below, accompanied by a nice bye bye letter

cyberpitstop

Activity: 370

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

We are proud to announce the world's first peer-to-peer, end-to-end cloudmining bitcoin lending solution!

We partnered up with BitLendingClub.com to provide world's first and unique solution for risk reduced bitcoin lendings.

If you want to start cloudmining, but don't have the funds, you can now borrow them at BitLendingClub.com and invest into GM's cloudmining contracts right away!
For most secure Lendings on all sides, borrower's funds are used to buy the contract right away. In return, the mining revenues are used to pay off the lending only, until the btc are paid back!

We hope to further enhance the cooperation with BitLendingClub in the future to present you more features and services!
An example for a lending can you find here: https://bitlendingclub.com/loan/browse/lid/1296

So what happened to this?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

We are proud to announce the world's first peer-to-peer, end-to-end cloudmining bitcoin lending solution!

We partnered up with BitLendingClub.com to provide world's first and unique solution for risk reduced bitcoin lendings.

If you want to start cloudmining, but don't have the funds, you can now borrow them at BitLendingClub.com and invest into GM's cloudmining contracts right away!
For most secure Lendings on all sides, borrower's funds are used to buy the contract right away. In return, the mining revenues are used to pay off the lending only, until the btc are paid back!

We hope to further enhance the cooperation with BitLendingClub in the future to present you more features and services!
An example for a lending can you find here: https://bitlendingclub.com/loan/browse/lid/1296

So what happened to this?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

If you mean the weblink at the end, then that linked to an example loan that a user had set up. If you read through the comments section, you will find a post that explains the following.

"This loan will not be activated, it's just posted to showcase our new partnership with Genesis Mining and the ability to take out loans where the payment is guaranteed by the hosted mining company. In other words, the borrower cannot cancel payment, be late for a payment, withdraw funds or invest the funds deposited by Genesis Mining into another loan.

I will probably cancel this loan in a day or two. Your investment will only show up while we're advertising this loan type."

So it was just put there for an example.

Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:26:01 PM

Are you serious? You think any company will go ask it's customers to please make a nice sign with name, and stuff on there, stand before a blank background holding up the sign and then make a picture and send an unedited full blown version so someone else can post that on the internet?! Dude, please tell me you're just kidding!

If any company would ask me such a thing the only pic they would get is the one below, accompanied by a nice bye bye letter
[image link snipped to prevent huge post; still funny, I'm saving that!]

Why, Bitcoin Exchanges are now starting to use this as additional verification of identity.

Example: https://www.cryptsy.com/images/nonuseg.jpg

Reasoning:

Why are we asking for this?

In an effort to ascertain the validity of non-US customers, we are asking that, in addition to submitting a government issued ID, you submit an image of you holding the ID with your face visible.

Please Click Here for an example.

But, all I'm suggesting is the people hold up a hand written sign with the same damn identifying information (First name, Last Initial, Country) that will already be posted to the Genesis website.

....And would-be Testimonialers (new word; coining it!) are already going to be submitting a "full image", which then gets resized, color-bleached, and then a CSS 'circle effect' applied. Only to make it, as they say, work with the website design. But the full image is still there...use a Code Inspector and you'll see the image is 664x664 for Testimonials and the 'About us' photos.

---

Other Examples:

http://rhhbschool.com/live-your-dream/stories/
--> Click on the person and you read their full story. In addition to seeing a full body shot. Or even better, a video.

http://www.shopify.com/press/buzz
--> Links to the person's Twitter, which is great, because you can see how old the Twitter account is.

http://www.davidairey.com/testimonials/
--> None of the photos are edited (read: faces cut out).

//Side Note:

I rather like how Shopify handles their testimonials. Because it'd be hard for Genesis to make fake Twitter accounts with out raising suspicion as to why all these testimonials have twitter accounts that are less than a month old.  Wink
Mike18feb

MΣC

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:01:43 PM

Cryptsy is starting with USD trading soon and are required to ask for official ID"s before you're allowed to trade even 1 dollar. If they don't, they would be shut down within no time by the government. That's a financial matter that goes way beyond a simple mining contract and requires different credentials.

By the way, in all the examples you show, no customer is holding up signs  Tongue
If GM wants to have extensive appraisal pages, then fine, might not be a bad idea, but no company will ask it's customers to hold up signs just because a very tiny portion of potential customers have extensive (actually I'm thinking unreasonable) legitimacy demands.

Would it help if I did that?! Would it make GM suddenly more reliable for you? Or would you go about thinking it might be a setup still...

Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:03:50 AM

Cryptsy is starting with USD trading soon and are required to ask for official ID"s before you're allowed to trade even 1 dollar. If they don't, they would be shut down within no time by the government. That's a financial matter that goes way beyond a simple mining contract and requires different credentials.

By the way, in all the examples you show, no customer is holding up signs  Tongue
If GM wants to have extensive appraisal pages, then fine, might not be a bad idea, but no company will ask it's customers to hold up signs just because a very tiny portion of potential customers have extensive (actually I'm thinking unreasonable) legitimacy demands.

Would it help if I did that?! Would it make GM suddenly more reliable for you? Or would you go about thinking it might be a setup still...

Cryptsy seems to be going the extra mile and requiring the additional photo ID + photo of "you", the other's just use Photo ID/Passport and Residential Bill.

I'm aware that none of the examples should the exact method I suggested. I'm unable to find such specifics; only seems to occur on social media. This is why, after looking at other Testimonial pages, suggested Genesis use Shopify's way. It's hard to fake a twitter account to be older than it actually is...in fact, the only way would be to have someone on the 'inside'.
...don't forget, the postings too. An old account that only started posting tweets a few weeks ago is also suspicious.

So, a twitter account that's 'old', and has frequently tweeted would lend a lot more credibility to Genesis's operation.

I know this is 'unreasonable', but the only other option is to give them money and see if 'you' get any back, which even a Ponzi Scheme does...for a while. So even that isn't reasonable proof.

This is why there needs to be an 'eBay' or 'Amazon' for Bitcoin companies to register with. Whether it's selling goods for BTC instead of cash, cloud mining, or investing (buy low sell, sell high for profit-making), it'd be a one-stop-shop for all things BTC. This way users can rate a company or file a report to have the company removed from the site (obviously, would take significant amount of reports).

Then, the community can just use that site to look for Bitcoin options. This would make it much harder to run a scam operation, because people wouldn't (or shouldn't) trust any company not on that 'BTC Hub' site. And you can't stay on (or better yet, even get on) if you're not legit.

((What can I say, I'm OCD about finding ways to prevent loopholes....it's what I do Tongue ))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: