Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:52:28 PM

One question about VeriBit:

If the markets starts to crash, and ppl will liquidate vrc to btc through the veribit, will the btc buffer take market depth into account or can i get a better price of my VRC via veribit in a fast declining market? That would make the buffer bleed.

Edit:
Thinking of this some more. If we have a crashing market, veribit makes it even easier for users to dump VRC directly from wallet and you will probably get a better price than transferring to exchange, waiting for confirmation and trading.
This would accelerate the crash and bleed out the veribit buffer.

Anyone?

To add to this:
If i think price is falling, i can open up a veribit address for my mintpal btc deposit address and wait. If price drops, i can sell my vrc for the price 15 minutes ago and buy back lower. If it doesn't, i can just cancel the transaction.

Or have I misunderstood? Looks like bear market trading without risk. Of course it will consume the btc buffer in veribit

Once you are in the blockchain its irreversible. If you where to cancel it prior. No orders would executed at that time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

If the markets starts to crash, and ppl will liquidate vrc to btc through the veribit, will the btc buffer take market depth into account or can i get a better price of my VRC via veribit in a fast declining market? That would make the buffer bleed.

Edit:
Thinking of this some more. If we have a crashing market, veribit makes it even easier for users to dump VRC directly from wallet and you will probably get a better price than transferring to exchange, waiting for confirmation and trading.

Anyone?

To add to this:
If i think price is falling, i can open up a veribit address for my mintpal btc deposit address and wait. If price drops, i can sell my vrc for the price 15 minutes ago and buy back lower. If it doesn't, i can just cancel the transaction.

Or have I misunderstood? Looks like bear market trading without risk. Of course it will consume the btc buffer in veribit

Once you are in the blockchain its irreversible. If you where to cancel it prior. No orders would executed at that time.

I understood the veribit address is active for 15 minutes based from the price of vrc from the time you open up the veribit address
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:11:01 PM

Will Vericoin pay taxes and will that be public record?

i think as long as bitcoin does it, vericoin is good to go  Wink

My concern is whoever controls VeriFund has to pay taxes. Everytime someone uses VeriSend, Veribit, or in the future pay with credit card is a taxable event. I'm not 100% sure how Verisend works, but changing Vericoins to BTC is technically a taxable event. Buying VRC with credit cards in the future definitely will be.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:13:01 PM

i think as long as bitcoin does it, vericoin is good to go  Wink

My concern is whoever controls VeriFund has to pay taxes. Everytime someone uses VeriSend, Veribit, or in the future pay with credit card is a taxable event. I'm not 100% sure how Verisend works, but changing Vericoins to BTC is technically a taxable event. Buying VRC with credit cards in the future definitely will be.

Are you a tax professional?

Or are you assuming this? What is your background in this field?

I'll say it again, here are tax laws im assuming you feel are being violated.

State and local revenue (income) taxes

Again, there's no general rule that applies in every state and city. Sometimes all nonprofit income is exempt. Sometimes it matters how the income was earned, or what it's for. Sometimes the state or local rules parallel the federal tax statutes; sometimes they are completely different.

So where is the specific issue?

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

I understood the veribit address is active for 15 minutes based from the price of vrc from the time you open up the veribit address

And you can open up more than 1 at a time, hold them open and push through many transactions at once using a script. This will be hilarious when exploited.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:16:21 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

My friend just mentioned this to me, and yes you can do this over and over risk free. You could even create a bot to do this and grab money on every drop. Open multiple instances at a time to maximize profits.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:18:42 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

My friend just mentioned this to me, and yes you can do this over and over risk free. You could even create a bot to do this and grab money on every drop. Open multiple instances at a time to maximize profits.

The moment this happens, the buffer goes up from 2 VRC to make it unprofitable until a solution is found. You all really don't troll well.

As with everything new, its being done on a small scale to weed out shitheads like you who take advantage of a good thing.

Actually, actions of you and your friend help strengthen and motivate teams like VeriCoin to progress and make them more secure.

So troll away, an issue of today, is a solution of tomorrow.  Roll Eyes

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

The moment this happens, the buffer goes up from 2 VRC to make it unprofitable until a solution is found. You all really don't troll well.

As with everything new, its being done on a small scale to weed out shitheads like you who take advantage of a good thing.

Actually, actions of you and people like you help strengthen and motivate teams like VeriCoin to progress and make them more secure.

You are getting mad because the designers didn't think far enough ahead to prevent obvious problems, this isn't an issue of trolls its an issue of bad design. If the price is raised to 2 VRC you just modify the bot to look for larger margins. If the solution is to continue to raise the fee then to what end, the feature becomes pointless because its unsustainable?

This is hacking not trolling, looking at how systems work and seeing how they can break. If they can't stand up to scrutinity then the system isn't good. This is why most good code is written in the open, unlike much of vericoins features which are closed source rush jobs.

keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:21:22 PM

Actually, actions of you and your friend help strengthen and motivate teams like VeriCoin to progress and make them more secure.

That was the point i was trying to convey
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:23:29 PM

Vericoin is officially #10 in Marketcap, right behind Blackcoin

#3 in 24hr Volume 1 Week Straight!
onsightit

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:24:19 PM

Does anyone know if the wallet encryption key can be backed up?  Is it backed up with the wallet backup?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if an encrypted wallet backup can be restored on another computer.  I just don't have time to dig in the code right now...

im not sure if i understand your question.

If you want to know if you can restore an encrypted wallet, then the answer is yes (if you have your passphrase of course).

If you want to know if you can restore the Passphrase of your encrypted wallet, then no.

Thanks, the first answer is what I was asking about.  I'm going to test this out in a few minutes with a small wallet on an old computer.

1. Install wallet.
2. Encrypt wallet.
3. Send 1 VRC to it.
4. Stake wallet.
5. Backup wallet.
6. Copy wallet backup to another computer and import the wallet.
7. Just for fun, I'm wondering what will happen if the wallet is open on two computers...

Wallet installs take a while, even with the bootstrap.  Here's were I am, stuck at step 6.  Thinking I would save some time, I installed the wallet on computer#2, and declined the "import wallet" step during installation. Now that it is installed, I have no option to import a wallet.  I tried uninstalling vericoin and reinstalling, but I was not offered an import step.  How can you import a wallet after you have installed vericoin?

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:24:36 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

Actually, actions of you and people like you help strengthen and motivate teams like VeriCoin to progress and make them more secure.

You are getting mad because the designers didn't think far enough ahead to prevent obvious problems, this isn't an issue of trolls its an issue of bad design. If the price is raised to 2 VRC you just modify the bot to look for larger margins. If the solution is to continue to raise the fee then to what end, the feature becomes pointless because its unsustainable?

This is hacking not trolling, looking at how systems work and seeing how they can break. If they can't stand up to scrutinity then the system isn't good. This is why most good code is written in the open, unlike much of vericoins features which are closed source rush jobs.

Okay, so. To make this work, you need to BUY the VeriCoin, to make it drop in price?

Your logic in this is awesome. I am sure more brilliant minds like you are jumping in to Buy VeriCoin, to sell it in hopes of making a few % when they get it to crash?

Am I missing something? How is this intelligent in your eyes?

patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:26:09 PM

obv the devs are aware and cers to the mnorons who puts this to public instead of making small amounts of profit - real smart hope you are proud of yourself
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:31:23 PM

obv the devs are aware and cers to the mnorons who puts this to public instead of making small amounts of profit - real smart hope you are proud of yourself

A quick solution is make it a 1-2 minute window, that way you would have to get extremely lucky to create such an issue. I see why you would want 15 minutes for convenience. But I am sure they could shorten that up and mitigate any issue.

onsightit

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:33:43 PM

What will be the demise of litecoin: ASICs or AltCoins?  The charts in this article are telling...

http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/30/litecoin-slumps-as-bitcoin-recovers-some-of-its-former-luster/

And is this a foreshadowing of BitCoin? Can an altcoin like VeriCoin supplant BitCoin?

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:35:17 PM

Does anyone know if the wallet encryption key can be backed up?  Is it backed up with the wallet backup?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if an encrypted wallet backup can be restored on another computer.  I just don't have time to dig in the code right now...

If you want to know if you can restore an encrypted wallet, then the answer is yes (if you have your passphrase of course).

If you want to know if you can restore the Passphrase of your encrypted wallet, then no.

Thanks, the first answer is what I was asking about.  I'm going to test this out in a few minutes with a small wallet on an old computer.

1. Install wallet.
2. Encrypt wallet.
3. Send 1 VRC to it.
4. Stake wallet.
5. Backup wallet.
7. Just for fun, I'm wondering what will happen if the wallet is open on two computers...

Wallet installs take a while, even with the bootstrap.  Here's were I am, stuck at step 6.  Thinking I would save some time, I installed the wallet on computer#2, and declined the "import wallet" step during installation. Now that it is installed, I have no option to import a wallet.  I tried uninstalling vericoin and reinstalling, but I was not offered an import step.  How can you import a wallet after you have installed vericoin?

no problem, just install the vericoin wallet and then move your wallet.dat (the backup of your wallet) to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\VeriCoin
if your backup is not called wallet.dat, you need to rename it.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:41:29 PM

look guys what happens when the pumpers take a break.......mintpal VRC trading dies im observing that for 10min now.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:45:49 PM

i think as long as bitcoin does it, vericoin is good to go  Wink

Are you a tax professional?

Or are you assuming this? What is your background in this field?

I'll say it again, here are tax laws im assuming you feel are being violated.

State and local revenue (income) taxes

Again, there's no general rule that applies in every state and city. Sometimes all nonprofit income is exempt. Sometimes it matters how the income was earned, or what it's for. Sometimes the state or local rules parallel the federal tax statutes; sometimes they are completely different.

So where is the specific issue?

I'm not a tax expert, but it looks like Capital gains to me. Or VeriFund looks like a business and needs the proper licensing and records. VeriFund operates like Bittrex right now basically a US non-fiat exchange.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:46:35 PM

Edit:

Anyone?

To add to this:

Okay, so. To make this work, you need to BUY the VeriCoin, to make it drop in price?

Your logic in this is awesome. I am sure more brilliant minds like you are jumping in to Buy VeriCoin, to sell it in hopes of making a few % when they get it to crash?

Am I missing something? How is this intelligent in your eyes?

The intention is not the make the price drop, the intention is to have risk free arbitrage.

For example:

You could constantly initiate say 5 1 BTC veribit trades. Save the prices of each trade and set a timer on them.

-- Initiates 5 trades where the value is 2200 per bitcoin

Over 14 minutes, check the prices on the markets using their API and compare the price differences.

IF -- Price drops significantly, so the new value is 3200 per bitcoin.

If the price fluctuates downward within the timeframe, we send the VRC we hold to veribit. Collect our 5 BTC, making a total of 5000 VRC.

ELSE IF -- Price doesn't drop

We let the trades lapse.

Doing this enough times could equate to a large amount of money with zero risk. If they raise the cost of the conversions, you just adjust the range which you would buy the bitcoins. You could even thread this process so you are doing it constantly. If it goes up you win, if it goes down you win. You are basically forcing the developers who didn't think enough about this feature to eat your losses.

I can write a simple golang script that does this about an hour, I could make a really refined one in a night.

onsightit

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:48:25 PM

Does anyone know if the wallet encryption key can be backed up?  Is it backed up with the wallet backup?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if an encrypted wallet backup can be restored on another computer.  I just don't have time to dig in the code right now...

1. Install wallet.
2. Encrypt wallet.
3. Send 1 VRC to it.
4. Stake wallet.
5. Backup wallet.

no problem, just install the vericoin wallet and then move your wallet.dat (the backup of your wallet) to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\VeriCoin
if your backup is not called wallet.dat, you need to rename it.

Thanks, that worked.  Perhaps this could be a user friendly feature for the next version of the wallet.

So the live wallet is stored in AppData even though I installed VeriCoin to an encrypted folder, which defeats the purpose of installing VeriCoin to an encrypted drive or folder.  I know the wallet is encrypted after I manually tell it to encrypt it, but some wallets are not (by default).  If you thought you were encrypting it by installing to an encrypted folder, you are wrong.  Food for thought...

EDIT: Step 7 was fun.

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: