Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 [867] 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:54:39 AM

We have created a stake-only endowment: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx

All funds donated to this will be staked perpetually. Only staked interest will be used to fund any VeriFund project.

Feel free to send any donations in and get this baby going! The donated funds will never be sold/traded/given away/used for projects. Only interest from it will be.
Seriously that address only has 1 VRC?
For this moment yes. Smiley Feel free to donate.

The donated funds will never be sold/traded/given away/used for projects. Only interest from it will be.

_@/'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:57:27 AM

https://github.com/VeriumReserve/verium/commit/1fb95f80fd92d2ca7c24b7d76fedd89e7ef92296

Showing 51 changed files with 211 additions and 2,304 deletions.

very impressive !!

I geuss it's time to buy  Wink

souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 08:01:51 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 10:06:23 AM by souljah1h

Quoting this again for visibility.

All funds donated to this will be staked perpetually. Only staked interest will be used to fund any VeriFund project.

Feel free to send any donations in and get this baby going! The donated funds will never be sold/traded/given away/used for projects. Only interest from it will be.

All ICO funds usage will be voted on by the community, details of voting procedure to come later, but we would like to have 50% of the VeriCoin raised in the ICO to be sent to this endowment and staked perpetually.  If you also like this idea be sure to vote for it.

We are considering granting free Verium to VRC holders. Our idea right now, though not set in stone is:

At the end of the ICO, the top 250 VRC addresses in terms of balance at that time and having had staked at least one block in month preceding the ICO end date will receive 1 VRM per 500 VRC with no partial VRM for between 0-500 VRC. For example, if you have 20,000 VRC, you would get 40 VRM. If you had 20,499 VRC you would still only get 40 VRM. Your VRC private key would be able to redeem the VRM by importing it to your wallet. If you keep your money on an exchange you would get nothing.

This will reward VRC stakers who are contributing to the security of VeriCoin. It will also help VRM gain some early adopters. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement, one of many in the Veri ecosystem.

What does everyone think of this idea? We have not made any decisions yet, but this will definitely play into it.

In addition to this, as effectsToCause mentioned earlier, we have proposed taking 50% of the ICO funds and donating it to our VeriFund endowment: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx. This address is only going to be used to stake perpetually. No donated coins will be used for funding anything. Only interest made off staking will ever be used to fund and support VeriCoin. Consider it a staking burn address where you know your donation will never help reduce the price of VRC.

Please comment with your take on our ideas for the VRM introduction and swap.

Basically:
Be in the top 250 list of VRC Addresses: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/#!rich
Stake your coins regularly
Get free Verium
^ I think this is a great idea.

_@/'
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:08:30 PM

any ETA for ICO details guys?

thanks

Full details on the ICO are not ready yet, we're still trying to gather feedback about some of our ideas for what to do with ICO funds. We're hoping to have some good feedback on our idea to take 50% of total ICO funds raised and deposit it to our VeriFund endowment: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx

I think there should be a vote not he 50/50 I say yes.  But on the rest of the stuff it will be used for development, maintenance and marketing don't know what needs to be discussed.

I'm going to guess you meant "should be a vote on the 50/50."

Yea that's what I meant.
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:16:42 PM

Seriously that address only has 1 VRC?

Well I did just create the address and only had sent a 1 VRC test deposit to make sure my key generation worked, so yes. The idea is that now people can donate to it at will. And if people agree on the 50% endowed ICO donation, then that will go here too.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 03:10:42 PM

_@/'
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:54:20 PM

What's wrong with my VeriCoin Android wallet? I sent vrc to my Android wallet, but my wallet says

Warning Not Connected

How do I get my mobile wallet connected?

Veri-MAD

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:30:10 PM

What's wrong with my VeriCoin Android wallet? I sent vrc to my Android wallet, but my wallet says

Warning Not Connected

Once the DDOS attack is circumvented I would post on the www.vericoinforums.com to get some help with Android wallet. Also the Devs are excellent at getting back rather quickly to help the community with any issues. Might want to shoot Pat and Doug a quick pm.

FANCIER

Activity: 207
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:50:54 PM

Warning Not Connected

Also is the same problem with Android VRC wallet.
Alternatively, I use https://bit.ac/vericoin
ANDROID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ac.bit

WordPress Themes That Empower 437,821 Customers.
http://www.elegantthemes.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=40460
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:51:38 PM

Welcome back Vericoin to bitcointalk.org(Circus of FUD)

Been away for a longtime and glad to see Vericoin Devs still keeping their heads down and working hard. Lots of new developments. Looking forward to Verium Shocked Grin Wink
MAD945

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:39:22 PM

Pat, Doug, Steve and David. As many have seen from recent ICO's/IPO's some of them are coming out as total scams Waves currently, 40%(12,000+/- BTC) of the ICO funds where withdrawn with no explanation from the Devs or anyone from the Waves team.

Can we get a complete breakdown with what will happen to and what the ICO funds will be used for? How will you guarantee what the funds will be used for and how they will be used, protected and secured? Transparency? Will the Vericoin/Verium community vote for how the funds will be used?

I just want a complete layout of how my investment will be used with as much detail as possible. I trust you guys whole hearted ly but for others who don't know Vericoin or the Dev's please lay it out for them.

Thanks
warr1979

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:32:39 PM

Pat, Doug, Steve and David. As many have seen from recent ICO's/IPO's some of them are coming out as total scams Waves currently, 40%(12,000+/- BTC) of the ICO funds where withdrawn with no explanation from the Devs or anyone from the Waves team.

Can we get a complete breakdown with what will happen to and what the ICO funds will be used for? How will you guarantee what the funds will be used for and how they will be used, protected and secured? Transparency? Will the Vericoin/Verium community vote for how the funds will be used?

I just want a complete layout of how my investment will be used with as much detail as possible. I trust you guys whole hearted ly but for others who don't know Vericoin or the Dev's please lay it out for them.

Thanks

If you search a few pages up, you will see they are still deciding.  One idea which I believe will be approved is that 50% will NOT be touched only the interest will be used, right there it makes all other vericoin more valuable.  The address has already been posted if you donate there the coins will not be touched!! The rest they want to vote on but these developers have been VERY transparent.  I don't think there in it strictly for the money two years in.
MAD945

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:02:43 AM

Thanks

If you search a few pages up, you will see they are still deciding.  One idea which I believe will be approved is that 50% will NOT be touched only the interest will be used, right there it makes all other vericoin more valuable.  The address has already been posted if you donate there the coins will not be touched!! The rest they want to vote on but these developers have been VERY transparent.  I don't think there in it strictly for the money two years in.

Thanks for the reply warr1979...I'm well aware of how transparent the Devs have been. But for the sake of future investors we need a clear cut set of rules and procedures on using the funds. I know they are working on it but we need that before the ICO begins.

I like the idea of 50% will be staked and interest used for further development costs, but we will need multi sig and voting by the community as well. I'm sure that this is what will happen but we should have a declaration to the community.
warr1979

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:40:18 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the reply warr1979...I'm well aware of how transparent the Devs have been. But for the sake of future investors we need a clear cut set of rules and procedures on using the funds. I know they are working on it but we need that before the ICO begins.

I like the idea of 50% will be staked and interest used for further development costs, but we will need multi sig and voting by the community as well. I'm sure that this is what will happen but we should have a declaration to the community.

Oh it's going to happen that's why they haven't announced dates stay tuned!
pnosker

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:44:50 AM

Thanks

I think we should have a community member or members be in charge of a multisig address for this. But so far, nobody has stepped up. It's easy to ramble on about openness and distributed decisions but realistically there needs to be a few people who are truly invested and are willing to volunteer their time to do something like this.

pnosker

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:46:21 AM

Warning Not Connected

Send an email to unekpl@gmail.com -- he runs the Android wallet.

pnosker

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:50:00 AM

Thanks

Yea of course. We haven't yet figured out exactly what we want yet, besides us devs thinking that a staking endowment would be really neat with 50% of the funds.

Roughly, for the other 50%, I think we're considering:

20% for current and future development work (perhaps half of which would be split by the 4 VRC devs for current work, the rest for if we take on any more developers, etc.)
15% for future projects
15% for current and future marketing efforts/server costs/block explorer costs/etc. (would reimburse the past couple years of hosting costs that I paid out of pocket, media creation (such as Bruno's images that are used in the wallet, help pay for the VRC Forums, etc.)

But this is pretty much made up by me on the spot, but I think it's realistic.

Cryptonitex

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:08:33 AM

Warning Not Connected

Send an email to unekpl@gmail.com -- he runs the Android wallet.
Thanks sent him an email
Sad if I lost a bit of VeriCoin.
Cryptonitex

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:14:00 AM

Thanks

I think we should have a community member or members be in charge of a multisig address for this. But so far, nobody has stepped up. It's easy to ramble on about openness and distributed decisions but realistically there needs to be a few people who are truly invested and are willing to volunteer their time to do something like this.
I've been with you guys for 2 years now. In and out here and there. BTW this is Vishera from VeriCoin forums. Different username.

I wanna know what can I do to help more with VeriCoin.
Cryptonitex

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:17:42 AM

Warning Not Connected

Also is the same problem with Android VRC wallet.
Alternatively, I use https://bit.ac/vericoin
ANDROID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ac.bit
I didn't know there was another wallet out there for VeriCoin on Android. Well use that if this wallet won't work. I emailed the developer of the official VeriCoin Android wallet.

Would rather use that because I sent VeriCoin to that wallet and I don't wanna lose my VeriCoin.
Wasn't that much, but that's VeriCoin out of the VeriCoin ecosystem.
Pages: « 1 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 [867] 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: