Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:07:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93955 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 12:01:16 AM

I was reluctant to switch to cgminer, but i did.... Works perfect... Very easy to use Smiley
Grin

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Math Man

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:03:09 AM

Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:04:49 AM

Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Math Man

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:19:43 AM

Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:24:40 AM

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley

Hehe np

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable  then the rest of the stuff you can enter once as it prompts then in the gui simply goto pool management to configure the backup pools then to settings and write the config, next time you simply need to run cgminer without any extra switches.

If you knew all that, ignore what I said. Smiley

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:29:42 AM

NOTICE TO GPUMAX/BACKUP ONLY USERS:

I am only accepting dedicated miners from now on for the waitinglist so if you are interested in using signing up to use Bonuspool as your backup pool then you dont have to bother signing up at all right now.

Also if there is no spots available I will start pruning GPUMAX/Backup users from the pool first in order to make room for dedicated miners.

GPUMAX/Backup users, changes will be announced soon either before this coming Sunday otherwise before next week Wednesday regarding the future of Bonuspool for you, stay tuned to this thread as I will only make the announcement here. Our dedicated miners have grown large enough to maintain Bonuspool for now and I wish to give them priority/peak performance at all time.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 12:30:39 AM

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable
You know I think your users would be unhappy if there was a problem on your pool again and they started getting infinite rejects and cgminer didn't disconnect them. That's why that feature is there in cgminer in the first place. Plus the code to try to reconnect afterwards has been upgraded so there's a chance it may work by now. To me it would seem more important to the miners that they were hashing sensibly rather than staying connected 100% to your pool.

-ck
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:33:43 AM

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable
You know I think your users would be unhappy if there was a problem on your pool again and they started getting infinite rejects and cgminer didn't disconnect them. That's why that feature is there in cgminer in the first place. Plus the code to try to reconnect afterwards has been upgraded so there's a chance it may work by now. To me it would seem more important to the miners that they were hashing sensibly rather than staying connected 100% to your pool.

Fair enough, I have however been testing by forcing multiple times killing the pool and at worse it would spam a few rejects and either drop for backup pool or reconnect to bonuspool. Ive not noticed a single instance since the recent updates where it would just continually hang with neverending reject spamming.

There is however alot of instances with some users where they manage a large farm and bonuspool on only a few of their rigs remain disabled indefinitely, did you add code that would automaticly re-active disabled pools perhaps ? If you do have such code in cgminer then it would obviously remain beneficial for everyone not to add the --no-pool-disable line.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 12:46:56 AM

Fair enough, I have however been testing by forcing multiple times killing the pool and at worse it would spam a few rejects and either drop for backup pool or reconnect to bonuspool. Ive not noticed a single instance since the recent updates where it would just continually hang with neverending reject spamming.

There is however alot of instances with some users where they manage a large farm and bonuspool on only a few of their rigs remain disabled indefinitely, did you add code that would automaticly re-active disabled pools perhaps ? If you do have such code in cgminer then it would obviously remain beneficial for everyone not to add the --no-pool-disable line.
As said above in red. But it has not been tested, or if it has, it's done it without anyone even knowing it.

-ck
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:36:12 AM

I send in stales/rejects... Has been working fine. under 1% Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:46:02 AM

Yep it doesnt work sometimes but Ive actually tested this over a long run and from what I saw submitting stales caused high rejects/stales than using the no-submit-stale switch, each to their own and if people dont mind it then its fine with me, the difference wasnt big but definitely noticable.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:47:21 AM

Note that KNOWN stales in cgminer do not count towards disabling a pool. It is only if there is a 3 minute run of unexpected rejects in a row without a single accepted share. Only an extreme situation would cause this. Using --no-submit-stale does not change the chance of hitting this either... As always I put a lot of thought into my defaults. Using --no-submit-stale only decreases the reported stale rate and occasionally you miss out on a possible share you would have gotten paid for due to laxity at the pool end so you lose nothing but stats by submitting them.

-ck
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:54:53 AM

That's what I figured.... with the stales/retards so low now...... I feel it makes no difference..... Smiley IMO.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:28:21 AM

Note that KNOWN stales in cgminer do not count towards disabling a pool. It is only if there is a 3 minute run of unexpected rejects in a row without a single accepted share. Only an extreme situation would cause this. Using --no-submit-stale does not change the chance of hitting this either... As always I put a lot of thought into my defaults. Using --no-submit-stale only decreases the reported stale rate and occasionally you miss out on a possible share you would have gotten paid for due to laxity at the pool end so you lose nothing but stats by submitting them.

Defaults are perfect for me.

Don't use --no-submit-stale because there is a chance you might miss on a good share.

Don't use --no-pool-disable because I tested it and it works just fine on another pool which also had problems like Clipse's pool. It will stop talking if the pool freaks out and rejects all shares for like 5 minutes then it will come back up automatically when pool behaves again - I have this tested on LAN proxy too and it works extremely well FYI.

Thanks ckolivas !
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:24:49 PM

Server is a tad overloaded right now and you may notice occasional stalerate spikes but shouldnt be much higher at all.

As said before I will look into best approach to deal with this scaling issue over the weekend.

Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:59:44 PM

Is this simply a case of too much hashing power being directed @ bonus pool? Would be interesting/fun to see a page with server load/throughput stats.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:09:37 PM

Is this simply a case of too much hashing power being directed @ bonus pool? Would be interesting/fun to see a page with server load/throughput stats.

Too much irratic hashrate bumps due to alot of come-and-go'ers. I will have that sorted out though. Smiley

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:03:11 PM

Waiting for 2 new dedicated server allocations, I should have it within the next 48hrs. In the meantime I will test the configuration to end up on that.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 08:16:07 PM

Does that mean we get a 80% increase on the PPS rate? Tongue Tongue...

have a nice weekend bud Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:41:17 PM

Quick reset, gotta increase the current pool caching for the influx of trolls and they hashing powahs. Smiley

re rates: When you start seeing more stales than the extra earnings we can talk Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: