Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 07:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:29:49 PM

you guys are cute trying to defend scammers, I guess you are new in crypto investments.

Please explain the scam that you see. Is it for real not posting for 3 days or is there something legit?
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

you guys are cute trying to defend scammers, I guess you are new in crypto investments.

Says the activity 57 troll. If you are so old school then this is obviously a puppet account for FUD.
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:25:00 PM

The recylcer is working fine right?
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:26:03 PM

As we've said from the beginning, we need the community to step up and help with work on the coin, especially with marketing and promotion. Coins that are successful have heavy marketing and promotion from the community, and external developers working on supporting ecosystem elements like games, dice sites, block explorers, faucets, etc. This is what MAST needs, more than anything.

As you can see from the flawless launch, fork-free PoW period, perfect cutover to PoW+PoS and then pure-PoS, the development and release of CoinRecycler in a web-based form and in the wallet via console, this is not a "scam coin" in any way.

Our team is talented and capable, but unfortunately that means we are all also quite busy with professional careers and other personal responsibilities. Our goal has always been to provide a fully functional, problem-free coin, and then to add innovative features on top of that. However, it is a fallacy to think that adults living in first world countries with high cost of living can continually work endless hours on development of a coin with little community support and a low/declining price.

In short, this is all a long way of explaining that something must change.

If you want the coin to succeed over the long-term, like we do, we need your help.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

As we've said from the beginning, we need the community to step up and help with work on the coin, especially with marketing and promotion. Coins that are successful have heavy marketing and promotion from the community, and external developers working on supporting ecosystem elements like games, dice sites, block explorers, faucets, etc. This is what MAST needs, more than anything.

As you can see from the flawless launch, fork-free PoW period, perfect cutover to PoW+PoS and then pure-PoS, the development and release of CoinRecycler in a web-based form and in the wallet via console, this is not a "scam coin" in any way.

Our team is talented and capable, but unfortunately that means we are all also quite busy with professional careers and other personal responsibilities. Our goal has always been to provide a fully functional, problem-free coin, and then to add innovative features on top of that. However, it is a fallacy to think that adults living in first world countries with high cost of living can continually work endless hours on development of a coin with little community support and a low/declining price.

If you want the coin to succeed over the long-term, like we do, we need your help.

I know exactly what you mean. Talented developers have employers who pay them well and will increase their salaries to keep them. With the talented developers behind this, the community could make this explode. Let's start coming up with some impressive marketing/promotions while the devs take care of the developmnent skills.
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:34:26 PM

This speaks volumes for me personally guys.

The dev team is in place, committed but also has there day job!!

They want to implement new features lets let them do it.

Let us as a community come to the fore and promote the shit outta this capable coin!!

Twitter Facebook should be prepared for an upcoming MAST PR boost

Lets come together, unite and help our dev team!!

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

seattletu

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

We need to start thinking outside the box regarding promotion because what we've been trying isn't getting the message out.

Perhaps we should have a group of us that specifically looks over certain tasks. A second tier other than the devs that work the code.
seattletu

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:47:59 PM

I think we need to open our eyes and appreciate what an awesome Dev we have here. And if he is saying we need to step up promotion then that's what we need to do, no excuses.
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

We need to start thinking outside the box regarding promotion because what we've been trying isn't getting the message out.

Perhaps we should have a group of us that specifically looks over certain tasks. A second tier other than the devs that work the code.

We fully agree, and are happy to work with interested parties to help get them up to speed on any code questions, and will accept pull requests to our GitHub repository.

Beyond that, one thing that we've heard suggested, and would consider, in order to spark interest in MAST is a second PoW mining period. That is usually a very unpopular option among existing coin holders, because it "devalues" the coin. However, if we're all capable of rational discussion and being honest here, looking at the coin's current value, it doesn't seem like it will get much lower by having more coins mined.

Any additional interest we can bring into the coin will likely only serve to increase its position in the market.

Promoting a pure-PoS coin is much more difficult than a coin that can be mined, because the only way for new entrants to get into the coin is by buying it. Pure-PoS also reduces liquidity, which means whales can't accumulate coins and pump - which is a common complaint we've heard.

Depending on the discussion that follows, one benefit of a second mining PoW period could be to provide coins for a marketing fund, giveaways, etc. without requiring existing holders to contribute heavily.

We're interested in discussing the idea at least -- what are your thoughts?
ChrisLandin

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:48:45 PM

+1 on that.

I will gladly help in any way I can however im not very tech savvy. I can post and tweet however and certainly input into discussions regarding promoting the coin  Smiley

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

seattletu

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:52:11 PM

I don't see a second pow mining phase driving up the price. Who are the buyers gonna be?
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:52:47 PM

Dev team - please don't get discouraged by the vocal minority and the trolls. Many people appreciate your hard work.
seattletu

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:56:39 PM

What you are saying is a second pow phase to spark interest in the coin. Which is just a way of attempting to market the coin. I say instead of adding confusion with a second pow phase to do a round about way of marketing, we just take marketing head on.
kakp

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

before making a second POW mining phase you should at least release the coin recycler integration...
ChrisLandin

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:57:43 PM

Do we really need an extra POW mining period?

We have the coins roughly 2.5 million. IF we can promote the coin, get it accepted as a VALID method of payment surely that will help in driving value? OUR task is making MAST the coin to trade, accepted in more stores, sites than the competition.

Extra coins would make it possibly to pump and dump which would be detrimental to the good work you guys have done!! What about maybe increasing the rate of interest, if that could be done in POS?

Granted though the return of POW would stimulate interest in the coin but if that were to happen I would think we would maybe need to also have a new feature that we could use to hook the returning miners in with to keep them invested in MAST to prevent the P&D

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:58:04 PM

I don't see a second pow mining phase driving up the price. Who are the buyers gonna be?

The important part to PoW mining is its effect in raising awareness of the coin and in building the community. Miners become aware of the coin and join the community. Some will sell, of course, but others will be interested in becoming long-term participants in the community.. which is what we need.

A pure-PoS coin can only gain substantial, ongoing attention through constant increases in price, which are difficult to achieve.
ecmho0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:00:08 PM

How about paying ppl small amounts of MAST for mintpal votes, worked pretty good for pinkcoin.
invall

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:02:27 PM

first focus in the coinreycler in the wallet, because a second pow mining is a desesperate attempt and for example if i manage to get 1% of the market (with 2.5M), then i will have only 0.5% of the market (if there is 2.5M more) ??

that's a good way to scare the last investors who are still in...

really man the only advice i have for you is to focus in this coinrecycler
seattletu

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:04:37 PM

first focus in the coinreycler in the wallet, because a second pow mining is a desesperate attempt and for example if i manage to get 1% of the market (with 2.5M), then i will have only 0.5% of the market (if there is 2.5M more) ??

that's a good way to scare the last investors who are still in...

really man the only advice i have for you is to focus in this coinrecycler

I agree with this. I feel like my best move would be to get rid of all my coins as they become diluted.

But I also understand the Dev throwing the idea out because it would spark interest.
kakp

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

and one thing, making a second pow phase without some new features would be a suicide. the price would simply fall even more.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: