Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:25:50 AM

I've talked to IRL friends about your coin, and they were positively impressed by the potential of recycling a lot of shitty cryptos. When i said that actually the coin recycler can just recycle 5 coins, they were like "oh... only 5 coins... it's too bad that thing doesn't accept a lot more cryptos ! we have a lot of dust cryptos to evacuate from our old wallets"

I'm agree with them, let's add some more popular cryptos, even if the algo is Scrypt, X11 X13 etc it will be amazing as fuck !!
If it's too difficult for provisioning them, no prob, set a max amount !

And about the presence of devs, let's post more than one message a day and people will begin to think "hey... this coin is active, the dev is posting everyday !"
Even a "hi there" will provide more trust for users.
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:48:10 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:24:24 AM by MastiffCoin

I've talked to IRL friends about your coin, and they were positively impressed by the potential of recycling a lot of shitty cryptos. When i said that actually the coin recycler can just recycle 5 coins, they were like "oh... only 5 coins... it's too bad that thing doesn't accept a lot more cryptos ! we have a lot of dust cryptos to evacuate from our old wallets"

I'm agree with them, let's add some more popular cryptos, even if the algo is Scrypt, X11 X13 etc it will be amazing as fuck !!

And about the presence of devs, let's post more than one message a day and people will begin to think "hey... this coin is active, the dev is posting everyday !"

That's great feedback, keep up the good work mangodream Smiley

The goal isn't specifically to "recycle shitty coins", but to provide an exchange mechanism for MAST. CoinRecycler also provides the equivalent of CloakCoin's "CloakSend" (anonymous transactions via exchanges) to any other coin!

We'll soon be adding MAST-MAST support, probably under a new label to distinguish it from the existing "recycling" marketing. Does anyone want to get started with some ideas on names?

Here's a few:

MastSend
ShadowSend
PrivateSend
PrivacyTX
EnhancedPrivacy
UltraPrivacy
codyswanson4

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:28:11 AM

The goal isn't just to "recycle shitty coins", but provide an exchange mechanism for MAST. It also provides the equivalent of CloakCoin's "CloakSend" (anonymous transactions via exchanges) to any other coin that uses MAST.

We'll soon be adding MAST-MAST support, probably under a new label to distinguish it from the existing "recycling" marketing. Does anyone want to get started with some ideas on names?

Here's a few:

MastSend
ShadowSend
PrivateSend
PrivacyTX
EnhancedPrivacy
UltraPrivacy

I really like Mastsend or Privatesend

Need something done in C??  PM me!!
AltxF4

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:35:32 AM

Thatguy on IRC is interested in helping me get a dice game going.

I will have to brain storm with DGMItC, when I get a change.

One thing we need is a solid Marketing Plan. Tweeting right now is still fine, but we need something solid with a person in the driver seat of this bus!

So all those interested, Message me in IRC so we can get to planning.

I have long periods of inactivity since I can only log in every now and and then from my phone ,and my browser seems to crash so I may miss some things
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

I just want to go on record here, I'm helping build a Dice game and potentially help the Dev team with programming, granted I still have a LOT to learn, but I want to take that leap to help MAST, because I know it should be a lot higher than it is.  I still have a lot to learn in the world of crypto and as a programmer this is really exciting for me!  I just want to ask, what are you doing to help MAST?  I want to hear solid plans here, even if your only still in college like I am, something like this could rocket launch your career if we do it right, I want to see the marketers drawing up solid plans and programmers like myself helping the people who want to make programs.  I've never even programmed on Linux but you know what?  Fuck it.  I'm willing to learn and if your in marketing I'd highly advise the same kind of mindset, only together will we accomplish this, and at the end of the day you have something to put on your resume, so why not?  Let's shoot for the stars.

seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:44:36 AM

I'm gonna try to target some hot girls on twitter and see if we can get some tweets.
invall

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:33:06 AM

Here's a few:

MastSend
ShadowSend
PrivateSend
PrivacyTX
EnhancedPrivacy
UltraPrivacy

There is already darksend, cloaksend, libertysend, supersend... so i don't think MastSend would be good

MastAnon, MastGuard, SafeSend, PrivateSend.

One little advice, try to keep activity on twitter, it does not inspire confidence to see there is no new tweet for almost 1 week.
AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:50:40 AM

Checkup Before Bed... I am really Digging MastGuard.... And SafeSend if there is not anything already called that.
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:54:15 PM

Here's a few:

MastSend
ShadowSend
PrivateSend
PrivacyTX
EnhancedPrivacy
UltraPrivacy

There is already darksend, cloaksend, libertysend, supersend... so i don't think MastSend would be good

MastAnon, MastGuard, SafeSend, PrivateSend.

One little advice, try to keep activity on twitter, it does not inspire confidence to see there is no new tweet for almost 1 week.

That's exactly why MastSend is an option. Keeping the same nomenclature for like-functionality in products can be useful as it instantly helps your audience identify what you're offering. Having a unique name also has its benefits though, of course. "MastSend" isn't our top pick, but whether it is the best name or not is what's up for discussion Smiley

Our team's favorite of the names we listed and have seen discussed so far is probably PrivateSend, as it seems to best convey the idea we're trying to community. "MastCoin, now with PrivateSend(tm) technology!" sounds pretty good initially. But, we would love to see more brainstorming and suggestions from the community!

We're going to work on ramping up our Twitter activity. We can also consider scheduling tweets, if anyone here wants to take the lead on helping write up a bunch of tweets to schedule.
Casu

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:57:02 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:07:22 PM by Casu

I look at MastSend and there is nothing initially to separate it from the other coins you listed, it just looks like we are late to the party. Something like 'OmniSend' or such that would indicate the cross-blockchain ability would be my preference.
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:29:17 PM

I look at MastSend and there is nothing initially to separate it from the other coins you listed, it just looks like we are late to the party. Something like 'OmniSend' or such that would indicate the cross-blockchain ability would be my preference.

We're talking about names solely for MAST-MAST transactions, so there's no cross-blockchain there.
Casu

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:35:57 PM

We're talking about names solely for MAST-MAST transactions, so there's no cross-blockchain there.

Ah then my bad. Not sure what I would choose then. PrivateSend and MastSend are both pretty decent.
benedictlol

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

Ah then my bad. Not sure what I would choose then. PrivateSend and MastSend are both pretty decent.

PrivateSend has my vote!
ESM

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:52:56 PM

I cannot speak for everyone but I can tell you it is very annoying when the terms of a coin changes....ie another PoW phase.

Coin liquidity and total available comes into play when making purchase decisions and all of the sudden when things change and significant amount of coins are released/availability increased then you are diluting the holdings of the initial supporters who are here for the specs originally set forth. IMO best to stick with the original idea and figure out other ways to expose the coin.

What if 42 coin became 42k coin or 42 million coin....would that be good?
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:32:03 PM

I cannot speak for everyone but I can tell you it is very annoying when the terms of a coin changes....ie another PoW phase.

Coin liquidity and total available comes into play when making purchase decisions and all of the sudden when things change and significant amount of coins are released/availability increased then you are diluting the holdings of the initial supporters who are here for the specs originally set forth. IMO best to stick with the original idea and figure out other ways to expose the coin.

What if 42 coin became 42k coin or 42 million coin....would that be good?

Situations change, and coins either adapt or die. The original concept behind the coin was Mastiff, if you recall, but that was decided to be changed by the community as well. A change in coin cap makes sense, following the rebranding to MastCoin, because the only reason for such a low coin count was to fit the Mastiff theme of value and rarity.

A second PoW period is also likely to be the best chance at growing the MastCoin community. However, if we all decide to move ahead with a second PoW phase, anyone is obviously welcome to sell if they don't agree. There will not be an "all of a sudden" change, it would be announced well in advance.
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:35:08 PM

Thanks, for giving the heads up, I will most likely sell, but wish you guys the best.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
benedictlol

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:45:13 PM

If a second POW period were to take place would there be SuperBlocks again?

MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

A second PoW period is still under discussion, but it does appear to be the best available solution to growing the MastCoin community, barring a substantial change in the current situation. Keep in mind that if adding a second PoW period increases the size and involvement of the community, it likely will increase the value of each coin, regardless of any increase in the total number of coins.

One solution to reducing any potential impact from increasing the number of coins would be to keep the total number roughly the same by lowering the PoS interest percentage to compensate.

My initial guess would be that if there was a second PoW period, it would not have SuperBlocks, and it would take place over a longer timeframe than the first one.
benedictlol

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

A second PoW period is still under discussion, but it does appear to be the best available solution to growing the MastCoin community, barring a substantial change in the current situation. Keep in mind that if adding a second PoW period increases the size and involvement of the community, it likely will increase the value of each coin, regardless of any increase in the total number of coins.

One solution to reducing any potential impact from increasing the number of coins would be to keep the total number roughly the same by lowering the PoS interest percentage to compensate.

My initial guess would be that if there was a second PoW period, it would not have SuperBlocks, and it would take place over a longer timeframe than the first one.

I agree that it is the best solution so far to grow the community, we need more and fresh faces around here to help grow.
I think that once the PoW period date has been decided, the twitter accounts of MastCoin & everyone here need to be begin spreading the word to whomever they can. Most coins nowadays don't last very long once the miners and dumpers have left, this coin is almost 2 months old, to keep it going longer we need more awareness and investors.

Perhaps a % bonus could be added to the coin recycler during the PoW period and a handful of new coins implemented for recycling. I think this idea has been suggested on previous pages.
Another idea being that a small %  fee of the transactions in the recycler during the PoW period go towards a giveaway at the end of the PoW?

Do you have an update on the development of Stage 2 on the Roadmap?

Here to help in anyway I can.

Edit: I notice on the first post of many coins they list all articles/publicity of the coin, whilst here we have none.
People are still writing articles about MastCoin (http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/2014/07/10/mastcoin-tofrom-bitcoin-via-wallet-coming-soon-coinrecycler-update/)
It may be worthwhile to reach out to more sites.
cryptomass

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:20:33 PM

what if the generation of new mast would be done only in ways different than with traditional mining?
we already have pos, pot also could be added if not too difficult to implement. this would attract merchants as well.
also as has been already proposed, there could be a bonus each time someone recycles, a por, proof of recycle.

sidenote:
i understand when dev stays away from mast for days for lack of time to spare for this project.
i would also like to be more active as mast is my favourite coin, but i am in the peak of my real life job untill the end of august so
for now i can only put little time in it.
in a few weeks i'll be more present.

mass
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: