Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:03:55 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 05:21:58 AM by DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Alright, I look forward to your future work then Dev, how about releasing something small just to establish a little confidence from the community again?  Btw all, if this coin gets back up do not be surprised if we see a momentary drop in price, it's expected that some will dump once they can break even again, we'll just need to absorb it and keep moving forward, don't let it frighten you into dumping, remember our estimated value in three months is supposedly 5.5k and our projected value is 100k if we do this right.  Dev if you want some help, I'm happy to but I'm gonna need a little course to help me start.

Edit:  Learnin Html/CSS on code academy atm  Smiley

Edit2:  Someone pointed out this link earlier...  uploaded by MastCoin.  Title:  Initial commit for CoinRecycler wallet integration, Phase 1.  https://github.com/mastcoin/mastcoin/commit/2b54b14ccaf6d3b2b89ccca8290741ba6f8a496e  It's a starting place at least.

Enthef420

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:27:09 PM

When did the dev leave? I was away for two months now I'm back. We need a way to track down these developers that leave. Online social ousting would be recourse. I would personally like to shoot them in the head.    Angry

Nebulaz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:27:04 AM

I agree with your sentiment exactly.  My thing is, I think since there is no "company" that has a "board" to answer to, when the community gets antsy and impatient, bugs can cause developers to abandon projects rather than answer to an angry community.

While this is not the best response, it seems there is little room for error from the expectations of the community when the devs essentially get no beta-testing phase and have to many times release untested software.  The reactionary nature of this free market is probably very scary and intimidating to developers, so I can truly understand why they just cut and run sometimes. 

Now, this project has promise in my opinion.  It also seems to have a large community full of reasonable and knowledgeable people.  I understand the anticipation factor that comes with being involved in cryptos, but I think if the Mast Developers understood that the community IS legitimately behind them, it might make them come back or hand over the project more willingly.  They seemed to be pretty transparent about most things up until this last week, so I am hoping they help resolve this situation. 

Chris

Hi Chris,

The current developers have historically been most active in the #mastcoin irc channel on freenode. Could you by any chance hop in? They're currently idling in the chat, but otherwise inactive. I'm sure the best method to get in contact with them would be via those means.
Much of the community is also resident there, and thus for a broader and more responsive audience I'd recommend establishing a presence in the IRC channel.

Anyway, I'm very happy that another team is taking interest in the coin. As we currently understand it, we have generally had an exposure problem rather than any other sort of issue (which I believe is largely responsible for the lack of developer activity), and thus would welcome input in that regard as well.

Thank you for your time,

Nebulaz
(Nebulas on Freenode)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 12:37:46 PM

I agree with your sentiment exactly.  My thing is, I think since there is no "company" that has a "board" to answer to, when the community gets antsy and impatient, bugs can cause developers to abandon projects rather than answer to an angry community.

While this is not the best response, it seems there is little room for error from the expectations of the community when the devs essentially get no beta-testing phase and have to many times release untested software.  The reactionary nature of this free market is probably very scary and intimidating to developers, so I can truly understand why they just cut and run sometimes. 

Now, this project has promise in my opinion.  It also seems to have a large community full of reasonable and knowledgeable people.  I understand the anticipation factor that comes with being involved in cryptos, but I think if the Mast Developers understood that the community IS legitimately behind them, it might make them come back or hand over the project more willingly.  They seemed to be pretty transparent about most things up until this last week, so I am hoping they help resolve this situation. 

Chris

Hi Chris,

The current developers have historically been most active in the #mastcoin irc channel on freenode. Could you by any chance hop in? They're currently idling in the chat, but otherwise inactive. I'm sure the best method to get in contact with them would be via those means.
Much of the community is also resident there, and thus for a broader and more responsive audience I'd recommend establishing a presence in the IRC channel.

Anyway, I'm very happy that another team is taking interest in the coin. As we currently understand it, we have generally had an exposure problem rather than any other sort of issue (which I believe is largely responsible for the lack of developer activity), and thus would welcome input in that regard as well.

Thank you for your time,

Nebulaz
(Nebulas on Freenode)

Thanks for the heads up!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:07:32 AM

So I have made contact with the developers, and as I suspected before, they are all busy with their real life occupations.  The development team is still around, but again, they have occupations that they are beholden to.  More to come soon Smiley

Chris

Chrisbates01@gmail.com

jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:16:19 PM

So I have made contact with the developers, and as I suspected before, they are all busy with their real life occupations.  The development team is still around, but again, they have occupations that they are beholden to.  More to come soon Smiley

Chris

Chrisbates01@gmail.com

Cool! I'm cautiously optimistic about this Smiley

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:27:32 PM

busy spending time on other long cons Tongue
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Chris

Chrisbates01@gmail.com

Until I see anything released whatsoever, as am I

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:22:21 PM

So I have made contact with the developers, and as I suspected before, they are all busy with their real life occupations.  The development team is still around, but again, they have occupations that they are beholden to.  More to come soon Smiley

Chris

Chrisbates01@gmail.com

I don't blame everyone for being "skeptical" of anything related to cryptocurrency because there have been so many scams.  Concerning the Mastcoin developers, I have to assert that when they have legitimate jobs, and they get negative and borderline-violent rhetoric coming from this forum, you can understand why they might focus on their main occupations, first right?  

I just want people to understand that negative and vitriolic rhetoric won't help anything in the process.  Especially making the developers feel like the community is actually behind them.  So if the community is interested in seeing the Mastcoin project continue, I would hope that even in cautious optimism the angry rhetoric could be kept to a minimum.  

Software development takes time, and as far as the rest of the Crypto world goes, the Mastcoin team delivered the Recycler faster than any other community delivered anything.  If you REALLY want to see them make something of this, get behind Mast.  

Now, I hope everyone approaches anything crypto related with at least SOME skepticism...but to that extent, if you WANT a coin to succeed, the community itself can be part of that success.  

If the developers don't make empty promises, and deliver on everything, they will have done their job.  The Mastcoin project can still work.

Chris

DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:56:33 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 10:11:44 PM by DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

I don't blame everyone for being "skeptical" of anything related to cryptocurrency because there have been so many scams.  Concerning the Mastcoin developers, I have to assert that when they have legitimate jobs, and they get negative and borderline-violent rhetoric coming from this forum, you can understand why they might focus on their main occupations, first right?  

I just want people to understand that negative and vitriolic rhetoric won't help anything in the process.  Especially making the developers feel like the community is actually behind them.  So if the community is interested in seeing the Mastcoin project continue, I would hope that even in cautious optimism the angry rhetoric could be kept to a minimum.  

Software development takes time, and as far as the rest of the Crypto world goes, the Mastcoin team delivered the Recycler faster than any other community delivered anything.  If you REALLY want to see them make something of this, get behind Mast.  

Now, I hope everyone approaches anything crypto related with at least SOME skepticism...but to that extent, if you WANT a coin to succeed, the community itself can be part of that success.  

If the developers don't make empty promises, and deliver on everything, they will have done their job.  The Mastcoin project can still work.

Chris

I agree, I already agreed I'd hold my share until it died, tho I hope I don't see that day happen.

But any cryptos market is reflective on the development behind it however and I'll advise folk to be cautious until I see real development (By the way, I missed the showing of the test site, could I get a screenshot or something?  Thanks)  But on the flip side as fellow programmer (in college, still learning) I can attest that my measly little CMD prompt coding took HOURS to do, I got it perfected in 2-3 days and that's 500 lines of code without any headers whatsoever...  The community pushed too hard and past Dev's didn't want the market to crash so they released a "psuedo" exchange to bide time until they got the code perfected, which is completely understandable given the pressure to help the market while major community members slowly started to have negative effects on the market by voicing fallacies, and questioning what was happening behind the scenes.  I tried to voice my concerns about this and how it would drive them away/produce errored code.  You will have my support once I see further development, even if you want to keep it closed source.  but you should allot for extensive Beta testing, especially after the release of the "psuedo" recycler to help build trust in the program.

All that being said, while I am no crypto level programmer, I'm willing to help out and learn (If someone would actually take me under their wing, lol) I've been doing code academy, but that can only teach you so much...  Look forward to your response.

And past Dev's, if you should happen to stumble across this, I don't blame you.  I can't say I wouldn't have backed off of the tremendous pressure as well that was put on you by the old community.  But right now you have a chance to start over from scratch, the only people still on these forums are true supporters.  While it wasn't cool to back out unannounced, you're still welcome back.  You're ideas thus-far have been amazing, the only problem was implementation due to too much pressure.  Whatever you decide to do, god speed.

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:54:13 PM

Well done Chris. This coin can still be a big player. I know someone with many bit coins that might buy a lot of mast on the open market if this coin can get it together. We all know the potential is HUGE.

I'm getting deep into graphic design and will start throwing together some cool designs with the mast logo. If anyone has a transparent .png file of the logo I would be interested thanks.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:18:10 PM

So I have made contact with the developers, and as I suspected before, they are all busy with their real life occupations.  The development team is still around, but again, they have occupations that they are beholden to.  More to come soon Smiley

Chris

Chrisbates01@gmail.com

Chris

If the devs knew that their full time corporate jobs were going to take up most of their time...THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED A SERIOUS PROJECT LIKE THIS THAT INVOLVED PEOPLE TO PUT IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INTO! They shouldve been transparent about that fact from the beginning. Because in todays altcoin scene..like many people have mentioned...1 week is like 1 year in crypto. If you're not going to be involved full time with your coin, then it has no chance of competing in such a competitive field. Either have the faith to quit your job and work on the coin full time (because you can make much more if you make it a successful one), or just stick to your day job. Once again the market doesnt lie.

@Seattletu..this coin doesnt need a logo. Was that another joke? Vir6 has already made one of the best logos out there. Don't ruin the simplicity, it doesnt doesnt need more designs. This coin doesnt need graphic artists, it needs an active, FULL TIME, competent development team.

DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:04:41 AM

If the devs knew that their full time corporate jobs were going to take up most of their time...THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED A SERIOUS PROJECT LIKE THIS THAT INVOLVED PEOPLE TO PUT IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INTO! They shouldve been transparent about that fact from the beginning. Because in todays altcoin scene..like many people have mentioned...1 week is like 1 year in crypto. If you're not going to be involved full time with your coin, then it has no chance of competing in such a competitive field. Either have the faith to quit your job and work on the coin full time (because you can make much more if you make it a successful one), or just stick to your day job. Once again the market doesnt lie.

@Seattletu..this coin doesnt need a logo. Was that another joke? Vir6 has already made one of the best logos out there. Don't ruin the simplicity, it doesnt doesnt need more designs. This coin doesnt need graphic artists, it needs an active, FULL TIME, competent development team.

Ahh, I spoke to soon it seems, old Devs I guess stay away because the negativity seems to persist...  shame really...  but I do agree @Seattletu.  We don't need a new logo nor a rebrand for that matter...  a proper developed coin will sell itself regardless of the name, it is merely a waiting game for most...  I'm going to continue to ask someone to help me learn so I can help and learning other languages on my own for future developments if I'm needed

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:20:45 PM

I'm not talking about a new logo...why would I ask for the transparent .PNG of the current logo if I was making a new logo? I'm talking about animating the current one.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

While I definitely agree a "new logo" isn't going to be what makes Mastcoin a solid coin, I don't think it hurts community involvement to have people making different designs. 

In addition, the new approach to Mast will be a much more infrastructure based approach that is aiming to build long term merchant acceptance so Mast ALWAYS has a value somewhere, and it's not just dependent upon weekly news to satiate the market.  If Mast can get some solid economic infrastructure behind it, it can easily be one of the most stable long term valued coins out there because the development team is actually solid. 

As far as them not devoting their time to this project, I am not sure people realize how many developers have better options.  Almost all of them could be doing something that immediately pays more than cryptocurrency, but they are doing this to actually try and build new systems that are real innovation, and that doesn't happen every week.  So again, I ask that if you are interested in seeing REAL long term development, the Mast development team is legit.  I personally LOVE when people have options beyond crypto because to me that shows they have true passion about this, and that is what we need in developers.  Demanding weekly developments that are revolutionary every week is unreasonable.  I will work to make sure no empty promises are made, and if that means saying something will take 3 months to develop rather than 3 weeks, then that is what we will do.

Now, I understand as investors people need to see returns on their investments.  Putting duress on the developers won't make anything happen any faster when they can simply walk away.  If you are here reading this message, then something about Mast interests you.  If you want to see it succeed, then just give the developers time, and give us the chance to work through a new model. 

Chris

TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:11:16 PM

Thanks great updates, I think most the people just want to know whats going on, if something takes 3 weeks or 3 months it does not matter as long as we know whats going on, in the crypto world devs abandon coins all the time, so people get scared of there investment.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:27:17 PM

Thanks great updates, I think most the people just want to know whats going on, if something takes 3 weeks or 3 months it does not matter as long as we know whats going on, in the crypto world devs abandon coins all the time, so people get scared of there investment.

EXACTLY!

I hate that just as much as everyone else.  Smiley

I am trying to make it so that Mast has legitimate time to develop.  Even to the point where we were talking about the need for "meaning" behind "Mastcoin".  Now that the developers are known to be still active, I would consider suggestions as I have already come up with "Mixed Anonymous Secure Transactions".  In creating a meaningful acronym to "Mast" that reflects the recycler and the long term Tor inclusion, something along those lines would make it MUCH simpler to explain what Mast is.  If you can break down Mastcoin into four words that explain the tech behind the coin, it makes it much easier to explain the intricacies of the coin's long term network.  

Explaining "masternodes" and such is interesting to crypto-geeks, but to most it's dry and boring.  So, we will work on brevity for explanation, and longevity for planning. Smiley

Chris

Edit: It could ALSO be said as working on planning for longevity Smiley

Enthef420

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:30:26 PM

Ahh, I spoke to soon it seems, old Devs I guess stay away because the negativity seems to persist...  shame really...  but I do agree @Seattletu.  We don't need a new logo nor a rebrand for that matter...  a proper developed coin will sell itself regardless of the name, it is merely a waiting game for most...  I'm going to continue to ask someone to help me learn so I can help and learning other languages on my own for future developments if I'm needed

The original DEV's could quit their REAL jobs or whatever that might be if Mastiff took off.  I don't think anyone in their right mind would invest with no full time dev team with their feet half in half out of the pool. Such a shame we all lost out to the losers in charge of these projects. I wouldn't dare invest in these idiots.

DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:04:22 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 07:24:29 PM by DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

2 things.  So many people are pissed off because they lost thousands.  You all forgot the first rule of investing.  Do it as if you're going to lose it all anyway.  It's no ones' fault you decided to put thousands into a thing that just started out.  New coins die all the time and you knew right out the gate this is the riskiest territory to be in, period.  I'm sorry you all lost out, I truly am, but for future investments please remember the first rule...

2.  Do you want my help Developing??

Edit:  Also, if you want to make the money back on this investment, why not help us turn it around?

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:26:10 PM

2.  Do you want my help Developing??

E-mail me at Chrisbates01@gmail.com

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: