Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283059 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:55:38 AM

We now have a mobile news aggregator for Maieuticoin for both Android and Windows Based Devices. This will sync up with several social media sites including Twitter, Reddit, and the Maieuticoin Forums to give you all the current Maieuticoin information

It's a bit of a step up from the mailing list you guys were asking for. I told you to be patient  Wink

I hope you still will use the email list. Looks like you don't care about Blackberry users.

Wow peeps still  use bb??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMXIV (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:57:26 AM

So just like that MMXIV has been completely abandoned? What about existing coins floating around in wallets? Imagine if one day BTC suddenly disappeared and, hey, now we have BTC2! I don't see why you'd throw away the existing block chain, coins, addresses, etc and relaunch as a new coin. If its meant to be a currency network how can you suddenly make changes like this and tell everyone their coins are worth nothing?

Yes, it's completely abandoned. The reason was simple. The blockchain was not secure. Not only were the mining rewards next to nothing, but the hashrate was extremely low. Now with pure stake securing the network, any attacks on the blockchain can now be thwarted before they even begin

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:59:50 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 05:33:25 AM by MMXIV

We now have a mobile news aggregator for Maieuticoin for both Android and Windows Based Devices. This will sync up with several social media sites including Twitter, Reddit, and the Maieuticoin Forums to give you all the current Maieuticoin information

It's a bit of a step up from the mailing list you guys were asking for. I told you to be patient  Wink

I hope you still will use the email list. Looks like you don't care about Blackberry users.

I'm doing my best. You refuse to use IRC because you say it's too old. Blackberry is too outdated to spend development time on such a small target audience

The email list will only be used for super important notifications, such as hard forks. Although there are no plans for one...should the need arise, we will also send alerts across the network so the update message shows in everyone's client, as well

Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:39:31 AM

I'm doing my best. You refuse to use IRC because you say it's too old. Blackberry is too outdated to spend development time on such a small target audience

The email list will only be used for super important notifications, such as hard forks. Although there are no plans for one...should the need arise, we will also send alerts across the network so the update message shows in everyone's client, as well
No, I don't use IRC because it's got to be the worst chat interface I've ever seen and I don't have time to hang out in a chat room all day. Seriously, it doesn't even show you if anyone else is in the chat room! I find it rather convenient to click on a link when bitcointalk tells me a new message has been posted.

Some good action on Bittrex tonight. Great prices!
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:04:07 AM

So just like that MMXIV has been completely abandoned? What about existing coins floating around in wallets? Imagine if one day BTC suddenly disappeared and, hey, now we have BTC2! I don't see why you'd throw away the existing block chain, coins, addresses, etc and relaunch as a new coin. If its meant to be a currency network how can you suddenly make changes like this and tell everyone their coins are worth nothing?

Yes, it's completely abandoned. The reason was simple. The blockchain was not secure. Not only were the mining rewards next to nothing, but the hashrate was extremely low. Now with pure stake securing the network, any attacks on the blockchain can now be thwarted before they even begin

Well, I guess its the standard way for coins now. Oh the coin isn't working out, hey lets launch another, because there aren't enough already. What about the previous transactions and accounts? Who cares...

Nothing like a stable coin!

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 06:11:54 AM

Well, I guess its the standard way for coins now. Oh the coin isn't working out, hey lets launch another, because there aren't enough already. What about the previous transactions and accounts? Who cares...

The balance you had on MMXIV was credited to you in the new one in a 1:1 exchange.  I did mine on Bittrex it wasn't hard to do

The staking actually works well. And that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like POS

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:16:18 AM

The balance you had on MMXIV was credited to you in the new one in a 1:1 exchange.  I did mine on Bittrex it wasn't hard to do

The staking actually works well. And that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like POS

Correct, the balances were transferred over from MMXIV. Whatever you had on there was sent to you on your new address; on a very secure blockchain. We left the window open to switch over open (after the huge switch on Bittrex) for over 6 weeks. There was plenty of time

I am very confident having anyone review our code, or prove how secure it really is

Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:01:15 AM

Correct, the balances were transferred over from MMXIV. Whatever you had on there was sent to you on your new address; on a very secure blockchain. We left the window open to switch over open (after the huge switch on Bittrex) for over 6 weeks. There was plenty of time

I am very confident having anyone review our code, or prove how secure it really is

Its easy to say 'there was plenty of time' but with the amount of coins out there it really isn't, these sort of changes you only know about when its too late. It simply isn't practical to regularly check if a coins about to undergo a change rendering any existing coins worthless. I don't ring my local fiat currency exchange everyday to make sure the notes in my wallet are still valid, its effectively the same thing.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:57:04 AM

Its easy to say 'there was plenty of time' but with the amount of coins out there it really isn't, these sort of changes you only know about when its too late. It simply isn't practical to regularly check if a coins about to undergo a change rendering any existing coins worthless. I don't ring my local fiat currency exchange everyday to make sure the notes in my wallet are still valid, its effectively the same thing.

We had to make a judgement call on how to properly secure the blockchain. That was the safest route

robmob

Activity: 658

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:34:52 PM

When we going to land on the moon with this coin, this weekend looks like a good weekend to climb aboard the space ship

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
Phosphorous

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

Pool down...
[Added later] Back up again...
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:03:41 PM

Pool down...

Thanks for the report. I'll let him know to post it here next time an update is getting pushed live. Sorry about that

Quote from: IRC:
<ThePeePs> pool going down for a bit for system updates

You can always use the Maieuticoin Ticket System for both coin and pool support

ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:10:02 PM

Pool down...
[Added later] Back up again...

Sorry for the brief outage on the pool, I had to patch my firewall and the pool for the bash exploit (dubed shellshock), and the patches required a reboot. Everything is back up and running now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:14:53 PM

Just finding a price where the dumpers want to get out at. I'm just getting started this weekend  Wink

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:38:31 PM

Just finding a price where the dumpers want to get out at. I'm just getting started this weekend  Wink

PM me your target price for the weekend

Phosphorous

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

That's collusion.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

We should (at the very least) be on the first page of coinmarketcap by the end of the weekend

warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

Pretty much - Finally found the wallet - which I had first discovered would be worthless when I did find it - a day late and 4.78880942 MMXIV short.  Oh well... part of the learning curve when straying from bitcoin i guess.

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:06:30 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 06:31:11 PM by MMXIV

Pretty much - Finally found the wallet - which I had first discovered would be worthless when I did find it - a day late and 4.78880942 MMXIV short.  Oh well... part of the learning curve when straying from bitcoin i guess.

Sorry for the bad timing. I assure you, though, our blockchain will not ever be compromised

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:40:46 AM

Looking for a few legit peers to review the Maieuticoin situation. PM me for more info if you have a rep for knowing what you are looking at, please. You'll also get a link to whatever you want on our site for your time

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: