Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:41:31 AM

1 week to rev 2... This is the week I expect it to really start hitting up... Is there a link to the incorporated features... Should be exciting.. I'm expecting whales to start showing up... These trolls are probably a precursor to that ... Get me cheap coins lads!!!
Just goes to show though... The attack vector of the fud now is so narrow it just comes across as totally desperate and childish.
Really ?  How do you think whales view the unnecessary defence of Jasin? Defending Jasin is a trade XC  can lose on but not win on. If Jasin gets found guilty of fraud in a future legal case XC loses. If that does not happen XC gains nothing they would not have had anyway.
Do you think that added risk makes whales want to buy?

Everything after and including..."We consider..." was unnecessary and just puts the project at risk.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg8720311#msg8720311

IF the fraud was centered around XC, sure... but his ASIC deal was something COMPLETELY not related to XC at all.

It's like saying a company should go down because one of their part time employee killed someone while drunk.   (remember Jasin never coded for XC so he's not even really a part time employee in any sense.   more like an invited consultant that haven't consulted anything yet)

Everyone should deserve to be innocent until proven guilty.   Are people saying that Jasin is completely innocent?   I don't think the XC community is saying he is or isn't guilty.   We are just saying that his innocence/guilt really have NOTHING to do with XC.   If they feel that Jasin is guilty, then take legal action against him and let the law deal with him...   We as a community can't do anything....    IF he's a real scammer, you think a whole bunch of annoymous people on a forum is going to really get him to pay back the money?  

The people that feel ripped off really need to take the action that will get their money back, not just whine in our thread....

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Statement on XC's relation to Jasinlee

Hello all

We would like to state the nature of XC's relation to Jasinlee.

Jasinlee is not an official member of the XC Team, as has been reflected on our website for some time.

Jasinlee chose to remove himself from the XC Team out of concern for the effect that ongoing misperceptions about his troubled ASIC project might have on XC.

As such, XC is entirely independent of Jasinlee’s various projects, and clients of the Fibonacci ASIC project have no basis for associating its outcome with XC in any way.

We consider this matter resolved. Now concerning a separate matter, that of public perceptions of Jasinlee’s character and actions, at no point has the XC Team had reason to lose faith in Jasinlee’s integrity of character or doubt his intentions, whether toward XC or toward Fibonacci. Furthermore Jasinlee is entirely confident that a resolution will be reached. As such we have confidence that Jasin will resolve the outstanding issues with the Fibonacci ASIC project. Furthermore we believe that current arguments to the contrary are poorly substantiated and largely speculative, and therefore lack sufficient warrant. Given their severity, these allegations are thus of a highly unethical nature.

Finally, regarding Jasinlee’s past role at XC, he is a thought-leader, and we are grateful for his insightful and energising contribution and presence. However Jasinlee did not make any contributions to XC’s code and has not had access to it. Thus he has not been a developer for XC.

Why do you always use so many enters on the beginning of your message? Why not just do it like this:

Statement on XC's relation to Jasinlee
Hello all

We would like to state the nature of XC's relation to Jasinlee.

Jasinlee is not an official member of the XC Team, as has been reflected on our website for some time.

Jasinlee chose to remove himself from the XC Team out of concern for the effect that ongoing misperceptions about his troubled ASIC project might have on XC.

As such, XC is entirely independent of Jasinlee’s various projects, and clients of the Fibonacci ASIC project have no basis for associating its outcome with XC in any way.

We consider this matter resolved. Now concerning a separate matter, that of public perceptions of Jasinlee’s character and actions, at no point has the XC Team had reason to lose faith in Jasinlee’s integrity of character or doubt his intentions, whether toward XC or toward Fibonacci. Furthermore Jasinlee is entirely confident that a resolution will be reached. As such we have confidence that Jasin will resolve the outstanding issues with the Fibonacci ASIC project. Furthermore we believe that current arguments to the contrary are poorly substantiated and largely speculative, and therefore lack sufficient warrant. Given their severity, these allegations are thus of a highly unethical nature.

Finally, regarding Jasinlee’s past role at XC, he is a thought-leader, and we are grateful for his insightful and energising contribution and presence. However Jasinlee did not make any contributions to XC’s code and has not had access to it. Thus he has not been a developer for XC.
That looks more professional.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:54:27 AM

1 week to rev 2... This is the week I expect it to really start hitting up... Is there a link to the incorporated features... Should be exciting.. I'm expecting whales to start showing up... These trolls are probably a precursor to that ... Get me cheap coins lads!!!
Just goes to show though... The attack vector of the fud now is so narrow it just comes across as totally desperate and childish.
Really ?  How do you think whales view the unnecessary defence of Jasin? Defending Jasin is a trade XC  can lose on but not win on. If Jasin gets found guilty of fraud in a future legal case XC loses. If that does not happen XC gains nothing they would not have had anyway.

Everything after and including..."We consider..." was unnecessary and just puts the project at risk.

I don't think they would care.. Xc is fledgling, actors come and go.. I really am struggling for why we are being linked to any of this tbh... The phrase storm in a tea cup and posters with too much time on their hands cones to my mind.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:56:35 AM

I don't think they would care.. Xc is fledgling, actors come and go.. I really am struggling for why we are being linked to any of this tbh... The phrase storm in a tea cup and posters with too much time on their hands cones to my mind.

Ya... they won't care as long as the tech works.  I mean... look at this awesomeness...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?8bd4b429c9f0651ebedab6b37ea2b1f7b64f4087e4a7dbd10e06c9af2122d8e6.htm

Sent 10 XC here...   Who sent to who??!?!  How can this be possibly decoded?

Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:57:17 AM

The salty tears caused by un-diversified bad investments.
People didn't do their due diligence and investigation into what they invested in.
What they hopefully get from this is to not overexpose in their portfolio, and if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

The saddest part about this is that it seems that the guy genuinely is trying to pay people back but the whiners wan't to bear no cost of risk. I bet if it had been at a profit they would wan't the full reward.

Crypto is still a free market, with winners and losers. Where chance of reward comes at a chance of loss.

Think about it this way, what happened was that the market moved resources from people that didn't deserve them. Beautiful really.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:07:22 AM

The salty tears caused by un-diversified bad investments.
People didn't do their due diligence and investigation into what they invested in.
What they hopefully get from this is to not overexpose in their portfolio, and if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

The saddest part about this is that it seems that the guy genuinely is trying to pay people back but the whiners wan't to bear no cost of risk. I bet if it had been at a profit they would wan't the full reward.

Crypto is still a free market, with winners and losers. Where chance of reward comes at a chance of loss.

Think about it this way, what happened was that the market moved resources from people that didn't deserve them. Beautiful really.

Yep. And some people learn the hard way.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:22:00 AM

what would be great with the rev2 release is as small sneek peek at the UI. just a screen shot would be enough. some eyecandy for those programming illiterates like me.  Smiley
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:05:51 AM

Yeah, I cannot wait to see the UI.. I think from Wednesday the interest will really start ramping.. 1 WEEK TO GOOOO...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:16:39 AM

What's happening with Dan Metcalf lately ? The temptation of fast bitcoins corrupted him ? I see that he uses his reputation to pump every shitcoin out there. Stealth, Key, Halcyon ? He even writes posts to their threads, hyping the audits, announcing the specific dates for the results. After he posted a message to halcyon thread, it went up 2 times in price. It baffles me. I've read this entire XC thread and the other old one and i thought he is legit. Almost disgusting to see this happening...

I've started a proof-of-code service, to review code and in the future will also be doing digital signatures on builds so that users can be assured that the wallet is clean and virus free.

Yes it is a paid service that I'm doing in my spare-time.

Dan

Dan is helping verify that other coins that people are buying aren't just hot air.

It's a win for crypto.

Trust is a major issue in altcoins. It's very valuable to have someone perform the function Dan is performing here. It significantly diminishes the potential for FUD (and we all know how awful a FUDstorm can be for a young coin. XC had it the worst, didn't it? So we want to help eliminate the kind of abusive behaviour that almost sunk XC.)

XC has always stood for moving crypto forward. This is another small way in which Dan does so.

I understand this and compleately agree...but... Wasn't made an announcement by you synechist that all the code reviews were going to be announced here as well as in the other coins thread at the same time??

Is it still going on like this or not? Did not see it happen for librex and stealth...

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 11:25:11 AM

I am wondering what REV 2 will do for the price.
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:33:23 AM

What about the new UI preview?

That's Rev 2.5.

What's the next version number of XC going to be? As I understand, it will be final rev. 2?

Latest version number is 0.9.2.48a_RC2.XCurrency-2.47.
Wouldn't it be wise to change version numbering a bit? Current naming of the releases is a bit confusing as the current version includes v 2.48a and 2.47 at the same time.

If the next final rev 2 won't include 2.5's XChat and New UI preview, wouldn't it be wise to handle it as 2.49?
Changing the version numbering to a bit less confusing would let people follow the roadmap a bit easier.

Seems like Dan fixed the naming a bit - Latest version is 0.9.2.48b_RC1.XCurrency-REV2, thanks for that.

I'm still interested what version is Final REV 2.0 called as current version is near 2.5?
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:38:58 AM

I am wondering what REV 2 will do for the price.

don't expect wonders from one release, with XC i think its more going to be a general rise in interest and positiv recognition in the coming weeks. Which hopefully will result in a steadily forming bull market more than an overnight pump. And i think giving XC a face in form of an ui would fuel the recognition extremely.the tech savvy generaly underestimte the power off simple aestetic appeal. The UI , if good, will be a huge magnet, believe me.

That beeing said i'm happy to be positivly surprised and see some quick jump to much higher base. with stable price at such low volume this is absolutely possible atm.  Smiley
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:02:16 PM

Wasn't made an announcement by you synechist that all the code reviews were going to be announced here as well as in the other coins thread at the same time??

Is it still going on like this or not? Did not see it happen for librex and stealth...

I'm keen to let you guys know about these reviews every single time. However there are two factors that may (and sometimes will) prevent this:
- The other coin blurts out the news despite Dan asking them to co-ordinate with me first.
- I'm not around to hear from Dan about a review when the coin blurts it out.

That said, I hope you've had a good time with Halcyon so far. I certainly have. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:05:00 PM

What is the developers opinion on scripting on the blockchain (Turing complete a la Ethereum)?
I would appreciate some feedback on this...

Good question. Maybe someone should answer this?

While I'm not a developer, this actually came up in conversation with devs last night, and the opinion voiced then was that no-one (not even Ethereum) appears to have got around the Halting Problem.

We think we've got a far better way to do blockchain 2.0, but you'll have to wait and see what that'll be. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:07:16 PM

Could XCMixers also store XChat messages encrypted of cause and at a fee? Currently both sender and receiver has to be online and that's fine, but at a fee it could be saved for offline deliverance. XCMixers will be most likely to have a lot of uptime but the message should of cause be split up and spread across several mixers with redundancy for safety and security.

Just a suggestion Smiley

Bump, Teka Synechist?

That's an interesting suggestion. Thanks.

On the face of it it's conceivable that mixers could forward messages trustlessly, or perhaps store them once XC gets its content delivery system done.

However my guess is that XChat will be for online-online communication only, and that we'll introduce some sort of XC email service for online-offline communication with persistent messaging history.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:08:46 PM

Seems like Dan fixed the naming a bit - Latest version is 0.9.2.48b_RC1.XCurrency-REV2, thanks for that.

I'm still interested what version is Final REV 2.0 called as current version is near 2.5?

That's an open question. It depends on how many revisions Dan releases before we move on from Rev 2.

Someone should put bets on it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:13:14 PM

Wasn't made an announcement by you synechist that all the code reviews were going to be announced here as well as in the other coins thread at the same time??

I'm keen to let you guys know about these reviews every single time. However there are two factors that may (and sometimes will) prevent this:
- The other coin blurts out the news despite Dan asking them to co-ordinate with me first.

That said, I hope you've had a good time with Halcyon so far. I certainly have. :-)

Thank you for your reply. I certainly had a good time with halcyon..now im already out.

By the way my suggestion would be just for Dan to ask for the news to do not be leaked out until the announcement in our thread or otherwise the review will not be made anymore.

I don't want to dictate how Dan need to behave in this situation but since he agreed with the community knowing at the same time of the other coin about the review this will be the best and simple solution IMO.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:25:17 PM

Thank you for your reply. I certainly had a good time with halcyon..now im already out.

By the way my suggestion would be just for Dan to ask for the news to do not be leaked out until the announcement in our thread or otherwise the review will not be made anymore.

I don't want to dictate how Dan need to behave in this situation but since he agreed with the community knowing at the same time of the other coin about the review this will be the best and simple solution IMO.

Well, Dan agreed that other coins blurting out news can spark backlashes, misinterpretations, and all kinds of bollocks. I'm the one whose job it is to stay on this forum and keep in touch with you all, and so it's me who made the commitment to keep the XC community in the loop. Dan's commitment is simply to include me so that PR muckups are prevented with code reviews and anything else involving other coins.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:27:53 PM

what would be great with the rev2 release is as small sneek peek at the UI. just a screen shot would be enough. some eyecandy for those programming illiterates like me.  Smiley

Yep - I agree. A nice shiny bit of eye candy would be a good idea. It's the red paint on the Ferrari.  
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:31:54 PM

Yep - I agree. A nice shiny bit of eye candy would be a good idea. It's the red paint on the Ferrari. 

Guys, the new UI is for Rev 2.5, not for the final Rev 2.

What's coming up are new features for XC's anonymity. They're pretty awesome.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: