Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:43:49 PM

well bought a few more at these prices. Thanks honorcoin! Easy profit for 24 hours of mining.

I cant help myself, XC is like.... crack...
Haha, samehere

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zheratuul

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

So what was the winning logo?
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:57:53 PM

Seriously, allot of money has leaked out of XC in the last few hours into VTC, so much that the price dropped 20%, so you then come here and tell people to transfer their money over to VTC when the dump is commencing. Meaning, they would have to sell out at a 20% loss to get into a coin that's being dumped.

I can't put into words how stupid that is.

I didnt mean now and I didnt even mention buying VRC. I just said it is probably a good idea to diversify into more than one coin. I do like XC at this price but the volume is just too low. I will probably dump the rest of my XC at around 115k if VRC has a good buying oppurtunity like back to 11k.

But that doesnt mean I hate XC. There is nothing stopping me buying back into XC in the future, like when they have some news and market volume.

Between me and a friend we collectively missed out on around $80k profit by not selling XC near its high because we got too emotional yet I see the professional traders in here keep emotions out of it can easily short a coin in the short term while holding a positive outlook in the long term.

edit: Just wanted to add, yes I was very stupid to sell LTC that low but thats because I didnt understand how the markets were being manipulated and I was believing too much in price. But now that I have started trading full time I will not make the same mistake.

I suck at trading, I am just a beginner. I only made $300 shorting VRC on the pump excluding my long gains (around $2-3k). $300 is rubbish and you will probably laugh, but how much money did Mr XC bag hold forever make in the same day? Nothing.

What other coin actually is WORTH diversifying into that you aren't afraid the dev will just pack up their bags and run?!?!   

Please, do tell us one that actually might have some long term potential that the dev is a known quantity?

mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:58:12 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 09:13:32 PM by mikemikemike

Seriously, allot of money has leaked out of XC in the last few hours into VTC, so much that the price dropped 20%, so you then come here and tell people to transfer their money over to VTC when the dump is commencing. Meaning, they would have to sell out at a 20% loss to get into a coin that's being dumped.

I didnt mean now and I didnt even mention buying VRC. I just said it is probably a good idea to diversify into more than one coin. I do like XC at this price but the volume is just too low. I will probably dump the rest of my XC at around 115k if VRC has a good buying oppurtunity like back to 11k.

But that doesnt mean I hate XC. There is nothing stopping me buying back into XC in the future, like when they have some news and market volume.

Between me and a friend we collectively missed out on around $80k profit by not selling XC near its high because we got too emotional yet I see the professional traders in here keep emotions out of it can easily short a coin in the short term while holding a positive outlook in the long term.

edit: Just wanted to add, yes I was very stupid to sell LTC that low but thats because I didnt understand how the markets were being manipulated and I was believing too much in price. But now that I have started trading full time I will not make the same mistake.

Firstly, your a bagholder, not people investing now. Smart people sold out ages ago and will begin rebuying now, not the other way around.

Secondly, your last few posts on the XC thread, the XC thread, have mentioned VRC a load of times. To the point where I had to check your previous posts just to make sure you wern't some VRC shill promoting the coins pump and dump around the forum.

Thirdly, you don't promote diversification when the price is well below its natural low, you promote it when it's climbing exponentially. And you definitely don't do it when the coins price is guaranteed to double in the next month.

Fourthly, Its the weekend. Since when has volume not taken a huge dive on a weekend.

Finally, if you think LTC's price has anything to do with manipulation then seriously stop trading now. Only people who don't understand how markets work claim the swings that they don't understand are because of manipulation. It's like the kids who don't get their favourite Christmas presents blaming it on Santa Claus.

I'm going to use that quote about Santa Claus and manipulation. It's an excellent metaphor.

Anyways, this seems like a non argument. If you haven't diversified originally then you shouldn't be investing. People who go 100% in on each investment arn't investors they are gamblers.

Also, if you believe for a split second that trading is for everyone it isn't. It seems everyone with access to bitcoins and an exchange now thinks of themselves as some flash Wall Street day trader, and their not. Most people lose money trading. The best advice I can give is unless you know the ins and outs of everything related to trading, don't even bother.

The smart people are the ones that know this and chose to be investors instead. They are the ones that skip from investment to investment every few months and make gains upon gains. instead of traders who make periodic gains here then periodic losses there, all the time while playing their emotions more than playing the markets, and 99% of the time, losing out on huge opportunities of exponential gains.  Investors though will spend two months doubling their money just holding in a smart investment choice. They do that four times in a year they have 16x what they started with. No traders, apart from a very small amount of us, can beat those returns, and that's only because we have spent years and years doing this professionally. People who don't have that experience are ultimately in for a very bad time, just like the poster above. If he would have just sat back, worked out in and out numbers, and doubled up every few months instead of making  trades here and there he wouldn't be sitting at the opportunity loss he is now.

Urghhh. Point I'm making is don't become traders. Not in this game. Only a few percent of the people who think they are traders will ever beat investors. Investors are where the smart people are at, traders in this game are mostly wannabes who lose allot more than they could gain.

Find two investments. buy at the bottom and hold then, sell at the top. Start again. Rinse repeat.

To put this in perspective, I spent years as a professional trader, and I rarely have more than four trading sessions a month. Pretty much all of my time is spent doing research and evaluating my current and future investments. In crypto when you can double your money every two months just by making a smart investment choice, there is near zero need to trade apart from on news or to switch investments.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:09:56 PM

Firstly, your a bagholder, not people investing now. Smart people sold out ages ago and will begin rebuying now, not the other way around.

Secondly, your last few posts on the XC thread, the XC thread, have mentioned VRC a load of times. To the point where I had to check your previous posts just to make sure you wern't some VRC shill promoting the coins pump and dump around the forum.

Thirdly, you don't promote diversification when the price is well below its natural low, you promote it when it's climbing exponentially. And you definitely don't do it when the coins price is guaranteed to double in the next month.

Fourthly, Its the weekend. Since when has volume not taken a huge dive on a weekend.

Finally, if you think LTC's price has anything to do with manipulation then seriously stop trading now. Only people who don't understand how markets work claim the swings that they don't understand are because of manipulation. It's like the kids who don't get their favourite Christmas presents blaming it on Santa Claus.

I'm going to use that quote about Santa Claus and manipulation. It's an excellent metaphor.

Anyways, this seems like a non argument. If you haven't diversified originally then you shouldn't be investing. People who go 100% in on each investment arn't investors they are gamblers.

Also, if you believe for a split second that trading is for everyone it isn't. It seems everyone with access to bitcoins and an exchange now thinks of themselves as some flash Wall Street day trader, and their not. Most people lose money trading. The best advice I can give is unless you know the ins and outs of everything related to trading, don't even bother.

The smart people are the ones that know this and chose to be investors instead. They are the ones that skip from investment to investment every few months and make gains upon gains. instead of traders who make periodic gains here then periodic losses there, all the time while playing their emotions more than playing the markets, and 99% of the time, losing out on huge opportunities of exponential gains.  Investors though will spend two months doubling their money just holding in a smart investment choice. They do that four times in a year they have 16x what they started with. No traders, apart from a very small amount of us, can beat those returns, and that's only because we have spent years and years doing this professionally. People who don't have that experience are ultimately in for a very bad time, just like the poster above. If he would have just sat back, worked out in and out numbers, and doubled up every few months instead of making  trades here and there he wouldn't be sitting at the opportunity loss he is now.

Urghhh. Point I'm making is don't become traders. Not in this game. Only a few percent of the people who think they are traders will ever beat investors. Investors are where the smart people are at, traders in this game are mostly wannabes who lose allot more than they could gain.

Find two investments. buy at the bottom and hold then, sell at the top. Start again. Rinse repeat.

To put this in perspective, I spent years as a professional trader, and I rarely have more than four trading sessions a month. Pretty much all of my time is spent doing research and evaluating my current and future investments. In crypto when you can double your money every two months just by making a smart investment choice, there is near zero need to trade apart from on news or to switch investments.

+1

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

Mike x 3 - to you still own any XC?  Seems like everyone is exiting..
greyskies

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:22:25 PM

Has anyone noticed that mindfox (the guy atcsecure shared code with to be peer reviewed) is now the dev of an anon coin?

Maybe we shouldn't have listened to the DRK trolls who pushed for the code review.

Although it's the multi path stuff (atcsecure's speciality) which will really make XC do special things, which comes out in XC RC 2.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:24:30 PM

Reading Mike's posts I get the impression himself and his group are adding not selling.....

When then bullets are flying get buying...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:27:17 PM

Grr my account got hacked and now I have to start all over. So I am the old Grifftech Smiley
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:27:34 PM

Reading Mike's posts I get the impression himself and his group are adding not selling.....

Yeah, my bet is that it would take more than a low-volume VRC-related selloff to convince Mike that he didn't get cheap coins a couple of days ago.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:28:30 PM

Has anyone noticed that mindfox (the guy atcsecure shared code with to be peer reviewed) is now the dev of an anon coin?

Maybe we shouldn't have listened to the DRK trolls who pushed for the code review.

Although it's the multi path stuff (atcsecure's speciality) which will really make XC do special things, which comes out in XC RC 2.

which one?

btw, I loved Mike's post, yet again, and I am one more time out of fap tissue :/

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
saberu

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:31:41 PM

What mike is trying to say is most of us will fail at trading. Mike afaik you have been day trading XC at least with shorts lasting a few days? like your 200k to 100k call.

I agree most people could not make good traders like you. Still will be nice to buy back twice as much XC if VRC gets pumped.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:32:03 PM

which one?

btw, I loved Mike's post, yet again, and I am one more time out of fap tissue :/

Crypt.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:32:59 PM

Mike x 3 - to you still own any XC?  Seems like everyone is exiting..

66% of my funds are now in XC, I would have more but diversification is necessary for risk management. Anyways, I have no reason to exit, its near its bottom and its the perfect time to buy in. I couldn't really care less about these minor swings because I know what's going to happen in the long term, I'm sure most of you do too. plus, there is no other investments at the moment that I can guarantee with above 95% success it will return at least double my money within the next two months. I wouldn't be surprised if it quadruples or even more. Trust me, I wouldn't be here otherwise.

The only other investment choice I have for the future that can guarantee this sort success is if LTCBTC breaks past the 0.02 barrier around late July time and continues on with its cycle.

See below. If it passes 0.02 and holds its confirmation of a new cycle. This probably won't happen until late July, early August. This is my next investment after the next XC bubble if this confirmation is achieved.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

66% of my funds are now in XC, I would have more but diversification is necessary for risk management. Anyways, I have no reason to exit, its near its bottom and its the perfect time to buy in. I couldn't really care less about these minor swings because I know what's going to happen in the long term, I'm sure most of you do too. plus, there is no other investments at the moment that I can guarantee with above 95% success it will return at least double my money within the next two months. I wouldn't be surprised if it quadruples or even more. Trust me, I wouldn't be here otherwise.

The only other investment choice I have for the future that can guarantee this sort success is if LTCBTC breaks past the 0.02 barrier around late July time and continues on with its cycle.

See below. If it passes 0.02 and holds its confirmation of a new cycle. This probably won't happen until late July, early August. This is my next investment after the next XC bubble if this confirmation is achieved.

[snip]

Mike are you on tradingview.com? If so, what's your username? - I'll follow your trading analysis.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:53:43 PM

Yeah, my bet is that it would take more than a low-volume VRC-related selloff to convince Mike that he didn't get cheap coins a couple of days ago.

I brought another twenty thousand around 12 hours ago at a cost average of 0.00113 and don't regret it one bit. Someone here should remember an order earlier on today above the market rate of thirteen thousand @ 0.0013 while the next biggest bid was @ 0.001. Getting in at these prices, even with a -10% swing this evening is a steal.

PS: I paid above the market rate because of the lack of liquidity, not because I'm crazy. I didn't want to push up the price without it getting filled so i made it too good to resist, plus, I didn't have that much time to mess around with smaller orders.

If that doesn't show you how much I value this project, or my free time, then I don't know what will.

[snip]

Mike are you on tradingview.com? If so, what's your username? - I'll follow your trading analysis.

I'm not. I only browse for research purposes.

Be skeptical about that place though, some of it is gold, allot of it is shit.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:57:40 PM

[snip]

Ha ha. Indeed. I've seen all manner of craziness there. I also doubt I'm experienced enough to reliably tell what's gold and what sort-of looks like gold but isn't.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 11:08:51 PM by benthach

26,000,000 of VRC mined in a few weeks. this mean someone do have a lot of VRC to dump, just don't get caught holding bags. I have seen the dump from 12s to 5s like nothing, it don't even need 1,000,000 VRC. I would be very nervous to have any VRC right now.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

[snip]

Ha ha. Indeed. I've seen all manner of craziness there. I also doubt I'm experienced enough to reliably tell what's gold and what sort-of looks like gold but isn't.

Normally the gold is the stuff that isn't open for interpretation. I personally love the historical charts like the ones above. Because we are dealing with technologies in cryptocurrencies, they almost always follow technology adoption cycles, and thus, bubble cycles. This makes historical charts very accurate at predicting the future state of markets. BTC is a prime example, so is LTC, and pretty much all cryptocurrencies that have a long term future. If the project will be successful in the long term, it will naturally follow bubble cycle after bubble cycle until mass adoption.
CrazyEyes

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

So, what happen was, the big holders dumped the shits out of this currency. And they probably will continue when it rises again (because it will, good technology).

We are talking about millions of dollars that they got out as BTC. Seems like they could care less, even that they had like 500 BTC of worth. Many people have lost ALOT of money on this. Next time i will look on the rich list directly when its availbable. Me on the other hand, did not loose any.

To sad really. Heard about those who invested 20 btc late.. and have lost 10.
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: