Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:21:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:30:22 AM

We will all look back and see that all this fud was the perfect thing for this coin. Remember - Bitcoin has journeyed its entire lifespan through constant fud even at government level. Other alts have not even been tested near this kind of level. DRK should envy that we are cleansing our coin so early. You will see this in time.

Adapt, evolve, conquer
Astroxjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:31:43 AM

The reason I am aggressive is because seriously, you have a hundred kids here who have probably never worked a real job in their entire lives, still live with their parents, and they are arguing that someone who is extremely accomplished should answer to them just because they speculated on a project if his.

Anyways, you seem to think your an investor? Your not, no one here is. Until an IPO is launched, we are all speculators riding a project he is creating. So the whole boardroom argument goes out the window. We don't pay his wages, we don't own a share in a holding company he is employed by, no money was raised to fund this project, he is working for free. And as such, we are not investors anymore than me buying EURO's give me a say in what happens in European Parliament.

Anyways, If we want to speculate on the success of that project that is our right, but thinking this has any relation to the real world business hierarchy is beyond nieve. We are not investors, we are speculators. As I said before, until we pay him personally, or buy a share in a holding company that owns the rights to his development, we have zero rights, and people need to seriously start respecting that.

I frankly am tired of all this shit, I'm not saying your one of those kids, but they are everywhere. BTT has turned into an absolute joke

TRUE !
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:33:22 AM

Why don't you all do this coin a favour and shut up until the only person qualified to answer the question is available.Huh?
This dev, of all devs, has an impecable track record and is hugely respected.
All this bitching makes the community look bad.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:34:13 AM

The reason I am aggressive is because seriously, you have a hundred kids here who have probably never worked a real job in their entire lives, still live with their parents, and they are arguing that someone who is extremely accomplished should answer to them just because they speculated on a project if his.

Anyways, you seem to think your an investor? Your not, no one here is. Until an IPO is launched, we are all speculators riding a project he is creating. So the whole boardroom argument goes out the window. We don't pay his wages, we don't own a share in a holding company he is employed by, no money was raised to fund this project, he is working for free. And as such, we are not investors anymore than me buying EURO's give me a say in what happens in European Parliament.

Anyways, If we want to speculate on the success of that project that is our right, but thinking this has any relation to the real world business hierarchy is beyond nieve. We are not investors, we are speculators. As I said before, until we pay him personally, or buy a share in a holding company that owns the rights to his development, we have zero rights, and people need to seriously start respecting that.

I frankly am tired of all this shit, I'm not saying your one of those kids, but they are everywhere. BTT has turned into an absolute joke

+1. losers are keeping pressure on devs, who is working hard to make a real deal soon.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:38:14 AM

Seriously no one can explain to me why XC dev gave bitcoin to loljosh?

You know why.

You know why when there is 12 minute block times.

Seriously, ATCSecure hired him to do some of the leg work. It would make sense that arguably the best dev in the alt currency world wouldn't want to waste his time building the base when he needs to focus on the much more technical stuff. No doubt he has vetted it all and it's all fine. Now he's focusing on making this the most anonymous cryptocurrency.

Nothing shows fear more than bashing the competition.

Please, for the love of god, look at his CV. If you think someone like that lets loljosh near anything apart from the basics you have no idea how these people think. You don't get to where he has by paying other people to do the advanced stuff, you build that yourself.

When you guys have world firsts in technology development and worked for companies such as IBM, come discredit his way of doing things then.

loljosh's code underpins the entire coin - would you try and put a ferrari engine in a shitbox. No because the chassis, brakes, suspension would not be able to cope.

You want quality - you start with quality. Doesnt matter what whiz bang features the dev promises.

Bullshit. When you've worked in a string of Fortune 500 companies you'd understand. Aslong as the basics are there, people don't waste there time on shit like that, it's not worth their time. Loljosh's coding skills are excellent, and have been proven many and many times over. Arguing his coding is shit is absolute crap.

Gotta hand it to you Mike, you do make sense

Well I've been fortunate enough to work with people with CV's like ATCSecure's and trust me, you don't fucking argue with how they do things. People like that are the sort that build magic that revolutionises industries, you give them space and let them do what they do best. You start pegging them down with useless bullshit like building base code and your wasting their talent.
I understand your point and you are right about the hierarchy that is needed to be innovative and the fastest but the way you are going leads to an ensuing loss of power of judgement for the people following the dev and for new investors. As you have been around in cryptoworld for quite some time i guess you should know better about the transparency needs of every new coin coming up. It s essential no matter what genius created it.

Fuck transparency. Seriously. Who are we to argue about the details?

Until anyone here knows even one tenth of what a person like that knows, they sit back and relax, and enjoy the fact people like this are working on a project like this. You name one other Dev in the crypto world apart from statoshi himself who has the credentials he does?

You don't argue, you don't bicker, you sit back and relax. I couldn't care what he's done, all I look at is the results he is producing, and time after time he has delivered. In less than a month he has done what took darkcoin five, and trust me, in a months time this crypto will look nothing like the rest.

Sit back and relax. You don't argue with your CEO and you definitely don't need to know what he's doing when he produces results after results.

who are we to argue about the details?

The investors who spent money to allow the coin to grow, that's who.

That's your problem. You think you are an investor. Your not. Seriously, you need to get off your high horse. Your not an investor anymore than me buying EURO's gives me a say in what goes on European Parliament.

You make some fair points, although in a pretty unnecessarily aggressive manner.

However you miss something important. The value of a coin is based on market confidence, market confidence generates buy orders, market fear generates sell orders, and these affect the value of the coin. Owning coins is more akin to owning shares than buying Euros, as someone who owns a lot of coins you are similar to a major shareholder.

When the major shareholders get nervous they unload their investment and the price tanks. The actions of the board (see dev) are a lot to do with what instills confidence in the market.

I am sitting back, I am relaxed, I haven't unloaded anything other than a small amount of my XC and I don't intend to.. but the attitude of who are we to ask questions of the dev is not one I support, questions will be asked and the answers, or lack of, will affect market confidence. I think ATCSecure has done a great job on the whole, and no one is perfect. I do wish he had been able to put this one to bed a long time ago though.

OK, fine call me a speculator, I am happy to accept that. However, whichever way you look at it those who are on the rich list are invested in the coin, and the coin is invested in them  -- even if you don't want to call them investors. The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that. The boardroom argument may go out of the window, I totally accept that, but the share and market confidence analogy remains. The relationship between the developer and those that hold the coin is a lot more than, he does it and the holders just ride the train, it is totally symbiotic. Each rely on each other. If they lose their confidence in the coin they dump the coin and the developer loses out just as much as the investors/bagholders/speculators.

BINTEX

Powered by,
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:40:53 AM

No, all can dump their coins and the developer can finish his project and not suffer.

In a public listed company, if people start dumping the board of management is forced to take a new direction or they lose their job and have no resources to keep a project in development
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:43:21 AM

OK, fine call me a speculator, I am happy to accept that. However, whichever way you look at it those who are on the rich list are invested in the coin, and the coin is invested in them  -- even if you don't want to call them investors. The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that. The boardroom argument may go out of the window, I totally accept that, but the share and market confidence analogy remains. The relationship between the developer and those that hold the coin is a lot more than, he does it and the holders just ride the train, it is totally symbiotic. Each rely on each other. If they lose their confidence in the coin they dump the coin and the developer loses out just as much as the investors/bagholders/speculators.

PLEASE.  We are not investors and the dev is not responsible for our profit or loss.

it is the same way we buy shit tons of shit coins.  we can either lucky or doomed to buy flappycoin, bbq coin or whichever.

even high profile dogecoin are now dipping into bullshit. are they keeping ask devs to do this or to do what?

the last thing they can do is giving a damn to those shitcoins.

but we are lucky enough to have a dev working hard to combat all fuds intentional or unintentional.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:44:49 AM

No, all can dump their coins and the developer can finish his project and not suffer.

In a public listed company, if people start dumping the board of management is forced to take a new direction or they lose their job and have no resources to keep a project in development

of course he can finish his project but the value of his project suffers.

BINTEX