Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hikky22

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:58:12 AM

Just to clarify,  do we know where the pre mined coins are and that none have been dumped?

Sorry just woken up to yet another price dump and questions about that got me worried.

already dumped.

best choice is you dump your holding right now!

Premine was moved for staking, not dumped, stop spreading fud and read some pages back.
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:58:18 AM

I'm saying the relationship between us and the developer is only meaningful if the developer wants to dump on us. I think he's more concerned about developing a revolutionary technology than helping you make 10btc this week.

+1, best post.

You have my word.
520Bit

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:05:24 AM

Just to clarify,  do we know where the pre mined coins are and that none have been dumped?

Sorry just woken up to yet another price dump and questions about that got me worried.

already dumped.

Premine was moved for staking, not dumped, stop spreading fud and read some pages back.

Premine was moved for staking to those 3 addresses that the dev posted. I've monitored them since the first day and just found out that almost the entire premine was moved again to unknown addresses. Cannot find a reason for why he did that, but i guess that he will clarify the situation.

Can you wait, the dev is sleeping right now.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:07:51 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 09:23:28 AM by mikemikemike

Seriously no one can explain to me why XC dev gave bitcoin to loljosh?

You know why.

You know why when there is 12 minute block times.

Seriously, ATCSecure hired him to do some of the leg work. It would make sense that arguably the best dev in the alt currency world wouldn't want to waste his time building the base when he needs to focus on the much more technical stuff. No doubt he has vetted it all and it's all fine. Now he's focusing on making this the most anonymous cryptocurrency.

Nothing shows fear more than bashing the competition.

Please, for the love of god, look at his CV. If you think someone like that lets loljosh near anything apart from the basics you have no idea how these people think. You don't get to where he has by paying other people to do the advanced stuff, you build that yourself.

When you guys have world firsts in technology development and worked for companies such as IBM, come discredit his way of doing things then.

loljosh's code underpins the entire coin - would you try and put a ferrari engine in a shitbox. No because the chassis, brakes, suspension would not be able to cope.

You want quality - you start with quality. Doesnt matter what whiz bang features the dev promises.

Bullshit. When you've worked in a string of Fortune 500 companies you'd understand. Aslong as the basics are there, people don't waste there time on shit like that, it's not worth their time. Loljosh's coding skills are excellent, and have been proven many and many times over. Arguing his coding is shit is absolute crap.

Gotta hand it to you Mike, you do make sense

Well I've been fortunate enough to work with people with CV's like ATCSecure's and trust me, you don't fucking argue with how they do things. People like that are the sort that build magic that revolutionises industries, you give them space and let them do what they do best. You start pegging them down with useless bullshit like building base code and your wasting their talent.
I understand your point and you are right about the hierarchy that is needed to be innovative and the fastest but the way you are going leads to an ensuing loss of power of judgement for the people following the dev and for new investors. As you have been around in cryptoworld for quite some time i guess you should know better about the transparency needs of every new coin coming up. It s essential no matter what genius created it.

Fuck transparency. Seriously. Who are we to argue about the details?

Until anyone here knows even one tenth of what a person like that knows, they sit back and relax, and enjoy the fact people like this are working on a project like this. You name one other Dev in the crypto world apart from statoshi himself who has the credentials he does?

You don't argue, you don't bicker, you sit back and relax. I couldn't care what he's done, all I look at is the results he is producing, and time after time he has delivered. In less than a month he has done what took darkcoin five, and trust me, in a months time this crypto will look nothing like the rest.

Sit back and relax. You don't argue with your CEO and you definitely don't need to know what he's doing when he produces results after results.

who are we to argue about the details?

The investors who spent money to allow the coin to grow, that's who.

That's your problem. You think you are an investor. Your not. Seriously, you need to get off your high horse. Your not an investor anymore than me buying EURO's gives me a say in what goes on European Parliament.

You make some fair points, although in a pretty unnecessarily aggressive manner.

However you miss something important. The value of a coin is based on market confidence, market confidence generates buy orders, market fear generates sell orders, and these affect the value of the coin. Owning coins is more akin to owning shares than buying Euros, as someone who owns a lot of coins you are similar to a major shareholder.

When the major shareholders get nervous they unload their investment and the price tanks. The actions of the board (see dev) are a lot to do with what instills confidence in the market.

I am sitting back, I am relaxed, I haven't unloaded anything other than a small amount of my XC and I don't intend to.. but the attitude of who are we to ask questions of the dev is not one I support, questions will be asked and the answers, or lack of, will affect market confidence. I think ATCSecure has done a great job on the whole, and no one is perfect. I do wish he had been able to put this one to bed a long time ago though.

The reason I am aggressive is because seriously, you have a hundred kids here who have probably never worked a real job in their entire lives, still live with their parents, and they are arguing that someone who is extremely accomplished should answer to them just because they speculated on a project if his.

Anyways, you seem to think your an investor? Your not, no one here is. Until an IPO is launched, we are all speculators riding a project he is creating. So the whole boardroom argument goes out the window. We don't pay his wages, we don't own a share in a holding company he is employed by, no money was raised to fund this project, he is working for free. And as such, we are not investors anymore than me buying EURO's give me a say in what happens in European Parliament.

Anyways, If we want to speculate on the success of that project that is our right, but thinking this has any relation to the real world business hierarchy is beyond nieve. We are not investors, we are speculators. As I said before, until we pay him personally, or buy a share in a holding company that owns the rights to his development, we have zero rights, and people need to seriously start respecting that.

I frankly am tired of all this shit, I'm not saying your one of those kids, but they are everywhere. BTT has turned into an absolute joke

The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that.

Your argument is based on the above and you couldn't be more incorrect.

Large bag holder have had a freeride to making allot of money, that's where their involvement ends. if they want to dump their coins that's not going to kill this project, people like me, and there are allot of us, will happily pick up those coins at a cheap price because of the foundations behind this project. It's completely self righteous that you believe you contribute to this project anymore than making money from speculation.

Anyways, Dump your coins, let every large bag holder dump their coins and see if it affects the progress of this project at all. It won't. The technology and the team are what dictates the value of this project, not large holders. If every large bagholder dumped their coins the price would crash, but new speculators would pick up those coins near immediately, and over the longterm the price will recover probably stronger than before, because the value is stored in the technology, and people will happily buy through that sell pressure because we appreciate the true value of this project, not what some early adopter thinks the price should be.  Welcome to a free market economy. if you want to sell your coins cheap, trust me, there are hundreds of people just like me who willl buy them off you and restore the price, People who don't need constant validation from the developers that they speculated on a good project.

Honestly, Arguing that large holders of this coin play into the sucess of this project is insulting to the developers who have spent actual time building this project. I'm taking a break. Be greatful you've had a free ride, stop assuming the developers should run to support the price just to protect your free ride, you've done zero to contribute to this project, and you can't affect the price long term fullstop.

I'm sorry if this sounds personal, but stating you contribute to the success and the ultimate valuation of this project fullstop is beyond insulting to those who have actually put time into developing this project, and those who understand the basis of a free market economy.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:09:42 AM

already dumped.

Premine was moved for staking to those 3 addresses that the dev posted. I've monitored them since the first day and just found out that almost the entire premine was moved again to unknown addresses. Cannot find a reason for why he did that, but i guess that he will clarify the situation.

Can you wait, the dev is sleeping right now.

man it almost has become a sport to find a flaw in xc or in the devs behavior, never seen anything like that with any other alt coin.
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:13:54 AM

No, all can dump their coins and the developer can finish his project and not suffer.

In a public listed company, if people start dumping the board of management is forced to take a new direction or they lose their job and have no resources to keep a project in development

of course he can finish his project but the value of his project suffers.

I don't get how that matters? Satoshi Nakamoto completed the bitcoin project when it was still worthless

Satoshi Nakamoto didn't have 1000s of other coins to compete with for success. Do you not think the success of bitcoin is massively measured in its market value and adoption rate?

I'm saying the relationship between us and the developer is only meaningful if the developer wants to dump on us. I think he's more concerned about developing a revolutionary technology than helping you make 10btc this week.

not sure I agree with the statement but agree with the sentiment behind it.
Disagree with the first bit, I agree with the second bit, that's why I am holding. The landscape now is very differentto when Satoshi created bitcoin anonymously

We aren't competing with bitcoin-clones anymore though. Bitcoin (or in this case - block chain) is the platform, like internet is the platform for email. We are going another dimension higher now. Few people in the world have coding skills + vision at this level
LD2164

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:15:30 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 10:01:57 AM by LD2164

Basically if your first concern is the day-price, then you don't believe in the architecture like the rest of us, and so you can just be lumped in with the fudders, trolls, darkfans etc.  Some people saw what this project is going to achieve, full anon, secure and instant(ish) transfer of wealth,  and that is what started off the boom in price.  We have drawn almost unprecedented attention for a new coin, with at multiple times what looks like high level conspiracy against XC.

The godlike perception of the dev around here is caused by a general low level of respect for developers in crypto, itself caused by constant failures and/or the inability to adapt/control and grow... This time we all found a coin, with top-level design, and a dev who has never given us a legitimate cause for complaint and so naturally everyone is over the moon.

If you are only here because you saw ??% price-growth in a day, then you should probably get out... it may be quite a bumpy ride.  Anon money is bigger than people are admitting right now.  They say "country-coin, PoS, anon, it's just a new popular flavour".  That's bull, anon money changes everything.  All around the world people joke about how the only certain things in life are tax and death, well with anon transfers that won't necessarily be the case.  Right now you can be a druglord, warlord, Hitler, whatever you want... Your biggest problems will likely be finding someone to provide funding/launder your profits.  Governments aroung the world are saying "Bitcoin, we aren't banning it, but we are watching it."  Damn straight they are watching it - because anon money will just change the game.

stop running, if you see a big sell-wall climb right in.
B.t.w got my first PoS yesterday (+-8 days staking).   Cool
Thanks dev.

520Bit

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:17:40 AM

Basically if your first concern is the day-price, then you don't believe in the architecture like the rest of us, and so you can just be lumped in with the fudders, trolls, darkfans etc.  Some people saw what this project is going to achieve, full anon, secure and instant(ish) transfer of wealth,  and that is what started off the boom in price.  We have drawn almost unprecedented attention for a new coin, with at multiple times what looks like high level conspiracy against XC.

The godlike perception of the dev around here is caused by a general low level of respect for developers in crypto, itself caused by constant failures and/or the inability to adapt/control and grow... This time we all found a coin, with top-level design, and a dev who has never given us a legitimate cause for complaint and so naturally everyone is over the moon.

If you are only here because you saw ??% price-growth in a day, then you should probably get out... it may be quite a bumpy ride.  Anon money is bigger than people are admitting right now.  They say "country-coin, PoS, anon, it's just a new popular flavour".  That's bull, anon money changes everything.  All around the world people joke about how the only certain things in life are tax and death, well with anon transfers that won't necessarily be the case.  Right now you can be a druglord, warlord, Hitler, whatever you want... Your biggest problems will likely be finding someone to provide funding/launder your profits.  Governments aroung the world are saying "Bitcoin, we aren't banning it, but we are watching it."  Damn straight they are watching it - because anon money will just change the game.

stop running, if you see a big buy-wall climb right in.
Thanks dev.

Thanks for your sharing, I think I will get my first stake on June 7th or 8th.
hoertest

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:20:03 AM

about that fear of large bagholders dumping, where do you think they are dumping to? in a trash bin? for every buyer there is a seller. so distribution gets more even with every sell off. for a young coin this is normal and good and its not manipulation.

and the guy asking five times about the premine while dev is sleeping, valid question but come on, you said you hold and than act like that?
prospect

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:20:51 AM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/xc-anonymous-wallet-released-future-plans-mission-statement-revealed

Fix the  wallet link. You loose a lot of potential users when this url does not work,

http://xc-official.com/release/xnode-beta/

Get your shit together.
jordanlcn

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:25:16 AM

haha

just watching the mintpal trade records,

two whale are fighting now....

just watch this...

big order put then cancel quickly Roll Eyes

I know this is a noob question but what can I say I am one.   Wouldn't it be better if buy orders or sell orders have a holding time and/or posting time before it gets cancelled?

Wouldnt that normalize the market a little?

The question is not specifically for "provenceday" I quoted his post since it what made me think about it.  Any Insights would be great.
520Bit

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:25:59 AM

Accept Bitcoin today, then accept XC tomorrow.

Bitcoin is bitcoin, XC is the future.
hoertest

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

Thanks dev.
There are a LOT more options & market for anon than just criminals, maybe they will like it (not sure btw, there are hidden coins around for that) but also a regulair retailer needs to hide his volume from his competitors.

+1  its just a question of freedom, nobody wants to tell even their best friends how much they earn or hold in their accounts. if they hd the choice they will alwys pic the anon coin over the regular one just cause its an option , even normal people
jordanlcn

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:34:12 AM

Thanks dev.
There are a LOT more options & market for anon than just criminals, maybe they will like it (not sure btw, there are hidden coins around for that) but also a regulair retailer needs to hide his volume from his competitors.

+1  its just a question of freedom, nobody wants to tell even their best friends how much they earn or hold in their accounts. if they hd the choice they will alwys pic the anon coin over the regular one just cause its an option , even normal people

+1  hell even I don't tell my own mother or wife my true income.  Call me paranoid but that's the way I was raised. Its pretty much taboo if you ask people their income.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:34:32 AM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/xc-anonymous-wallet-released-future-plans-mission-statement-revealed

Fix the  wallet link. You loose a lot of potential users when this url does not work,

http://xc-official.com/release/xnode-beta/

Get your shit together.

EXTRACT FROM THE OP:

UPDATED WALLETS

http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/
520Bit

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:36:18 AM

This is v1.35, I am waiting for v1.37
ChilliWinter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:37:57 AM

Enjoy French translation : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638581.new#new

Grin Grin

edit, and here : http://toutpourminer.fr/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2061

Cloakcoin, Blocknet and Syscoin supporter
520Bit

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:39:41 AM

Perfect, you deserve the value of XC.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:51:10 AM

snip

The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that.
Your argument is based on the above and you couldn't be more incorrect.

Large bag holder have had a freeride to making allot of money, that's where their involvement ends. if they want to dump their coins that's not going to kill this project, people like me, and there are allot of us, will happily pick up those coins at a cheap price because of the foundations behind this project. It's completely self righteous that you believe you contribute to this project anymore than making money from speculation.

Anyways, Dump your coins, let every large bag holder dump their coins and see if it affects the progress of this project at all. It won't. The technology and the team are what dictates the value of this project, not large holders. If every large bagholder dumped their coins the price would crash, but new speculators would pick up those coins near immediately, and over the longterm the price will recover probably stronger than before, because the value is stored in the technology, and people will happily buy through that sell pressure because we appreciate the true value of this project, not what some early adopter thinks the price should be.  Welcome to a free market economy. if you want to sell your coins cheap, trust me, there are hundreds of people just like me who willl buy them off you and restore the price, People who don't need constant validation from the developers that they speculated on a good project.

Honestly, Arguing that large holders of this coin play into the sucess of this project is insulting to the developers who have spent actual time building this project. I'm taking a break. Be greatful you've had a free ride, stop assuming the developers should run to support the price just to protect your free ride, you've done zero to contribute to this project, and you can't affect the price long term fullstop.

I'm sorry if this sounds personal, but stating you contribute to the success and the ultimate valuation of this project fullstop is beyond insulting to those who have actually put time into developing this project, and those who understand the basis of a free market economy.

Your thought is that lack of confidence created by price swings only affect short term price and that long term the quality of the product will see the price rise back to where it should be.

I wish I agreed with you. I have spent 25 years as a project manager in a development environment (games), and seen many a good project fail not because of the quality of the product but because of a loss of confidence. Sometimes if a price falls far enough the loss of confidence in the price, not the product stops it retracing.

Maybe I'm just a little jaded.

Unfortunately it is absolutley true that the market contributes to the success and ultimate valuation of a product, and the market is the people who hold the coins. the more coins someone holds the more influence they have on the market. You only have to watch the daily whale manipulation of bitcoin to see that.

I am totally grateful for my free ride, and it is just that. I've never claimed otherwise but, I also think that my statement of the symbiotic relationship between the developer and the holders of the coin stands true, maybe they did nothing to deserve it. Happy to accept that, but their stake in the project is still there.

Anyway I think you totally misunderstand my intent. I have stated enough times now I have no intention of dumping my coins, I think its a great project with loads of potential, but not without potential pitfalls. Why would I dump when I want it to succeed? I want market confidence not fear.

This all stemmed from the fact that there are certain people in this community that call any difficult question or probing of the coin fud. This is not, in my mind a way to success.

Software based projects improve and get better from the difficult questions and tests, that's how the problems are found and solved. As a community we should be able to spot the difference between trolling and important questions, just because you may not like it doesn't make it 'fud'. We are the perfect focus group and testers, it should be embraced and made the most of, not pushed aside and, to ATCSecures massive credit, he has not shied away from testing the coin in public. That should be massively applauded.

Somehow all this has stemmed from the fact that I wish the loljosh thing had been more clearly resolved sooner before it became a big deal. No idea how.

I am not looking for argument or conflict here, just stating some thoughts I have. I know you disagree, that's cool, there is no definitive truth in my opinion or your opinion, just a subjective assimilation of the information available to us. You will note, even though I disagree with you, I have never said your opinions are bullshit or said anything personal about you. I would appreciate the same respect in return Smiley

BINTEX