Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:11:44 AM

snip

The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that.
Your argument is based on the above and you couldn't be more incorrect.

Large bag holder have had a freeride to making allot of money, that's where their involvement ends. if they want to dump their coins that's not going to kill this project, people like me, and there are allot of us, will happily pick up those coins at a cheap price because of the foundations behind this project. It's completely self righteous that you believe you contribute to this project anymore than making money from speculation.

Anyways, Dump your coins, let every large bag holder dump their coins and see if it affects the progress of this project at all. It won't. The technology and the team are what dictates the value of this project, not large holders. If every large bagholder dumped their coins the price would crash, but new speculators would pick up those coins near immediately, and over the longterm the price will recover probably stronger than before, because the value is stored in the technology, and people will happily buy through that sell pressure because we appreciate the true value of this project, not what some early adopter thinks the price should be.  Welcome to a free market economy. if you want to sell your coins cheap, trust me, there are hundreds of people just like me who willl buy them off you and restore the price, People who don't need constant validation from the developers that they speculated on a good project.

Honestly, Arguing that large holders of this coin play into the sucess of this project is insulting to the developers who have spent actual time building this project. I'm taking a break. Be greatful you've had a free ride, stop assuming the developers should run to support the price just to protect your free ride, you've done zero to contribute to this project, and you can't affect the price long term fullstop.

I'm sorry if this sounds personal, but stating you contribute to the success and the ultimate valuation of this project fullstop is beyond insulting to those who have actually put time into developing this project, and those who understand the basis of a free market economy.

Your thought is that lack of confidence created by price swings only affect short term price and that long term the quality of the product will see the price rise back to where it should be.

I wish I agreed with you. I have spent 25 years as a project manager in a development environment (games), and seen many a good project fail not because of the quality of the product but because of a loss of confidence. Sometimes if a price falls far enough the loss of confidence in the price, not the product stops it retracing.

Maybe I'm just a little jaded.

Unfortunately it is absolutley true that the market contributes to the success and ultimate valuation of a product, and the market is the people who hold the coins. the more coins someone holds the more influence they have on the market. You only have to watch the daily whale manipulation of bitcoin to see that.

I am totally grateful for my free ride, and it is just that. I've never claimed otherwise but, I also think that my statement of the symbiotic relationship between the developer and the holders of the coin stands true, maybe they did nothing to deserve it. Happy to accept that, but their stake in the project is still there.

Anyway I think you totally misunderstand my intent. I have stated enough times now I have no intention of dumping my coins, I think its a great project with loads of potential, but not without potential pitfalls. Why would I dump when I want it to succeed? I want market confidence not fear.

This all stemmed from the fact that there are certain people in this community that call any difficult question or probing of the coin fud. This is not, in my mind a way to success.

Software based projects improve and get better from the difficult questions and tests, that's how the problems are found and solved. As a community we should be able to spot the difference between trolling and important questions, just because you may not like it doesn't make it 'fud'. We are the perfect focus group and testers, it should be embraced and made the most of, not pushed aside and, to ATCSecures massive credit, he has not shied away from testing the coin in public. That should be massively applauded.

Somehow all this has stemmed from the fact that I wish the loljosh thing had been more clearly resolved sooner before it became a big deal. No idea how.

I am not looking for argument or conflict here, just stating some thoughts I have. I know you disagree, that's cool, there is no definitive truth in my opinion or your opinion, just a subjective assimilation of the information available to us. You will note, even though I disagree with you, I have never said your opinions are bullshit or said anything personal about you. I would appreciate the same respect in return Smiley

Sorry. It's been a heated morning outside of the bitcoin world. You are correct. And your opinion is completely valid. I do apologises.

You are right, without some sort of confidence in the technology it is possible the adoption could stagnate, but unlike computer games, where sales usually rely heavily on marketing and positive reception, the sucess of this project relys allot more heavily on the useable application if the technology, and allot less by its appearance. To make an annalogy, While arts can be interpreted differently, technologies are extremely black and white. It's easy to manipulate an art into being unwanted, but to do that with a technology such a cryptocurrency, it is extremely hard. It's because the foundations cannot be interpreted differently, while games can.

And I do agree the loljosh situation could have been handled differently, but for people to assume that ATCSecure hasn't had to outsource something seems rather crazy to me, and to assume he should stop developing to ease the mind of speculators to me seems absurd. This is his project, in my professional opinion, he has absolutely zero responsibility to explain his actions, I think the software he develops is the only right we have to judge him on.

Anyways, going back, I think the main argument I'm trying to make is it is very hard to distort the true value of a pure technology, even if everyone sold the value would still be realised at some date because technical specifications leave extremely little room to interpret.

Once again, I am sorry. I shouldn't bring my personal emotions into a serious discussion.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:13:33 AM

To help improve staking, I've split up the balance in the premine wallet as thetime to age for coins maybe too large and the net weight goes up and down. I would guess it should even itself over time, as more coins split and stake.  It is much better for the coin to get a lot of small blocks instead of large ones.

XHciahhy7rgusYeSqi359TdJNUvT4S2QKc
XGgekbiLd5HAnv2iLrA7iZeNrWnDGJ8hbS
XS4QLi6VpQQo79HLkoFBj5YZkn6p6TuLKG

ATCSECURE

Hi, ATC! I've monitored these addresses daily and i just found that all the premined coins were moved. Can you please post the newest ones ? Thanks and sorry if i sound rude/offensive in any way.

I sold all my coins, because i didn't received an answer to this. His premine being public assures investors that he's committed to the project and he's not selling all his coins in secret.

Lol, Do you have any idea that his premine is only 2% idiot?
That amount won't move the market

Dumb reader, i didn't say anything about moving the market. I said "His premine being public assures investors that he's committed to the project" Can you read this again without being dumb as a rock ?

Looks like there are some scripts running, just moving it around. ATC did talk about something like that yesterday (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7113775#msg7113775)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:14:23 AM

I'm sure that the premine address was moved for a good reason like it was last time. I will make sure that this answered when dev is awake.
svetliopi44

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:22:52 AM

Friends, is there any other multipool except China?
I do not understand Chinese and I do not want to pay me in LTC want x11coin.

atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:25:40 AM

I'm sure that the premine address was moved for a good reason like it was last time. I will make sure that this answered when dev is awake.

Yes the premine was moved to a new address and I'm moving it back to the old address in smaller blocks as I'm testing various things w/ PoS. 

All of the premine is being moved back to the original address in different sizes 5, 10, 20, 50 etc

Also the website link has been updated, and new release will be out today shortly with updated xnode code

ATCSECURE

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:27:01 AM

just hold your coin for another month, you will get what you want guys.

otherwise, even XC price reach 1XC=0.1BTC one year later, you still can not make some profit if you dump your XC next week.

time can add value on XC coin. Smiley

just be patient.
addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:29:10 AM

Sold all my DRK, bought XC.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:30:06 AM

Welcome onboard.
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:31:04 AM

Yes the premine was moved to a new address and I'm moving it back to the old address in smaller blocks as I'm testing various things w/ PoS. 

All of the premine is being moved back to the original address in different sizes 5, 10, 20, 50 etc

Also the website link has been updated, and new release will be out today shortly with updated xnode code

ATCSECURE

Also for anybody who hasn't staked coins recently, the max age is 30 days, so if your coins have staked once, it will take 30days before they stake again, you can move them, which resets the "age".  Also due to the low difficulty, smaller blocks have a better chance at winning a PoS Block than larger blocks

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:31:52 AM

ATCSECURE

Also for anybody who hasn't staked coins recently, the max age is 30 days, so if your coins have staked once, it will take 30days before they stake again, you can move them, which resets the "age".  Also due to the low difficulty, smaller blocks have a better chance at winning a PoS Block than larger blocks

I have also updated the Website so that the download links shows the available versions, as you can quickly grab the one you need

addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:32:05 AM

Welcome onboard.
Thanks
I was already in XC, when the prices were rising. Bought too high (for now, who knows what the price is next month) But now it's cheap, I'm buying more Wink
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:33:14 AM

snip

The price of the coin, and the success of the developers project hinges largely on the confidence of the large bag holders, which is in turn built on the developers communication and product. It is as simple as that.
Your argument is based on the above and you couldn't be more incorrect.

Large bag holder have had a freeride to making allot of money, that's where their involvement ends. if they want to dump their coins that's not going to kill this project, people like me, and there are allot of us, will happily pick up those coins at a cheap price because of the foundations behind this project. It's completely self righteous that you believe you contribute to this project anymore than making money from speculation.

Anyways, Dump your coins, let every large bag holder dump their coins and see if it affects the progress of this project at all. It won't. The technology and the team are what dictates the value of this project, not large holders. If every large bagholder dumped their coins the price would crash, but new speculators would pick up those coins near immediately, and over the longterm the price will recover probably stronger than before, because the value is stored in the technology, and people will happily buy through that sell pressure because we appreciate the true value of this project, not what some early adopter thinks the price should be.  Welcome to a free market economy. if you want to sell your coins cheap, trust me, there are hundreds of people just like me who willl buy them off you and restore the price, People who don't need constant validation from the developers that they speculated on a good project.

Honestly, Arguing that large holders of this coin play into the sucess of this project is insulting to the developers who have spent actual time building this project. I'm taking a break. Be greatful you've had a free ride, stop assuming the developers should run to support the price just to protect your free ride, you've done zero to contribute to this project, and you can't affect the price long term fullstop.

I'm sorry if this sounds personal, but stating you contribute to the success and the ultimate valuation of this project fullstop is beyond insulting to those who have actually put time into developing this project, and those who understand the basis of a free market economy.

Your thought is that lack of confidence created by price swings only affect short term price and that long term the quality of the product will see the price rise back to where it should be.

I wish I agreed with you. I have spent 25 years as a project manager in a development environment (games), and seen many a good project fail not because of the quality of the product but because of a loss of confidence. Sometimes if a price falls far enough the loss of confidence in the price, not the product stops it retracing.

Maybe I'm just a little jaded.

Unfortunately it is absolutley true that the market contributes to the success and ultimate valuation of a product, and the market is the people who hold the coins. the more coins someone holds the more influence they have on the market. You only have to watch the daily whale manipulation of bitcoin to see that.

I am totally grateful for my free ride, and it is just that. I've never claimed otherwise but, I also think that my statement of the symbiotic relationship between the developer and the holders of the coin stands true, maybe they did nothing to deserve it. Happy to accept that, but their stake in the project is still there.

Anyway I think you totally misunderstand my intent. I have stated enough times now I have no intention of dumping my coins, I think its a great project with loads of potential, but not without potential pitfalls. Why would I dump when I want it to succeed? I want market confidence not fear.

This all stemmed from the fact that there are certain people in this community that call any difficult question or probing of the coin fud. This is not, in my mind a way to success.

Software based projects improve and get better from the difficult questions and tests, that's how the problems are found and solved. As a community we should be able to spot the difference between trolling and important questions, just because you may not like it doesn't make it 'fud'. We are the perfect focus group and testers, it should be embraced and made the most of, not pushed aside and, to ATCSecures massive credit, he has not shied away from testing the coin in public. That should be massively applauded.

Somehow all this has stemmed from the fact that I wish the loljosh thing had been more clearly resolved sooner before it became a big deal. No idea how.

I am not looking for argument or conflict here, just stating some thoughts I have. I know you disagree, that's cool, there is no definitive truth in my opinion or your opinion, just a subjective assimilation of the information available to us. You will note, even though I disagree with you, I have never said your opinions are bullshit or said anything personal about you. I would appreciate the same respect in return Smiley

Sorry. It's been a heated morning outside of the bitcoin world. You are correct. And your opinion is completely valid. I do apologises.

You are right, without some sort of confidence in the technology it is possible the adoption could stagnate, but unlike computer games, where sales usually rely heavily on marketing and positive reception, the sucess of this project relys allot more heavily on the useable application if the technology, and allot less by its appearance. To make an annalogy, While arts can be interpreted differently, technologies are extremely black and white. It's easy to manipulate an art into being unwanted, but to do that with a technology such a cryptocurrency, it is extremely hard. It's because the foundations cannot be interpreted differently, while games can.

And I do agree the loljosh situation could have been handled differently, but for people to assume that ATCSecure hasn't had to outsource something seems rather crazy to me, and to assume he should stop developing to ease the mind of speculators to me seems absurd. This is his project, in my professional opinion, he has absolutely zero responsibility to explain his actions, I think the software he develops is the only right we have to judge him on.

Anyways, going back, I think the main argument I'm trying to make is it is very hard to distort the true value of a pure technology, even if everyone sold the value would still be realised at some date because technical specifications leave extremely little room to interpret.

Once again, I am sorry. I shouldn't bring my personal emotions into a serious discussion.

Smiley

no problem man.

Look at the end of the day, the project belongs to ATCSEcure, we can do nothing except sit and watch and help if possible, I get that. I was lucky, I jumped on early and made some success.

All any of us want is to see the tech develop and succeed.

BINTEX