Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:04:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:52:58 PM

I ve been looking around a little in some other sub forums for other coins and the thing is, everyone is so confident in their own coins! I mean, we all know the reasons were so confident in XC, it seems so blatantly clear, but, like two of you have just said, you were dead cert on other coins and it went tits up.

No one else has had such an open dev team is that correct? The fact Dans linkedin was posted was the single reason I got into XC in the first place, and we've come a long way since then with the new team members, site, wallet, etc etc

I guess simply patience is key. if it gets below the 14's im gonna bust out another BTC. f**k it. lol

I think the problems with the coin I mentioned is that it is a POW with a 84 million coin count (Currently 6 million have been mined).  It has been one of the most profitable coins to mine, so it's a dumpers paradise.  Supply currently out-paces the demand, and they still have another 78 million to mine!  Even though they are very inovative, it's not enough to keep up.  No thanks!

XC, now in the POS phase will never experience mining dumps so that obviously is a huge plus.  Little to no energy is involved to make this coin work.  POS with a very nice 3.33% rate (not too little like BC, and not something outrageous that outpaces the inflation rate).  A solid dev team that have made themselves known.  In this day and age of endless shit-coins and scammer devs, this is a HUGE selling point for me.  I'd like to know the team I support.  I believe this will be the way of the future, and will really be the only way you can fully trust a coin.  Just a lot of good things!

this coin cant be mined any more only staked

how do u get to a 78 million total thats just WTF (

lol no ty
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:53:31 PM

I ve been looking around a little in some other sub forums for other coins and the thing is, everyone is so confident in their own coins! I mean, we all know the reasons were so confident in XC, it seems so blatantly clear, but, like two of you have just said, you were dead cert on other coins and it went tits up.

No one else has had such an open dev team is that correct? The fact Dans linkedin was posted was the single reason I got into XC in the first place, and we've come a long way since then with the new team members, site, wallet, etc etc

I guess simply patience is key. if it gets below the 14's im gonna bust out another BTC. f**k it. lol

If you own a coin that you are just waiting for the pump to sell what value do you get out of posting anything in the thread that was would not inspire confidence?  There in lies the answer to why everyone seems so confident in many of the coins they post about.  With XC I would have no problem asking the tough questions if I had any because they would be meant to make the coin stronger.
Heck even a week ago when I was still wasting time in pump and dumps to increase my xc holdings you wouldn't see me posting the questions going through my head in those threads because they would have caused much doubt.

Hope that makes sense
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

I understand that people are worried about POS security but so far not a single dev has come outand said the exact issue. Im sure that of there is an issue Dan will fix it in an instance. Last time we had an issue with POS blocks taking long in the early days, the POS code was optimized within 24 hours.
merk475

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:59:00 PM

I was talking about the other coin I mentioned (VTC), which you can still mine and they have 78 million coins left before they reach their cap.  Currently only 6.1 million coins have been mined.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

He's talking about VTC...
merk475

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:00:45 PM

In all fairness to me, the other coin I mentioned was Namecoin and it's still #8 on the coin market cap list.  It's not dead yet.
The one thing my 3 main holdings have in common is an open and transparent development team.  I don't think any coin will go mainstream without this and I believe it 100%.  Before anyone mentions Satoshi, BTC has a huge team of developers that are publicly identified.  Some of them even worked with Satoshi, so as far as I'm concerned BTC already has a transparent team and foundation.

To the person that says CLOAK is a competitor, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions and step outside of your current opinion to answer it.  Do you see the public accepting a coin named "CLOAK", developed by an unknown person?  This is a very simple yet important question.  The answer seems obvious to me.

+1.  Exactly how I feel.  As you posted this I was writing something very similar below you.  Same reasons though.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

If you own a coin that you are just waiting for the pump to sell what value do you get out of posting anything in the thread that was would not inspire confidence?  There in lies the answer to why everyone seems so confident in many of the coins they post about.  With XC I would have no problem asking the tough questions if I had any because they would be meant to make the coin stronger.
Heck even a week ago when I was still wasting time in pump and dumps to increase my xc holdings you wouldn't see me posting the questions going through my head in those threads because they would have caused much doubt.

Hope that makes sense

Yeah understand completely. I need to remember 90% are in crypto for pump and dumps. I've always been in it for the innovation. (and hopefully get a free trip to the moon on a real winner like XC)

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:03:13 PM

Just my 2 cents:

You aren't a true XC believer yet, obviously.

Just my 2 XCs

obviously the rich list rank is on another opinion

Where you rank on the rich list isn't a complete measure of your conviction.  How much XC do you own relative to your net worth would be a better measure.

Good point, here is my agenda - stop of all wars (probably by deporting the USA congress on Mars), feeding starved Africa, termination of the New World Order, annihilation of all mosquitoes, and $5 donation for BTC mausoleum.
reebokasss

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:03:21 PM

Im sorry for stupid question , but i want to tranfer my coins from MP to wallet , so should i download XCv0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42.zip ? Is it version 2.42 or what? And then transfer coins from mintpal to wallet and i will get 3,33% from my coins in 1 year? If someone can explain, it would be nice, because i held my coins at mintpal and never had XC wallet Smiley thankyou very much.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:06:28 PM

In all fairness to me, the other coin I mentioned was Namecoin and it's still #8 on the coin market cap list.  It's not dead yet.
The one thing my 3 main holdings have in common is an open and transparent development team.  I don't think any coin will go mainstream without this and I believe it 100%.  Before anyone mentions Satoshi, BTC has a huge team of developers that are publicly identified.  Some of them even worked with Satoshi, so as far as I'm concerned BTC already has a transparent team and foundation.

To the person that says CLOAK is a competitor, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions and step outside of your current opinion to answer it.  Do you see the public accepting a coin named "CLOAK", developed by an unknown person?  This is a very simple yet important question.  The answer seems obvious to me.

I made mention of this, its something that the crypto world will understand, but a 55 year old garbage man will ask what the fuck is cloak. I previously mentioned XC is geared towards the entire population or mass adoption. Long term I do think XC is better. But enough about the chitchat of other coins, lets keep this on XC
G-Bert

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:07:17 PM

Im sorry for stupid question , but i want to tranfer my coins from MP to wallet , so should i download XCv0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42.zip ? Is it version 2.42 or what? And then transfer coins from mintpal to wallet and i will get 3,33% from my coins in 1 year? If someone can explain, it would be nice, because i held my coins at mintpal and never had XC wallet Smiley thankyou very much.

Yes what you have said is correct. there is a guide on the website that is easy to follow. http://www.xc-official.com/wallet

reebokasss

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

Yes what you have said is correct. there is a guide on the website that is easy to follow. http://www.xc-official.com/wallet

yes, i saw it, but should i do something more to get that 3,33% or only transfer XC coins to the wallet? When i get my first coins after transfering to wallet? should i hold my wallet open everytime when my computer is on?

G-Bert

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:18:18 PM

yes, i saw it, but should i do something more to get that 3,33% or only transfer XC coins to the wallet? When i get my first coins after transfering to wallet? should i hold my wallet open everytime when my computer is on?

"When your app is unlocked, you are able to make transactions.

If you don't want to make transactions, but only want to earn interest on your funds, check the “For staking only” box as shown."

So basically, tick the for staking only box when you unlock the wallet. Im probably not the best one to answer you as I haven't transfered mine from MP yet either as I am not 100% sure on a few things. For example does the wallet have to be unlocked for the coins to be staking?

I'd wait on a better reply Wink

dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

I was talking about the other coin I mentioned (VTC), which you can still mine and they have 78 million coins left before they reach their cap.  Currently only 6.1 million coins have been mined.

o yea lol vtc XD

my mistake
and in that sentance i concure

lol no ty
Teka (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:28:16 PM

Transfer the XC to your wallet, open in it when your computer is on and it should be staking. Do you want to set a password on your wallet?
reebokasss

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

Transfer the XC to your wallet, open in it when your computer is on and it should be staking. Do you want to set a password on your wallet?

yes i want to set i pass and make backup, but i saw guide in xc-official how to do it, so i think i will do it by myself Smiley thank you for helping. if i will have question with password setting or backup, i will ask here; )

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:40:57 PM

In response to the attack that was carried out today on navajocoin.

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

XC use's a 90 second block time.

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

2nd

The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Dan

Perhaps you could look at Blackcoin's PoS ver 2.0? It is supposedly an improvement on the security of proof of stake's original design based on Sunny King's work. It's also open source and described in the white paper.

Blackcoin dev rat4 is one of the few solid coin devs around here.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:51:25 PM

yes i want to set i pass and make backup, but i saw guide in xc-official how to do it, so i think i will do it by myself Smiley thank you for helping. if i will have question with password setting or backup, i will ask here; )

Ok no worries, you can pm me directly if have any other concers/questions.
trust.no.one

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

For some reason my posts are not going through.  I unlocked my encrypted wallet with "for staking only" checked, and I was still able to send XC without entering my password.  This seems like a bug to me.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:23:48 PM

I bought some Doge today hoping the block halving would help boost the prices so i can cash out and get more xcs... but i guess there is just tooo much doge that the halving doesnt matter.. cause there is still plenty of doge to be mined.

so now im stuck with much more doge then i want :/ 
Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: