Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:03:43 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 04:18:12 PM by synechist

Hey all

XC's got Italian pages!

Twitter:     https://twitter.com/XCItalia

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/xcurrencyitalia

Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694158.0

Woohoo!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:07:04 PM

removed

I repeat pookie ... do you understand PoSa being  "created" by nameless, faceless Devs?  If you want to post here, enlighten us, answer the concerns that were raised here.
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:21:49 PM

To the community:

Over the last few weeks I have sold every last one of my XC and during that time have been negotiating with the owner of xcurrency.com, who has owned the domain since 2001. As of recent the domain now belongs to me; I don't want to say what I paid for it as I may look like a fool, it wasn't cheap. I hope this says something about how serious I take XC. I have been accumulating many other XC related domain names as well.

I believe in the team’s long-term vision and want to help the community in some way. I am not a programmer and my skills are limited when it comes to tech so I have something else in mind. Eventually I will use the domain to launch an XCurrency related startup, but for now I think we should make it as simple as possible for people to access XCurrency related info, the XCurrency.com domain name can assist in a large way. This will be temporary but I would like to gift the domain name to the community by directing it at the xc-official page some time over the next week.

It took a huge leap of faith for me to make this purchase and I am aware the domain could be worthless in several months, however I think we have a huge opportunity sitting in our hands right now and I will help in any way I can.

If the community has any constructive ideas about other ways the domain could possibly be used in the meantime please let me know. Also if anyone has ideas about future apps, wallets, exchanges, etc., please private message me as I am open to and looking for people to collaborate with.

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

thank you for your effort. I think that the only difference between succesful people/projects/etc and the ones that do not succed is simply the bravery of the former to choose to try and risk, even if there is only sacrifice and uncertainty before them. XC community has plenty of these brave people, and moreover some of them are even professionals working relentlessly to create something worthy. With these premises XC is bound to succeed, and your effort is definitely one of the main bricks building up the wall.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:22:07 PM

To the community:

Over the last few weeks I have sold every last one of my XC and during that time have been negotiating with the owner of xcurrency.com, who has owned the domain since 2001. As of recent the domain now belongs to me; I don't want to say what I paid for it as I may look like a fool, it wasn't cheap. I hope this says something about how serious I take XC. I have been accumulating many other XC related domain names as well.

I believe in the team’s long-term vision and want to help the community in some way. I am not a programmer and my skills are limited when it comes to tech so I have something else in mind. Eventually I will use the domain to launch an XCurrency related startup, but for now I think we should make it as simple as possible for people to access XCurrency related info, the XCurrency.com domain name can assist in a large way. This will be temporary but I would like to gift the domain name to the community by directing it at the xc-official page some time over the next week.

It took a huge leap of faith for me to make this purchase and I am aware the domain could be worthless in several months, however I think we have a huge opportunity sitting in our hands right now and I will help in any way I can.

If the community has any constructive ideas about other ways the domain could possibly be used in the meantime please let me know. Also if anyone has ideas about future apps, wallets, exchanges, etc., please private message me as I am open to and looking for people to collaborate with.

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

That's awesome!
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:30:31 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

Wait, you sold all your XC over the past few weeks yet you believe in the vision so much that you wish to make such a generous donation and assist in the growth of this project? Am I missing something? Are you hoping to get a lower entry point? Or did you need to liquidate all your XC to pay for things like the domain?

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:32:35 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

thank you for your effort. I think that the only difference between succesful people/projects/etc and the ones that do not succed is simply the bravery of the former to choose to try and risk, even if there is only sacrifice and uncertainty before them. XC community has plenty of these brave people, and moreover some of them are even professionals working relentlessly to create something worthy. With these premises XC is bound to succeed, and your effort is definitely one of the main bricks building up the wall.

Thanks. This is how I felt about the whole process; I have no idea what the hell he's singing about but it's one of my favorite tracks. Maybe you can shed some light, the word superoumo has to mean something awesome.
http://youtu.be/nVCcqFYq07U
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

Wait, you sold all your XC over the past few weeks yet you believe in the vision so much that you wish to make such a generous donation and assist in the growth of this project? Am I missing something? Are you hoping to get a lower entry point? Or did you need to liquidate all your XC to pay for things like the domain?

I needed to liquidate, found a lower entry point today and picked up 1k at 140. I'm not worried about the prices right now, the tech is all I care about ATM.
olloman

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:44:19 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

Thanks. This is how I felt about the whole process; I have no idea what the hell he's singing about but it's one of my favorite tracks. Maybe you can shed some light, the word superoumo has to mean something awesome.

"Superuomo" literally means "superman", but in philosophy it is also the italian translation for the Ubermensch concept by Nietzsche, and I'm pretty sure that is the intended meaning since it is also related with "Zarathustra" in the title Smiley

The translation of the lyrics is:

Too many answers can confuse an ancient life
A thousand translations built a wall around me

Alone and weak I get lost in my own words, maybe I'm looking for he/she, who has always been walking beside me

Here, in me is born, the Superman (Ubermensch) is alive

Indeed great song, it definitely is a tribute to Nietzsche, and I think it is meaningful for everyone involved in this thread...beyond the man there is the superman, beyond cryptocurrencies there is XC  Cheesy
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

I always chuckle when people say they believe in a coin and have a long-term vision yet focus too heavily on trading it to lower their basis. Nothing wrong with doing that and more power to the traders that pull it off, but don't for one second think you are helping the coin by "hoping" for a pullback in price to buy back your position. If you were truly long-term, the short-term price action would be of no consequence to you and further, you would want to see price rise, versus fall.
olloman

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:48:46 PM

I always chuckle when people say they believe in a coin and have a long-term vision yet focus too heavily on trading it to lower their basis. Nothing wrong with doing that and more power to the traders that pull it off, but don't for one second think you are helping the coin by "hoping" for a pullback in price to buy back your position. If you were truly long-term, the short-term price action would be of no consequence to you and further, you would want to see price rise, versus fall.

he clearly said that he needed to liquidate, probably also because he needed money to make his amazing gift to the XC community.
Luckily it happened that he was able to get back in at a lower price, if I may add, karma at its finest  Cheesy

apart from this case, I agree with you...I got involved in XC simply as a trader, but eventually remained for what this great project is and will be
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

Hey Abrupto I see you Like Prog from the 70s Smiley In this case I believe he is referring to Nietsche concept of Super Human but Im not sure im listening right now.. If you would like to listen to other Italian Prog Bands from the 70s check out "il banco del mutuo soccorso":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nFUmUk90A

And thanks for the Domain by the way This community is amazing, Olloman nicely done with the Facebook page I did not see it yet. Dajeeeeeeeee

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:53:48 PM

To the community:

Over the last few weeks I have had to liquidate all of my XC and during that time have been negotiating with the owner of xcurrency.com, who has owned the domain since 2001. I used my xc profit to acquire the domain; I don't want to say what I paid for it as I may look like a fool, it wasn't cheap. I hope this says something about how serious I take XC. I have been accumulating many other XC related domain names as well.

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

abrupto, I'm trying to fully understand your thoughts behind this.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I see:

1) you bought xcurrency.com
2) you'll give the team TEMPORARY use of the domain until you decide to use it for something else

So are you just loaning the domain to the XC team until you decide to use it for something else, or are you gifting it to the team for perpetuity?  If it's just temporary, I think it's a bad idea for the team to use it, because people will just be confused when you decide to switch it over for your other purposes.  If you are in fact gifting it to the team, thank you for your contribution to XCurency.

olloman

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

To the community:

Over the last few weeks I have had to liquidate all of my XC and during that time have been negotiating with the owner of xcurrency.com, who has owned the domain since 2001. I used my xc profit to acquire the domain; I don't want to say what I paid for it as I may look like a fool, it wasn't cheap. I hope this says something about how serious I take XC. I have been accumulating many other XC related domain names as well.

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

abrupto, I'm trying to fully understand your thoughts behind this.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I see:

2) you'll give the team TEMPORARY use of the domain until you decide to use it for something else

So are you just loaning the domain to the XC team until you decide to use it for something else, or are you gifting it to the team for perpetuity?  If it's just temporary, I think it's a bad idea for the team to use it, because people will just be confused when you decide to switch it over for your other purposes.

Eventually I will use the domain to launch an XCurrency related startup, but for now I think we should make it as simple as possible for people to access XCurrency related info, the XCurrency.com domain name can assist in a large way. This will be temporary but I would like to gift the domain name to the community by directing it at the xc-official page some time over the next week.

It will be used for something meaningful related to XC, for the moment it will just redirect to the official site, it will always be clear that the "true" official site is xc-official.com
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:59:24 PM

he clearly said that he needed to liquidate, probably also because he needed money to make his amazing gift to the XC community.
Luckily it happened that he was able to get back in at a lower price, if I may add, karma at its finest  Cheesy

apart from this case, I agree with you...I got involved in XC simply as a trader, but eventually remained for what this great project is and will be

Needing to liquidate would have meant that all the proceeds from what he sold went towards expenses. If that's the case, he wouldn't have been able to buy any coins at a lower price unless he either A) Contributed extra capital or B) Had left over proceeds from where he sold.

Either way, if it's A, why wouldn't you sold the difference between the capital you currently have to put up for the domain and such and still had some of your coins? If it's B, then he's not helping the price as is--traders mentality of lowering your basis.
PowderMonkey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

To the community:

Sincerely,

abrupto/crypt0christ

abrupto, I'm trying to fully understand your thoughts behind this.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I see:

So are you just loaning the domain to the XC team until you decide to use it for something else, or are you gifting it to the team for perpetuity?  If it's just temporary, I think it's a bad idea for the team to use it, because people will just be confused when you decide to switch it over for your other purposes.

Eventually I will use the domain to launch an XCurrency related startup, but for now I think we should make it as simple as possible for people to access XCurrency related info, the XCurrency.com domain name can assist in a large way. This will be temporary but I would like to gift the domain name to the community by directing it at the xc-official page some time over the next week.

It will be used for something meaningful related to XC, for the moment it will just redirect to the official site, it will always be clear that the "true" official site is xc-official.com

I'm confused now.. are you and abrupto the same person?

olloman

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

oblox - he also wrote he had been negotiating, I guess he ended up paying less than he was expecting...this is just my rational guess by reading his message, for the actual "truth" you will have to hear from abrupto, if he intends to write it publicly

PowderMonkey - absolutely not, I feel like contributing to the discussion since I'm involved with XC as Italian Team member, also I'm not writing anything special, just pointing out things abrupto himself clearly wrote
PowderMonkey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:06:10 PM

oblox - he also wrote he had been negotiating, I guess he ended up paying less than he was expecting...this is just my rational guess by reading his message, for the actual "truth" you will have to hear from abrupto, if he intends to write it publicly

PowderMonkey - absolutely not, I feel like contributing to the discussion since I'm involved with XC as Italian Team member, also I'm not writing anything special, just pointing out things abrupto himself clearly wrote

Thanks for clarifying.  I'll wait for abrupto to respond then, I did read his post thoroughly and would like to hear his response to my questions.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:06:11 PM

PowderMonkey - absolutely not, I feel like contributing to the discussion since I'm marginally involved with XC as Italian Team member, also I'm not writing anything special, just pointing out things abrupto himself wrote

If you are negotiating for a house, you don't just sell your equities and fixed income on an approximation. You sign a contract on an agreed price, then sell what you need to cover the asking price.
olloman

Crypto Angel

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

PowderMonkey - absolutely not, I feel like contributing to the discussion since I'm marginally involved with XC as Italian Team member, also I'm not writing anything special, just pointing out things abrupto himself wrote

If you are negotiating for a house, you don't just sell your equities and fixed income on an approximation. You sign a contract on an agreed price, then sell what you need to cover the asking price.

again, ask abrupto directly, I'm only speculating with assumptions based on what he wrote  Smiley for what we know, he might even have won the lottery after spending everything for the website and decided to get back in!
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:47 PM

Whohoooooo From Newbie to Member within the XC thread Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: