Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 [886] 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

Im a little off put here.  We had Mindfox review our code as he is a somewhat respected member of the BTCtalk community.

Now he has his own shit clone which is presenting falsified information about the source we recently opened up.  He is claiming he has bettered our rev1 technology... not by actually doing anything with it but by lying and stating there were all sorts of issues that he and his PnD shit team have fixed. And now how they are moving ahead of our progression.  

So why again are we opening source?  I get all the high and mighty fucktards on reptiliea or w/e's thread stating they wont look twice at a coin that isnt open sourced fully but who gives a crap.

Those condescending "Coin analysts" will eventually see the light if they can get each others knob ends out of each others mouths long enough to say something constructive not talk about how much of a crypto hipster they are.

Just hold strong fellow XC'ers  don't let the crypto hipsters get to you!

I did not know that Mindfox copied the XC code from Rev1.  Supposedly he's a great programmer, so instead of stealing the code from XC, why not just create it yourself.  

I hate to say it, but I hope there was something malicious/not working in the open source code that was released.  Boy.....wouldn't that be a lesson to learn for those copy-fucks.  

I wouldn't even bother making any future revs available for open source.  Let this all be a lesson.

You don't trust closed-source?  Fuck off, and invest elsewhere.  
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

Synechist I think a good Idea to make XC distinguish itself from all the scam that is ruining the altcoin Crypto scene would be to be listed in BTC-E.

This is the only Exchange that refuses to list scam coin it seems and for sure it will give XC the Attention that Deserves. What do you think? are you and The PR Team in touch with them?

Honestly, don't even bother. They haven't added any new coins for 6+ months. They're pretty adamant about not adding anything else. Both DRK and BC inquired about being a potential addition and no dice. Hell, even Doge which had hella volume towards the first 3 months of the year wasn't added.
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

Im a little off put here.  We had Mindfox review our code as he is a somewhat respected member of the BTCtalk community.

Now he has his own shit clone which is presenting falsified information about the source we recently opened up.  He is claiming he has bettered our rev1 technology... not by actually doing anything with it but by lying and stating there were all sorts of issues that he and his PnD shit team have fixed. And now how they are moving ahead of our progression.  

So why again are we opening source?  I get all the high and mighty fucktards on reptiliea or w/e's thread stating they wont look twice at a coin that isnt open sourced fully but who gives a crap.

Those condescending "Coin analysts" will eventually see the light if they can get each others knob ends out of each others mouths long enough to say something constructive not talk about how much of a crypto hipster they are.

We open sourced rev 1 which honestly, is light years behind rev 2.45.

Thanks for the response Teka.  I am a little high so I wasn't clear on what I was off put about.  I have followed this thread religiously so I know where we are at and I am by no means threatened by these little crap coin clones Smiley.  I was off put by the fact Mindfox would put his name and reputation so quickly into the waste bin just to make a few bucks by spreading lies and untrue facts about our source and how he "Oh so greatly made it awesomer"  lol

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 07:08:28 PM

Im a little off put here.  We had Mindfox review our code as he is a somewhat respected member of the BTCtalk community.

Now he has his own shit clone which is presenting falsified information about the source we recently opened up.  He is claiming he has bettered our rev1 technology... not by actually doing anything with it but by lying and stating there were all sorts of issues that he and his PnD shit team have fixed. And now how they are moving ahead of our progression. 

So why again are we opening source?  I get all the high and mighty fucktards on reptiliea or w/e's thread stating they wont look twice at a coin that isnt open sourced fully but who gives a crap.

Just hold strong fellow XC'ers  don't let the crypto hipsters get to you!

I did not know that Mindfox copied the XC code from Rev1.  Supposedly he's a great programmer, so instead of stealing the code from XC, why not just create it yourself. 

I hate to say it, but I hope there was something malicious/not working in the open source code that was released.  Boy.....wouldn't that be a lesson to learn for those copy-fucks.   

I wouldn't even bother making any future revs available for open source.  Let this all be a lesson.

You don't trust closed-source?  Fuck off, and invest elsewhere. 

The fact is that this KeyCoin thing is free PR for XC.

And it's good PR because nothing spreads like contention. (In fact, it's my favourite sort of game.)

This is exactly what releasing code on a delayed timeline is good for: showing up stupid coins, helping XC rise to prominence, and providing valuable tech to real devs who want to study it and do some real work.

So all's well. Nothing to worry about. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:11:07 PM

the vaporware argument does not apply for XC.. we have a real product! Please protect it accordingly! But you'll doing fine I think and release it on a delayed timeline is really genius (Ill be coming back on this very soon)
merk475

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:12:36 PM

And it's good PR because nothing spreads like contention. (In fact, it's my favourite sort of game.)

This is exactly what releasing code on a delayed timeline is good for: showing up stupid coins, helping XC rise to prominence, and providing valuable tech to real devs who want to study it and do some real work.

Thanks boss Smiley
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:14:00 PM

i'm looking forward to the  GUI, can you give us a sneek peek teka ?
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:15:49 PM

Yes Please Teka  Grin Grin Grin

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:16:23 PM

Synechist I think a good Idea to make XC distinguish itself from all the scam that is ruining the altcoin Crypto scene would be to be listed in BTC-E.

This is the only Exchange that refuses to list scam coin it seems and for sure it will give XC the Attention that Deserves. What do you think? are you and The PR Team in touch with them?

Honestly, don't even bother. They haven't added any new coins for 6+ months. They're pretty adamant about not adding anything else. Both DRK and BC inquired about being a potential addition and no dice. Hell, even Doge which had hella volume towards the first 3 months of the year wasn't added.

XC is on another league respect to those coins.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
the_game1224

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

+1 I've got the reaction animated gifs ready to go  Wink
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:54:09 PM

All I can say is good luck.
SirEGB

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

Maybe they fear adding XC, Doge, DRK, BC would kill the volume on the other coins they have on their site because you know that is what will happen. 
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:55:32 PM

Im a little off put here.  We had Mindfox review our code as he is a somewhat respected member of the BTCtalk community.

Now he has his own shit clone which is presenting falsified information about the source we recently opened up.  He is claiming he has bettered our rev1 technology... not by actually doing anything with it but by lying and stating there were all sorts of issues that he and his PnD shit team have fixed. And now how they are moving ahead of our progression. 

So why again are we opening source?  I get all the high and mighty fucktards on reptiliea or w/e's thread stating they wont look twice at a coin that isnt open sourced fully but who gives a crap.

Just hold strong fellow XC'ers  don't let the crypto hipsters get to you!

I did not know that Mindfox copied the XC code from Rev1.  Supposedly he's a great programmer, so instead of stealing the code from XC, why not just create it yourself. 

I hate to say it, but I hope there was something malicious/not working in the open source code that was released.  Boy.....wouldn't that be a lesson to learn for those copy-fucks.   

I wouldn't even bother making any future revs available for open source.  Let this all be a lesson.

You don't trust closed-source?  Fuck off, and invest elsewhere. 

synechist ...you starting to sound just like my wife...so much words but nothing make sense any more  Grin
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

The price is declining, yet I feel soooooo confident.... I only want to buy more!

I am not gonna ask about jasinlee, the PESA coin, or anything else, but Im glad I found another cheap coin to hopefully enhance my portfolio.

Every single post of synechist is a gem, really, I enjoy everything, the FUD-countering, the article correcting, every single thing. Good job!

Plz teka fix the new content button in our forum, its really hard to use without it!

XC at this price feels SO good, because its not off putting for the medium-trader to invest in and feel like he got some nice stack, maybe not the thousands or tens of thousands some hold here, but its still nice to own hundreds of some hot prospect.

In other topics you can CLEARLY see that people might not (yet) prefer XC, but they consider it the real deal, not P&D or just scam and respect the team behind it. So do at least 3-4 major twitter personas I follow.

I LOVE the fact that we DONT have a whitepaper yet--- shows confidence of dev team to their work, and its just ANOTHER fact that differentiates us from any other p&d coin, scam or not! I know I might sound like a fanboy to some1 neutral, but the fact remains; had I found anything as much promising as XC, or more, in a cheaper price, I would have sold all my stack in a heartbeat and invest. But the truth is there just isn't anything other worth more right now, in any possible aspect.  

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:36:49 PM

Oblox is correct. Waste no effort campaigning btc-e to add XC at present, it will be totally fruitless.

The site admin has said on record recently they aren't adding any new coins. He's repeated it several times.

Focus energy on objectives that have a reasonable chance of being successful.
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:47:20 PM

The price is declining, yet I feel soooooo confident.... I only want to buy more!

I am not gonna ask about jasinlee, the PESA coin, or anything else, but Im glad I found another cheap coin to hopefully enhance my portfolio.

Every single post of synechist is a gem, really, I enjoy everything, the FUD-countering, the article correcting, every single thing. Good job!

Plz teka fix the new content button in our forum, its really hard to use without it!

XC at this price feels SO good, because its not off putting for the medium-trader to invest in and feel like he got some nice stack, maybe not the thousands or tens of thousands some hold here, but its still nice to own hundreds of some hot prospect.

In other topics you can CLEARLY see that people might not (yet) prefer XC, but they consider it the real deal, not P&D or just scam and respect the team behind it. So do at least 3-4 major twitter personas I follow.

I LOVE the fact that we DONT have a whitepaper yet--- shows confidence of dev team to their work, and its just ANOTHER fact that differentiates us from any other p&d coin, scam or not! I know I might sound like a fanboy to some1 neutral, but the fact remains; had I found anything as much promising as XC, or more, in a cheaper price, I would have sold all my stack in a heartbeat and invest. But the truth is there just isn't anything other worth more right now, in any possible aspect.  

I agree with what you just wrote, but we should always look for opportunities to improve. We need to create an environment where people are both excited about the future and hesitant to sell off their coins.

Having the price tank like this in between revisions doesn't make for healthy growth imo.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:54:17 PM

I agree with what you just wrote, but we should always look for opportunities to improve. We need to create an environment where people are both excited about the future and hesitant to sell off their coins.

Having the price tank like this in between revisions doesn't make for healthy growth imo.

You have to adapt to the circumstances and make decisions. For example, DKR had a nice base and then exploded in some days, but do you remember the crypto scene back then? No anon coins, people much more prone to falling to scam coins, no other legit devs around, no ethereum. XC will enter its prime in a much more difficult environment, thus increasing its credibility by the bucketloads

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:56:22 PM

I did not know that Mindfox copied the XC code from Rev1.  Supposedly he's a great programmer, so instead of stealing the code from XC, why not just create it yourself.  

I hate to say it, but I hope there was something malicious/not working in the open source code that was released.  Boy.....wouldn't that be a lesson to learn for those copy-fucks.  

I wouldn't even bother making any future revs available for open source.  Let this all be a lesson.

What?  This is not good PR.  Was the "contention" that occurred after the first big run up when a bunch of Dark coiners said XC tech didn't work good PR?  No.  This is a similar (although much lesser) situation.

XC is valuable because it is differentiated and has better functionality.  Someone with an audience running around saying that the functionality is actually worse and poorly differentiated is not a good thing.  

Also I agree with battbot's prior points about the whitepaper.  At some point after all the Dark sniping the XC team appears to have decided that it doesn't want to compare itself to other coins and make a clear case for why it is the better solution.  But if people do not think it is better, why would they invest in it on the expectation that it will be the market winner?

XC needs a well thought out whitepaper that clearly states why it is a superior solution, and why it will be adopted over competitors.  I agree that there are some challenges doing so without revealing IP, but that is not a reason to avoid the issue until v3.  Note the pretty large fall in price after the v2 launch, as many investors lose confidence that XC has the best solution...  At some point constant investor losses irreparably damage your community (paging battbot to give a Cinni case study here, although I do think it's obvious that Dan is a vastly stronger developer and leader than the Cinni dev, no offense intended).

So strength of community matters, and it is being hurt by people not having a clear case to point to as to why XC is a superior solution.  Pointing vaguely at "multipath" et al is evidently not sufficient.  A real case for what that means in terms of security, reliability, privacy, etc. would be very valuable. Disagree?
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:22:35 PM

What?  This is not good PR.  Was the "contention" that occurred after the first big run up when a bunch of Dark coiners said XC tech didn't work good PR?  No.  This is a similar (although much lesser) situation.

XC is valuable because it is differentiated and has better functionality.  Someone with an audience running around saying that the functionality is actually worse and poorly differentiated is not a good thing.  

Also I agree with battbot's prior points about the whitepaper.  At some point after all the Dark sniping the XC team appears to have decided that it doesn't want to compare itself to other coins and make a clear case for why it is the better solution.  But if people do not think it is better, why would they invest in it on the expectation that it will be the market winner?

XC needs a well thought out whitepaper that clearly states why it is a superior solution, and why it will be adopted over competitors.  I agree that there are some challenges doing so without revealing IP, but that is not a reason to avoid the issue until v3.  Note the pretty large fall in price after the v2 launch, as many investors lose confidence that XC has the best solution...  At some point constant investor losses irreparably damage your community (paging battbot to give a Cinni case study here, although I do think it's obvious that Dan is a vastly stronger developer and leader than the Cinni dev, no offense intended).

So strength of community matters, and it is being hurt by people not having a clear case to point to as to why XC is a superior solution.  Pointing vaguely at "multipath" et al is evidently not sufficient.  A real case for what that means in terms of security, reliability, privacy, etc. would be very valuable. Disagree?

I have to agree with you here XC is clearly flying under the radar. Nobody has XC on their lips when they talk about the future winner. We have to compare ourself to the best anon and clearly showing and explaining why it's the best. You guys are trying to build an ecosystem on your side but nobody knows about it.

Even if XC is the best tech out there if people doesn't know about it, it's pointless. VHS vs Beta, BlueRay vs HD-DVD. ETC.

I never see XC mentionned on the twitter feeds, IRC, BCT and that's a REAL problem imo. Everyone should have XC in their top 5 imo.
the_game1224

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:30:13 PM

I have to agree with you here XC is clearly flying under the radar. Nobody has XC on their lips when they talk about the future winner. We have to compare ourself to the best anon and clearly showing and explaining why it's the best. You guys are trying to build an ecosystem on your side but nobody knows about it.

Even if XC is the best tech out there if people doesn't know about it, it's pointless. VHS vs Beta, BlueRay vs HD-DVD. ETC.

I never see XC mentionned on the twitter feeds, IRC, BCT and that's a REAL problem imo. Everyone should have XC in their top 5 imo.

Thank you!  I couldnt have said it better myself. 
Pages: « 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 [886] 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: