Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:35:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

Is it going to be based on XMPP or custom protocols?
What about delays and jitter which would be enormous in multihop P2P and likely leading to unsatisfactory call quality?

From Dan's Linked in page:  https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82

Wireless Consultant
Homeland Security Wireless
January 2005 – June 2009 (4 years 6 months)
Developed Large Scale Mobile Mesh Wireless which supports dynamic connection between multiple Access Points with out packet loss - an Industry First!

I think he knows what he's doing.   Grin

Yep, but that's slightly different thing. Large scale wireless without packet loss is great, but P2P for voice is pretty much different as you deal with peers who could have bad Internet connections, introducing high delays and jitter. It is likely that voice call would be routed via multiple peers for increased security causing delays and jitter multiplication which is killing for real-time apps like voice/video calls.

pushing VoIP over multi-path wireless is very similar [in some ways] as RF conditions on a moving vessel change constantly, thus that "path" could go from steady to unsteady in milliseconds.

There are numerous variables at play and a "dial up" user isn't going to be able to do video with XChat as there will be certain bandwidth requirements.

I do have extensive experience with voice/video over a wide-range of network topologies [wired,wireless and satellite] and appreciate the challenges this task will face.  Part of it comes down the codec's used as well.

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

What about delays and jitter which would be enormous in multihop P2P and likely leading to unsatisfactory call quality?

Wireless Consultant
Developed Large Scale Mobile Mesh Wireless which supports dynamic connection between multiple Access Points with out packet loss - an Industry First!

Yep, but that's slightly different thing. Large scale wireless without packet loss is great, but P2P for voice is pretty much different as you deal with peers who could have bad Internet connections, introducing high delays and jitter. It is likely that voice call would be routed via multiple peers for increased security causing delays and jitter multiplication which is killing for real-time apps like voice/video calls.

pushing VoIP over multi-path wireless is very similar [in some ways] as RF conditions on a moving vessel change constantly, thus that "path" could go from steady to unsteady in milliseconds.

There are numerous variables at play and a "dial up" user isn't going to be able to do video with XChat as there will be certain bandwidth requirements.

I do have extensive experience with voice/video over a wide-range of network topologies [wired,wireless and satellite] and appreciate the challenges this task will face.  Part of it comes down the codec's used as well.

Dan

BOOM!  and there you go!

the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:07:39 PM

Dan

So you're saying this should be fun for you  Wink

conradjohnson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Wireless Consultant

Dan

BOOM!  and there you go!

Dan, consider, from a business perspective, if these calls and video calls do take bandwith on the networks, perhaps consider a charge fee for their usage?  XC used as tokens within the app and rewarded to the relaying nodes.   Drive up demand for XC.  

Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:09:32 PM

All right, thanks, would be interesting to see how it goes. I don't know if there are any kind of P2P VoIP available at all. Must be pretty challenging task.

Are you going to use XMPP standards or something of other kind? XMPP could be useful as it would allow to build additional services like file transfer, multi-user chat, etc. pretty fast.
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:09:38 PM

Dan

So you're saying this should be fun for you  Wink

Yes - I always love a challenge.. although sleep is good too :-)

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:11:21 PM

Dan

So you're saying this should be fun for you  Wink

Yes - I always love a challenge.. although sleep is good  too :-)

But the premine!  Haha, just kidding. Cheesy

My money...I give it to you.  My wife...she good, take her too.
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:13:09 PM

Wireless Consultant

Totally realistic approach, but then again better have him working on it than some anonymous dev... Team has already announced a lot of exciting collaborations, we can only imagine what might be happening in the background, perhaps if some big player joins this and provides the resources I feel the team can achieve anything, they have already delivered so much. I am desperately trying to trade my way up.

This ^^

Not that mesh network and p2p voice/video calling are the same thing.  But, with his previous experience in the mobile field, I have all the confidence in the world that he knows what he is dealing with and has already thought about the complexity of the problem at hand.

This is not like some unknown dev came out and suddenly announce that they are going to produce a decentralized skype with absolutely no previous background, but at least a dev that has been there before in the field.

+1 many coins have "announced" they will feature voice chat and video chat but they all failed because of incompetent development. That is why XC will reign supreme. Man I am stoked for the future of this coin.
kyma

Activity: 479

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

Mac wallet with XChat update should be available later today!!!!

Very Much looking forward to this!!

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:17:59 PM

Just want to say great work to the whole team, especially Dan! Good news just keeps on coming!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:26:17 PM

Dan, consider, from a business perspective, if these calls and video calls do take bandwith on the networks, perhaps consider a charge fee for their usage?  XC used as tokens within the app and rewarded to the relaying nodes.   Drive up demand for XC.  

Yes this is being considered.

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Wireless Consultant

Totally realistic approach, but then again better have him working on it than some anonymous dev... Team has already announced a lot of exciting collaborations, we can only imagine what might be happening in the background, perhaps if some big player joins this and provides the resources I feel the team can achieve anything, they have already delivered so much. I am desperately trying to trade my way up.

This ^^

Not that mesh network and p2p voice/video calling are the same thing.  But, with his previous experience in the mobile field, I have all the confidence in the world that he knows what he is dealing with and has already thought about the complexity of the problem at hand.

This is not like some unknown dev came out and suddenly announce that they are going to produce a decentralized skype with absolutely no previous background, but at least a dev that has been there before in the field.

+1 many coins have "announced" they will feature voice chat and video chat but they all failed because of incompetent development. That is why XC will reign supreme. Man I am stoked for the future of this coin.

The thing that you all are forgetting is Dan is more than happy to bring in help if needed, we already have multiple expert coders lead by Dan.
conradjohnson

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:28:22 PM

Roger that.  Putting on spacesuit. 

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:29:30 PM

I should be more clear, as considered doesn't really imply that it is a key part of the vision, which it is.  This is what XNode is all about

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:30:01 PM

Great news team!!

Thanks for doing such good work. Mindblowing as always

New to this whole anonymous coin world, but after reading through dark, cloak, monero,  and xc, I've decided to buy some xc.

I was gonna wait until zero came around, but it looks like you have something here.

Cheers

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:32:08 PM

Good job with this new feature, I have bought some XC as I expect the price will go up to at least 200K.

Holding CLOAK and XC, I think these 2 are the best alts at the moment. Both very innovative.

Now spread the word mate, you are joining a very exciting club.. Things are moving at quite a pace and Imo this coin has no rivals it is that far ahead.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
the_game1224

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:35:38 PM

***The XC Daily Update***

Hello all

It's been confirmed by the developers that XChat will include voice calling in post-Rev 3 editions, and video calling further into the future.

So basically we have a decentralised, private, Skype.

Here's to the future!

Good lord!  Feel like my head is about to explode.

So you are telling me when this is all completed we could install the XCurrency App on our phone run an XNode automatically while staking at the same time and have private Skype functionality?!?!?

Yes, that is what they are telling you.

AFK while I sell my house...

Precisely.

XC's design has had mobile platforms in mind from the outset.

Wanted to bump this with my post bolded just because I can't get over how big this is.
conradjohnson

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

I should be more clear, as considered doesn't really imply that it is a key part of the vision, which it is.  This is what XNode is all about

Tweet THAT @xcurrency.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:40:46 PM

Great news team!!

New to this whole anonymous coin world, but after reading through dark, cloak, monero,  and xc, I've decided to buy some xc.

I was gonna wait until zero came around, but it looks like you have something here.

Cheers

ty for your vote of confidence, its been a long ride already, and its not ending soon!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
the_game1224

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:42:38 PM

Great news team!!

Cheers

Welcome!!
Pages: « 1 ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: