Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:32:16 AM

THAT'S NOT A FREAKING REVIEW OF THE CODE...
TESTING THE SOFTWARE MEANS NOTHING.

SO...STOP THAT NONSENSE WITH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE...

first of all, he cannot give a negative feedback about it, because the software have hes basic functions working.

it's not a review of the code, and it is pointless...

Says cloak bagholder.

Dude, are you idiot? Smiley)) seems you are...
Read what I'm saying again, without reading only one sentence and shooting a reply...

I own lots of coins, and I own around 30 BTC in XC, but I dumped cloakcoin as soon as I saw that the dev used a freaking php script to hype their shit up...

"look, we have some imba feature... CloakSend and shit..."

Big hype for nothing, even a freaking coindesk page talking about that...in the end that was a freaking script...

Lets move this discussion to the right thread where we can talk some more about the difference between rev1 and the current developments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:33:51 AM

Next PR campaign will attract a lot of attention with our EM working and our new futur project of anonymous voice call (and maybe video).
I can't wait to see the undisclosed anonymous feature!
Could it be possible to have an XC mail adress being able to communicate outside the XC network? For exemple sending a mail from XCwallet to xxx@hotmail.com adress.

Is it possible to do something like that? Or even better have xchat communicate to a Skype address? In terms of anonymity it would be a huge deal because you can remain anonymous
to all parties including the party you are communicating with.  
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

Also hope XC stays on track, the little detour from anon to Xchat is nice, the future extention to voice & video great but hope this team first finishes the anon part, including public bounty then focusses on the next thing.
A lot of teams are working on the same 'holy grail', lets be the first with unbreakable & stable anon, build from there

I can confirm that we're well on track with private payments. In fact there are some significant developments that I can't reveal yet.

The reason that we're focusing on XChat for the moment is because chat is a huge market, and messaging is necessary for Bitcoin 2.0-type apps.

Also, XC's anonymity is both stable and unbroken. Post-Rev 3 third party and public testing will give it "bulletproof" status. :-)

Lastly, I think the holy grail is scalable bulletproof privacy. For example cryptonote coins have strong (though not particularly flexible, afaik) anonymity, but they can't scale.

Scalability is absolutely critical for mobile markets. And mobile is the future (and present) of computing.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:38:33 AM

Synechist might want to reply to this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.msg8120876#msg8120876.

I think XC is the first such coin, along a now growing list of anon wannabe coins.
KimmyF

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:39:45 AM

btw, am busy with an android app that requires running my own blockchain explorer. Basically the app will just show graphics & value about my own XC holdings (yes, i check every min also & want it on my phone)
For this to work the app needs to know your XC addresses, which can be a pain to enter (just look at your own inputs) i got a lot of addresses already and spend/trade a little as possible.
To help the entry of those addresses i can use my sql version of the blockchain based on the assumption that if two addresses are used on the same input they must belong to the same wallet, eg: my end user will only have to enter one for the app to suggest the other. Just to make entry more userfriendly.

Are some members willing to help/confirm my wallet guesses (in pm) while im debugging this part of the code?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:43:42 AM

Next PR campaign will attract a lot of attention with our EM working and our new futur project of anonymous voice call (and maybe video).
Could it be possible to have an XC mail adress being able to communicate outside the XC network? For exemple sending a mail from XCwallet to xxx@hotmail.com adress.

Is it possible to do something like that? Or even better have xchat communicate to a Skype address? In terms of anonymity it would be a huge deal because you can remain anonymous

I see the usefulness of this. It makes a lot of sense.

It should be easy to code, but it partly defeats the point. It'll involve trusting some server to send your message on to the recipient.

So although you might remain anonymous, your message will become vulnerable once it enters a centralised email/Skype system.

But hey, building an imap/smtp server and whatever Skype uses into the XC app doesn't sound impossible.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
KimmyF

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:45:47 AM

Also hope XC stays on track, the little detour from anon to Xchat is nice, the future extention to voice & video great but hope this team first finishes the anon part, including public bounty then focusses on the next thing.
A lot of teams are working on the same 'holy grail', lets be the first with unbreakable & stable anon, build from there

I can confirm that we're well on track with private payments. In fact there are some significant developments that I can't reveal yet.

The reason that we're focusing on XChat for the moment is because chat is a huge market, and messaging is necessary for Bitcoin 2.0-type apps.

Also, XC's anonymity is both stable and unbroken. Post-Rev 3 third party and public testing will give it "bulletproof" status. :-)

Lastly, I think the holy grail is scalable bulletproof privacy. For example cryptonote coins have strong (though not particularly flexible, afaik) anonymity, but they can't scale.

Scalability is absolutely critical for mobile markets. And mobile is the future (and present) of computing.
Thanks for your reply (as always), just cant wait for the 'bullet proof' status to end all current discussions & start building from there Smiley
Having 'only' xc at the moment should tell you enough about my trust in your team  Wink

getmining.info

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:55:25 AM

Synechist might want to reply to this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.msg8120876#msg8120876.

I think XC is the first such coin, along a now growing list of anon wannabe coins.

Yes, please do.

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
holyprofit

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:55:49 AM

It should be easy to code, but it partly defeats the point. It'll involve trusting some server to send your message on to the recipient.

So although you might remain anonymous, your message will become vulnerable once it enters a centralised email/Skype system.

But hey, building an imap/smtp server and whatever Skype uses into the XC app doesn't sound impossible.

Yes I see that. But what everyone is addressing is how to prevent third parties from intercepting messages between two senders who know
each others identities - since they arranged to go on xchat to communicate in the first place. The other aspect of anonymity is for the next Edward Snowden to be able to send a "hello" message to the Guardian without revealing his identity to them. It guarantees that sources remain protected as the Guardian need never know their identity. I think xchat -> Skype communication would achieve that wouldn't it? (Of course the guardian could decide to get xchat and advertise the address but until xchat is widely used this is unlikely.)
GameStarter

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:59:40 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 12:19:40 PM by GameStarter

Thanks.
Even if the message could be compromise circulating through servers, sender identity would stay anonymous,ip adress would stay anonymous, no relationship proof could be find.
Next point, i would imagine a tag that show the origin source of the message or voice call, for exemple our XCpseudo + @XCplatform  or xxx@XCmail.
Basically each communication from xc wallet to outside wallet would be an advertising moove.
Non XC users receiving a mail or voice call would ask where does your adress come from...how is it working...Anonymous really? free really? ho but it's also a currency...
Best way to show real application to the mass and create the first and most important feeling of confidence that XC technology is working for real.

It would spread around the world XC existence really quick.

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:04:23 PM

On another note, was the undisclosed rev2 privacy feature revealed yet? Or are we still waiting for that?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:13:11 PM

Yes, please do.

Replied.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:14:27 PM

On another note, was the undisclosed rev2 privacy feature revealed yet? Or are we still waiting for that?

That's still coming :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:18:03 PM

Thanks.
Even if the message could be compromise circulating though servers, sender identity would stay anonymous,ip adress would stay anonymous, no relationship proof could be find.
Next point, i would imagine a tag that show the origin source of the message or voice call, for exemple our XCpseudo + @XCplatform  or xxx@XCmail.
Basically each communication from xc wallet to outside wallet would be an advertising moove.
Non XC users receiving a mail or voice call would ask where does your adress come from...how is it working...Anonymous really? free really? ho but it's also a currency...
Best way to show real application to the mass and create the first and most important feeling of confidence that XC technology is working for real.

I agree that this would effectively be "marketing" for XC. It would be pretty effective.

One thing we'd need to be careful about though is that users often don't want to come across as being cagey when they mail people. Using an XC-to-email service with an address like "pseudo@..." would be pretty cagey. So the appearance of this sort of thing is important...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:18:21 PM

It feels like we are on the cusp of so much now, a great time to be following XC..... Need some popcorn.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:29:44 PM

That's still coming :-)

Grin

is there an ETA on this announcement or just "soon?"
holyprofit

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:30:26 PM

Thanks.
Even if the message could be compromise circulating though servers, sender identity would stay anonymous,ip adress would stay anonymous, no relationship proof could be find.

I agree that this would effectively be "marketing" for XC. It would be pretty effective.

One thing we'd need to be careful about though is that users often don't want to come across as being cagey when they mail people. Using an XC-to-email service with an address like "pseudo@..." would be pretty cagey. So the appearance of this sort of thing is important...

Nowadays one person wanting to remain anonymous is understandable. Call it whistleblower@ or XCleak@

atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:31:51 PM

I think this review is to counteract that screeshot of Dan saying cloak is a scam. If he checks code and its not, its fair for him to take what he said back (give a good review)

he could just say he was talking about the old appraoch and he stands by that. there would be nothing wrong with that since he was talking in a private chat room, he wasn spamming their thread or even in here. it wasn't public.
There is no reason for apologetic feelings or actions, he has done nothing wrong.

Standing by your words about the cloaksend 1.0 and do no more until asked for. that would be the right thing to do.

Counteract a screenshot? We are not 14 year old school girls in here
Anybody can make that screenshot, forgot the link but its somewhere in the cloak thread, a quick 'Viral<something>.com website to make a log like that. Hope Dan just stays quiet on this, say nothing, do nothing and keep working on XC. If they ask, just say you are busy with your own coin. Have to agree with Hoertest on this one, stay away from other coins! He, lets all do that, at least in this thread.

Agreed - I did nothing wrong, cloaksend 1.0 is/was a PHP script.  

Now back to XC

XCurrency has multiple concurrent development projects happening at once, and several more updates are coming!!!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:35:27 PM

[/quote]

Agreed - I did nothing wrong, cloaksend 1.0 is/was a PHP script.  

Now back to XC

XCurrency has multiple concurrent development projects happening at once, and several more updates are coming!!!

[/quote]

ATC has spoken! Cannot wait for the updates.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:37:27 PM

FUDs are back... it did not take long

Facts...scam coin!!!

Centralized shit...

Just read your post... no wonder your so butthurt your and XC fanboy... hahaha well thanks for officially making it open season over there... i stopped posting shit on there thread but thanks to you im back

Tell your fucking trolls to get back on there leash before you all open up a FUD storm you cant handle... and you wonder why we come in here .... this FUCK tard post scam every 30 seconds.... from recent post its obvious this troll belongs to you all
Pages: « 1 ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 [939] 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: