Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

Hello,
is on this coin Proof-of-Stack ?
...if it´s possible I want to let my coins work for me Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:00:39 PM

Hello,

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.

Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

Hi guys Smiley.

Don't know if this would be interesting in anyway for XCurrency, but thought i would link it anyway.
[ANN] [ATM] TRANSFAIR crowdfund EUROPE TWO-WAY ATMs for 10 ALTCOINS
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694691.0.

Very cool, I know we already have ATMs coming out for XC but I think the team should take a look at this as well.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:24:07 PM

And stealt addresses are comming:)
Great addition layer for anon but ....
If I pay someone anon. And not even the chain shows the coin's received how do you settle discussions between buyer and sender? What if that "whatever" seller claims they never received my payment?

Simply speaking, you can't verify anything with 100% anonymity.

This makes sense though. I mean, if you want to verify something (trustlessly) then you have to make information public. If it's public it's not anonymous.

My guess is that single-use publicly known addresses are the sorts of things that retailers will need to use. Stealth addresses are no good for both seller and buyer, since there's (generally) a mutual interest in payment confirmation or tracking.

Ultimately the flexibility that XC will offer with its privacy solution will be something like:

- separate control over disclosing amounts and addresses
- either amounts or addresses (or both) can be made public, private, or known only to sender and receiver.

This way we'll be able to provide appropriate solutions to any given use-case.

If you MUST track it and still wants it to be anonymous, it's quite straightforward with XC.   You just need to take some additional steps.

1. Receiver: Generate a new public address
2. Sender: Using XChat gets public address from receiver
3. Sender: Use private transaction to send to another address that sender owns to anonymize his coins
4. Sender: Use those anonymized coins to send to receiver public address.  (This is the public transaction on the blockchain that can be used to verify transaction)
5. Receiver (optional): Send the coins received using private transaction to another address of his choice.

So, you can have best of both world with XC.
thanks for the replies, nice to read other opinions & usages for tech like this.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:32:32 PM

Good work.  Smiley
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

If I pay someone anon. And not even the chain shows the coin's received how do you settle discussions between buyer and sender? What if that "whatever" seller claims they never received my payment?

This makes sense though. I mean, if you want to verify something (trustlessly) then you have to make information public. If it's public it's not anonymous.

My guess is that single-use publicly known addresses are the sorts of things that retailers will need to use. Stealth addresses are no good for both seller and buyer, since there's (generally) a mutual interest in payment confirmation or tracking.

Ultimately the flexibility that XC will offer with its privacy solution will be something like:

- either amounts or addresses (or both) can be made public, private, or known only to sender and receiver.

Makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise it's monkey logic - how to make the impossible possible because everything is possible or the more popular interpretation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg.
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:20:16 PM

+1
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

Makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise it's monkey logic - how to make the impossible possible because everything is possible or the more popular interpretation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg.

Indeed.

Let's sketch a scenario here:

- I want to pay someone

- I don't want to publicly reveal my address

- I don't want to publicly reveal the amount paid

- I will need to prove to the recipient that the amount has been paid

- If the product/service I'm paying for is not delivered I want the option of using this proof of payment to demand a refund or otherwise seek redress.

- The recipient does not want to disclose his/her address

- The recipient does not want to disclose the amount received

- The recipient needs proof of payment before providing the product/service

Solution:

- Sender uses multipath to conceal the amount paid

- Sender uses trustless mixing to conceal the address paid from

- Sender sends to a single-use address that (s)he is in control of

- Recipient provides a publicised address but will receive payment on a stealth address, thus concealing the address received on

- Sender then makes a public payment to the recipient's publicised address that is recorded on the blockchain as successfully sent

- In the event of a dispute, the sender can sign a message proving to be the owner of the public key associated with that address. This involves disclosing - at least to the recipient and possibly also publicly or to a mediator - the address and the amount. As such, users will be discouraged from engaging in illicit transactions due to inability to dispute publicly should products or services not be delivered.

So that'll work pretty well - and I haven't even need to use XChat, which would come in handy for other scenarios.

Secondly, when XC starts on smart contracts there'll be an additional tool at our disposal: escrow service nodes (which earn fees for forwarding/arbitrating multisig transactions). Now that'll be powerful. There'll be no conceivable situation we can't engineer optimally.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Driv3n

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

Secondly, when XC starts on smart contracts there'll be an additional tool at our disposal: escrow service nodes (which earn fees for forwarding/arbitrating multisig transactions). Now that'll be powerful. There'll be no conceivable situation we can't engineer optimally.

I can't wait for this and I know a lot of ppl feel the same way, that'll be a killer addition to the XC platform.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:48:13 PM

Hello,

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.

THX, I istalled the walled,..bockchain is sync, ...the Coins are on the wallet confirmed (+1.000),..walled is unlocked,but if Iput the Courser on the right botton to the two hammers, I get the massege: "Not mining because you don´t have mature coin"

What´s wrong ;(
Driv3n

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:05:30 PM

Hello,

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.

THX, I istalled the walled,..bockchain is sync, ...the Coins are on the wallet confirmed (+1.000),..walled is unlocked,but if Iput the Courser on the right botton to the two hammers, I get the massege: "Not mining because you don´t have mature coin"

What´s wrong ;(

Just takes a little time for your coins to mature, check back in a few hours and that message will probably be updated and you're coins will be minting Smiley
Driv3n

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

Another thing I've noticed is that the XC network has been steadily growing... two months ago there were rarely more than 10+ active connections to the network and this weekend we've been at 30+ every time I've checked which is great to see.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:21:22 PM

Hello,

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.

What´s wrong ;(

Welcome! Fortunately nothing's wrong. :-) Just wait - your coins will age until they're mature enough to stake.

After than you can expect them to stake at time intervals between 8 hours and 30 days.

You don't need to run your wallet continually. Just start it up once every few days. (The best strategy is to start using it to message people privately because then you'll be running it anyway.)

For regular and consistent payments, send chunks of 50 - 500 coins to different addresses. Make sure you send each chunk in a single payment.

For more info check out the how-to.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:56:33 PM

Looks like people unloading to chase the DRK pump pre Rev 4 release.  Time to buy some cheap XC.
_evolution_

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:00:05 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 05:35:06 AM by _evolution_

Looks like people unloading to chase the DRK pump pre Rev 4 release.  Time to buy some cheap XC.

RC4 is not going to amaze the world - they arer too slow and too #$%^@@^.
Driv3n

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:09:26 PM

The XC Daily Update is a great addition to this thread so I thought I'd put together a weekly review for anyone who has missed some of the developments this week.... if theres anything else that needs to be added please let me know.

***The Unofficial XC Weekly Review***

Soon XC will add a new layer of privacy based on your XChat address.

XChat addresses are soon to be implemented as "stealth addresses" to which people can send payments.

This means that you'll receive payment on a different address that not even the sender knows.

As such, you can publicly display your XChat address as a kind of cryptographic "business card" for both payments and messages, without anything being linked to it on the blockchain!

Finally, combining this with Privacy Mode will conceal the amounts sent to this address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

XC is very proud to launch its very own store!

Go ahead, buy yourselves TOR Sticks @ www.xcmerch.com

- All orders are currently pre-orders with an estimate arrival date of late August for the first batch.

Product Description:

Portable privacy: The XC TOR Stick runs a secure XC wallet, connects to XC’s network via TOR, and makes your coins as portable as a credit card.

XCurrency is very proud to announce the XC TOR Stick, a milestone in digital privacy. It’s a fully featured Xnode “wallet” embodied in a flash drive that connects to the XC network over TOR for maximum privacy. With no installation required, it leaves no trace on the computer you use it on, and its ultra-portable form factor allows you to carry your XCurrency around as easily as a credit card.

XC is the current market leader in decentralised private cryptographic transactions, being the first project to deliver a working, scalable anonymous platform for digital transactions, communication and other “Blockchain 2.0” services. The XC TOR Stick enlarges this platform by adding several unique use-cases:
USE CASES

The XC TOR Stick is a fully featured app; it can stake coins or earn Xnode transaction fees when running. In keeping with XC’s flexible approach to design, it can run on any computer, and can be embodied in other flash drives, CDs, or a virtualised environment. And of course it is private, very private: not only do transactions leave no link between sender and receiver, but your IP address is not revealed, thanks to TOR.

• Insert it into any computer to make payments without installing anything.
    • Unplug it, and none of your personal files or information remain on the computer.
    • When unplugged it functions as cold storage for your coins.
    • Keys can be imported into it, allowing it to function as a backup of your addresses.
    • By existing outside of a computer it is protected against viruses.
    • Make a safe copy of the private keys on it, and you won’t even lose funds if you lose your TOR stick.

------------------------------------------------

Some of the PR articles that were on various sites this week/weekend:

CryptoCoinNews Exclusive:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/xcurrency-begins-selling-highly-anticipated-xchat-tor-stick/2014/08/07

Coinbuzz article on XChat!

http://www.coinbuzz.com/2014/08/10/new-secure-chat-client-based-bitcoin-blockchain-xchat/

GadgtSpot.com: "XChat makes chatting online untraceable".

http://gadgtspot.com/2014/08/08/xchat-makes-chatting-online-untraceable/

-----------------------------------------------------

TOR-STICK ISO Updated to XChat RC3

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

For those of you who don't want to wait, you can make your own XC Tor Stick using the above link and a flash drive.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:33:53 PM

The XC Daily Update is a great addition to this thread so I thought I'd put together a weekly review for anyone who has missed some of the developments this week.... if theres anything else that needs to be added please let me know.

***The Unofficial XC Weekly Review***

Soon XC will add a new layer of privacy based on your XChat address.

XChat addresses are soon to be implemented as "stealth addresses" to which people can send payments.

This means that you'll receive payment on a different address that not even the sender knows.

As such, you can publicly display your XChat address as a kind of cryptographic "business card" for both payments and messages, without anything being linked to it on the blockchain!

Finally, combining this with Privacy Mode will conceal the amounts sent to this address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

XC is very proud to launch its very own store!

Go ahead, buy yourselves TOR Sticks @ www.xcmerch.com

- All orders are currently pre-orders with an estimate arrival date of late August for the first batch.

Product Description:

Portable privacy: The XC TOR Stick runs a secure XC wallet, connects to XC’s network via TOR, and makes your coins as portable as a credit card.

XCurrency is very proud to announce the XC TOR Stick, a milestone in digital privacy. It’s a fully featured Xnode “wallet” embodied in a flash drive that connects to the XC network over TOR for maximum privacy. With no installation required, it leaves no trace on the computer you use it on, and its ultra-portable form factor allows you to carry your XCurrency around as easily as a credit card.

XC is the current market leader in decentralised private cryptographic transactions, being the first project to deliver a working, scalable anonymous platform for digital transactions, communication and other “Blockchain 2.0” services. The XC TOR Stick enlarges this platform by adding several unique use-cases:
USE CASES

The XC TOR Stick is a fully featured app; it can stake coins or earn Xnode transaction fees when running. In keeping with XC’s flexible approach to design, it can run on any computer, and can be embodied in other flash drives, CDs, or a virtualised environment. And of course it is private, very private: not only do transactions leave no link between sender and receiver, but your IP address is not revealed, thanks to TOR.

• Insert it into any computer to make payments without installing anything.
    • Unplug it, and none of your personal files or information remain on the computer.
    • When unplugged it functions as cold storage for your coins.
    • Keys can be imported into it, allowing it to function as a backup of your addresses.
    • By existing outside of a computer it is protected against viruses.
    • Make a safe copy of the private keys on it, and you won’t even lose funds if you lose your TOR stick.

------------------------------------------------

Some of the PR articles that were on various sites this week/weekend:

CryptoCoinNews Exclusive:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/xcurrency-begins-selling-highly-anticipated-xchat-tor-stick/2014/08/07

Coinbuzz article on XChat!

http://www.coinbuzz.com/2014/08/10/new-secure-chat-client-based-bitcoin-blockchain-xchat/

GadgtSpot.com: "XChat makes chatting online untraceable".

http://gadgtspot.com/2014/08/08/xchat-makes-chatting-online-untraceable/

-----------------------------------------------------

TOR-STICK ISO Updated to XChat RC3

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

For those of you who don't want to wait, you can make your own XC Tor Stick using the above link and a flash drive.

this is a great idea!

btw anything happened to cloak? I seen really fast downtrend

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:38:52 PM

Everyone is finally realizing the only significant thing cloak had going for it was hype. And hype dies fast.

Feels good to be in XC, where it's much more than just hype.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

I love XC.. Bought some more earlier, not alot, 12 XC, but that's a lot for me Smiley

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Driv3n

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

I love XC.. Bought some more earlier, not alot, 12 XC, but that's a lot for me Smiley

Now is a good time to buy, if these prices stay where they're at my next paycheck will probably find its way over to MP so I can pick up some more.  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: