Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

Over at ARCH HQ we've been using this awesome app called Slack to organize ourselves.

https://slack.com/

It's been quite effective. You can set up different channels with different topics, make private channels, and even set up bots and scripts to automate certain things.

With ARCH we've got it set up with an automated script such that you need to hold at least XXXX ARCH to even have access (keeps out the troll trash). Then there are more private channels for those who hold more coins.

I could see this being a useful medium for XC. There are obviously community members here who want to be engaged in the project on various levels and Slack would provide an all-in-one medium for XC supporters to gather and for the team to help control the level of community involvement and information dissemination. Arlyn, Dan, and Teka could have their own private channel for their own internal purposes. There could be another private channel where Dan invites select supporters to help him test releases. There could be a public channel where the community tests releases and features amongst themselves.

All discourse is logged and searchable so that people can log on and go back and see what was discussed a few days back.

There are apps for Android and iOS so that you can stay in the loop on the go.

Simply put, Slack is the shit. And the best part is that it's all ready to go and free for the basic features. All we'd have to do is decide to make the move and never look back.

I love this idea!

I seem to remember a while ago Dan was asking about a decent team management program to use. Not sure what the outcome was, but this would be brilliant if you can choose what is shared with who, so the team could use it but the community could get involved in certain aspects too.

(maybe post this on the forum, think were trying to migrate there now instead of here)

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

Over at ARCH HQ we've been using this awesome app called Slack to organize ourselves.

https://slack.com/

It's been quite effective. You can set up different channels with different topics, make private channels, and even set up bots and scripts to automate certain things.

With ARCH we've got it set up with an automated script such that you need to hold at least XXXX ARCH to even have access (keeps out the troll trash). Then there are more private channels for those who hold more coins.

I could see this being a useful medium for XC. There are obviously community members here who want to be engaged in the project on various levels and Slack would provide an all-in-one medium for XC supporters to gather and for the team to help control the level of community involvement and information dissemination. Arlyn, Dan, and Teka could have their own private channel for their own internal purposes. There could be another private channel where Dan invites select supporters to help him test releases. There could be a public channel where the community tests releases and features amongst themselves.

All discourse is logged and searchable so that people can log on and go back and see what was discussed a few days back.

There are apps for Android and iOS so that you can stay in the loop on the go.

Simply put, Slack is the shit. And the best part is that it's all ready to go and free for the basic features. All we'd have to do is decide to make the move and never look back.

I do have to agree here. Slack is really sweet. I no longer hold any arch, my only alt holding is xcurrency. When I was using slack it was simple to use, allows for a great amount of privacy, and was easy to organize and locate information. Many community members were able to create their own topics as well.

The team may want to explore it a bit. Bitcointalk and xctalk feel archaic after using it, no offense Teka. Will you post this at xctalk Infinitechaos?
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

Will you post this at xctalk Infinitechaos?

Already did.  Grin

I completely agree. Slack is king - no other forum or chat app can compare.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
G-Bert

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Will you post this at xctalk Infinitechaos?

Already did.  Grin

I completely agree. Slack is king - no other forum or chat app can compare.

i posted our replies over there too. hope the team go for it.

could community memebers set up groups, or chats or whatever of their own or would it only be team members?

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:04:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions about Slack.

We've checked it out because Pizpie is very keen on it, and it looks very promising.

Current drawbacks: minimal Windows PC support (i.e. browser only) which makes notifications problematic, and zero Windows Phone support. Argh.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:07:59 PM

We've checked it out because Pizpie is very keen on it, and it looks very promising.

Current drawbacks: minimal Windows PC support (i.e. browser only) which makes notifications problematic, and zero Windows Phone support. Argh.

Arlyn bin you win phone!!!  Grin Grin Grin

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
G-Bert

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:10:15 PM

You need to ditch that windows phone for an Android, man.  Grin

What are the drawbacks with it being browser only? I'd be using it on windows too. The forum and here are browser only...

edit: just seen you said it makes notifications problematic. how so? Is it because you would need your browser open to get notifications? if so could you not make notifications send an email to outlook or something similar?

It still sounds better than here or a normal forum to me.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:15:06 PM

What are the drawbacks with it being browser only? I'd be using it on windows too. The forum and here are browser only...

Being browser-only means that people don't get notified of new messages unless you're looking at the browser. It means I miss whole conversations.

Windows phone: quite easily the best platform in terms of:
- tightness of backend/cloud integration
- aesthetics (in comparison Android is a garish cacophony of clashing colours and skeuomorphism)
- smart features (Cortana, data sense, wifi sense, apps corner, live tiles, settings sync, offline maps, etc. etc. etc.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:29:06 PM

Being browser-only means that people don't get notified of new messages unless you're looking at the browser. It means I miss whole conversations.

Windows phone: quite easily the best platform in terms of:
- tightness of backend/cloud integration
- aesthetics (in comparison Android is a garish cacophony of clashing colours and skeuomorphism)
- smart features (Cortana, data sense, wifi sense, apps corner, live tiles, settings sync, offline maps, etc. etc. etc.)

I guess its down to personal preference. i absolutely hate the windows 8 app/tile section (sorry, can't remember the name) so can't imagine having it on my phone aswell.

I have read reviews saying that windows is catching up with android, it just seems that no one is programing for it. (especially in crypto.. is there any coin that has a windows wallet? )

but anyway, I edited my post just as you replied. check the edit. basically, cant you forward notifications to email or something?

SouthernBTC

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

Next thing you know Syn will have us communicating via AOL Tongue that phones gotta go.

I used slack on a Mac and had no issues,  I also received constant email notifications. The notifications let you know which topic the posts were made in, def was a timesaver for me.

On a serious note, you crack me up sometimes Arlyn. I'm still trying to figure out if there's an 80 year old stuck inside your body. You should start your own currency, philosophers stone or alchemy coin or folk rocks. Idk.
I think it would be interesting to sit down with you one day and have a long conversation over a nice Cuban cigar and a macallan 25.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

I guess its down to personal preference. i absolutely hate the windows 8 app/tile section (sorry, can't remember the name) so can't imagine having it on my phone aswell.

Did you use it with a mouse and keyboard?
If so, try it on a tablet. All will be clear. :-)
My PC is a giant 18.4" tablet and Windows 8.1 is just awesome on it.

I have read reviews saying that windows is catching up with android, it just seems that no one is programing for it. (especially in crypto.. is there any coin that has a windows wallet? )

IMO it's been ahead for quite some time, except that some apps aren't on it, though most are.

but anyway, I edited my post just as you replied. check the edit. basically, cant you forward notifications to email or something?

Possibly... but that's pretty clunky. Even Skype beats that.
I guess I've construed Slack as primarily a messaging app - and for that notifications are pretty essential.
If it can legitimately support a forum-type scenario, then that's another story - and a pretty exciting one.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:56:55 PM

I bet arlyn's only real life drawback is being a windows phone user, well, you know what they say, no1 is perfect...  Grin

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

I bet arlyn's only real life drawback is being a windows phone user, well, you know what they say, no1 is perfect...  Grin

Ha ha.
That's very nice of you.

(Now go get a Lumia 930)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SouthernBTC

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:04:38 PM

+1. Yeah, he comes off as a modern day Renaissance man. I bet he smells like old spice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhqUOncefY
infinitechaos

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:11:07 PM

If we used Slack, yes, community members could set up their own channels on their own. Mountaingoat could make his own channel for peddling his t-shirts. Reebokass could have his own channel for his daily dewm-if-not-news posts. URSAY could have his own channel for his lengthy presentation on Dan. And so on and so forth...

For those not on Android or iOS or Mac, yes, Slack allows you to receive email notifications and to cater them to your needs. You can set it such that you get an email when someone mentions you, when someone posts in a particular channel, when Dan makes a post, etc. Thus if you are limited to using Slack through a browser, email notifications should allow you to be kept in the loop.

Slack is designed specifically for team organization/communication. Thus it's like a perfect hybrid between a messaging app and a forum. Communication is in real-time, yet posts and dialogue can be revisited at a later date by those who were away. The top drawback from a forum-dweller's perspective is the 10,000 message limit. The basic/free features allow for only 10,000 messages in the chat. Older messages are archived so they can still be viewed later on, but viewing older messages requires searching the archives. In using Slack with ARCH I have found it to be no problem to dig through the archives for specific information.

In my opinion, I think the best course of action would be to use several mediums.

Slack is king for day-to-day discourse.

BTCTalk/XCTalk are nice for making posts about updates, releases, news, etc. that need to be viewable to the public and for an extended period of time.

If it were me organizing this roadshow, I'd keep this thread locked and post only updates, releases, news, etc. here. Everything else I would have happen on Slack.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:19:12 PM

+1. Yeah, he comes off as a modern day Renaissance man. I bet he smells like old spice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhqUOncefY

!!!

Best ad ever.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Driv3n

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:35:23 PM

Great to see some communication and ideas being thrown around in here again, I think we need that environment like we had early on with so much enthusiasm and the community working together to make XC great.

I'll be posting more over on XC talk but we definitely need a thread here too even if its just for announcements, updates, etc.  A weekly update would be great.

Synechist, I can tell all the XC/Blocknet FUD has taken a toll on you, just wanna say thank you for everything you've done for XC and all the sleep loss and stress you've dealt with over the past 6 months.  A lot of us are still here and accumulating while the price is low.  We support you and the team and will help in anyway we can going forward.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:58:06 PM

Great to see some communication and ideas being thrown around in here again, I think we need that environment like we had early on with so much enthusiasm and the community working together to make XC great.

Yes this stuff is very energising and does all of us a lot of good.

The trick is that if by getting passionate about XC we don't thereby get super-negative when it goes through a rough patch. [My opinion: don't depend on the team too much for info and support. It doesn't improve XC's price or the community's health.]

Synechist, I can tell all the XC/Blocknet FUD has taken a toll on you, just wanna say thank you for everything you've done for XC and all the sleep loss and stress you've dealt with over the past 6 months.  A lot of us are still here and accumulating while the price is low.  We support you and the team and will help in anyway we can going forward.

Thank you Driv3n. That means a whole lot.

At heart engaging with a community is inextricable from the environment we engage in. The smear campaign brought home how toxic Bitcointalk is as an environment. How to engage a community in such an environment? I don't know. It's been very hard.

I suppose I didn't consider in advance how a FUD attack might problematize a relation between a team and a community. But it did; this is the most long-lasting damage it's done really. We do need to engage, and positively. I've just lost faith in our medium for engagement.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infinitechaos

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:04:02 AM

Synechist, I can tell all the XC/Blocknet FUD has taken a toll on you, just wanna say thank you for everything you've done for XC and all the sleep loss and stress you've dealt with over the past 6 months.  A lot of us are still here and accumulating while the price is low.  We support you and the team and will help in anyway we can going forward.

I think the tipping point for Synechist was when I expressed my frustration towards him upon his revelation that he'd known about the FUD campaign several weeks prior, suggesting that he'd 'hung the XC community out to dry.'

Synechist, I realize that you simply having become aware of the coming FUD campaign put you in a fragile position, and it was wrong of me to place any judgment upon you with regards to how you chose to act from that fragile position. I know that no matter what choice you would have made there would have been ups and downs and many unknowns. I am sorry for suggesting that you'd hung the community out to dry.

The FUD campaign, for any striving-to-be-as-objective-as-possible investor/crypto-enthusiast like myself, at the very least made us take a closer look at some of the things that we may have taken at face value amidst the professional presentation of this project. Upon asking myself questions about this project I'd, oddly enough, never thought to ask myself before, the nature of a few of my posts such as the aforementioned reply to Synechist were not so tasteful and for that I apologize.

With that said, I'm still here following the project and willing to help in any small way I can, albeit with more caution than before.

I hope this can perhaps alleviate some of the butthurt lingering in this thread. It's. So. Heavy.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
G-Bert

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:13:18 AM

I want to reply to a few of the latest posts, but i've gotta go, but I just want to say its so refreshing to see some positivity back, whether its here, xctalk, or whatever.  Cheesy

Syn, Im really glad you're back in communication with us! So spray on a bit of old spice, get over androids garish cacophony of clashing colours and skeuomorphism, and lets get this shit back on track  Wink

laters all.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: