Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:35:46 AM

does the wallet have to stay be unlocked to stake because I checked the box that says for staking only and it still lets me send coins without a password prompt

As the wallet itself states - "it offers no real protection". Personally I wouldn't risk staking until this is sorted out - too many people have complained about being hacked and having coins stolen - an unlocked wallet is not going to do any of us any favors, especially those who bought in when the price was 10x lower and therefore have considerably more to loose!

Umm, who complained about having coins stolen, I don't remember seeing any of that. Also, everyone has the same amount to lose, don't matter if they bought in 10 seconds ago or at 10K. This is real money here.. not some magic fiat based currency.

The two major complaints were from members of the community who had coins stolen from their wallets some weeks ago now. There was a fellow asking for donations a while back who had over 20,000 Cloak stolen and another who made it known on the IRC. It's all there in the backlogs but that's not the point really - security is the point and an unlocked wallet is a security risk. If people want to stake in an unlocked wallet they should be aware of the risks that come with it.

No, I totally agree, security must come first. I just did not read about any thefts. I'll have to try and find those posts now.

Absolutely - I myself had a Litecoin wallet skimmed of close to 500 LTC back in August. Wasn't as big of a deal then as it was when the coin hit $40 USD lol Just wanted all of us who invested low to remember that although we might only have paid a few hundred dollars for our Cloak - we need to remember that the potential value of these things is a hell of a lot more and should treat it accordingly. Lock the wallet, sit back and enjoy watching your coins go up in value over the coming months!

Keep in mind the network needs staking to facilitate smooth transactions and secure the block chain. So if everyone locks their wallets then sit back and watch a 51% attack or the dreaded forks start occuring again like early days.

Secure PC = secure wallet.

Have to interject here, any PC that is online is vulnerable to theft of coins from wallets by malware that might get past your defenses. Locking the wallet with a strong password does not provide complete security ... coins have been stolen from password protected wallets. You can prevent theft by moving the wallet.dat to an offline computer or store in an encrypted container until needed. Bitcoin and litecoin have wallets that support cold storage of private keys, other coins do not (yet.)
eatenbyagrue

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:35:52 AM

So to try to steer this back into the intellectual direction, can anyone explain with any more detail than the whitepaper as to how cloaksend works?  How does having an intermediary node safely obfuscate the transaction?  Does this not require trust in the node?
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:40:28 AM

So to try to steer this back into the intellectual direction, can anyone explain with any more detail than the whitepaper as to how cloaksend works?  How does having an intermediary node safely obfuscate the transaction?  Does this not require trust in the node?

I don't think that info has been detailed yet. I believe the node must comply with 'rules' in order to gain trust. So yep, need to trust it to comply.
I'm guessing nodes that comply are invisible to the sender and receiver, so it is trustless in the sense that nobody actually knows who/what is being trusted. Therefore making it tamper-proof?

I also have limited understanding.
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:13:07 AM

But I'm not trolling. Or maybe I am.. What is the definition of trolling?

To me its spreading fud. My meme was not fud.

It's all true.. 8 months of broken promises from the drk dev team, no decentralized anon feature and you guys are encouraging people to buy in now.

I'm just voicing my opinion and it obviously bothers you for one reason or another.

I'm still catching up on posts from the weekend but I have to say that I support your opinion here Bob.  Drk has been making a bunch of promises and baiting people in all along.  Promises, promises.  The Drk supporters want to protect the 'identity' and perception of the coin as a leader in anything 'anon' just by talking the loudest and silencing dissenting opinion.  You have a right to post there as much as anyone else, particularly with facts. 

The whole 'fud' thing is way overused at this point.  When noobs come into these forums they should be given information just because there are so many ripoff artists in this game.  Just makes them think about what to do with their hard earned money/savings.  Some holders are just mad they didn't sell earlier, that is the reality.  As I've said before, it is likely better to be diversified around coins but it is sometimes easy to get one-sided.  This is the only 'free lunch' on w@$& street as they say. 

On that note; coin values are still averaging out as I had thought and I would expect further increases particularly in cloak as it's market cap is still below that of BC/XC/MON/BYTE/DRK.  If you like the coin, hold with confidence. 

Kudos to the dev teams and the hard work they are no doubt putting in on a daily basis.  Bravo and keep up the good work!! 
Good2Great

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:43:20 AM

Is anyone else having issue with CLOAK withdrawals (or any type of withdrawal for that matter) from Crypsty? I attempted to withdraw my coins from Crypsty 16 days ago.. Is there anything you guys would recommend?
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:48:26 AM

You confirmed the withdrawal via email? Open a ticket and tweet @horusisthesun with the ticket number.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:58:22 AM

Is anyone else having issue with CLOAK withdrawals (or any type of withdrawal for that matter) from Crypsty? I attempted to withdraw my coins from Crypsty 16 days ago.. Is there anything you guys would recommend?
With my withdrawals everything went well!
Submit a ticket!
Good2Great

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:12:00 AM

Thanks StephenJH! I'll try that and see where it takes me.
Good2Great

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:21:03 AM

Oh and I opened a ticket already with them..16 days ago : /
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:46:37 AM

Oh and I opened a ticket already with them..16 days ago : /
Are they told you something?  Usually are very fast when they have to solve a problem.  16 days seams too much, there's something wrong.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:20:12 AM

Based on the PoSA public beta (which is mind blowing) and the exciting CIARA news, Cloakcoin should be skyrocketing in price, but it has fallen back some instead. If you think that all the name calling, arguing, and bad sentiment in this thread, twitter, wherever has no negative effects, then you are wrong. I totally get what Wheatclove is saying. There are no regulations in crypto, you are free to do and say what u please...just know and remember that it does reflect on the coin.

This is a good point but it is also good to call out the offensive attacks which are techniques from other forces one may not always understand. 

What do you think about starting a self-moderated Investor Relations Cloakcoin Thread?

This Thread could show graphs of the price development of the last 3 months ,   Every news from the Developers  and basic figures which you normally want to see trading stocks.

Moreover we could concentrate real Investor Questions without fud and get them to the developers in an Q&A Session every week.

Please give me your opinion to that. I would need some help from 2-3 Members to get this done. If we get positive feedback we could make this thread more open to other coins using the same procedure.

Background: I am getting bored to read 20 pages of "nothing" after finding some real important information when I evaluate my trading options atm.

Also a good point so to separate the different 'threads' of discussion (if possible). 

I hear what people are saying about the overall depth of the thread, arguing etc,. This,though, should not be the reason one invests in a crypto. It should be about the technology behind it. Cloak is just starting. About a month old. If I invested money not in technology but the fanboys and how they conducted themselves, I'd be poor. If you want intelligent debate and banter, start it. Ask questions. Post it again if it gets buried or goes unanswered. This is nonsense. To come here and say the price must be falling or stagnant due to x,y,z is gross misinformation and at it's worst sheer fud. You don't know, I will repeat, YOU DON"T KNOW, how many times I have bought or dumped enmass a crypto, moving a market one way or the other, only to have people try to rationalize the price swing with 'it must be multi pools dumping' or 'the chinese just woke up, buying'. If it appears cheap to you, that is the time to buy. That's good investing. The devs have been updating POSA regularly. You want updates on ONEMARKET? Go to irc, #cloakcoin. PM or ask x11joe any question you want. Fuck, post it here. If you want 'intelligent banter' be prepared to start it.

Excellent point.  Been following your posts for over a year now I think.  Interesting we have similar coin(s) in common. 
karkkis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:28:49 AM

You know, you can have some of the smartest and secure locks the world can offer you. But if you give the bad guy your keys then that's your fault.
I think you better look deeper into the story of these 'hacks'. Usually it's because the person was piss-poor at maintaining basic security on their PC. I don't think I've seen any instances here of sophisticated hacking except for the Mintpal attack.

That said, we should of course put a high focus on security.

Yep. I'm paranoid on security, I guess there's a lot of malware running around...

so beginner's guide to security (please add and help to improve these suggestions):

1. Do not use pirated software on the same computer you have your wallets... ..they might contain
keyloggers etc. (I know lot of people are on pirated windows....but still)

2. Be careful of new coins and installing their wallets, if it was a scam coin (around 5-10 % of all coins are pure scam coins) they might contain malware.

3. Install a good firewall that reports all in/outgoing activity. I'm with mac and I am using "little snitch"...it's great

4. Do not keep teamviewer running on the background. Try to minimize your time on remote connections. Never leave them running for hours in the background.

5. Don't trust random people from the internet, who want to help you.

6. Keep your important wallet.dat's in a usb stick(s), or network isolated machine with ssd disks. Paper wallet might be a good idea too.

7. ? More? please help us be safe.

Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:27:42 AM

7.1 Also install antimalware software-https://www.malwarebytes.org/
8.Use Ccleaner
9.Virtual keyboard(for password)
10,Scan files with-https://www.virustotal.com

Optional:
Install Linux(dual boot)
Install https://www.virtualbox.org/(Install Linux)
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

You know, you can have some of the smartest and secure locks the world can offer you. But if you give the bad guy your keys then that's your fault.
I think you better look deeper into the story of these 'hacks'. Usually it's because the person was piss-poor at maintaining basic security on their PC. I don't think I've seen any instances here of sophisticated hacking except for the Mintpal attack.

That said, we should of course put a high focus on security.

Yep. I'm paranoid on security, I guess there's a lot of malware running around...

so beginner's guide to security (please add and help to improve these suggestions):

1. Do not use pirated software on the same computer you have your wallets... ..they might contain
keyloggers etc. (I know lot of people are on pirated windows....but still)

2. Be careful of new coins and installing their wallets, if it was a scam coin (around 5-10 % of all coins are pure scam coins) they might contain malware.

3. Install a good firewall that reports all in/outgoing activity. I'm with mac and I am using "little snitch"...it's great

4. Do not keep teamviewer running on the background. Try to minimize your time on remote connections. Never leave them running for hours in the background.

5. Don't trust random people from the internet, who want to help you.

6. Keep your important wallet.dat's in a usb stick(s), or network isolated machine with ssd disks. Paper wallet might be a good idea too.

7. ? More? please help us be safe.

You mean more like 75% are pure scam.
surgexvb

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:34:36 AM

Not really true.  Teamviewer is a fully encrypted connection.  Both video and keystrokes.  Not sure if that can defend against keyloggers installed on the computer you are viewing, but at least your internet or LAN traffic cannot be monitored because of its end to end encryption.  Always be sure your remote connection is fully encrypted.  Free versions of software, like Real VNC for example, are not always fully encrypted, therefore any keystrokes and data can easily be deciphered.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:19:52 AM

I hope I can get an clear answer Cheesy

I have been with cloak since the launch on bittrex. Bouhgt a lot of coins at 7-10k and already sold them (weeks ago)
Now I am following cloak again, because it seems to be a legit and serious long term project! 500pages is a "good" sign for active community...
So what is going on right now? The volume on bittrex is declining, but the price is rising?

I guess we have a lot of fake buys and sells going on...

In my opinion we reached the tip of the iceberg and slow sell off has begun.

What do you think? Pm me if you want!
DutchTrades

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:46:18 AM

I hope I can get an clear answer Cheesy

I have been with cloak since the launch on bittrex. Bouhgt a lot of coins at 7-10k and already sold them (weeks ago)
Now I am following cloak again, because it seems to be a legit and serious long term project! 500pages is a "good" sign for active community...
So what is going on right now? The volume on bittrex is declining, but the price is rising?

I guess we have a lot of fake buys and sells going on...

In my opinion we reached the tip of the iceberg and slow sell off has begun.

What do you think? Pm me if you want!

Sir, are you begging for cheaper coins here?
thcmakaveli

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:57:21 AM

does the wallet have to stay be unlocked to stake because I checked the box that says for staking only and it still lets me send coins without a password prompt

As the wallet itself states - "it offers no real protection". Personally I wouldn't risk staking until this is sorted out - too many people have complained about being hacked and having coins stolen - an unlocked wallet is not going to do any of us any favors, especially those who bought in when the price was 10x lower and therefore have considerably more to loose!

Umm, who complained about having coins stolen, I don't remember seeing any of that. Also, everyone has the same amount to lose, don't matter if they bought in 10 seconds ago or at 10K. This is real money here.. not some magic fiat based currency.

I lost 28`184 Cloakcoins...
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:31:05 AM

Its not a coins fault if someone gets hacked on the internet. Someone could steal your bitcoin or redirect your miners to their pool lol Not the coins fault. The fault lies with you and it is your job to protect your machine. Someone could hack your bank accounts. Should you stop using a bank?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:47:17 AM

Here is a thread discussing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713836.0

So far there's been no answers, but there will probably be when they know how they are going to do it.
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: