Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 08:29:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266188 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mikerutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:56:02 PM

Lol 10k sell orders at around 40k cloak got pulled!! Yep we moving on up...
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

Lol 10k sell orders at around 40k cloak got pulled!! Yep we moving on up...

Yep, some people want to join Da Club

Did you post your club on cloaktalk? When i get home i can verify my wallet, i could even make a page on cloakdesk for us.
BTCgraphics

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:22:27 AM

thcmakaveli

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

I would like to apologize for what I said. My behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature, and lacked the respect cloakcoin deserved. In the future, I have every intention of curbing my thoughtless actions and learn to adjust my behavior befitting the environment and situation.
Again, I am sorry for my actions and I hope that we can put this matter behind us.

Expect it soon !

merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:38:24 AM

Lol at the bittrex order book packed full of buy orders of a bit over 1 cloak.
Ltsknnr

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

I just can't help but smile and laugh. As everyone got emotional and freaked out in the IRC I advised folks to stay calm, keep their wits about them and not get emotional...of course, very few people took heed and ended up crashing the market while simultaneously losing money.

I am happy to see that people are once again realizing that there is a lot to like about this coin and the dev team is working tirelessly to accomplish goals.

Kudos to everyone that stood strong and believed. To those that freaked out, it's ok, you're human and made a choice. We forgive you, just don't let it happen again ;-)
miningfool

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:40:12 AM

Yeah people tend to get hyper emotional with alts.  Cloak is a neat coin and all, but it did see its post-launch pump and charts are charts, all things being the same I would think it will continue a downward trend over a long period of time, like Bitcoin/Litecoin/DRK/BC/every other coin before it.  ...Until one day it potentially sees the mega pump (a la BC).  What I keep thinking of in the back of my mind as a corollary is Quark coin.  Quark followed a very similar type of path.  Launched beginning of summertime, saw a small pump, then long period of declining prices and accumulation, and then the big winter rally.  But that was because somebody accumulated a lot and put the effort into promoting it.  So what I am hoping, is that if/when the dev team delivers in September, it is a positive signal to external forces and then we see more outward promotion and it sees a cycle like Quark.  Of course, after the winter holidays last year we all know where Quark went.  Unfortunately that seems to just be the way the alt markets work.  To some degree I suppose it is debatable if that is what we have seen in Bitcoin as well, and perhaps we are on the downward side of the great Bitcoin pump and dump of 2013.

Of course my above paragraph of commentary pre-supposes that one's only focus or interest is in price going "very very high!" </fyrstikken voice off> but aside from that I could see Cloak gaining wider regular usage by people as...*ahem* a currency and not a commodity.  A counterpoint to that argument however is that other coins have also implemented markets that...see no use.  So I have to assume that most people's interest is just in price going "very very high!" </fyrstikken voice off> Cheesy  But remember, it is a zero sum game, every time the price goes very high, somebody is buying at that price, and becomes the new bagholder filled with emotion and anxiety on the other side....

...but then again maybe I'm the fool.  I don't think we will ever see $1000 bitcoin again, I think the price will trend to around $100 over the next 6-12 months unless someone decides to pump it again.
miningfool

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:04:04 AM

mikerutch

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:14:40 AM

Yeah people tend to get hyper emotional with alts.  Cloak is a neat coin and all, but it did see its post-launch pump and charts are charts, all things being the same I would think it will continue a downward trend over a long period of time, like Bitcoin/Litecoin/DRK/BC/every other coin before it.  ...Until one day it potentially sees the mega pump (a la BC).  What I keep thinking of in the back of my mind as a corollary is Quark coin.  Quark followed a very similar type of path.  Launched beginning of summertime, saw a small pump, then long period of declining prices and accumulation, and then the big winter rally.  But that was because somebody accumulated a lot and put the effort into promoting it.  So what I am hoping, is that if/when the dev team delivers in September, it is a positive signal to external forces and then we see more outward promotion and it sees a cycle like Quark.  Of course, after the winter holidays last year we all know where Quark went.  Unfortunately that seems to just be the way the alt markets work.  To some degree I suppose it is debatable if that is what we have seen in Bitcoin as well, and perhaps we are on the downward side of the great Bitcoin pump and dump of 2013.

Of course my above paragraph of commentary pre-supposes that one's only focus or interest is in price going "very very high!" </fyrstikken voice off> but aside from that I could see Cloak gaining wider regular usage by people as...*ahem* a currency and not a commodity.  A counterpoint to that argument however is that other coins have also implemented markets that...see no use.  So I have to assume that most people's interest is just in price going "very very high!" </fyrstikken voice off> Cheesy  But remember, it is a zero sum game, every time the price goes very high, somebody is buying at that price, and becomes the new bagholder filled with emotion and anxiety on the other side....

...but then again maybe I'm the fool.  I don't think we will ever see $1000 bitcoin again, I think the price will trend to around $100 over the next 6-12 months unless someone decides to pump it again.

Nice post dude.
CoinStandard

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:49:05 AM

@TheDagger 2 weeks is very tight for a development with this volume. Especially since you've just started the job again from scratch. I hope you will be able to deliver by or on due date. I have my faith in you.

Oh, and an off-topic note, you live in France and used the fucked-up American date system, really?? I mean, really??? The first time I saw it I thought, 9th of October, great...
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:57:56 AM

who cares about the due date as long as its done soon enough and works. You guys act like its either god in a bottle or a complete scam its neither. I'm voting its gonna keep going up
CoinStandard

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

I think you are wrong for the most part.

Firstly mega-pump does not exist, you have just made up this term because you thought it sounds cool and professional. I can assure you, it does not. It is and it was always pump and dump, whales and sharks playing with the small fish. If you know the mechanics and can play by their terms, "swim by their sides", you may achieve high amount of profit in a short period of time.

Secondly, Quark was a very nice startup at the end of last year, with great features and active developers. The coin was even analysed by Max Keiser in one of his reports. It wasn't a sole pump and dump after-all, the price still hasn't fallen back to the original levels -- i.e. before-the-pump-levels -- but yes in the long term it will tend to decrease a lot since the devs have left and there are no new features or ideas invested into QRK. Shame.

Thirdly, the altcoin-markets are massive test terrains for future currencies -- if you haven't noticed this trend already -- most will die, some may prevail. Therefore, yes you were mostly right about this, there is a fast rise in case of most coins and a long fall-back period -- which may be not as long in most cases because we all know how many scam-coins are around these days.

And last but not the least, in my opinion BTC is just maturing -- complete maturity is still a far cry though, it may take a decade or more --, there is more fuss in the news about it every day. We are in an era of mass adoption by the public. More and more people can reach it; even more important, gain knowledge of its existence. I don't believe we will see the price going below $400 any time soon -- except if another flash dump happens but that's not a long term price. In the long term I think we will see many more ATHs followed by price decreases but IMHO $700k/btc in a decade or so is not impossible at all.

Well, I hope I have covered all your points, looking forward to your response. BTW your chart in the next post is less than childish.
jorrr

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

i'm still not buying this dumped coin, you shouldn't either

but always nice to help out some bagholders with your precious btc

BTCgraphics

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:55:35 AM

tubesteak

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:59:48 AM

This fuck went from screaming "Cloak is tits", to one of the main Cloak trolls. What a funny child.

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
miningfool

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:05:45 AM

Firstly mega-pump does not exist, you have just made up this term because you thought it sounds cool and professional. I can assure you, it does not. It is and it was always pump and dump, whales and sharks playing with the small fish. If you know the mechanics and can play by their terms, "swim by their sides", you may achieve high amount of profit in a short period of time.

Secondly, Quark was a very nice startup at the end of last year, with great features and active developers. The coin was even analysed by Max Keiser in one of his reports. It wasn't a sole pump and dump after-all, the price still hasn't fallen back to the original levels -- i.e. before-the-pump-levels -- but yes in the long term it will tend to decrease a lot since the devs have left and there are no new features or ideas invested into QRK. Shame.

Thirdly, the altcoin-markets are massive test terrains for future currencies -- if you haven't noticed this trend already -- most will die, some may prevail. Therefore, yes you were mostly right about this, there is a fast rise in case of most coins and a long fall-back period -- which may be not as long in most cases because we all know how many scam-coins are around these days.

And last but not the least, in my opinion BTC is just maturing -- complete maturity is still a far cry though, it may take a decade or more --, there is more fuss in the news about it every day. We are in an era of mass adoption by the public. More and more people can reach it; even more important, gain knowledge of its existence. I don't believe we will see the price going below $400 any time soon -- except if another flash dump happens but that's not a long term price. In the long term I think we will see many more ATHs followed by price decreases but IMHO $700k/btc in a decade or so is not impossible at all.

Well, I hope I have covered all your points, looking forward to your response. BTW your chart in the next post is less than childish.
CoinStandard

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:21:19 AM

Your point being? Posting a bunch of charts only verifies my points. Most alts tend to go down. BTC keeps its value for the most part. And your chart is still stupid.
mikerutch

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:30:38 AM

For those who are not in the USA the date is:

10/09/2014
mikerutch

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:32:06 AM

Cloakcoin Q & A posted on Cloaktalk.org

http://cloaktalk.org/t/cloak-development-q-a/275

A number of questions have also been answered by theDagger so please check out the link for answers!
rhader

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:46:54 AM

And Huh This literally proves nothing.
Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: