Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:09:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86961 times)
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:55:16 AM

Finally can confirm that we have a little treat coming out this week for you guys. As someone noted, it is a difficult time in cryptos because instamine scams, and dev dumps have really hurt investors trust in trading. A ton of BTC is biggest from altcoin trading, and it seems only a few coins a week actually have much volume. I can't guarantee that Harmony will reach ICO price again, but I can say we are not gone. We're still working on this coin. We didn't raise as much as we were hoping in the IPO, and that is probably our fault, but we're putting what time we can into this coin. I know there is little support right now, it is probably a better idea to just stake for now. The less coins that are up for sale, the faster it can rise up in price.
Looking forward to hear more. Yeah the post-mintpal area sucks. The volume has been sucked out of altcoins. Bittrex is no suitable replacement for a variety of reasons.

HMY has solid fundamentals. The only negative aspect is that it dropped below IPO price significantly and the "pause" in development came at a bad time. But there was no FUD, no scam or anything (at least not that I know of), just lack of developments and interest. With this solid base, a 3.5MM total and a few (hopefully) neat features coming up, this coin is definitely undervalued. There are scamcoins with 10x the supply that trade >1000 sat, so why shouldn't HMY? It might not be a >10k sat coin after all, but 5k should be the short-mid term goal.

You've got to communicate more though. People are already joking that POD is going to be the next hypetrain - "Proof of Developer". Secretly labouring away won't help the coin recover, as nobody can see you are active unless you communicate with us. The coin needs to grow a community if it wants to succeed long-term.

neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 07:39:08 AM

From the IPO section:

We are treating this coin like a business and will use funding for advertising campaigns, software development, business deals, and merchant adoption tools.

so did you guys just run off with initial investors money? I don't see anything happening

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:11:10 PM

From ann:

It takes everyone working together to make something succeed in Cryptos. We need a strong community that is just as dedicated as our coin's team is!

Looks like the community is far more dedicated than the team. 

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:23:08 PM

I can't guarantee that Harmony will reach ICO price again, but I can say we are not gone.

Let me begin by saying you are not working to get this coin above ICO price. You are working in order to build a better infrastructure on digital currencies (or you're trying to). Innovation comes in different shapes and sizes, but it takes hard work and commitment. From what I've seen in the development of this coin is there is not much commitment on the innovations needed to thrive on the crypto space. The updates come very sluggish, in order to survive in this business you have to work your butt off and think, brainstorm, ways to make innovations that would help digital currencies. Ignore the price, work on the coin.

We didn't raise as much as we were hoping in the IPO, and that is probably our fault, but we're putting what time we can into this coin.

Many coins don't even do an ICO, and you know why? They put their money where their mouth is. An ICO was just to alleviate some costs to the people working with coin, but it's not over once the ICO runs out. There is no such thing as "we didn't raise as much as we wanted", this shouldn't be an issue, you're working on something you believe in. You put time and effort to make the coin thrive. Do it, don't just talk about doing it.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
HarmonyCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:12:07 PM

These are things that require large amounts of funds to pursue, other than software developments. As we have said, we barely raised any funds relative to our goal, and that hampers things such as advertising campaigns, and our 100% commitment to this coin. We can't work on this as a full-time job if only $16000 was raised to funds for the coin and a team of 4. So, we did not run off, but yes we have other priorities as well. Again we are releasing the new updated wallet soon, which they are very nice, and we hope to release other things after that as well. Cryptos overall are in a VERY bad state right now though, and there are no strong exchanges to host them right now, so this is overall just a bad time for things. In the real world a three week wait is not a long time, but in cryptos three weeks seems to be 3 years.
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:23:15 PM

These are things that require large amounts of funds to pursue, other than software developments. As we have said, we barely raised any funds relative to our goal, and that hampers things such as advertising campaigns, and our 100% commitment to this coin. We can't work on this as a full-time job if only $16000 was raised to funds for the coin and a team of 4. So, we did not run off, but yes we have other priorities as well. Again we are releasing the new updated wallet soon, which they are very nice, and we hope to release other things after that as well. Cryptos overall are in a VERY bad state right now though, and there are no strong exchanges to host them right now, so this is overall just a bad time for things. In the real world a three week wait is not a long time, but in cryptos three weeks seems to be 3 years.

give me the ICO money, I got 4 people who are willing to work full time for that money.

you guys have done absolutely nothing. nothing. nothing.

3 weeks? its been 8 weeks since you posted the ann. come on

UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:07:25 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 11:28:47 PM by UNO_owner

give me the ICO money, I got 4 people who are willing to work full time for that money.

you guys have done absolutely nothing. nothing. nothing.

3 weeks? its been 8 weeks since you posted the ann. come on

No shit.  You've done nothing but spend the ICO money on your wedding.  Hope it was nice.  If 16k wasn't enough for you to put 100% in this coin as you said, you should have refunded the ICO money.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:48:48 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 12:07:47 AM by HarmonyCoin

We're not out of the coin, and we're gonna be releasing the wallets as announced, but how could we work full-time on something with only $16,000. This is a project for us, and we are still involved.
learminer

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:08:42 AM

I wasn't gonna say anything but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I know many coins where devs work their asses off without compensation, because they believe in the project. This whining about the low ICO returns is really pretty sad.

Nobody is asking 24/7 work by 4 people for 16k, but the time since launch was basically a complete no-show. Except for the work on the multipool I can't think of ANY visible dev or promotion work to this day. You've got to agree all of this is a bit weak for a coin with grand plans that at least got a little kickstart with the ICO. Yes, 16k isn't the world. But its a helluva lot more than most devteams start out with and certainly enough to finance at least a few weeks of dedicated dev/research/promotion work without having to worry about paying for rent, food and wine.

Now MAYBE that has been happening behind the scenes? But you're hiding any excitement or hope you guys might still have for this "project" pretty well from the rest of the world. Even the devteam won't tweet about their coin, I mean what does that say?

neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:52:32 AM

IRC doesnt exist no tweets ever... no announcements ... a new wallet? what for?

we need real developments.

neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:52:45 AM

I wasn't gonna say anything but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I know many coins where devs work their asses off without compensation, because they believe in the project. This whining about the low ICO returns is really pretty sad.

Nobody is asking 24/7 work by 4 people for 16k, but the time since launch was basically a complete no-show. Except for the work on the multipool I can't think of ANY visible dev or promotion work to this day. You've got to agree all of this is a bit weak for a coin with grand plans that at least got a little kickstart with the ICO. Yes, 16k isn't the world. But its a helluva lot more than most devteams start out with and certainly enough to finance at least a few weeks of dedicated dev/research/promotion work without having to worry about paying for rent, food and wine.

Now MAYBE that has been happening behind the scenes? But you're hiding any excitement or hope you guys might still have for this "project" pretty well from the rest of the world. Even the devteam won't tweet about their coin, I mean what does that say?

+1

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

Guys I understand and agree, as an investor I would feel the same way. The thing is though, our main dev did have a wedding and honeymoon, so that does take some time. It hurt the coin's price, but we are working as I keep saying. Wallet is coming this week.
sidiberd

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:51:35 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 02:02:56 AM by sidiberd

Let's not go too fast with criticism, although most of it is constructive and legit. The development part of the coins is doing ok despite some delays (the wedding; which i personally believe is a priority in everyone's life) and the delivery will happen in the coming days. Where this coin lacks is attractivity for investors, and we all know well that development alone -unless it is something groundbreaking- isn't enough.

When i first invested in this coin, it was all those good reputation names that made me believe in this project: CryptoAdvisor, Fernand0x, Triplef, RayHernandez and DailyModo. I have to say that until this moment and despite the delays, it has been Fernand0x (head developer) that has done his work the best -and we still have to experience the release of the tor etc this week to confirm that. The marketing part that should be done by CryptoAdvisor, has since the IPO been majorly lacking. I don't know about the communication, but whoever has been doing it hasn't been doing a bad job too and has been responding to the community (although irc, twitter, website, facebook etc have all been lagging behind). The multipool was an interesting effort although it is also lagging behind right now. I mean all this analysis is to show that the reason why this coin isn't where it is supposed to be is not rocket science or some obscure unknown reasons, it's simply because some of the main criteria needed for a coin to succeed have not been fulfilled- and that, most people will attribute to the lack of dedication and effort from the devs.

We do not want to entertain a community takeover or anything yet, as we still have hope and I personally am even ready to give some bounties out to help the coin. We can clearly see that this coin has a community, and if people are still holding and staking is because we believe in the long-term and still have hope. However, we need to see some more excitement, dedication and work before we become even more dedicated to this coin.

A roadmap and a foundation that could treat and concentrate on the aspects that are still severely lacking in this coin would -in my opinion- help promote this coin to where we thought it belonged. I mean:

1) the market cap is so low and the potential is yet to be reached
2) people are not selling their coins or are selling very low quantities on bittrex (which shows out community is a rather strong one)
3) It takes less than 4 btc to get back to half the IPO price from the mediocre price atm (but again we need some strong development and dedication from devs for price to keep rising or tanking).
4) we are ranked number 2 in the voting in polinex.

It is time to kick start once and for all this project and get it to where it belongs. The community is here and doing what it can, devs we need more of your efforts.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:55:27 AM

Let's not go too fast with criticism, although most of it is constructive and legit. The development part of the coins is doing ok despite some delays (the wedding; which i personally believe is a priority in everyone's life) and the delivery will happen in the coming days. Where this coin lacks is attractivity for investors, and we all know well that development alone -unless it is something groundbreaking- isn't enough.

When i first invested in this coin, it was all those good reputation names that made me believe in this project: CryptoAdvisor, Fernand0x, Triplef, RayHernandez and DailyModo. I have to say that until this moment and despite the delays, it has been Fernand0x (head developer) that has done his work the best -and we still have to experience the release of the tor etc this week to confirm that. The marketing part that should be done by CryptoAdvisor, has since the IPO been majorly lacking. I don't know about the communication, but whoever has been doing it hasn't been doing a bad job too and has been responding to the community (although irc, twitter, website, facebook etc have all been lagging behind). The multipool was an interesting effort although it is also lagging behind right now. I mean all this analysis is to show that the reason why this coin isn't where it is supposed to be is not rocket science or some obscure unknown reasons, it's simply because some of the main criteria needed for a coin to succeed have not been fulfilled- and that, most people will attribute to the lack of dedication and effort from the devs.

We do not want to entertain a community takeover or anything yet, as we still have hope and I personally am even ready to give some bounties out to help the coin. We can clearly see that this coin has a community, and if people are still holding and staking is because we believe in the long-term and still have hope. However, we need to see some more excitement, dedication and work before we become even more dedicated to this coin.

A roadmap and a foundation that could treat and concentrate on the aspects that are still severely lacking in this coin would -in my opinion- help promote this coin to where we thought it belonged. I mean:

2) people are not selling their coins or are selling very low quantities on bittrex (which shows out community is a rather strong one)
3) It takes less than 4 btc to get back to half the IPO price from the mediocre price atm (but again we need some strong development and dedication from devs for price to keep rising or tanking).

It is time to kick start once and for all this project and get it to where it belongs. The community is here and doing what it can, devs we need more of your efforts.

We're not suggesting a community takeover, but would you guys be interested in a community coin here. We will still work and develope what we're working on, but would anyone in the community be willing to jump on the team and work with us. We can pay bounties to people to build stuf, like an android wallet or something. The community can work to promote, and come with new ideas because honestly that's what we need. I know Sidiberd wants to help out and be with us, so would you guys interested in help us out with this coin, and we can all work together?
icess

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:18:48 AM

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DCM
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest.

the DCM is de-listing, if donot have big news to increase the trade volume,   will the HMY be de-listing?

please do something to promote HMY, and give more extra payout for the MP: http://harmonycoinpool.com/  to increase the trade volume.

the http://harmonycoinpool.com/ is down? when will be online again?
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:34:31 AM

We're not suggesting a community takeover, but would you guys be interested in a community coin here. We will still work and develope what we're working on, but would anyone in the community be willing to jump on the team and work with us. We can pay bounties to people to build stuf, like an android wallet or something. The community can work to promote, and come with new ideas because honestly that's what we need. I know Sidiberd wants to help out and be with us, so would you guys interested in help us out with this coin, and we can all work together?

There is some interest in what you say BUT you need to first do something!!! 16K

learminer

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:36:01 PM

We will find out soon enough. At least our noise seems to have generated a little attention. The orderbooks are filling up with people trying to catch some cheap HMY.  There's not many left that are willing to sell this low. Sooner or later price will have to rise.

sidiberd

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:31:51 AM

Good morning all,

I am ready to integrate the team and spend time trying to think on how to improve this coin. I already have many ideas on how to improve this coin and if everyone agrees, i will represent the harmony community/investors and will push for this coin to succeed. Whether it is me or another person, or even more than one person, i believe that it is important that we have the 'investor's voice' within the dev team to defend and integrate our wishes.

The next step i believe we should follow after tor, is to reinforce our marketing and communication strategy, solidify our multipool and make it work again. All of this whilst developing and integrating a mixer based anonymous system on top of the tor; something that would be revolutionary. We could also think about android wallets and other implementations too (but those are not the main priorities atm).

All of this will of course need to be discussed with the devs, and i will get in touch with the devs today in order to find a platform where i can communicate and get hold of them quickly and efficiently every day or so, so i can update you guys and push this project forward faster.

Any ideas/implementations you guys want, please propose them and i will analyse the different possibilities/costs etc and will come back to you guys with what i found.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:50:21 AM

Good morning all,

I am ready to integrate the team and spend time trying to think on how to improve this coin. I already have many ideas on how to improve this coin and if everyone agrees, i will represent the harmony community/investors and will push for this coin to succeed. Whether it is me or another person, or even more than one person, i believe that it is important that we have the 'investor's voice' within the dev team to defend and integrate our wishes.

The next step i believe we should follow after tor, is to reinforce our marketing and communication strategy, solidify our multipool and make it work again. All of this whilst developing and integrating a mixer based anonymous system on top of the tor; something that would be revolutionary. We could also think about android wallets and other implementations too (but those are not the main priorities atm).

All of this will of course need to be discussed with the devs, and i will get in touch with the devs today in order to find a platform where i can communicate and get hold of them quickly and efficiently every day or so, so i can update you guys and push this project forward faster.

Any ideas/implementations you guys want, please propose them and i will analyse the different possibilities/costs etc and will come back to you guys with what i found.

In terms of implementing anon, our team is now a bit against that with the recent NY regulations. Anon is frowned upon, and don't want to get caught up in that. We are however open to letting the community acquire a dev who can implement TOR, it is really pretty simple. In terms of what we can do, is to pay for the bounty of someone to make an android wallet, release the new HMY wallets in the next couple days, and either start promoting on the twitter, or find someone who will stay updated on it. We also have contacts at news sources and may be able to get an article or two written up, something about the revival of Harmony with the Devs and community working harmoniously together. Are you guys okay with the direction it seems we're heading in, it seems that this is an exciting step forward.
sidiberd

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:38:31 AM

I think that anon is always an extra important feature whether be it now or in the future. Plus we all know it is currently hyped and any coin who implements a successful anon gets a lot of attention (have a look at key coin, it has implemented anon 2 days ago and its price is up by more than 600%). I don't care about the price rise as much as i care about the attention this will generate; a better long-term solution. Whereas in the future, i do agree that we must provide a 2 way based solution, one where the user can choose whether he wants the transaction to be anonymous or not.

1) I thought Fernand0x was going to implement TOR anon with updated wallets and irc clients built in (somewhere this week or early next week)?

2) How about the multipool? (Triplef was doing an excellent job)

Even if it isn't a priority, but the android wallet is always a plus. I agree on your other marketing and communication efforts, but i still think we need to provide a bounty for a website, as well as give more attention to irc and twitter as you mentioned. CryptoAdvisor has to remain with us and help us in the marketting department and bring in some investors that would be interested. But again, that doesn't mean we should solely rely on him, this is a joint effort by everyone in the community and everyone has to do an effort.

We are still waiting for your comments people, we need your opinions to see where we will all direct HarmonyCoin. I need your opinions and contributions before i talk to the devs and have a discussion with them.

'We truly believe that within 3 months, HarmonyCoin will be one of the top 5 altcoins in Cryptos!' We are lagging behind big time, but it's still not too late, so let's all move up a level above and get more active in order to get this going.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: