Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:12:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127496 times)
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

Props for following through with what you said you intended to create you just should have tested it a bit more before launch.

To people complaining about conversion rates I assume you could read and did read the first post before scrypt mining. No sympathy here.

What's the problem?  The network is running perfectly fine, isn't it?  It is for me.

Not sure what your referring to, I have no problem. If your referring to the "tested a bit more before launch" I am talking about the bcrpt/scrypt on launch.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:14:47 PM

Props for following through with what you said you intended to create you just should have tested it a bit more before launch.

To people complaining about conversion rates I assume you could read and did read the first post before scrypt mining. No sympathy here.

What's the problem?  The network is running perfectly fine, isn't it?  It is for me.

Not sure what your referring to, I have no problem. If your referring to the "tested a bit more before launch" I am talking about the bcrpt/scrypt on launch.

Yep, that's what I was referring to, and I agree about the scrypt testing.  Seems to be smooth sailing now though.
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:23:36 PM

It's only a test, nud has been  on exchange , it's not a test, you are waste our time and money. Angry Angry

The former support like a monkey, dev is Monkey man,lol.

1:1 ratio is appropriate .

Even worse. Ever thought about how hard it will be now to convince an exchange to trust NUD, considering that alcurex will sooner or later find out that the NUD update leaves them with all their customers' NUD deposits being lost? Blockchain restarts are simply a no-go for any serious altcoin dev who cares about the coin's reputation.

I didn't give any exchange permission to add NUD, that is why I ignore all the PMs from exchanges willing to add support to NUD.

Of course I am not the dictator of the network, exchanges may still add NUD without my permission, just don't be surprised when inconveniences occur.

Unfortunately we are bound to have many updates within the first weeks. I don't think that it's wise to add support for NUD so early for most exchanges.

Hello from alcurEX exchange. We got support message about your coin NUD:

Code:
Hi, 
I need you to comment on the NUD blockchain re-start. I had no idea that you were adding coins without the permission of the dev. What will happen with the NUD that is deposited with you? This is a serious trust issue.

First of all. If you clone and publish opensource coins, there is no"dev permissions".
We inform your community in your thread and PM dev, so everyone know there is exchange for NUD.
Ofcourse we expect dev inform all exchanges and pools how to keep NUD coin alive.
If your dev will not inform pools and exchanges, and want to keep this private, do not make ANN. Use like PREANN and inform you coin is not published yet.

I will freeze NUD market untill we know if we have dev support... and "permission".
Any way. Good luck with your coin. We will not leave you if there is solution to keep your coin on the market. Smiley

alcurEX support
-halibit-
doldgigger

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:39:47 PM

It's only a test, nud has been  on exchange , it's not a test, you are waste our time and money. Angry Angry

The former support like a monkey, dev is Monkey man,lol.

1:1 ratio is appropriate .

Even worse. Ever thought about how hard it will be now to convince an exchange to trust NUD, considering that alcurex will sooner or later find out that the NUD update leaves them with all their customers' NUD deposits being lost? Blockchain restarts are simply a no-go for any serious altcoin dev who cares about the coin's reputation.

I didn't give any exchange permission to add NUD, that is why I ignore all the PMs from exchanges willing to add support to NUD.

Of course I am not the dictator of the network, exchanges may still add NUD without my permission, just don't be surprised when inconveniences occur.

Unfortunately we are bound to have many updates within the first weeks. I don't think that it's wise to add support for NUD so early for most exchanges.

So, are you saying that people should expect to get robbed if they don't ask for permission on everything they do with NUD?

Some would say that the exact purpose of using cryptocurrencies is that there is a cryptographically secured consensus, thereby eliminating the need of asking for permission (otherwise, they would use PayPal or similar services).

After the information about people trading NUD on exchanges was posted right on this thread, you made a deliberate decision to destroy the cryptographic consensus in order to arbitrarily redistribute coins. You should not be surprised if most people used to cryptocurrencies and how they work consider this as a punch right into their face.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
NUD (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

First of all. If you clone and publish opensource coins, there is no"dev permissions".
We inform your community in your thread and PM dev, so everyone know there is exchange for NUD.
Ofcourse we expect dev inform all exchanges and pools how to keep NUD coin alive.
If your dev will not inform pools and exchanges, and want to keep this private, do not make ANN. Use like PREANN and inform you coin is not published yet.

I will freeze NUD market untill we know if we have dev support... and "permission".
Any way. Good luck with your coin. We will not leave you if there is solution to keep your coin on the market. Smiley

alcurEX support
-halibit-

Perhaps I have worded my message in a confusing manner. I am a programmer after all not a writer.

My opinion as the developer was that for exchanges to add support would not be ideal at such an early stage especially considering the fact that most exchanges are under-staffeed and wouldn't have the time/resources to update the client so frequently.

There isn't a single exchange that has gotten my "official" support at this point for the reasons above out of consideration for a healthy network. Exchanges are free to add/remove support for any coin they wish without my permission.

So, are you saying that people should expect to get robbed if they don't ask for permission on everything they do with NUD?

Some would say that the exact purpose of using cryptocurrencies is that there is a cryptographically secured consensus, thereby eliminating the need of asking for permission (otherwise, they would use PayPal or similar services).

After the information about people trading NUD on exchanges was posted right on this thread, you made a deliberate decision to destroy the cryptographic consensus in order to arbitrarily redistribute coins. You should not be surprised if most people used to cryptocurrencies and how they work consider this as a punch right into their face.

Given the fact that the coin is open source I have as much as a claim to it as any other person that posts in the thread, if you believe that 1/10 is an unfair rate you can fork your own.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
halibit
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:11:06 PM

alcurEX support
-halibit-

Perhaps I have worded my message in a confusing manner. I am a programmer after all not a writer.

My opinion as the developer was that for exchanges to add support would not be ideal at such an early stage especially considering the fact that most exchanges are under-staffeed and wouldn't have the time/resources to update the client so frequently.

There isn't a single exchange that has gotten my "official" support at this point for the reasons above out of consideration for a healthy network. Exchanges are free to add/remove support for any coin they wish without my permission.

Given the fact that the coin is open source I have as much as a claim to it as any other person that posts in the thread, if you believe that 1/10 is an unfair rate you can fork your own.
I will not hangig here more.
Just simple question:
Can our customers transfer NUD from our server?
We have wallet:
Code:
    "version" : 2,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 1,
    "blocks" : 5025,
Or is there some update for NUD we should update?
-halibit-
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

I will not hangig here more.
Just simple question:
Can our customers transfer NUD from our server?
We have wallet:
Code:
    "version" : 2,
    "blocks" : 5025,
Or is there some update for NUD we should update?
-halibit-

You need to update:
Code:
"version" : 3,
"blocks" : 1351,
"timeoffset" : 64,
"connections" : 4,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.03884555,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1402640436,
"keypoolsize" : 8,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"paydelegatefee" : 0.01000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""

Just go to the mainpage and download latest wallet form official webpage
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:18:49 PM

But after that update it will not be posssible to transfer those coins!
Just a warning.
DEV promised to exchange them to "new" coins in ratio 10:1.

NUD (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:26:51 PM

Just a warning.

within a week

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
halibit
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

Just a warning.

within a week
Oh dear.
This is extremely confusing.

Please, let me know when you have solution for our customers with "old" NUD coins.
I need to take NUD market out for now.
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

everyone just go mine others,, this is a stupid dev who just cares about what he wants what he thinks and listen to no community.
what the fucking sense! we are just his white rats.

some one who is capable just FORK it please.
green2016

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:16:17 AM

Japnese coin is worse than chinese coin.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:48:08 AM

Just a warning.

within a week
Oh dear.
This is extremely confusing.

Please, let me know when you have solution for our customers with "old" NUD coins.
I need to take NUD market out for now.

ahw yeah i can't think of any solution rather than changing them to 1:10 ratio and redistribute the coin to the depositors.
green2016

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:00:49 AM

If it is scam, we all miner can report the bitcoin forum. Angry
prdomain

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:40:43 AM

Code:
onlynet=IPv4

I add it into nud.conf,  because tor is banned by isp

but can not find any node.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:44:52 AM

If it is scam, we all miner can report the bitcoin forum. Angry

Its not a scam, just go mine another copy paste coin if you dont like this one. Remember we are not paying the devs.

Code:
onlynet=IPv4

I add it into nud.conf,  because tor is banned by isp

but can not find any node.

addnode=62.210.217.242
addnode=nud.fi
koriander

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:53:53 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 10:44:37 AM by koriander

WTB NUDs @ 0.00001. PM me if you have an offer.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:06:25 PM

WTB NUD PM with offers.
Maybe somebody can set up a spreadsheet?
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

How about setting up an asset in nxt AE? I can issue it if there is enought interest "or we can crow fund for issue it"
If you are ready to trust me, we can do this way:
-You send me a PM here saying: Will send XX NUD to you, my nxt account is NXT-XXX....
-I will send you XX assets to your account so can put the order at price you want
-When someone want to withraw, he send to my nxt account the number of NUD assets willing to withraw and then send me a message throw nxt with his NUD account number (from same account which he send me the assets from)

Let me know if you have interest and if you would pledge some nxt for issue the asset

I love nxt so much for make bad publicity about it, and like NUD too because at least have something different from the rest of shitty clones

PD: I could process withrawals and fundings several times a day, but everything will be manually, this is only an idea for allow trading while the wallet is fixing bugs Smiley I would like to charge a fee at least for cover asset transfer fees or something like 0.5% of each withrawal.
doldgigger

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:09:55 PM

We have premined 501 blocks and will create the appropriate transactions within a week of the new launch.

501 * 50 = 25050 NUD. Do you really need so many blocks/coins just for testing purposes?

We will not take any of the premined NUD for ourselves

How can we be sure about that?

Wouldn't it by much more comprehensible (and thereby also more trustworthy) to convert the existing blockchain to bcrypt in the proper way, rather than creating a new one and employing some hard to grasp scheme of premining and transferring transactions to the new blockchain. This will essentially circumvent the crypto which we all trust in (otherwise we wouldn't use cryptocurrencies): The transactions were signed cryptographically with amounts decided by the users. Now if you break the scheme to create an 1:10 exchange, you have no way other than going completely without the crypto, thereby forcing all users to trust your benevolence as a monopolist. Discriminating cryptocurrency users do not need to trust a monopolist. They could just as well decide to take the source, fill in other seed nodes and use the other features on a "Community-NUD" blockchain, deciding themselves about a better way to switch to bcrypt if they want, and leaving you with your "Dictator-NUD" blockchain and your pre-mine.

The source is out there, if you want to hardfork your own crypto you can.

I have already warned people previously that this is an experimental crypto and no need to go crazy buying/selling it at such an early stage. I am trying to satisfy the highest % of people with my decisions however I understand that it might upset some. The network was never meant to accept scrypt blocks which are really easy to mine, one could hoard tens of thousands of NUD with a simple scrypt miner.

I have promised people an even distribution with bcrypt and this is what I intend to deliver, 1/10 of the coins is the appropriate reward for the early adopters that exploited the bug (not necessarily purposely), I think that the masses would agree with my decision, otherwise the masses can fork the client and gain more support. If anyone wants a refund sign me a message with your public key and I will issue it.

Have a great day!

There are two kinds of people innovating on software. Those that warn you that their software is experimental, and later on work together with their user community in order to solve everything in the best interest of the community. And those who lean back on the "well, it was experimental, so don't complain if I made a huge profit due to your greenness". The Bitcoin guys belong to the former kind. Bitcoin was always advertised as experimental, but it still grew because the developers were responsible. It also had bugs. The latest larger one was the transaction malleability bug. But they did not say: "Well, we'll launch a new blockchain with a huge pre-mine, and if you want to be redeemed just write us a message." They fixed it on the existing blockchain. Which leaves us with the question why the NUD team refuses to work with the community. What I'm reading here reminds me of the MtGox story, where they suddenly stopped to process withdrawals and asked for users to identify themselves. Now we should probably grateful if you don't require us to send in passport copies in order to get some fraction of the mined coins on your new blockchain...

Can you explain what you're up to? If it was really an accident that you launched using scrypt, then this altcoin could still be an example for altcoin pioneering efforts if the blockchain will later prove that this altcoin managed to do a stable change in the hashing algorithm. It may even serve the goal of easing Bitcoin users' concerns about a change in the hashing algorithm possibly being necessary in the future, because they can see it can work out well. But what you explained sounds more like an altcoin where people will later look at the "first" 500 blocks in the blockchain and see a big red "ScamCoin" flag.

Take it easy man.  There are no blueprints for this stuff.

There is at least one: https://github.com/rustyrussell/bitcoin_hashchange/blob/master/changing-hash.pdf?raw=true

Then again, if the PoW hash change had been done in a reasonable way, a great opportunity to rip off miners and an exchange would have been lost, together with the justification to do a pre-mine while advertising the opposite.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: