Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127493 times)
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:04:06 AM

Is anyone successfully running the linux daemon?  I am a linux newb but trying to learn, good god how the fuck does anyone put up with this nonsense?  I prefer my shit to just work.

Every version of Ubuntu I have tried, I get stuck at something about libboost 1.0.49 or something.  Updating libboost library doesn't help.

On Debian 7.0, I get past the libboost shit, and get stuck at GLIBC_2.15 and GLIBC 2.14 not found.

If you are running the linux daemon, plus let me know your distro and what dependencies were required, because I am lost.

I've mined on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 without any problems.  Admittedly, boost is a pain in the ass if you get the versions messed up, but if you are starting from a clean install, this should work on the distros above:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev mysql-server
cd ~
wget http://62.210.217.242/master.zip

from there, install unzip, compile the source, set up your config file and let er rip

Linux doesn't ever *just work*.  Google every error you get for like a month, and you will begin to see how computers work.

How to compile source?  I think I got the rest of it down, maybe, idk.  Today is literally the first time I have ever touched linux, it is all greek to me, but I feel my neckbeard growing strong and hearty already.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:12:41 AM

Is anyone successfully running the linux daemon?  I am a linux newb but trying to learn, good god how the fuck does anyone put up with this nonsense?  I prefer my shit to just work.

Every version of Ubuntu I have tried, I get stuck at something about libboost 1.0.49 or something.  Updating libboost library doesn't help.

On Debian 7.0, I get past the libboost shit, and get stuck at GLIBC_2.15 and GLIBC 2.14 not found.

If you are running the linux daemon, plus let me know your distro and what dependencies were required, because I am lost.

I've mined on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 without any problems.  Admittedly, boost is a pain in the ass if you get the versions messed up, but if you are starting from a clean install, this should work on the distros above:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev mysql-server
cd ~

from there, install unzip, compile the source, set up your config file and let er rip

Linux doesn't ever *just work*.  Google every error you get for like a month, and you will begin to see how computers work.

How to compile source?  I think I got the rest of it down, maybe, idk.  Today is literally the first time I have ever touched linux, it is all greek to me, but I feel my neckbeard growing strong and hearty already.
OK, get yourself into the /nud/src dir
Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
this is not unique to NUD.  Let me know if you have any problems
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:17:33 AM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~

Code:

Yeah, I know it's not unique to NUD.  But yeah, make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- is what I did, and it didn't work.

Idk, I musta fucked up somewhere else.

Ugh, let me try this again.  Freaking amazon EC2 windows instances raping me right now.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:21:07 AM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~

Code:

Yeah, I know it's not unique to NUD.  But yeah, make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- is what I did, and it didn't work.

Ugh, let me try this again.  Freaking amazon EC2 windows instances raping me right now.

if you are going to do things like this, you will burn some money.  what are your errors?  post them here.  i, or somebody else can maybe help you.  it takes patience.
green2016

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:33:50 AM

Too difficult to mine it, can you mine it with gpu? Angry
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:35:24 AM

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~

Code:

if you are going to do things like this, you will burn some money.  what are your errors?  post them here.  i, or somebody else can maybe help you.  it takes patience.

Will report back later.  Started fresh from the drawing board.

The problem I am having is like you said, this stuff isn't unique to NUD, but I find about 3 dozen different guides to compiling a coin from source on linux, and they are all just a little bit different from one another.  Different distros, slightly different versions of the dependencies, etc.  Makes things confusing.

Oh well, this is how we learn.  Sent .2 BTC to the dev fund because I figure if I have 120$ to burn up on windows EC2 instances in a day, I got 120$ to donate to development.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:38:58 AM

Too difficult to mine it, can you mine it with gpu? Angry

yeah the network hash has doubled since last night.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:13:57 AM

Holy fuck, hash rate just doubled in a matter of an hour.  That is not me and my piddly amazon instances.
kikeda

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:21:25 AM

Holy fuck, hash rate just doubled in a matter of an hour.  That is not me and my piddly amazon instances.

yeah my hetzner server didn't find a block since last night..
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

So pointless to try and mine with CPU then right?
Caterina

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:52:24 AM

不错的币,关注下
kikeda

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:53:23 AM

not really, look @ it this way the network hash as of this moment is around 550k my i7 cpu hashes around 3.5k so my chances are 1 out of 157 blocks, the last block i hit has around 130+ confirmations so its kinda expected since the network hash just doubled since last night there are around 576 blocks a day @ 2.5min block time so im kinda expected to get around 3-4 blocks a day with wallet mining, so CPU mining is not pointless.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:14:54 AM

not really, look @ it this way the network hash as of this moment is around 550k my i7 cpu hashes around 3.5k so my chances are 1 out of 157 blocks, the last block i hit has around 130+ confirmations so its kinda expected since the network hash just doubled since last night there are around 576 blocks a day @ 2.5min block time so im kinda expected to get around 3-4 blocks a day with wallet mining, so CPU mining is not pointless.

+1

Hashrate feels high now, but only in comparison to how ridiculously low it was.  Any decent consumer desktop CPU can still find a few blocks a day.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:40:48 AM

+1

Hashrate feels high now, but only in comparison to how ridiculously low it was.  Any decent consumer desktop CPU can still find a few blocks a day.

LOL, even my pathetic Sempron 145 still finds a block or two a day so there's still hope.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:34:23 AM

Maybe helpful?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522639.msg5822572#msg5822572

“God does not play dice"
NUD (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

I am looking for just one exchange which is willing to add NUD and get my exclusive support, ideally it would be stable and offer low fees. Since a hit on a network this early could potentially prove to be fatal exchange security is paramount, having it being operated by professionals would be ideal.

Overall NUD is stable enough to be offered at multiple exchanges but my personal choice is to offer my technical support to just one exchange however the code savvy members might support whatever exchange they wish.

To prevent FUD in advance I am making it clear that: I will also not send any bounties or our donations to any exchanges as to not hurt the free market, no code modifications that will favor one business model over another will be implemented either.

I am getting many daily PMs from people looking to buy so I feel as if there is a market to tap into for an exchange as well here. Hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial deal.

Thanks!

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:02:43 PM

I am looking for just one exchange which is willing to add NUD and get my exclusive support, ideally it would be stable and offer low fees. Since a hit on a network this early could potentially prove to be fatal exchange security is paramount, having it being operated by professionals would be ideal.

Overall NUD is stable enough to be offered at multiple exchanges but my personal choice is to offer my technical support to just one exchange however the code savvy members might support whatever exchange they wish.

To prevent FUD in advance I am making it clear that: I will also not send any bounties or our donations to any exchanges as to not hurt the free market, no code modifications that will favor one business model over another will be implemented either.

I am getting many daily PMs from people looking to buy so I feel as if there is a market to tap into for an exchange as well here. Hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial deal.

Thanks!

If you go for a exchange then go for bittrex and nothing else, this is the best exchange for this coin atm for a stable growth and proper exposure to the altcoin community. Every other exchange would be a mistake imo that can hurt the coin in this stage or doesnt have the volume/community to support a proper coin like this.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:55:21 PM

+1

Bittrex is an excellent exchange to act as a coin nursery until it's ready for a larger volume exchange.  They do require a reasonable volume and/or dev support, plans etc. as they quite regularly de-list coins with low volume and waning interest that are going nowhere.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Fatov

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:40:43 AM

No explorer = No exchange

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
kikeda

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:35:05 AM

+1 on bittrex but we need an explorer running for exchanges and coinmarketcap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: