Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127494 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:13:25 PM

I have not mined since the initial day of release.

Just tried to update wallet to version 0.0.0.4 When I run the wallet-qt I get "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datatdir for network?"

I downloaded from NUD site from OP.

Try removing your old wallet completely and doing it again.  Make sure you keep a backup of your wallet.dat. 
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:41:51 PM

dev,somebody said you are Satoshi Nakamoto's student.

Cheesy We all are!

“God does not play dice"
bingoberra

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:28:28 PM

Nice work cleaning up the announcement. Any plans for a slightly more sophisticated logo? Smiley
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:39:39 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 10:07:30 PM by SquidsIn

I would like to make the NUD community aware of the convenience branch of the oldest known NUD git repository: https://github.com/nudnud/nud-unofficial/tree/convenience.

First patch: Making sure that addresses always begin with "N".

Motivation: In more professional altcoins, different starting characters usually mean different address types. So, having sometimes "M" and sometimes "N" for NUD addresses seems confusing.

Please note that unlike the code released by the user NUD, the convenience branch is developed carefully, making sure that users don't run into surprises like an invalidated genesis block (which can happen when running code advertised by NUD). So, as long as the master branch (based on NUD's releases) remains stable, the convenience branch is currently fully compatible.

Lol, so what is this? a takeover?

What do you mean by that?

You know full well what I mean by that

Have you seen how many people contribute to Bitcoin? All takeovers? I guess you may want to sit down and read a bit in order to grasp the basics of open source software and cryptocurrencies...

Yup, nope, I've been a developer for 35 years, 28 of them professionally.  I at least know the basics kid.

I think that probably qualifies for most useless wallet update ever.

As you might have read (or not...), the branch was named "convenience", not "extremely useful". But let's talk again in a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if I see this fix (or future fixes) in some release on nud.fi...

I've been here since launch and read every single message, yours included, thanks.  My point was that you fixed something that didn't need fixing for the sake of posting a snidey comment, not because of a desire to contribute.  You've already made your feelings to the dev clear.  If you want to contribute something meaningful, make an external miner.

But let's be fair. Can you point me to the last fix you contributed, so I can evaluate its usefulness?
yup, you got me, i haven't and i won't.  Why? because I work 60+ hours a week running a business.  I would love to get involved in coin development, unfortunately i simply don't have the time.  That doesn't preclude me from commenting on the efficacy or otherwise of your "fix" though, particularly since you're so critical of the devs efforts, although you're perfectly at liberty to argue it does. I just won't listen.

Incidentally, what is a "professional altcoin"?

In my opinion, altcoin professionalism can be seen if there are some maintenance skills there, so people can afford to adopt the altcoin in their services without having to fear hardforks and blockchain restarts every week or two. And in order to achieve this, a healthy dev community is necessary. Not long ago, there was only one source for NUD fixes, and they were often controversial because they were rather disruptive (don't want to roll it all up again, read it up on the early pages of the thread). But people hardly had a choice. When people have a choice, they can decide themselves which updates create problems for them and which do not.
A bit of pendantry on my part and a cheap dig I admit (but you've made plenty yourself).  I think you may need to look up the meaning of the word professional.  A crypto coin can't be professional, those around it may be considered so one day in the future but not for some time yet it seems.  Ironically those closest to being professional coin developers, those for whom it's a vocation providing a live-able income are most likely to be the ones perpetrating the plethora of scam coins./b]

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:49:46 PM

dev,somebody said you are Satoshi Nakamoto's student.

Cheesy We all are!

maybe our dev is Satoshi Nakamoto.

Fromm the website:

Who created NUD:

Maxtoshi Tokpotato and his brilliant team of engineers.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:35:40 AM

I have not mined since the initial day of release.

Just tried to update wallet to version 0.0.0.4 When I run the wallet-qt I get "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datatdir for network?"

I downloaded from NUD site from OP.

Try removing your old wallet completely and doing it again.  Make sure you keep a backup of your wallet.dat. 

Thank you

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:24:27 AM

guys,welcome to mine New Universal Uuro!!

will be launch in 24 hours!!! zero premine,more active community,will be added to bittrex soon.then minpal,crytsy!!

there are already 3 small exchanges promised to add nue!!!and the logo is more wonderful!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699443.0

Smiley

Fuck off with your scamcoin you chink

no scam,zero pemine,it is fair! more active dev team.will bring huge volume on bittrex!!

nue will do everything better than nud!!

Everything except original innovation, nobody gives two shits about a better logo and a bigger pump with more exchanges cashing in on your scamcoin.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:27:08 AM

Yikes, what is happening?  Poor NUD.  I was so excited to visit the thread and see what impact being added to a legitimate exchange would have.

Just trying to do something different.  New algo, new method of anonymity, many interesting ideas.

And what are you repaid with?  Pages upon pages of whining and complaining and baseless FUD and now a clone coin already?  Well, they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Just for the record, I am holding my hefty stack of NUD, have some buy orders in the 4000-ish satoshi range on bittrex, but if the dev team decides to give this "community" the finger and say go fuck yourself, develop your own god damn coin, I wouldn't blame you.
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:22:26 AM

guys,nue will soon open a mine pool after the launch.you could mine nue in a transparent eviroment!let more and more miners could mine your favorate nue,it is our responsibility.

Nobody wants your "transparent" unreadable communist copy clone.
Please go play with your qq friends and dont come here to spam garbage.
vimeav

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:38:37 AM

guys,welcome to mine New Universal Uuro!!

will be launch in 24 hours!!! zero premine,more active community,will be added to bittrex soon.then minpal,crytsy!!

there are already 3 small exchanges promised to add nue!!!and the logo is more wonderful!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699443.0

Smiley

Fuck off with your scamcoin you chink

no scam,zero pemine,it is fair! more active dev team.will bring huge volume on bittrex!!

nue will do everything better than nud!!

Better? Why?
It's named : New Universal Uuro.
Abbreviation : NUE?
Is this right or childish failure?
Should this be : New Universal Euro?
What a bullshit name, there's is only one NUE, the Hfl. (not efl) :--))
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:22:53 AM

thanks,my fault.
better mining,better improving.
bigger market.

will build a propaganda team,hire some genius to devteam ,work for anon feature,etc.
guys,look at xc,it use the drk algo.

will create 100+ times trade volume on bittrex.

you know,it is easy to be listed on bittrex.
volume=reputation,and will attract many talent people join us.such as blackcoin.

If you coulda you woulda. You are robbing the dev of his original innovation trying to profit off his hard work by pumping your own coin. GTFO retard.
kalisto

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

who is so stupid to sell their coins this low?  Cheesy

when i come back from holiday i will see if i can covert the hash to python so we can implement it into pool software and a external miner
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

when i come back from holiday i will see if i can covert the hash to python so we can implement it into pool software and a external miner

Yes, I think this is what NUD is really lacking to gain attention right now.  It is tough to hit a block unless you are running powerful cloud mining instances, and I shut mine off long ago.  I am not even sure it is profitable to cloud mine at these prices.  Fact is most of the alt "community" are miners in some shape or form.  People seem to be interested in NUD, they come in, mine for 2 days, get frustrated because they get nothing, and give up.

Pools will increase awareness, grow the community, donations will increase and our devs can afford to spend more time developing the coin.

NUD does feel a bit like the early days of XMR, largely ignored but with a small group following it's every development.  I know I kept looking at that Monero thread thinking "It's interesting and new, but I don't feel like figuring out anything else new right now" and kept putting looking into it on the back burner.  If NUD follows a similar path, I'd hate to not be there from the beginning!
GullibleGooo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:24:33 PM

NUD does feel a bit like the early days of XMR, largely ignored but with a small group following it's every development. 

That's totally the same feeling I get. It is as if NUD is something people can't really be bothered grasping ... yet
It was exactly the same with BCN and XMR, a very peripheral activity, until ...
I expect the price to at least tenfold.

Now all we need - as someone so delicately put it - is a new "sophisticated logo".
Dev, it is time to divert a little bit of your technical efforts into marketing efforts Smiley

SaveCoin - Proof of Funds! 65% yearly interest, NOT PoS!
doldgigger

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:46:18 PM

Yikes, what is happening?  Poor NUD.  I was so excited to visit the thread and see what impact being added to a legitimate exchange would have.

Just trying to do something different.  New algo, new method of anonymity, many interesting ideas.

And what are you repaid with?  Pages upon pages of whining and complaining and baseless FUD and now a clone coin already?  Well, they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Just for the record, I am holding my hefty stack of NUD, have some buy orders in the 4000-ish satoshi range on bittrex, but if the dev team decides to give this "community" the finger and say go fuck yourself, develop your own god damn coin, I wouldn't blame you.

As stated before, if there is enough interest in the community, I would be available to contribute towards a coin which works in favour of the community still left. I would do so no matter if the "dev" decides to abandon his release or not. Using the already existing blockchain(s). After all, we have almost everything needed: a network with nodes, helpful people on the forum, a source code repository, and ideas to move forward. After all, this is a cryptocurrency, and not a centralized service like PayPal. So even if the "dev" decides to act like a prima donna just because not everybody likes to lick his boots, and provides the community with yet another "fuck yourself", cryptography protects our investments.

To be clear: Some people like to play down my comments, stating that I would not like the "dev". I do not even know the "dev". I like some things he did. I don't like other things he did. I'm just doing my best to be objective in presence of controversial decisions I see.

To be more clear: I think creating a clonecoin is a stupid idea. Those who read the earlier posts know that I even found the "dev" creating a clone blockchain to be a stupid idea. But we don't need a third blockchain on the same codebase. So I would hope that those thinking about creating a clonecoin would rather join forces with a possible community effort we may create. By working together, we have a much higher chance of being competitive.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
kalisto

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:00:26 PM

To be more clear: I think creating a clonecoin is a stupid idea. Those who read the earlier posts know that I even found the "dev" creating a clone blockchain to be a stupid idea. But we don't need a third blockchain on the same codebase. So I would hope that those thinking about creating a clonecoin would rather join forces with a possible community effort we may create. By working together, we have a much higher chance of being competitive.

Great! So lets join forces on this coin instead of pointing fingers. The dev stated before he dont have much resources available so if we help with additional fixes and expending the infrastructure we all benefit on the running codebase.

Myself did some research the last hour on pool software and implementing the bcrypt hash shouldn't be a big hurdle. I know that i will have more problems implementing the hash into cpuminer so if someone can start looking into that? After next weekend i will be back in my office and have my tools and a proper connection available so i can start testing\building the pool..
doldgigger

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:11:38 PM

Well, considering that you probably also hold some NUD, I understand that you may think that it is best to mute me so no one looking into this thread will become aware of the scams that were ran using NUD. But a good altcoin doesn't need such tactics. We can work together to create an altcoin community which is actually perceived as a benefit by all involved parties, with no exchanges being scammed, no one noticing that his coins are gone, etc.

It is not rocket science to run a coin in a reasonable way. But it requires the dedication to actually do so.

No one is denying the fact that scams were ran on NUD by scrypt miners exploiting a bug in the early release, thus it was decided upon that the "scammers" will be rewarded 10% of their scrypt mined coins for their contirbution to the network for revealing the bug. If you don't think that the decision was just you can freely open your own thread and start a fork, I very much doubt that you'd get a lot of followers that are willing to sabotage the well-being of the network in exchange for their unjustly mined NUD.

The decision was made in such a manner as to upset the least miners, had we not reduced the fraudulently mined coins to 10% people would claim that I abused the bug to mine coins for myself (e.g. a premine).

Where there is original innovation there will always be bugs present, if you don't like that you might want to invest into some clonecoin.

Referring to the coins mined in the first few days as "fraudulently mined coins" is rather disingenuous.  They were mined by the ONLY means with which it was possible to mine them, because of a bug.  Nobody is perfect, you said you made an honest mistake, that Scrypt being enabled was a bug.  But, the network continued and until you announced the hard fork it wasn't exactly clear what was going to happen with the coin.  You might say those who continued to mine kept the faith and kept the coin alive whilst you came up with a game plan.  Most people, some begrudgingly at first (myself included), accepted the 10% exchange and moved on from that initial hiccup.

I would posit that most of the post-fork Bcrypt network comprised the same miners who mined NUD initially with Scrypt, certainly that's the case for myself.  If those who mined in the first few days ALL turned away, muttered scam and stopped mining then we probably wouldn't have an active network now.  I understand that you're short and impatient with FUDsters but referring to loyal day 1 miners as fraudsters and scammers is hardly endearing.  Shocked

I agree. If the "dev" implemented scrypt as the sole algorithm that allows mining in the beginning, then it's weird to call those who also figure it out and try to also get some coins "scammers". I fully understand if the "dev" is upset considering that it may have costed him quite some coins to have someone post the scrypt thing publicly. But calling it "scamming"? If at all, then releasing a coin and advertising a wrong algorithm could be considered "scamming".

Anyway, there are still people left who did not let themselves scare away by the shady actions early on. I would be glad if the "dev" would also see the community thing more positively. I doubt that any one of the early miners who found the coin through this forum thread had anything bad in mind when they decided that they would not want to leave all the early mining to the "dev" team.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
JulianSheen

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:20:08 PM

I'm pretty glad to see those clones, makes us proud that our work is deemed copy worthy  Smiley

As a community, especially the enthusiasts who want to fork the coin, why not help us with moving the coin forward instead?

We have lots of new features planned, a smaller blockchain is a huge one for example, meanwhile you could work on the miners and help us get this coin to where it belongs - on top.

We will not offer bounties because the little money we do have is going to further development. Each donation is greatly appreciated and would help us a lot - Thanks for everyone that already donated.

Not a skilled programmer? you could still help out by committing to a bounty - I've made a thread for the external miner and will keep track of everything.
Please commit here or PM me and I"ll keep track on our forum
s @ http://nud.fi/forums/index.php?topic=18.0

Please be patient and bare with us - "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness".
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:48:09 PM

And what about a GPU miner? Is not possible?
JulianSheen

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 03:08:16 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 05:40:52 PM by JulianSheen

And what about a GPU miner? Is not possible?

Possible but no plans for the near future.
Maybe it"ll be implemented down the road but even then it wouldn't be a whole lot more efficient than CPU.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: