Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
immeraba

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:16:23 PM

Lite Wallets will be able to run Dapps, but not process them.
What is the difference? Huh

We will reveal more information in the coming weeks. Wink

Interesting Smiley I'll wait for more info.
I really like where Crypti is going. This is one of the few projects I believe in.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

Lite Wallets will be able to run Dapps, but not process them.
What is the difference? Huh

We will reveal more information in the coming weeks. Wink

Interesting Smiley I'll wait for more info.
I really like where Crypti is going. This is one of the few projects I believe in.

Thank you. For all believers, spread the word! Smiley

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:07:26 PM

1) MacOS is unix.
2) standby delegates can store CBC-s.
3) Lite wallet is best for windows users. Professional servers are always running under linux/unix - best for 101 delegates.

Keep the good work!
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:53:57 PM

Server problems - wait a second, I'm trying something...
Mandy1749

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:02:50 PM

hello guys..
 Grin Grin Grin

need your votes for my new delegate "China" now.
please .....
my server is online now.....just waiting to join the 101 club.
Mandy1749

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:08:03 PM

it's Thursday now
it's update time.
what is the news?
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:32:19 PM

it's Thursday now
it's update time.
what is the news?

The report is done. It will be reviewed by some of our guys and I will publish it in a few hours.

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:14:53 PM

Second, I totally agree about the vulnerability of Crypti in its current form to DDoS attacks.  As I have discussed before, one solution is to split Top Delegate communications with Lite clients and their communications with each other onto separate IP addresses.  Top Delegates should have their own darknet where only they know the IP addresses being used for communications to new forge new blocks.

I have my concerns with this. If only 101 delegates have control over the network, it will be very simple to launch a coordinated attack on these. Are there any ways to handle this?

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:39:47 PM

Second, I totally agree about the vulnerability of Crypti in its current form to DDoS attacks.  As I have discussed before, one solution is to split Top Delegate communications with Lite clients and their communications with each other onto separate IP addresses.  Top Delegates should have their own darknet where only they know the IP addresses being used for communications among themselves to forge new blocks.

I have my concerns with this. If only 101 delegates have control over the network, it will be very simple to launch a coordinated attack on these. Are there any ways to handle this?

Top Delegates should have their own darknet where only they know the IP addresses being used for communications among themselves to forge new blocks.

The capability to do this is one of the advantages we got when we spun off Crypti Lite.  
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:44:49 PM

Second, I totally agree about the vulnerability of Crypti in its current form to DDoS attacks.  As I have discussed before, one solution is to split Top Delegate communications with Lite clients and their communications with each other onto separate IP addresses.  Top Delegates should have their own darknet where only they know the IP addresses being used for communications to new forge new blocks.

Right now you would have to DDOS all 101 delegates at the same time.  Failure of any delegate to forge a block, passes the block to the next delegate in line.  If 10 delegates were unable to forge, those 10 blocks would have been forged by 10 other delegates.  This 10 delegates would have forged 2 blocks for that cycle.   That would only marginally delay the current 6-10 confirms needed for a transaction to be confirmed.  

Since 10 blocks were missed, then passed on to other delegates, that cycle would lengthen by 100 seconds for the 101 blocks.  Cycle completions are used to check the block chain for forks, add/delete delegates to active/standby mode; and divide the transaction fees earned during that cycle, if any.  

In the future versions, it has been discussed that we will be dropping delegates from the 101 club after X number of failed forges, for the next X cycles.  

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

An Introduction to our Multi Signature Implementation

Hello readers,

We are back with another Crypti issue on Thursday, and today we will cover the upcoming multi signature functionality in Crypti v0.3.1. We will explain how it works and how it will look like.

A multi signature account with a 2nd passphrase, will make your Crypti account as secure as a Swiss bank. There are few cryptocurrencies with multi signature support, and soon Crypti will join their proud ranks with an innovative twist. This is very important for exchanges, as they can offer a nearly 100% security.

Continue on our blog

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:06:30 PM

On the 2nd April we changed to phpBB as our forum software. With this we started using a very nice and Crypti-like theme for the forum. I hope you liked it so far.

A few minutes ago I updated the theme at some aspects. It should now follow the material design guidelines a bit more. As you probably know we went with the material design at our Crypti client, and using it as our corporate identity from now on. Smiley

I hope you like it! Smiley

Check it out at: http://forum.crypti.me

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:41:48 AM

Starik, if someone were to run a full node on windows and try to become a delegate, it would be pointless. As soon as they became a delegate and were active and started missing blocks, they would just get voted out. So what is the point of supporting full nodes for windows? Full nodes aren't meant to be run by the average user. The Lite Wallet can interface with the delegates for anyone on a Windows box, but no one running an application, PoS, or otherwise would be running windows anyways.
Your argument is irrelevant because i never suggested to make a delegate on Windows. Tongue
Correct me if i am wrong. Roll Eyes
Lite wallet does not check blockchain or blocks or transactions and does not propagate them through network. It only connects to delegate nodes. Sad
While full wallet does. (as on the most other cryptocurrencies) Cool
If this is true and the network became only 101 delegates then this is very bad because it could be stopped by simple ddos attack. Cry

BTW, will lite wallet run DAPPs? Huh

For reference, if you think a simple DDoS attack can take down the network, I will pay you a bounty to prove it right now.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:47:41 AM

Mal, I actually addressed this in some of the proposals I had for our 2.0 network when we started looking into re-working it. The problem with setting up tunnels between the delegates is that it then becomes much more difficult to hot swap in standby delegates when an active delegate gets dropped. Bot impossible mind you, just more difficult. That being said, to DDoS effectively 101 cloud servers with proper DDoS protection through cloudflare or otherwise, would be almost impossible. That's not to say all delegates will have proper security and right now I imagine many have rudimentary measures. Even then, I challenge anyone to try it and show us how vulnerable we are in the current state. I will offer some form of bounty (and i'm sure others would chip in) to anyone who can take down the network and prove they did it, or find a vulnerability.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:24:34 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 01:41:28 PM by dzarmush

How do I check if I forge any blocks at the moment? My LA Vultr node started working worse and worse, so I deleted it and deployed the one in NY/NJ location instead of it, but as I see my uptime is keeping falling. Forging is enabled.

UPD: I checked my delegate through the web wallet, it showed that I wasn't forging. Will try to restart the server.

UPD2: It worked, my delegate is back online.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:45:49 PM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

What kind of issue is that ? Like what does it cause ?

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine.  

It is a problem with Windows, not with Crypti.  

I'm guessing because the network is rejecting blocks that are outside of a certain time threshold (like too far in the future or past) ?

If a block sent to a Windows machine, or any delegate, is not returned in sufficient time, the block is sent to the next delegate in line to forge. The only affect on the network is a 10 second or so lengthening of the present 101 block cycle.  The delegate that forged that block too late is now on a possible fork.  At the end of the 101 block cycle, the network self corrects all delegates that may have forked, as well as updating the votes cast during that cycle, and moving delegates in or out of the standby mode to the 101 club.

If the delegate that missed forging in time is on a fork, and it is 80 blocks down, it can take awhile to resync.  Meanwhile, forging of blocks continues on the network as that delegate attempts to catch up.  Now, what if that delegate is sent another block to forge before completing the block chain sync?  Further forking?  I dont know for sure, but it is not helping to secure the network.

I see.
It's not really a huge issue as most delegates would prob have run on linux machines anyway but you could take a look at the NEM whitepaper when it comes out. The NEM devs have implemented their own timesync protocoll which results in nodes not being more than 1-2 seconds away from each other (I'm told it's usually within ms but 1-2 s are not unthinkable).

Litoshi

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:56:26 PM

How do I check if I forge any blocks at the moment? My LA Vultr node started working worse and worse, so I deleted it and deployed the one in NY/NJ location instead of it, but as I see my uptime is keeping falling. Forging is enabled.

UPD: I checked my delegate through the web wallet, it showed that I wasn't forging. Will try to restart the server.

you can watch the Delegate monitor here and see when your Delegte is forging. 

http://cryptichain.me/delegateMonitor

Litoshi

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:00:08 PM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine.  

I'm guessing because the network is rejecting blocks that are outside of a certain time threshold (like too far in the future or past) ?

If a block sent to a Windows machine, or any delegate, is not returned in sufficient time, the block is sent to the next delegate in line to forge. The only affect on the network is a 10 second or so lengthening of the present 101 block cycle.  The delegate that forged that block too late is now on a possible fork.  At the end of the 101 block cycle, the network self corrects all delegates that may have forked, as well as updating the votes cast during that cycle, and moving delegates in or out of the standby mode to the 101 club.

If the delegate that missed forging in time is on a fork, and it is 80 blocks down, it can take awhile to resync.  Meanwhile, forging of blocks continues on the network as that delegate attempts to catch up.  Now, what if that delegate is sent another block to forge before completing the block chain sync?  Further forking?  I dont know for sure, but it is not helping to secure the network.

I see.
It's not really a huge issue as most delegates would prob have run on linux machines anyway but you could take a look at the NEM whitepaper when it comes out. The NEM devs have implemented their own timesync protocoll which results in nodes not being more than 1-2 seconds away from each other (I'm told it's usually within ms but 1-2 s are not unthinkable).

Stas did a little testing two days ago with a Windows wallet.  He reset the clock on the computer, and found that if the Windows time is off by 2 seconds, a transaction sent from that machine, would not be accepted by the network. 

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:02:38 PM

you can watch the Delegate monitor here and see when your Delegte is forging. 

http://cryptichain.me/delegateMonitor

I know Delegate Monitor, but I don't see where I can check whether I'm forging or not.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:32:32 PM

With Windows, it is not a good idea to use the full node.  Use the Crypti Lite wallet instead.

There is an issue with the time sync within Windows that causes forks and the inability to sync the block chain.  In future releases, Boris is not going to release Windows versions of the full wallet because of this issue.  Windows versions will be Lite wallets only.  Full wallets will be Linux based.

You can try deleting the blockchain.db file and restarting the node.  This usually works.

With a 10 minute block time, or even a one minute per block time, the time on your windows computer can be off a few seconds from the official NIST time and still forge or sync.  But with the XCR 10 second block times, a difference of a few seconds in the time on your windows machine and the network time, as synced with NIST, has caused failures to forge blocks and forking of the block chain for that machine. 

If a block sent to a Windows machine, or any delegate, is not returned in sufficient time, the block is sent to the next delegate in line to forge. The only affect on the network is a 10 second or so lengthening of the present 101 block cycle.  The delegate that forged that block too late is now on a possible fork.  At the end of the 101 block cycle, the network self corrects all delegates that may have forked, as well as updating the votes cast during that cycle, and moving delegates in or out of the standby mode to the 101 club.

If the delegate that missed forging in time is on a fork, and it is 80 blocks down, it can take awhile to resync.  Meanwhile, forging of blocks continues on the network as that delegate attempts to catch up.  Now, what if that delegate is sent another block to forge before completing the block chain sync?  Further forking?  I dont know for sure, but it is not helping to secure the network.

I see.

We check every new whitepaper which appears. Thanks for the hint. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: