Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 01:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 [725] 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984789 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:02:57 PM

I also posted this on the NEM forum.

I've tried twice to send XEM to Polo, but the transactions remain on pending and after one hour they time out.
What can I do about this?

I have the latest client (of course), blockchain is synched, my accounts are added correctly.

are you adding the unique message?

Yes, I do. The transaction never gets picked up by the blockchain.

Also, have you contacted Poloniex?

The transaction never leaves my wallet, so there isn't anything Poloniex can do about that.

Is your NIS synced ?
Please check your system time and see if it's way off.

cremstopper

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:04:53 PM

I still cannot figure out delegated harvesting. I have followed the guide, but I don't know what to enter as "host" in the remote server menu. I have localhost by default but that brings up the error 699 maximum number of harvesters reached.

I have waited the 6 hours.

NEM
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:07:15 PM

I still cannot figure out delegated harvesting. I have followed the guide, but I don't know what to enter as "host" in the remote server menu. I have localhost by default but that brings up the error 699 maximum number of harvesters reached.

You are probably already harvesting locally on that node. Since 1 harvester is the default maximum you can't also delegate harvest on that node.

You don't necessarily need a remote hose to use delegated harvesting so localhost is fine.

mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:11:35 PM

When I shutdown NIS while having NCC open with me being logged into my wallet and then start NIS again I get this message. Shouldn't it start automatically even if I just restarts NIS?

NIS needs to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting. (at block 3663)
Start =/= boot

If you let NCC open and stay logged into your wallet and then restart NIS, you have to boot it manually. Take a look in the menu on the top right (arrow down symbol) -> "Boot Local Node".
mikesbmw

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

I've tried twice to send XEM to Polo, but the transactions remain on pending and after one hour they time out.

I have the latest client (of course), blockchain is synched, my accounts are added correctly.

The transaction never leaves my wallet, so there isn't anything Poloniex can do about that.

Is your NIS synced ?

System time is correct and NIS says: "NIS is synchronized! (at block 3691)" at 21:13

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:16:36 PM

When I shutdown NIS while having NCC open with me being logged into my wallet and then start NIS again I get this message. Shouldn't it start automatically even if I just restarts NIS?

NIS needs to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting. (at block 3663)
Start =/= boot

If you let NCC open and stay logged into your wallet and then restart NIS, you have to boot it manually. Take a look in the menu on the top right (arrow down symbol) -> "Boot Local Node".

Oh okay I see, thanks!

What does the "block difficulty" really mean? Does it depend on "how much importance" that is currently harvesting?

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:30:27 PM

Is your NIS synced ?

System time is correct and NIS says: "NIS is synchronized! (at block 3691)" at 21:13
current block 3704
Try to restart NIS, maybe that helps.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:37:53 PM

enter one of the IP addresses in this post into "host" instead of localhost. then start delegated harvesting. its throwing the error cos you are already harvesting on your local nis and the limit is set to one. you may need to try more than one IP if the ones in the list already have the max harvestors.
https://forum.ournem.com/vps-nodes/list-of-dedicated-vps-nodes-to-conect-nem/msg15100/#msg15100

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:42:01 PM

I had same problem earlier today. It seems one of the accounts are set to "unlocked" which means "harvesting" and now the GUI is not showing you any option to stop the account from harvesting "as you probably started harvesting with this account as LOCAL harvesting".

Now once your account turned active for delegate harvesting, you now have the option to start delicate harvesting but you don't have the option to stop local harvesting "as the GUI harvesting button been replace/switched to delegate".

If you wanna confirm that you indeed have one of your accounts unlocked/harvesting locally where you can't see that in the GUI, you can simply confirm that by performing the following steps:

- Open your browser
- Open this url: http://127.0.0.1:7890/account/status?address=PASTE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_HERE
- Replace "PASTE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_HERE" above with your account address
- You should receive a text/json response. Check the Status field. If it is set to locked the account is not harvesting, and if the status is set to unlocked so the account is harvesting.
- Do the same with all your accounts, you should find at least one account set to unlocked.

In my case I found one of my accounts status set to unlocked "though the GUI/client is not informing me about that nor allowing me an option to lock/stop local harvesting". So I wrote a python script around the lock api call, to lock the account. I can send you the script if you need it.

On the other hand an easy fast solution would be setting the maximum allowed number of harvesting accounts. You can set that in the configuration file: /nis/config.properties  the default value is 1, change it to 2 and restart NIS. That should fix your problem.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:47:19 PM

sorry- I miss a few basic mechanics in a prominent place.

like- when I enter my passphrase for the first time, I have to enter a wallet name.

when I return, that name is listed in wallets on that computer. Elsewhere, I read s.t. about a wallet file.

Is that wallet file encrypted with the same passphrase as my account passphrase?

Can I disregard the wallet file and only use my passphrase? When the computer is lost/stolen, can anyone access my XEM somehow on the hard drvie?

I would prefer to operate with ONE passphrase onlly, so having two is  confusing- a bit like that annoying Bitcoin feature where the real privKey is carefully hidden, and only a passphrase to

an off-blockchain DB is supposed to be used....

And sry that I don't feel like browsing tutorials and forums for this info

Ah I see- when I 'export wallet' I get  a small zip file...
cremstopper

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:55:21 PM

I had same problem earlier today. It seems one of the accounts are set to "unlocked" which means "harvesting" and now the GUI is not showing you any option to stop the account from harvesting "as you probably started harvesting with this account as LOCAL harvesting".

Now once your account turned active for delegate harvesting, you now have the option to start delicate harvesting but you don't have the option to stop local harvesting "as the GUI harvesting button been replace/switched to delegate".

If you wanna confirm that you indeed have one of your accounts unlocked/harvesting locally where you can't see that in the GUI, you can simply confirm that by performing the following steps:

- Open your browser
- Open this url: http://127.0.0.1:7890/account/status?address=PASTE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_HERE
- You should receive a text/json response. Check the Status field. If it is set to locked the account is not harvesting, and if the status is set to unlocked so the account is harvesting.
- Do the same with all your accounts, you should find at least one account set to unlocked.

In my case I found one of my accounts status set to unlocked "though the GUI/client is not informing me about that nor allowing me an option to lock/stop local harvesting". So I wrote a python script around the lock api call, to lock the account. I can send you the script if you need it.

On the other hand an easy fast solution would be setting the maximum allowed number of harvesting accounts. You can set that in the configuration file: /nis/config.properties  the default value is 1, change it to 2 and restart NIS. That should fix your problem.

Thank you very much, very helpful answer

NEM
mikesbmw

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:56:53 PM

Is your NIS synced ?

current block 3704
Try to restart NIS, maybe that helps.
Restarted NIS, now I get: the timestamp is too far in to the future.  Huh

EDIT: retried, everything the same, now it "succeeded" and is waiting for a confirmation.

EDIT 2: **SUCCES** the transaction is in the blockchain.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:58:47 PM

- Open your browser

Thank you very much, very helpful answer

When you replace "PASTE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_HERE" with your account's address make sure to remove the dashes "-" from the address. No dashes No spaces.
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:59:02 PM

like- when I enter my passphrase for the first time, I have to enter a wallet name.

when I return, that name is listed in wallets on that computer. Elsewhere, I read s.t. about a wallet file.

Is that wallet file encrypted with the same passphrase as my account passphrase?

Can I disregard the wallet file and only use my passphrase? When the computer is lost/stolen, can anyone access my XEM somehow on the hard drvie?

I would prefer to operate with ONE passphrase onlly, so having two is  confusing- a bit like that annoying Bitcoin feature where the real privKey is carefully hidden, and only a passphrase to

Ah I see- when I 'export wallet' I get  a small zip file...

wallet file stores your private keys encrypted. if you use a strong enough password for your wallet, like you would for nxt, no one will be able to hack it and take your coins. alternatively you can just import your private key each time you use the wallet but that wouldnt be as secure as just using a strong password for the wallet file imo. you cant use the private key with out creating a wallet file unless you use the API i guess.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:02:57 PM

Ah I see- when I 'export wallet' I get  a small zip file...

wallet file stores your private keys encrypted. if you use a strong enough password for your wallet, like you would for nxt, no one will be able to hack it and take your coins. alternatively you can just import your private key each time you use the wallet but that wouldnt be as secure as just using a strong password for the wallet file imo. you cant use the private key with out creating a wallet file unless you use the API i guess.

Thanks! I sort of figured, but was a bit unsure..

But I have another issue that might turn out as an embarrassement for me:

When using the testNEM account, I genertaed a real  NEM account and tooke great care to store the privkey and the pubkey.

Now the privkey opens another account, but the original account (I have listed right above my privkey) does exist and have the XEM in it.

Can this have gone wrong somehow?
 [I am not quite panicking yet, but would really like to find out]

what I have as privkey is a 64digit hex string with the e-f in small letters- this doesnt look like a passphrase to me.. 

was there any step involved that yields a 64 digit hex string with small letters?
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:08:18 PM

Did the 6 hour stuff to be able to do start delegated harvesting and when I click I get error 700 need 1000 xem.
I have more than 20 000 xem

Any idea ??

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wakasaki96744

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:10:43 PM

Did the 6 hour stuff to be able to do start delegated harvesting and when I click I get error 700 need 1000 xem.
I have more than 20 000 xem

Any idea ??

Look at where under your "Current Balance" says something like "Vested Balance"

If your Vested Balance is less than 1000 NEM then you have to wait a day (where 10% of your total will be vested) to start harvesting.

NXT-98EP-BVRB-WU6B-386RA
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:14:47 PM

So I need to wait 1 day + 6 hour ??

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wakasaki96744

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:16:17 PM

So I need to wait 1 day + 6 hour ??

From whenever you had the XEM sent to your account was when the "Vesting" period started. So that time minus 24 hours is the amount of time you have to wait for the 10% of total to show up.

NXT-98EP-BVRB-WU6B-386RA
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:17:05 PM

Ah I see- when I 'export wallet' I get  a small zip file...

Thanks! I sort of figured, but was a bit unsure..

But I have another issue that might turn out as an embarrassement for me:

When using the testNEM account, I genertaed a real  NEM account and tooke great care to store the privkey and the pubkey.

Now the privkey opens another account, but the original account (I have listed right above my privkey) does exist and have the XEM in it.

Can this have gone wrong somehow?
 [I am not quite panicking yet, but would really like to find out]

what I have as privkey is a 64digit hex string with the e-f in small letters- this doesnt look like a passphrase to me.. 

was there any step involved that yields a 64 digit hex string with small letters?

when in the client, look to the top left where it shows your address.. does it still show "primary" below the address? if so click that address and a drop down should appear with a new address that does not say "primary". that should be the account you have nem in.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

Pages: « 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 [725] 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: