Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 03:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984607 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zerotenine

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:53:39 AM

Just installed new client, opened/synced, added an existing account using my private key from my NEM Stake account, new account activated with correct Public Key and Address but showing zero balance Sad

Is there a delay in transferring stakes?

Just click on your address,and choose correct acc. Wink
MGGB

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:01:22 AM

Just installed new client, opened/synced, added an existing account using my private key from my NEM Stake account, new account activated with correct Public Key and Address but showing zero balance Sad

No, Try switching accounts, you have two, the new one the you just opened and your stake Wink

I did, both have zero balances.

Well, I am not sure what to do about that, maybe check you stakes address out on the explorer and see what it says.
isasim

Activity: 33
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 04:04:44 AM

No, Try switching accounts, you have two, the new one the you just opened and your stake Wink

I did, both have zero balances.

Well, I am not sure what to do about that, maybe check you stakes address out on the explorer and see what it says.

you can check you stake address at http://nembex.nem.ninja/

NEM
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 04:11:11 AM

https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/the-age-of-extinction-the-final-blow-to-sockmasters/msg13979/#msg13979

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 04:11:57 AM

Just curious but why is it still called the Beta Client if NEM has already been launched? Will NEM have a protracted beta phase similar to Bitcoin instead of NXT?

Is NEM really from scratch? It should be here soon: http://mapofcoins.com/

Yup it's new code created from scratch. It was originally meant to be a NXT clone but later on, the decision was made to rebuild it from the ground up.

I'm not sure where it would fit in that site though. It would probably be placed in its own group since it's not a fork of any existing currency or perhaps it could have a faint line joining it up with NXT to show that it was heavily inspired by it despite not sharing any code. Other than that, no other project that I know of has attempted forking NEM yet so it would just be sitting there alone.

I see that a lot of work really went into this: http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ I never liked POS and I still think POW is the best distribution and mining model so far but I really want to see how this POI will play out. I also dont like how some chosen few people get to get 9 billion coins for free and just dump it for BTC later.

Beginning to sound like a blockchain reactionary.   Wink  

I think PoW is just nostalgic.  Many people today struggle with PoW and that is despite 6 years of tutorials and guides, imagine trying to do it back in 2009 when there was no educational resources.  You pretty much needed to be a computer science graduate to had been an early PoW miner.   With NEM you only need a PhD to harvest - Public high school Diploma PhD  Cheesy  You only need to click a button in NEM and you've engaged that faster than light drive.   Shocked

Anti-NEMolutionary blockchain reactionary apparatchik!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:23:22 AM

People complain about POI. How much money do you think you'd spend on mining rig, compare as to buying in XEM or NXT lol it's the same. You spent the money on mining rig, rather than just buying in POI or POS coin. You think POW is getting it for free. You've spent all that money on rigs man. lol. That kind of mindset baffles me, Facebook stock wasn't free people had to buy in except those who were part if it in the early days. fyi I didn't buy fb. lol

People are putting too much thought into proof-of-stake rewards when they really aren't very significant to begin with. For any coin that has a fixed supply, the staking rewards are bound to be small. A NXT whale with 1 million NXT only earns the equivalent of less than 20 cents worth of NXT after a full week of non-stop forging (link). Until someone creates a similar calculator for NEM, I can't really say for certain but I would assume it's the same situation. Those who stake should do so with the intention of helping the coin by securing its network rather than personal profit.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:26:40 AM

Ford Prefect

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:27:41 AM

https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/the-age-of-extinction-the-final-blow-to-sockmasters/msg13979/#msg13979

Not on the list, just checked the block explorer and found my account status:LOCKED???
Lorenzo

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:30:12 AM

Not on the list, just checked the block explorer and found my account status:LOCKED???

I asked the same question too a few pages back. Here's the answer that I got:

2.) Why does it say "Status: Locked"?

The status locked just means you are not harvesting on that account. You need 1000 XEM in vested balance to do so. And you have to initiate harvesting from within the account. If you do local harvesting it will be the account you are using, if you do delegated harvesting it will be the proxy account that you give your importance to.

EDIT: What does the balance on your account say in the block explorer? If it shows the correct balance then it probably means that the problem is on your end.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:32:12 AM

How to lower the frequency of notifications that "NIS and NCC are running"? I would prefer not to have a popup every 15 minutes.
Ford Prefect

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:37:24 AM

I asked the same question too a few pages back. Here's the answer that I got:

The status locked just means you are not harvesting on that account. You need 1000 XEM in vested balance to do so. And you have to initiate harvesting from within the account. If you do local harvesting it will be the account you are using, if you do delegated harvesting it will be the proxy account that you give your importance to.

EDIT: What does the balance on your account say in the block explorer? If it shows the correct balance then it probably means that the problem is on your end.

The block explorer says the same as my wallet 0.000000

So who do I contact to fix this?
MGGB

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:39:48 AM

How to lower the frequency of notifications that "NIS and NCC are running"? I would prefer not to have a popup every 15 minutes.

Change the behavior of the notification area icon to "hide icon and notifications"  that worked great for me.
Lorenzo

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:41:23 AM

The block explorer says the same as my wallet 0.000000

Hmm... That's weird. Click on the link below:

http://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/

Is the NXT address that you sent your NEMstake asset from listed on that page?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 04:41:36 AM

NEMBEX says all accounts are locked.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
MGGB

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:47:04 AM

Change the behavior of the notification area icon to "hide icon and notifications"  that worked great for me.

Yeah that's one way, although I would still like to have the icon. Nevermind, first world problems, still better to hide everything because of the popup.

Agreed, that was driving me crazy, mine is still there its just not popping up  all the time!
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:54:27 AM

Why are they locked?
isasim

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 05:05:06 AM

Why are they locked?

NEM
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:20:36 AM

Why are they locked?

but I am harvesting....?
andme
Legendary

Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:52:20 AM

Why are they locked?

but I am harvesting....?

You can make the query like this:
   h ttp://127.0.0.1:7890/account/get?address=TALICELCD3XPH4FFI5STGGNSNSWPOTG5E4DS2TOS
or, if the port 7890 is open, the request can be done remotely:
   h ttp://<node's_ip>:7890/account/get?address=TALICELCD3XPH4FFI5STGGNSNSWPOTG5E4DS2TOS
Among other information, will be "status":"LOCKED" or "status":"UNLOCKED". In the first case harvesting does not work in the second work.
In Nembex this status is not displayed correctly, for all accounts written Status: LOCKED.

Session      ● WireMin      ● Point      ● NYM
isasim

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 05:54:38 AM

Why are they locked?

but I am harvesting....?

You can make the query like this:
   h ttp://127.0.0.1:7890/account/get?address=TALICELCD3XPH4FFI5STGGNSNSWPOTG5E4DS2TOS
or, if the port 7890 is open, the request can be done remotely:
   h ttp://<node's_ip>:7890/account/get?address=TALICELCD3XPH4FFI5STGGNSNSWPOTG5E4DS2TOS
Among other information, will be "status":"LOCKED" or "status":"UNLOCKED". In the first case harvesting does not work in the second work.
In Nembex this status is not displayed correctly, for all accounts written Status: LOCKED.

YES, Don't pay much attention to NEMBEX.

NEM
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: