Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 05:15:53 PM by nembit86

There is a LOT of stuff you are probably not aware of that has killed this coin over its lifespan, year late deadlines, silly projects, and scamming developers, etc...

This is going too far. Wrong accusations like this, without explaining why you think like this is not ok.
I know how much time and effort was spent on making sure everything is as fair as possible. I personally invested a LOT of time in this too, so I understand your post as a personal insult. If you do not explain in an objective manner why you write stuff like this, I'll think about blocking you in this thread.

I can hazard a guess......his socks were found..........and they were very smelly.....lol.....
maybe he has a grudge....a chip on his shoulder ?

hes still calling NEM a coin instead of a platform.......shows how out of touch he is

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:21:58 PM

Its not all about the price!

Its trolls that go on and on about the price that really annoy me!

What about the price of NXT, Blackcoin, monero, etc, alot of them are currently down!
Besides, people are holding onto their stash, no one wants to sell.

Low price is good for those that want to get in early!

Sick of all the speculators that want to make a quick buck overnight, if thats for you, go buy a lottery ticket. No such thing as get rich quick except for a small minority.

I agree, I don't pretend to understand why certain coins experience success. Nxt is a good example. They have continued to release new features and have a rock solid Blockchain, but the price has been suppressed. I just think people don't have the stomach for multiple crypto projects other than Bitcoin. I consider the current Alt marketcaps and prices as normal, whereas two years ago they were highly inflated with speculation. Unfortunately people think those prices will one day return, when in reality they will never return and the Alt market will continue to be saturated with new projects as Bitcoin will inches higher and higher.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:59:06 PM

Its not all about the price!

Its trolls that go on and on about the price that really annoy me!

What about the price of NXT, Blackcoin, monero, etc, alot of them are currently down!
Besides, people are holding onto their stash, no one wants to sell.

Low price is good for those that want to get in early!

Sick of all the speculators that want to make a quick buck overnight, if thats for you, go buy a lottery ticket. No such thing as get rich quick except for a small minority.

I agree, I don't pretend to understand why certain coins experience success. Nxt is a good example. They have continued to release new features and have a rock solid Blockchain, but the price has been suppressed. I just think people don't have the stomach for multiple crypto projects other than Bitcoin. I consider the current Alt marketcaps and prices as normal, whereas two years ago they were highly inflated with speculation. Unfortunately people think those prices will one day return, when in reality they will never return and the Alt market will continue to be saturated with new projects as Bitcoin will inches higher and higher.

I think things will settle down eventually.

It seems to be one big popularity contest at present.

Look how successful Doge is.

Will LTC die?
IDK, i think its crap, and little interest to me. But hey, speculators watch the charts and invest in it.

NXT is one of the best platforms out there.

It should be well up in the top 5, but everyone looks to BTC and LTC.

Both are dinosaurs and I would love to see how they can operate in the long term with mass adoption.

Marketing is probably key, but that can cost money. And the the whole community has this responsibility to help in whatever way they can - dont leave it up to a handful of devs and complain that nothing is being done.

NEM belongs to you, as much as anyone else.

This doesnt apply to just NEM, but anything that wants to take on BTC seriously.
We need to target newbies who dont really know much about bitcoin.

Anyway, i hope the majority of shitcoins die soon, we dont need them.

CMC could do with a major cleanup too. That would help somewhat.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 09:11:55 AM

It seems projects like this nobody cares:

http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/infoteria-private-blockchain-startu/

Anyway, crypto trolls here won't care. They only rant and curse it because they see nothing in the movement of the price. It is ok. They can continue to do so. As I said, what is more important is the few of us are tirelessly working on it. Soon, people will realise more and more of NEM would hit mainstream. Fact is, mainstream won't care to speculate on the price of XEM.

And fact is, mijin is not the only initiative that is moving on. There will be others coming along as we progress. It is a multi-prong market approach by multiple parties.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:05:10 PM

Will LTC die?
IDK, i think its crap, and little interest to me. But hey, speculators watch the charts and invest in it.

Both are dinosaurs and I would love to see how they can operate in the long term with mass adoption.

Marketing is probably key, but that can cost money. And the the whole community has this responsibility to help in whatever way they can - dont leave it up to a handful of devs and complain that nothing is being done.

This doesnt apply to just NEM, but anything that wants to take on BTC seriously.

i see it completely different.

doge is a joke.

ltc is the best thing to come out of crypto todate (not that thats saying much). kinda a reason why tis number 1 alt.

nxt ......LOL i could tell u stories about that ..................................oh long stories

anyone who says btc and ltc are dinosaur hasn't really looked into the code.

funnily enough half the self titled 2.0s pretty much rehash crap we were talking about and long disregarded on p2p currency newsgroups long before bitcoin was launched.

just because somethings original code doesn't automatically make it better.

oh i do though agree with this point "majority of shitcoins die soon, we dont need them"....though every shitcoin claims all the others are shitcoins Wink
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:48:25 PM

Will LTC die?

doge is a joke.

ltc is the best thing to come out of crypto todate (not that thats saying much). kinda a reason why tis number 1 alt.

nxt ......LOL i could tell u stories about that ..................................oh long stories

funnily enough half the self titled 2.0s pretty much rehash crap we were talking about and long disregarded on p2p currency newsgroups long before bitcoin was launched.

oh i do though agree with this point "majority of shitcoins die soon, we dont need them"....though every shitcoin claims all the others are shitcoins Wink

You're joking right?  LTC has network affect as being the first BTC clone, that's it, nothing innovative about it.  NEM is far more innovative, but obviously not as popular.  As is ETH, NXT, Ripple, etc... The issue is that crypto by design will only succeed if everyone is spending, developing, mining on the same blockchain (much like the internet), regardless if that blockchain is the most "innovative".  My argument is that Alts (including LTC) will end up dead unless they are pegged or have some kind of symbiotic relationship with BTC's blockchain.
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:40:12 PM

future is a lot of beggars persons interested to receive 1 xem.
look at btc? a lot of beggars running from faucet to faucet in hope to receive treasured 1 btc.

you never thought of that 5 years later from this point people of beggar will also run from one faucet to other faucet in hope to receive treasured 1 xem.

why so occurs? because there is a lot of people. their resource is unlimited. these are billions in the world of people beggars standing with a cap in hand. now they collect on satoshi faucets, in hope to gather sometime 1 btc. then too most will be and with xem. it is just necessary to give time to a coin and to look as within next 5 years it will extend among these beggars collecting that from one faucet that from another different coins. i and itself such will also not hide it. and therefore thanks to such as we to beggars running from faucet to faucet as a result there will be that many will dream to receive 1 xem as they now dream to receive 1 btc collecting every day satoshi from different faucets. it is whole industry of beggars actually. they will also make that so all will dream, many of them to gather treasured 1 xem from different faucets.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:10:32 AM

Will LTC die?

doge is a joke.

You're joking right?  LTC has network affect as being the first BTC clone, that's it, nothing innovative about it.  NEM is far more innovative, but obviously not as popular.  As is ETH, NXT, Ripple, etc... The issue is that crypto by design will only succeed if everyone is spending, developing, mining on the same blockchain (much like the internet), regardless if that blockchain is the most "innovative".  My argument is that Alts (including LTC) will end up dead unless they are pegged or have some kind of symbiotic relationship with BTC's blockchain.

firstly litecoin is far from simply a clone of bitcoin, on launch just minor twigs yes but its progressed somewhat since then, also when it comes to innovation here, we are talking currency not a trip to mars (dollars aren't too innovative, and they've been doing just fine).

currency is about trust, crypto might be cool and all in this backwater pseudo tech crowd, but to pretty much everyone else in the world, most coming out of this crowd has little trust.

litecoin atleast has a known dev, has the proven and sound innovation that are behind bitcoin, with way less negative baggage and no anon dev holding a billion dollar bag.

tbh any even (well almost) the shittest alt, could, if obtained decent adoptions levels become a usable currency, most these 2.0s have are a huge step backwards because of complete ignorance to KISS, which is what most the closet dwelling tech crowd are guilty of ignorance too.

hell even Bitcoin and Litecoin are way way way too complicated for average joe's.

but half the crypto crowd falls for the ol innovation to sell snake oil lines.

i live eat breath in the real markets of the world, as a full-time daytrader, never met yet another trader or any business associate who would touch bitcoin., let alone any of these 2.0 hacks.

i say litecoin is far from perfect in my eyes, its only slightly better, but then it suffers slighly less from what turns many off bitcoin.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:46:42 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 12:07:50 PM by Thingamajig

DOGE's claim to fame is this, and only this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ur3o01yag8bcmb/god.pdf?dl=0

A quick quote from that PDF:

Quote from: GOD
" While dogecoin hits 50-70 satoshis, the truth is, I did not owned 10 billion
doge, but rather a mere total of 4 billion. The amount of holdings I had were
overstated so as to aid me and mask by exit strategy in the near future.
Now, came the part of Jamaican bobsled team. It was a perfect time for
other whales and myself. We signal through buy/sell walls that we are ready
to move. It was a test pump. We wanted to see if the dogecoin community
were gullible enough to think that it was the Jamaican bobsled publicity that
have drove dogecoin prices up. "

This PDF was doing the rounds for a while a year or so ago, and is the only reason why most ALT's (That offer nothing new technology wise) are successful -- through manipulation.

Because the crypto markets are so small, and so few control large quantities of their wealth, these markets are far from "Free" but rather, a victim of greed. Manipulation is oftentimes the only reason why we see coins go from zero to something without warning or a logical explanation. And, as they're small markets, it's relatively easy to do without too much effort, especially if you've got the pockets to do so in the first place.

It's precisely this manipulation that creates a lack of trust in the crypto sphere because it causes the price volatility - keeping the REAL investors away and allowing crypto to be stuck in limbo.

Under the hood, DOGE offers nothing, it is another clone shitcoin and it's only reason why it's maintaining some semblance of value is because the bagholders are still keeping the momentum the whales created going. It's not in their interest to have what they hold hit zero, so they keep the ball rolling. The whales with their manipulation just had to give it the intitial push.

I suggest everyone reads that PDF before they start slandering NEM, because if you're a holder of a coin like DOGE, you're a tool.
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:32:55 PM

those who compare xem fuel to doge, ltc, or btc understand nothing in new happening processes. xem-fuel. doge, ltc, btc-coins. than coin differs from fuel? coins is currencies which huge set and world in them doesn't need world. therefore we see such small volume of market where most part of coins market is occupied by btc coin. what is fuel? it not a coin, is technology fuel at which work hard services using fuel for work. without fuel any service won't be able to work. therefore future banks and other financial services placed on nem blockchain will need xem fuel to work.

whether perhaps simple coins, such as doge, ltc, btc grow up from coins and to become as xem fuel? answer isn't present. because they aren't blockchain 2.0, and in long term they aren't crypto 3.0 and not blockchain 3.0 which xem-fuel will be.

don't compare simple coins to fuel Tongue
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:51:51 PM

Just want to let you know that there is probably an issue with the official NEM faucet. I get an error trying to request some NEM.
"An error occured, please, try again.". The faucet is still funded and I tried it yesterday and today without success.
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:52:01 PM

Just want to let you know that there is probably an issue with the official NEM faucet. I get an error trying to request some NEM.
"An error occured, please, try again.". The faucet is still funded and I tried it yesterday and today without success.

I know, no issues,  faucet will be down for the weekend, few things to change in the code.

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:20:21 PM

those who compare xem fuel to doge, ltc, or btc understand nothing in new happening processes. xem-fuel. doge, ltc, btc-coins. than coin differs from fuel? coins is currencies which huge set and world in them doesn't need world. therefore we see such small volume of market where most part of coins market is occupied by btc coin. what is fuel? it not a coin, is technology fuel at which work hard services using fuel for work. without fuel any service won't be able to work. therefore future banks and other financial services placed on nem blockchain will need xem fuel to work.

whether perhaps simple coins, such as doge, ltc, btc grow up from coins and to become as xem fuel? answer isn't present. because they aren't blockchain 2.0, and in long term they aren't crypto 3.0 and not blockchain 3.0 which xem-fuel will be.

I do not understand why you keep calling xem fuel? What does that even mean?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:00:42 PM

I do not understand why you keep calling xem fuel? What does that even mean?

on nem will work banks. i on bank account have a sum of 1000 USD. i want to send 100 usd to my friend. i send it 100 usd and pay fee at a rate of 1 xem. thus more money transfers will be that on nem more everything fuel to send money transfers will be necessary. count cost of 1 xem and you will understand as it favourably when many banks work at blockchain nem and by means of them money transfers in any point of the world will become even cheaper. xem-fuel Smiley
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:07:32 PM

it will be so possible to send any currency in the world to any country and to pay fee 1 xem. 1 xem = 0.00013 usd. these are 100 transfers at price to 0.013 usd. 1000 transactions will cost 0.13 usd. 10000 transactions will cost 1.3 usd. xem very favorable fuel for international money transfers Smiley
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:41:57 PM

That's rediculous. I vote no one ever call xem "fuel".

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:32:33 PM

+1

Fuel is an Ethereum term, i see it with some other coins too.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:26:54 PM

+1

ok

xem- quantum crystals for money transfers.
xem- energy crystals for money transfers.
xem- quantum energy crystals for money transfers.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:40:26 PM

+1

ok

xem- quantum crystals for money transfers.
xem- energy crystals for money transfers.
xem- quantum energy crystals for money transfers.

None of those, naming is not your forte.

ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:48:04 PM

Hey guys, I got my friend into NEM, but he is noob..he started his wallet like 4 hours ago. It showed him 105 days behind...and now it stays at 102 days, is that normal? he restarted it several times, any idea, what should he do? It is version 0.6.43

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: